Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,223 members, 7,807,747 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here - Career (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (622900 Views)

ICAN May 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / Breaking news : ICAN releases the result of 2016 May Diet Exam / ICAN May/june 2016 Diet Exam- Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by 1BB007(m): 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
undecided undecided
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by adubam(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2017
Banjousman:
Please for those that did PM in skills... I just want to be sure if am the unserious type or the question was actually difficult. Because I was only able to attempt 3 of the 5 questions.
Now am scared cos Its not my first attempt.

From Management Accounting to PM it has always been the course that frustrate many out of ICAN. Once you pass it be sure you are on our way to ACA.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Detumi: 4:34am On Dec 20, 2017
Pls put your mind at rest concerning PM o,you will be surprised to see that you'll even pass well,I did pm three times,my first attempt which I even thought I would have passed ,I failed and I had 49,my third attempt which was even very hard for me,I had 51,that was the only course that kept me in skills out of 6 papers before I now passed it.Don't worry the three you did is enough for you to pass but if you're worried,trust in God ,he is a miracle working God and you will pass that paper in Jesus name because you have tried your best.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by wisebolak43: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2017
Detumi:
Pls put your mind at rest concerning PM o,you will be surprised to see that you'll even pass well,I did pm three times,my first attempt which I even thought I would have passed ,I failed and I had 49,my third attempt which was even very hard for me,I had 51,that was the only course that kept me in skills out of 6 papers before I now passed it.Don't worry the three you did is enough for you to pass but if you're worried,trust in God ,he is a miracle working God and you will pass that paper in Jesus name because you have tried your best.

if they attended tuition centre,there is chance of being beneficial of upgrading if they score up to 40
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:39pm On Dec 20, 2017
Happyfellow147:
Previous diet especially May 2017 was way cheaper
ok
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by kaybams1(m): 1:55pm On Dec 20, 2017
ACCA will always beat ICAN hands down when it comes to organization and using good study pack standards to set exam questions. ICAN sets questions like most Nigerian Public Universities do. They will want to prove sophistication at the expense of carrying students along in terms of marking scheme.

This I think is the reason most fail PM. Last diet PM was a bit even worse for me than this one. Though I made a mistake answering more than the required questions in a particular section. It was later after the exam I realized. Don't know how grave the penalty will be though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by wisebolak43: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2017
kaybams1:
ACCA will always beat ICAN hands down when it comes to organization and using good study pack standards to set exam questions. ICAN sets questions like most Nigerian Public Universities do. They will want to prove sophistication at the expense of carrying students along in terms of marking scheme.

This I think is the reason most fail PM. Last diet PM was a bit even worse for me than this one. Though I made a mistake answering more than the required questions in a particular section. It was later after the exam I realized. Don't know how grave the penalty will be though.

wat do u mean by study pack standard?every candidate dat fail ican actually fail it.u can't expect ican to pick question directly frm pack.and candidate hav been told to b conversant of emerging issues which may nt b found inside pack
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by kaybams1(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2017
wisebolak43:

wat do u mean by study pack standard?every candidate dat fail ican actually fail it.u can't expect ican to pick question directly frm pack.and candidate hav been told to b conversant of emerging issues which may nt b found inside pack

No one ever said they should pick questions DIRECTLY from study pack. It's a professional exam for goodness sake. No one expects that. However, regardless of the manner you set the questions, anyone that reads and understands their study pack and past questions should be able to pass.

They were flooding us with text messages May diet about the need for us to focus only on their study pack and pathfinder yet I didn't really see how that helped. Except you are unserious, you cannot read and understand a BPP or Kaplan study pack (that is revised regularly) and not pass ACCA. 'Candidate should be conversant of emerging issues' because they are now a research organization. If the study pack is lagging with meeting up with modern accounting techniques why not revise it regularly. Why put that burden on students?

Look criticism is critical to progress. If something is wrong with something, pointing it out doesn't mean you are condemning it. It's just what it is. ICAN still has a long way to go before catching up with their international counterparts. It's a simple fact.

9 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2017
kaybams1, I totally agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by KingsleyACA: 3:02pm On Dec 20, 2017
Fr was ok PM was kinda deadly MGE was fantastic psaf was awesome. in all just pm n fr were d wahala causer in Nov diet skills
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by wisebolak43: 3:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
kaybams1:

No one ever said they should pick questions DIRECTLY from study pack. It's a professional exam for goodness sake. No one expects that. However, regardless of the manner you set the questions, anyone that reads and understands their study pack and past questions should be able to pass.

