Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,362 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:09 PM

Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. (40827 Views)

Nigerian Man Strips On The Streets Of Bangkok, Thailand (photo) / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by MilesLamar(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2015
is wa o
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by eliwa47(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2015
Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Sijo01(f): 6:50pm On May 21, 2015
This is a dump site. The refuse is decaying already.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by petux(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2015
Lol ....calabar...sha...dirty state.....Vote Tophaz Miss Nairaland.... God Bless
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by icelord(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2015
Jona is d cause of dis... Hit like if u believe..... Na joke o
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by efilefun(m): 6:52pm On May 21, 2015
If this was an APC state, trust some E-rats would have been shouting Tinubu's name like he owes their generation some money
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Jaylone(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2015
baybeeboi:
OP, tell me where in Calabar you took those pictures.
because they say Calabar is neat does not mean all of calabar has ever been neat.
Places like Ikot Eshie, Ikot Eneobong which are remote parts of the town have not always been that neat.
Besides looking at those pictures very well one can deduce that they are taken from the same street.
The poster wrote Ikom and the the last time I checked Ikom is like 218 km from Calabar.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by tizblink: 6:53pm On May 21, 2015
The persons leaving in that area have not done well either.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Trailblazer1(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Yea because it is not Lagos or Rivers States, Your dripping and sagging mouth would have cried blue murder! Shameless Hypocrite!!
Witch

Are u still alive?

Accuser of the brethren from the East
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by spencekat(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2015
Zellie:
Disgusting. I thought they said it was 'Small London' grin
Ikom is not Calabar.Although,Calabar beauty is over hyped.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by ThisMeansWAR: 6:57pm On May 21, 2015
It looks like Igbo land of aba
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by corisande: 6:57pm On May 21, 2015
This never happened when Donald duke was the governor
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2015
BabaNath:
Shebi dem vote the same party put? Abeg make una no complain o. Enhen
why is that u always talking from ur anus why nah
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by jackal001: 6:58pm On May 21, 2015
It's just so sad how UNINFORMED Nigerians can be. It's unfortunate that a lot of people don't know the difference between City, LGA, State or Language of many places. The caption is completely wrong to start with. Calabar (Made up of Calabar South & Calabar municipality LGAs) is the Capital of Cross River State. Ikom is another LGA in Cross River, which is located at about 7hours driving distance from Calabar!
I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of the filth-littered street in the picture, but the record has to be set straight.
I dare challenge anybody in this forum to show me a picture inside Calabar town that is half as dirty as the one in this pix!
Calabar is a clean city and this is a well-known fact. Calabar is neither a state by itself nor a language. It is just a city in Cross River State, chikena. Ikom is the headquaters of Ikom LGA located very very far from Calabar, in fact it is closer to Cameroun than to Calabar

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by dammieco(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2015
The good old days! This picture made me remember how Ibadan is 15yrs ago
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 6:59pm On May 21, 2015
oduastates:
Lack of local government and governance. The citizens are suppose to pay taxes for refuse to be evacuated (not waiting for allocation). This is applicable to all the states and local governments in the country.
what is this one talking?
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by 9jatatafo(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2015
Mega city in the making.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2015
joystickextendr:
looks like the same street to me undecided

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
must u av problem with ur joystik all the time.nawaaa ooh
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2015
PStacks:
Jonathan stronghold..
PDP State..
another ogogoro man is talking
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Jaydeebaba(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2015
I be like...............

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2015
tinuolababy:
cheesy cheesy shame
to u?
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by inimitkel(m): 7:05pm On May 21, 2015
Choi..every city has got its poo
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by ironbody03(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2015
hahn:
Did their governor throw those things there?

Come on, we're talking about a country where 95% of the populace feel comfortable littering the streets with their waste. Its now a norm to drink sachet water and throw away the empty sachet on the floor. A country where most houses and shops don't have waste bins.

This is actually a very good opportunity for any entrepreneur with funds. Purchase some waste trucks, register a business name, have a business plan, solve this problem and become a millionaire

And so what !
Even if it's not the governor that throw it there. After all it's part of hisfity to clean his state where he was voten

All is well
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by fizzile(m): 7:15pm On May 21, 2015
U must be a big fo0l to say this is Calabar. Ikom and Calabar,are they the same thing? Guess u must be so jobless. I stay in Calabar and u can't find such on the streets of Calabar. So go back and very ur facts.

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by BabaNath(m): 7:17pm On May 21, 2015
onlyson16:
why is that u always talking from ur anus why nah
Because I'm trying very hard to imitate your ancestors. Stewpid kid
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Aitee1: 7:19pm On May 21, 2015
RedBenson is that not your street tongue
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by MrHighSea: 7:20pm On May 21, 2015
IKOM IS NOT CALABAR BUT A MAJOR CITY IN CRS. D fact is, Its nt usualy lyk ds. Evn Calabar z getin messy. DONALD DUKE weep not for corrupt laden dirty succesor.

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by onlyson16(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2015
BabaNath:
Because I'm trying very hard to imitate your ancestors. Stewpid kid
i av noting to talk with a smoker.but try lean idiots/prodigal man
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 21, 2015
The govt should reintroduce War Against Indiscipline. Some people are just good with littering their environment. One almost broke our windscreen when he threw an orange out of the bus a little ahead of our car. What about the bus stations,and garages here in lagos. Even when you leave giant waste baskets in public'some people would still litter the place. Na iron hand some people need.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by mmsen: 7:24pm On May 21, 2015
baybeeboi:
OP, you the Mad abi?

How is Ikom a street in Calabar?

Ikom is a Local Government 3hr drive away from Calabr and you post Nonsense pictures here trying to create the impression that this is Calabar.
That picture was taken from Obudu Road in Ikom somewhere around Shopping center.
Stop deceiving people here.

Thank you for telling the truth.

I've noticed a trend on nairaland of general lying but also a mini campaign to paint Calabar as something other than what it is.

I've never seen a street in Calabar that looks like the above.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by braimeddy: 7:27pm On May 21, 2015
My friend correct ur sentence. It's not calabar but a town in cross river state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Peace Mass Transport Passenger Narrates Her Ordeal. / Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.