Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! (4800 Views)

Wife Sends Husband To Prison For Marrying A Second Wife (Photos) / Marrying A Woman That Cannot Cook: Nigerians Respond (Video) / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by KanwuliaJara: 1:15am On May 22, 2015
Why stop at "GOD-FEARING"?
Una for kukuma marry "GOD" kpa-kpa!
Nothing to fear again abi?
Shiiiiiiiior!!!!! cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Woged2005(f): 5:11am On May 22, 2015
TheEqualizer:

Ha! Thanks for the compliments but I can also be an azz sometimes regardless. cheesy

That said, I just think we're all guilty of letting prejudiced constructs and trying to fit in somewhere blur our deeper understanding of things. I guess that's why it's better to always keep an open mind and learn how to deal with things/individuals as isolated cases. And not general preconceived notions/beliefs about classifications..

Yep. Especially our people can be very judgmental. Everybody forms holy yet our country bad like used motor-oil. over-sabi people wey no even fit fix their personal problems. very closed-minded people with no room for further development. having someone with open-mindedness is refreshing sometimes. wink wink wink
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by TheEqualizer: 8:50am On May 22, 2015
Woged2005:

Yep. Especially our people can be very judgmental. Everybody forms holy yet our country bad like used motor-oil. over-sabi people wey no even fit fix their personal problems. very closed-minded people with no room for further development. having someone with open-mindedness is refreshing sometimes. wink wink wink

Haha! You're not bad yourself.

I think you have got fire burning in you and you ought be a counsellor and free the rigid minds of close-minded people, to enable them to be more yielding to others, without using constructs. Once that starts happening, the world would be a better place, and humanity will benefit a great deal from it.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Andyempowered(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2015
interleukin:
Hmmmm
Una get time o.
Interleukin
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by yetseyi(f): 9:22am On May 22, 2015
djon78:

Who ever wrote this is so much confused.Marriage is a very serious issue most especialy because it involves two different beings. The centre point of every human is the heart. Prov 4 vs 23 says that the issue s of life has its source from the heart. Jesus said in luke 6 that a goodman out of the good treasure of the heart bring forth good things

1 John 5 says that God is love, while 1 corinthians 13 vs 4 defines the xter of love as: patient, kind, not boastful nor proud, not rude and not selfish.

Who is then a God fearing man? He is one that have surrendered his heart to God and God fills it with his love so that man becomes a new person. Jesus said by these shall men know you are my disciple if you love one another.
Most of the people you call God fearing are just religious men or church goers' by there actions you see that God is not in control of their heart.

As for marriage the bible sahd Husband love your wives meaning be patient, kind, not selfish, not rude to their wives while wives on the othfr hand are to submit, obey and respect their husbands.
The secret of a succesful marriage lies in both the man truly loving his wife, while the woman submits, obeys and resgects the man.

When we look at many marriages failing today is because of those two attributes hhghlited are not being implemented. Thereby we have so many messed marriages. In addition to that many men and women look at the wrong values in chosing a spouse men look at outward beauty instead of the lasting treasures of good character while the women neglect lasting values like hardwork, highly responsible, good morals in a man but rather go for riches. Affluence etc.

If men and women will be wise and do the right thing there will be many succesful marriages instead of many marriages breaking up at an alarming rate.

Third paragraph states it all.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by troy20(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2015
I found my self in some thoughts a while back how difficult communication and social life have become since almost everyone has he or her self draped with a pious cloak; eager to impress you with bible quotations at every situation;strutting some sort of divine personality which intent is to boost their selfworth and perception before 'mortals'.if he/she arnt a pastor then he is a 'vice' pastor, or a deacon or a cell leader or choir master...if he arnt holding any position then he/she is a good bible quoting one carrying a 200 pound weight of pride on their shoulder - you see the point is, its hard getting past all that to tell a persons true personality or character.so unless I have the meaning of 'God fearing' completely misunderstood,why do people find that concept so exciting? How do you define a good man or woman and how important are they for you in the common ajudged terms; a believer and an unbeliever.really miss the good old days when life was not this much complex.Nice point 0p.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by freecocoa(f): 10:25am On May 22, 2015
For people who care about religion/spirituality.

Just give me an intelligent/open minded man and I'm good to go.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Amhappy(f): 10:34am On May 22, 2015
No 5 is most times true. Some girls still go ahead looking for a sharp guy God fearing man. i had a discussion with one of my girlfriends about this. If you want a God fearing Man go for him but do not expect the same man to be doing sharp practices to make money because his colleagues are doing same.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Woged2005(f): 11:00am On May 22, 2015
freecocoa:
For people who care about religion/spirituality.

Just give me an intelligent/open minded man and I'm good to go.

invariably this is what I am saying too.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 22, 2015
First, Woged2005 gave us reasons why men shouldn't marry ''good girls/virgins", now it's why ladies shouldn't marry "god-fearing men".

Some upended stuff right there.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Woged2005(f): 5:24pm On May 22, 2015
Gaborone:
First, Woged2005 gave us reasons why men shouldn't marry ''good girls/virgins", now it's why ladies shouldn't marry "god-fearing men".

