Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. (40857 Views)

Nigerian Man Strips On The Streets Of Bangkok, Thailand (photo) / The Current State Of Enugu Airport Runway (photos) / This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Crixina(f): 7:00am On May 22, 2015
Taylor86:

ur from cross rivers right
no, but I know the place.

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 7:05am On May 22, 2015
Crixina:
no, but I know the place.

pardon my curiousity

where u from
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by fyneboi79(m): 7:07am On May 22, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I can be cleared in 24 hours.
So this is no news.
What kind of container are you? 20 feet or 40 feet?

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by jevic(m): 8:08am On May 22, 2015
Disgusting.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by dbestuncle: 8:55am On May 22, 2015
hahn:
Did their governor throw those things there?

Come on, we're talking about a country where 95% of the populace feel comfortable littering the streets with their waste. Its now a norm to drink sachet water and throw away the empty sachet on the floor. A country where most houses and shops don't have waste bins.

This is actually a very good opportunity for any entrepreneur with funds. Purchase some waste trucks, register a business name, have a business plan, solve this problem and become a millionaire

And u think that the people who enjoys coming out of their houses to dump waste on a nearby road will b willing to pay for the waste biz service? You sabi joke. i like ur writeup but its not practicable without relevant sentisizeation on the part of the Government at any level. Am we will get there. U try dis in Syngapore n u will go to jail for it.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Tomzy50(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2015
Thanks to whoever posted this. I was there few weeks ago, it's really not looking good @all. This issue is supposed to be addressed by the L.G.A chairman, y should he pay deaf ears to this? angry angry angry
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by hahn(m): 9:12am On May 22, 2015
dbestuncle:

And u think that the people who enjoys coming out of their houses to dump waste on a nearby road will b willing to pay for the waste biz service? You sabi joke. i like ur writeup but its not practicable without relevant sentisizeation on the part of the Government at any level. Am we will get there. U try dis in Syngapore n u will go to jail for it.

Well, if you join my post and your post together then we have both covered what should be said grin

Its just that I personally feel the citizens should learn to place more blame on themselves for some things that go wrong because afterall a governor has to be an ordinary citizen first and what he practises as an ordinary citizen is what he'll still practise and a leader. Its also easier for one to challenge a political leader when one himself is doing the right thing

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by ddefoe: 9:16am On May 22, 2015
I can't believe my eyes! I served in this town just in 2006-2007 and the whole town then was crystal clean...then we were all marvelled how clean the city was and I always wish that other cities and town in Nigeria were clean like Ikom,with flowers and trees on the street.relevant agancies should do something urgently
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by dbestuncle: 10:10am On May 22, 2015
once again please let me quote you. i discover that we have another proble that looks litle but it is not. i moved to a new street and because am fortunate to own a litle house on the street at a very small age. i pick up the challenge of us aving a union or an association we call Landlord and tenants Association wen robbers made our street their hub. Do u knw, thats wen i discovered we lacked elders in our dear country Nigeria. At first it worked and we wer able to sulmount the problem of insecurity, lack of water and accesible road but wewn we got to the area of wastes, i was on my own. the elders at every point betray me, backstab me and it got to a point we peoiple wer asking me if i was the only educated person on the street. they also collected som people's money and ate it and that was wat scattered the Association til date.

i av made up my mind that wer i live must b a peaceful and neat environmernt but i got no support 4rm thos wu ar been respected on the street n it hurts. to worsen the matter no Government agency is willing to take this matter up in my state because to them there ar worst places in town. u c the kind of workers, followers, Governments and people in our society ba

hahn:

Well, if you join my post and your post together then we have both covered what should be said grin

Its just that I personally feel the citizens should learn to place more blame on themselves for some things that go wrong because afterall a governor has to be an ordinary citizen first and what he practises as an ordinary citizen is what he'll still practise and a leader. Its also easier for one to challenge a political leader when one himself is doing the right thing
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by ukemeramat(m): 12:22pm On May 22, 2015
chinysblog:

www.chinysblog..in/2015/05/ikom-on-verge.html?m=0
This can spark an epidemic seriously.... the govt should look into this properly!!!
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by hahn(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2015
dbestuncle:
once again please let me quote you. i discover that we have another proble that looks litle but it is not. i moved to a new street and because am fortunate to own a litle house on the street at a very small age. i pick up the challenge of us aving a union or an association we call Landlord and tenants Association wen robbers made our street their hub. Do u knw, thats wen i discovered we lacked elders in our dear country Nigeria. At first it worked and we wer able to sulmount the problem of insecurity, lack of water and accesible road but wewn we got to the area of wastes, i was on my own. the elders at every point betray me, backstab me and it got to a point we peoiple wer asking me if i was the only educated person on the street. they also collected som people's money and ate it and that was wat scattered the Association til date.

i av made up my mind that wer i live must b a peaceful and neat environmernt but i got no support 4rm thos wu ar been respected on the street n it hurts. to worsen the matter no Government agency is willing to take this matter up in my state because to them there ar worst places in town. u c the kind of workers, followers, Governments and people in our society ba

I totally agree with you. One of the major problems we have in this country are our so called "elders". Majority of them have simply refused to accept their past mistakes and allow the youths implement new and better ideas. They hold on so much to the past and refuse to grasp the change the present and future might bring. They also do everything they can to ensure that the young ones don't grow and try as much as possible to frustrate your efforts.

However, I'd advice that you don't relent. You must persist to promote what is right and condemn what is wrong without prejudice
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Sunny360: 1:34pm On May 22, 2015
Misleading heading. The write-up mentioned A CITY IN CROSS RIVER STATE (Ikom) and NOT Calabar! Ikom is not in Calabar.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by skedy1(m): 1:35pm On May 22, 2015
How is ikom a street in calabar Are u alright at all This pix isn't 4rm cali....Do ur research well mr U!!!!
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 22, 2015
Ikom is located in the northern part of Cross river state, and not in the state capital ' calabar', it has its own LGA that ought to take care of the rubbish displayed. Get your facts right.
Its a shame , we dont have enlightened people doing blogs, just a bunch of glorified illiterates with a computer and awoof data doing blogs.

The author of the write up ought to have done proper fact finding before publishing the misleading information. at least try to travel around naija once in while.

Calabar still remains the neatest capital in Nigeria and is located over 100km away from Ikom.
Get your facts right, do proper investigations and stop spewing rubbish about places you dont knw, maybe if you investigate properly you may discover that the people who littered the streets of ikom are your relations. grin

Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Paschalp(m): 2:53pm On May 22, 2015
MKO4ever:
These pictures can't be from Calabar, Maybe Onitsha (the good part in Onitsha) we have never heard any dirty report about Calabar
. it's not calabar, but ikom where i stay, I kome the situation here, calabar was used to attract ya attention.
Re: Photos: See The Current State Of The Streets Of Calabar. by Paschalp(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2015
Zellie:
Disgusting. I thought they said it was 'Small London' grin
not calabar oooo it's ikom... look at the first statement...ikom on the verge... I come from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Passengers Travelling From Katsina To Kano Burnt To Death In Accident. Graphic / Assa community In Imo State Flooded (Pictures) / Nigerian Man Dies In Motor Accident Hours After Writing "I Don't Have Plan B"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.