They were flooding us with text messages May diet about the need for us to focus only on their study pack and pathfinder yet I didn't really see how that helped. Except you are unserious, you cannot read and understand a BPP or Kaplan study pack (that is revised regularly) and not pass ACCA. 'Candidate should be conversant of emerging issues' because they are now a research organization. If the study pack is lagging with meeting up with modern accounting techniques why not revise it regularly. Why put that burden on students?

Look criticism is critical to progress. If something is wrong with something, pointing it out doesn't mean you are condemning it. It's just what it is. ICAN still has a long way to go before catching up with their international counterparts. It's a simple fact.

there is no need of limiting oneself to ican study pack and pathfinder.like last diet aaa,I was nt aware of isa 701 and I used idea of isa 700 coupled wit infomation in d question.I scored 70.they want us to read wide & think deep,so dat why practising u wuldnt be intimidated

2 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by donokoh(m): 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2017
wisebolak43:

if they attended tuition centre,there is chance of being beneficial of upgrading if they score up to 40
Big lie bro, i totally disagree with you on this one.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by wisebolak43: 3:52pm On Dec 20, 2017
donokoh:
Big lie bro, i totally disagree with you on this one.

let me explain to u.in every other profession lyk law,engineering & medecine,d pass mark is 40 even ANAN,bt ICAN,ACCA & other accounting bodie,d pass mark is 50.if there is mass failure in any of ican subjects dat affect overral perfomances dat is wen the upgrading comes in.d purpose wy ican ask u to fill ur tuition centre is to b sure dat u have formal training cos d only critisism against ican,acca & others by ANAN is dat their candidates ar nt trained in d classroom.
ican find it dificult to upgrade any candidate dat prove dat ge/she can pass witout attending lecture.if such candidate score 49.5,if there is general upgrading such candidate wouldn't be
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mandonnels(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2017
wisebolak43:

how sure are u?
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by adubam(m): 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2017
wisebolak43:

let me explain to u.in every other profession lyk law,engineering & medecine,d pass mark is 40 even ANAN,bt ICAN,ACCA & other accounting bodie,d pass mark is 50.if there is mass failure in any of ican subjects dat affect overral perfomances dat is wen the upgrading comes in.d purpose wy ican ask u to fill ur tuition centre is to b sure dat u have formal training cos d only critisism against ican,acca & others by ANAN is dat their candidates ar nt trained in d classroom.
ican find it dificult to upgrade any candidate dat prove dat ge/she can pass witout attending lecture.if such candidate score 49.5,if there is general upgrading such candidate wouldn't be

I disagree with you Sir. ICAN does not do favouritism in her marking process. You either pass or fail. Anybody can write any tuition centre irrespective of whether they attended or not in the box provided. ANAN is run just like our higher institutions where a lecturer gives marks to students anyhow. In ICAN you don't know who marks your papers. This error of comment should not be allowed to tanish ICAN's image.

5 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Ias1: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2017
adubam:

I disagree with you Sir. ICAN does not do favouritism in her making process. You either pass or fail. Anybody can write any tuition centre irrespective of whether they attended or not in the box provided. ANAN is run just like our higher institutions where a lecturer gives makes to student anyhow. In ICAN you don't know who marks your paper. This error of comment should not be allowed to tanish ICAN's image.
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by donokoh(m): 10:00pm On Dec 20, 2017
adubam:

I disagree with you Sir. ICAN does not do favouritism in her making process. You either pass or fail. Anybody can write any tuition centre irrespective of whether they attended or not in the box provided. ANAN is run just like our higher institutions where a lecturer gives makes to student anyhow. In ICAN you don't know who marks your paper. This error of comment should not be allowed to tanish ICAN's image.
God bless you my bro. You took d words out of my mouth. God bless you once again.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by inspirational93: 11:44pm On Dec 20, 2017
click this link to download free PDF document files and related courses on any topic(business,career,investment,small business,import and export,marketing,financial education,management, etc)
http://viwright.com/4as2
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by adubam(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2017
Amen.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Alvaro21: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2017
I believe the aim of asking for your tuition Centre is to get the statistics on the outcome of the students from various tuition Centres.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by lakezedd: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Please i also need the ican foundation study pack too...my email is olalekanrahman2@gmail.com
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by highb1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2017
wisebolak43:

This is a fabricated lie! The reason for filling of tuition house is for ICAN to reach you if happen unable to reach through other means u provide. Tuition isn't for them to add marks.

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by highb1(m): 3:03pm On Dec 22, 2017
lakezedd:
Please i also need the ican foundation study pack too...my email is olalekanrahman2@gmail.com
if u are a registered ICAN student, you can download it from the website
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by highb1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2017
Bayogoke4us:
ICAN is done with marking of November, 2017 diet and result will be out come January, 2018. I also heard from reliable source that the highest score in Case study was 45/100. Its time for normal ICAN permutation and combination before result will be released and i'm expecting 5/5 in Jesus name, Amen.
it's a lie. No matter how difficult the exam was, some people wil still breaken even., moreover nothing made the exam difficult than d issue of EVA, if u have knowledge of it, nothing else..