Some upended stuff right there.

"Why ladies shouldn't marry 'god-fearing men;"? - Don't know which write-up you read, definitely not this post. "Re-think" and "shouldn't" are not same thing in my dictionary o! now you blame me for not figuring out the difference?
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by LewsTherin: 7:28pm On May 22, 2015
Usually wouldn't reply on a thread that's gone this far but since the OP keeps responding to posters, then...

First off, I believe there is a difference between a "God-fearing" and a follower of Christ. I will focus on Christians because (1) I am one and (2) when a Nigerian female calls someone God-fearing, it is usually in a Christian setting. A good muslim is usually called a good muslim or an alfa. At least in the parts of Nigeria I have been.

Most christians in Nigeria today (rreally sad that it is most not some) are christians when they fill forms, are christians cos going to church on Sunday is customary or fashionable or both, are christians because they have to tip God today so that He can help their hustle tomorrow. Few are followers of Christ because they love Him. Worse are those who believe they are christians but only read the parts of the Bible that reinforce their psychosis or cultural preferences or behavioral patterns - those who say a man is the head and the woman MUST submit but choose not to see the part that says he should love his wife as his own body. You care for your body not rule your body. Different things.

So Woged, your original premise is not exactly correct because any woman that marries a follower and lover of Christ, a man who will do what Christ has asked and not what he told Christ to ask will not have to go through that list of disadvantages with her husband. In fact, no husband can ever be better - go ask the prostitute that married the prophet Hosea.

And for those who say there is no God, it is a matter of belief. You believe He isn't because you have your proof, I believe He is because I have my proof. It is all a matter of belief.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Woged2005(f): 8:04pm On May 22, 2015
LewsTherin:
Usually wouldn't reply on a thread that's gone this far but since the OP keeps responding to posters, then...

First off, I believe there is a difference between a "God-fearing" and a follower of Christ. I will focus on Christians because (1) I am one and (2) when a Nigerian female calls someone God-fearing, it is usually in a Christian setting. A good muslim is usually called a good muslim or an alfa. At least in the parts of Nigeria I have been.

Most christians in Nigeria today (rreally sad that it is most not some) are christians when they fill forms, are christians cos going to church on Sunday is customary or fashionable or both, are christians because they have to tip God today so that He can help their hustle tomorrow. Few are followers of Christ because they love Him. Worse are those who believe they are christians but only read the parts of the Bible that reinforce their psychosis or cultural preferences or behavioral patterns - those who say a man is the head and the woman MUST submit but choose not to see the part that says he should love his wife as his own body. You care for your body not rule your body. Different things.

So Woged, your original premise is not exactly correct because any woman that marries a follower and lover of Christ, a man who will do what Christ has asked and not what he told Christ to ask will not have to go through that list of disadvantages with her husband. In fact, no husband can ever be better - go ask the prostitute that married the prophet Hosea.

And for those who say there is no God, it is a matter of belief. You believe He isn't because you have your proof, I believe He is because I have my proof. It is all a matter of belief.

Ok. wish we ladies could read minds to know who is a true Christian or not. But since we can't read minds and there's no way to know who is God-fearing or not, and going by what 'God-fearing' men have been doing in marriages lately, it makes sense for a lady to choose what's obvious rather than what's assumed.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by LewsTherin: 8:17pm On May 22, 2015
Woged2005:

Ok. wish we ladies could read minds to know who is a true Christian or not. But since we can't read minds and there's no way to know who is God-fearing or not, and going by what 'God-fearing' men have been doing in marriages lately, it makes sense for a lady to choose what's obvious rather than what's assumed.

*sigh* unfortunately.
Don't forget that guys are also having to choose based on what is obvious than on what is assumed.

However, you will know a person that loves Christ. Inevitable. Unfortunately, those are the ones we see as "weak", "not sharp", "na only you dey this world?" That's how they are seen. The ones that are "God-fearing" on the other hand, difficult to differentiate the good from the bad.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 22, 2015
Woged2005:

"Why ladies shouldn't marry 'god-fearing men;"? - Don't know which write-up you read, definitely not this post. "Re-think" and "shouldn't" are not same thing in my dictionary o! now you blame me for not figuring out the difference?

Subtle you.

I'm too tired to remove the smokescreen from your thread this evening, so, let's leave it at that.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Jman06(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2015
"A confused thread written by a confused Op, to be read and understood only by those who are as confused as the writer."---jman06
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Woged2005(f): 4:25pm On May 23, 2015
Jman06:
"A confused thread written by a confused Op, to be read and understood only by those who are as confused as the writer."---jman06

A hilarious way to admit you can't read and comprehend any write-up longer than a short whatsapp chat and phone text from low-life girls. It's ok. Sorry, I write long posts to discourage kids who hang out on NL rather than studying.. tongue.
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by Jman06(m): 10:24pm On May 23, 2015
Woged2005:

