Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) (2774 Views)

Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Can I Replace My Car Engine Oil With A Road Side Measurement Oil? / My Car Gives A Clicking Sound On Movement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 7:41am On May 21, 2015
Guru in the house, pls help explain the function(s) of these symbols 'S', 'A/T','*'. They are situated close to the handbrake. The 'S' turns yellow when on while the A/T turns red when on. Really don't know what they represent in my Nissan Primera car.

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by Shagati(m): 9:32am On May 21, 2015
Let me hazard an educated guess:

S = Sport Mode. (Holds the revs for a little longer before up-shifts for more spirited driving)
A/T = Normal auto transmission mode
* = Snow mode. (Works with your traction control to provide the best grip under slippery conditions)

Open to corrections smiley
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 9:40am On May 21, 2015
Shagati:
Let me hazard an educated guess:

S = Sport Mode. (Holds the revs for a little longer before up-shifts for more spirited driving)
A/T = Normal auto transmission mode
* = Snow mode. (Works with your traction control to provide the best grip under slippery conditions)

Open to corrections smiley
Thanks, but what do i with them? Do I have to switch them on for each function?
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by Shagati(m): 9:49am On May 21, 2015
nickxtra:
Thanks, but what do i with them? Do I have to switch them on for each function?

Yes if you are savvy enough to.
I would advice you just leave it in the neutral (A/T) position where none of the lights are illuminated.

2 Likes

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 10:00am On May 21, 2015
Shagati:

Yes if you are savvy enough to.
I would advice you just leave it in the neutral (A/T) position where none of the lights are illuminated.
Ok, I will. Thanks
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by honmusa(m): 10:58am On May 21, 2015
nickxtra:
Guru in the house, pls help explain the function(s) of these symbols 'S', 'A/T','*'. They are situated close to the handbrake. The 'S' turns yellow when on while the A/T turns red when on. Really don't know what they represent in my Nissan Primera car.
The red light is an indicator to show that the seat heater is turn on and to turn off the heater u switch off the red light .

1 Like

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by Kashif(m): 11:44am On May 21, 2015
honmusa:

The red light is an indicator to show that the seat heater is turn on and to turn off the heater u switch off the red light to neutral .

Wrong.

OP, follow Shagati.

2 Likes

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by achinaboy(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2015
u no dey wash ur car,abi na cabu cabu be dat
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by femicousim: 3:24pm On May 21, 2015
@OP, shagati is so on point
@shagati, nicely done bruv
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by honmusa(m): 4:36pm On May 21, 2015
grin
femicousim:
@OP, shagati is so on point
@shagati, nicely done bruv
Nairaland kazeems on what basis do u concludes who is on point? for your infornation i have use the car before and i have the owners manual.
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:28pm On May 21, 2015
honmusa:
grin
Nairaland kazeems on what basis do u concludes who is on point? for your infornation i have use the car before and i have the owners manual.

I hope this is a joke?

2 Likes

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by urose93(f): 2:10pm On May 22, 2015
That is just the seat heater switch, period. That is the car am using now.
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by honmusa(m): 5:43pm On May 22, 2015
urose93:
Thank you my sister o ,I wonder wetin they wan hear again o .
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by Shagati(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2015
urose93:

Take a picture of your own switch and post it here ma'am.
Thanks in advance
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:12am On May 23, 2015
nickxtra:

It was spelt out on this forum http://www.npoc.co.uk/forum/nissan-primera-w11-help-please_topic56008.html

S. is for sportz mode(it will hold the.
gear for longer making best use of.
the rev range)
A/T. (center) is normal driving mode

* is for snow mode (reduceswheelspin.
in limited traction conditions.)

2 Likes

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by oluwaseunla(m): 1:39am On May 23, 2015
@Nickxtra, this is why they say you should include the year of manufacture of your car in your query.

I suspect your car is a p11, and so Shagati should be the correct one here. Why honmusa and urose93 got it confused is that in the next model (p11-144), that switch was replaced with seat heater switch. The inscription on the switch was changed though, so it should be pretty obvious which is which.
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 9:50am On May 23, 2015
oluwaseunla:
@Nickxtra, this is why they say you should include the year of manufacture of your car in your query.

I suspect your car is a p11, and so Shagati should be the correct one here. Why honmusa and urose93 got it confused is that in the next model (p11-144), that switch was replaced with seat heater switch. The inscription on the switch was changed though, so it should be pretty obvious which is which.
Honestly, if I tell you that I understand your explanation, I will be lying to you. Pls modify your comment for easy understanding,
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 10:12am On May 23, 2015
achinaboy:
u no dey wash ur car,abi na cabu cabu be dat
oga, u will not understand. i have been queing in a petrol station situated in a dusty part of Abuja since morning. Nor b my fault jare
Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by Shagati(m): 10:59am On May 23, 2015
oluwaseunla:
@Nickxtra, What year is your Primera?
honmusa and urose93 are basing their argument on the position of the switch in their later model without taking into consideration the inscription on the switch

nickxtra:
Honestly, if I tell you that I understand your explanation, I will be lying to you. Pls modify your comment for easy understanding,

Clearer now?
He is just saying what has been said before

1 Like

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by oluwaseunla(m): 6:19pm On May 23, 2015
nickxtra:

Apologies for not being clear enough. @Shagati, bless your heart for the explanation.

@Nickxtra, below is the picture of the switch in a P11-144. The picture is not very clear, I had one ancient phone with me that time. This one is a seat heater switch, your own switch works for putting the auto transmission in sports mode. Notice the difference in the inscriptions on the switch.

Re: These Symbols In My Car Gives Me Concern(Pictures) by nickxtra(m): 6:40pm On May 23, 2015
Shagati:

Clearer now?
He is just saying what has been said before
Ok, I get that now. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Clunking Sound From Front Legs Of My Car / Toyota RAV4 VS Nissan X-trail: Which Is Better? / Difference Between GLK 2010 VS GLK 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.