3 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by lakezedd: 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
I want to see the materials ist to see if its something i can do before registering.
I am in the process of deciding whether to do it or not.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mgbadike81: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2017
ogedanny:
A new discussion thread is now open for ICAN November 2017 Exam Diet With FREE Study Packs For Knowledge, Skill and Professional, Past Questions and Answer PDF - Also you can review Tutorial Centers

Do you have any question or tips to share or need study packs to download?

Find all ICAN Past Questions & Answers!: Where To Download ICAN Past Questions & Answers, See Guide Here

Meet other ICAN students and exchange relevant information for EXAM.

We Are Recruiting Accounting Graduates & Executives! See Latest Accounting and Finance Jobs In BIG Companies Paying Over 100k Salary
good afternoon, I just stumbled on this thread and it's already 62 pages long, please brother, I'm a degree holder in economics/geography who wants to switch over to ICAN, can you help me with a step by step approach? I would like to get and study the study packs first before registration. please it's sooo important and urgent to me. thanks and remain blessed.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by Otaifo1953: 7:12pm On Dec 22, 2017
highb1:
it's a lie. No matter how difficult the exam was, some people wil still breaken even., moreover nothing made the exam difficult than d issue of EVA, if u have knowledge of it, nothing else..

'Nothing made the exams more difficult than EVA', well let me speak from my own point of view and not generalize. Time constraint made the exams more difficult and Eva. I know you would say you need to maximize your time and all but it was very difficult to do so especially when we had to compute different ratios and changes in income statements for both companies and knowing fully well that they gave us a 5 year summary f/S.
EVA is one of the toughest business valuation model but it doesn't mean one cannot know it. However there are some people who are currently working 10-12 hour shifts plus they had already passed sfm in previous diets, so coming across Eva might have been quite difficult. A friend read sfm, mge,browsed through my atax, pm,cr and fr, and although he read most valuation models but cos of his work, he was forced to select some topics to be left out from those courses.

My point is, Eva isnt the only reason case study was difficult. and although there might be people who would breakeven but it may be few and it obviously may be based on the person marking your script.
Because last diet, I can understand why my friend who knew the value chain model and wrote accordingly,failed, and my colleague who didn't have a clue on value chain,passed.
Its all God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mgbadike81: 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2017
Otaifo1953:

'Nothing made the exams more difficult than EVA', well let me speak from my own point of view and not generalize. Time constraint made the exams more difficult and Eva. I know you would say you need to maximize your time and all but it was very difficult to do so especially when we had to compute different ratios and changes in income statements for both companies and knowing fully well that they gave us a 5 year summary f/S.
EVA is one of the toughest business valuation model but it doesn't mean one cannot know it. However there are some people who are currently working 10-12 hour shifts plus they had already passed sfm in previous diets, so coming across Eva might have been quite difficult. A friend read sfm, mge,browsed through my atax, pm,cr and fr, and although he read most valuation models but cos of his work, he was forced to select some topics to be left out from those courses.

My point is, Eva isnt the only reason case study was difficult. and although there might be people who would breakeven but it may be few and it obviously may be based on the person marking your script.
Because last diet, I can understand why my friend who knew the value chain model and wrote accordingly,failed, and my colleague who didn't have a clue on value chain,passed.
Its all God's grace.

good afternoon, I just stumbled on this thread and it's already 62 pages long, please brother, I'm a degree holder in economics/geography who wants to switch over to ICAN, can you help me with a step by step approach? I would like to get and study the study packs first before registration. please it's sooo important and urgent to me. thanks and remain blessed.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mgbadike81: 7:55pm On Dec 22, 2017
highb1:

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by wisebolak43: 8:20pm On Dec 22, 2017
Otaifo1953:

Its all God's grace.

ICAN just realise hw important is case study dat is why it has become a course dat require extral atention of markers.analysis & computation alone can't make one pass case study bt also candidate comunication skills.d two oarts must b balanced for one to pass it

1 Like

Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mgbadike81: 6:48pm On Dec 23, 2017
ABDamola:

Go to ICAN site 2 download pathfinder(like 10 diets)
please,how much would it cost me to register for the entire foundation level examination? do I need my NYSC certificate to register for student membership? it's important to me because I have lost it.
Re: ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here by mgbadike81: 6:53pm On Dec 23, 2017
lakezedd:
I want to see the materials ist to see if its something i can do before registering.
I am in the process of deciding whether to do it or not.
you can download it from here

http://ng-books..co.ke/2016/07/ican-study-packs-password-restrictions.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (177) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.