Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

This Is What Nigerian Government Did For Me. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is What Nigerian Government Did For Me. (496 Views)

Photos See What Nigerian Army Recovered From Boko Haram / What Nigerian Soldiers Saw At Dikwa (some Graphic Photos) / See Photos Of What Nigerian Soldiers Pass Through During Training (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Nigerian Government Did For Me. by petokey: 10:59am On May 21, 2015
Well meaning Nigerians, i greet you all.

With respect to the topic above (though sarcastic)one will but wonder if their is need for state and local government in Nigeria. Base on my opinion, the state and local government put together has not done anything near what the regional governors did then in the sixties and seventies( the Awos, Ziks, and Ahmed Bello).

Haven't you sat down and asked yourself..... What has the government done for me? especially your local government?

With all this in my mind, it has led me into posing this question to my fellow Nigerians.....

How can we really rate the performance of the three arms of government in Nigeria? giving examples of the states and local government affected.

Yes! because i really want to critically argue on the checks and balances. so i need examples.

All opinions are welcomed, i don't discriminate.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Government Did For Me. by Nobody: 11:27am On May 21, 2015
My view on how we can rate the tiers of Government includes: Power, peace, food and infrastructure development.
Over the years, government have strived to fulfil various promises on these aspects but only a few have been able to meet up to 30% of these.
Edo state for instance, Osho baba was able to upgrade road development in most local government areas, like massive road constructions in Etsako west, Akoko Edo LGA etc. Yet most areas still yawn to enjoy these development.
This government was able to create a peaceful environment for the most businesses, common trader etc, even if the tax rate is a kind of burden to the people.
In power distribution, there is nothing to write home about, in food provision, Government was suppose to sponsor and oversea most Agric Project, rather than giving loans and corrupt persons hiding under this guise to steal government funds.
Rating government under these few, I will say boldly that it can't have a pass mark, we still have a lot of change to yawn for.
Re: This Is What Nigerian Government Did For Me. by help3852: 11:37am On May 21, 2015
petokey:
Well meaning Nigerians, i greet you all.

With respect to the topic above (though sarcastic)one will but wonder if their is need for state and local government in Nigeria. Base on my opinion, the state and local government put together has not done anything near what the regional governors did then in the sixties and seventies( the Awos, Ziks, and Ahmed Bello).
J
Haven't you sat down and asked yourself..... What has the government done for me? especially your local government?

With all this in my mind, it has led me into posing this question to my fellow Nigerians.....

How can we really rate the performance of the three arms of government in Nigeria? giving examples of the states and local government affected.

Yes! because i really want to critically argue on the checks and balances. so i need examples.

All opinions are welcomed, i don't discriminate.
blame GEJ

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

May 29th Has Been Promised To Be A Non-violent Free Election Handover Day / Kaduna May Just Be Th Next Best Governed State In The Next Four Years / NLC Asks Jonathan To Move Against Oil Cabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.