A hilarious way to admit you can't read and comprehend any write-up longer than a short whatsapp chat and phone text from low-life girls. It's ok. Sorry, I write long posts to discourage kids who hang out on NL rather than studying.. tongue.
Sweetie, buy the post is confusing nau. That's a clear case of speaking from both sides of your mouth. On one side you were giving reasons why not to marry a godly man, but on the other you were giving reasons why a godly man is better. Looking at the title of your thread, one would have expected that you will just go straight and give reasons not to marry a godly man and not making comparisons. Abi u weed cheesy
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by tpiar: 4:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by naijathings(m): 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
mystiqueDZ:
As a rule I give those 'sisters and brothers' a longgggggg rope!!! They are so 'stiff' in reasoning....

a very big long rope.

with their rigid sense of reasoning and understanding.

if it is not the way pastor said it, then it is totally wrong

u will b shocked to know how far such people will go to keep their secrets so that the rest of the church can always see them as SHINNY EXAMPLES to other church members especially when their secret is something that they always preach against
Re: 5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is Really For You! by nnamdiosu(m): 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Woged2005:
5 Reasons To Re-think If Marrying A God-fearing Man Is really For You!

Please this is not a recommendation or a suggestion, not even an advice for or against, rather a personal opinion for information and entertainment purposes only. Please laugh where you can, and comment where you can. No e-wars!

1. God-fearing does not men a good man: hiding in one church or the other has become one of the best ways for people to hide their dubious clandestine activities. Once you claim to be a pastor or religious Nigerians are quick to label you a ‘good person’ and give you cool nicknames as ‘brother’, ‘sister’, ‘daddy’, ‘mommy’. Therefore criminals are having a field day in Nigerian churches and ladies are learning the hard way that ‘brothers’ in church are turning out to be ritualists, fraudsters, criminals, women abusers, womanizers at home. Church is just a cover-up of ugly night activities. I will prefer a worldly man with character and values than the so-called god-fearing men.

2. He’s Not democratic: A true religious man is never a democrat in the house if he is the type that follows the teachings of the religious books strictly. Religious books are very male-centric. They are very clear on a man ‘being the head of the household’ and a woman being conservative and submissive to a man. Therefore, if you want freedom in marriage maybe you have to rethink marrying a man who wants to serve his God the way it is written in the book. You cannot eat your cake and have it. You want him to be God-fearing, yet you want to have equal rights in the house? No! No religious book (Bible or Koran) condones that except you are the type that cuts and joins quotations to justify your objectives.

3. Most Are Ladies Men: Pastors and religious men are very charismatic when they dress and preach at the pulpit. We ladies shout, scream, jump, clap and eulogize them. We fall in love with the charisma. Hei… that strength and charisma goes beyond the pulpit. Once we marry them the first thing most women would like to do is to start checking and controlling the very quality that attracted us to the men. Nope!..it’s never going to work, dear. He ‘ll remain the charismatic man, the ladies’ man, the man every lady wants to be with, the man every lady in the church worship his attire and loves, etc. That will keep you on your toes for the rest of your life. You just have to deal with that. The same applies when you marry a wealthy busy celebrity. You cannot slow him down.

4. Some have Ugly Past: Every religious man has a past and that past is actually what shapes their actions and behaviors today. The past may not be good. A former cultist or armed robber could have repented today and become mild and quiet’ it still does not stop the brutish nature from creeping in once in a while when his human nature takes over. Example, If he enjoys rough forceful s*x with women, being a born-again now isn’t going to change that in bed. Be prepared to cry in bed at least once in a while. If he grew up in a cult trusting no one around and always suspicious, being born-again now isn’t going to automatically restore his trust on u or anyone else. If he was an armed robber who shed blood, he will still pass through karma. Even Moses did for striking the rock (God) too hard, David (the man after God’s heart) did for killing a man and sleeping with his wife, St. Paul died through persecution (hanging) too. Karma is a b**tch!

5. They May Live on Faith and Lack: Truly religious men are more likely to live uprightly by turning down bribes, stealing at work, defrauding people and cheating clients. They will most likely depend on their income no matter how meager. (Please forget about the flamboyant pastors in Nigeria. The world has told us how they get rich but we choose to be naive) You are more likely to live with a man who will live on faith and manage what he has. If you love money and flamboyant lifestyle, a real and true religious man is not for you then.
They may be strict and male Chauvinist: You will have a man governed by principles and not easy to bend rules to make you happy. Most ladies will find them too strict, sometime male chauvinists and arrogant. Not the type of man who will leave Church Fellowship to help you babysit so you can go do your hair. Not the type of man who will pay bribes to get your daughter school admission, not the type of man who will jump queue at the bank to get your urgent withdrawal faster. He will live by the rules.

The Advantages

Despite all of the above you are most likely going to have a man who will be content with what he has (even little), happy with whatever you are and look like, not putting you under any pressure to look slimmer and s*exier. He’ll be most likely strong in the face of challenges/ rocky relationship, not easily influenced by the advice of relatives, friends and environment. He is the type of man who will sit by your bedside when you are sick, hold your hand and pray, see you through difficult times without complaining. But honestly you won’t have it rosy at all. I mean a true Christian, a true Muslim, a real religious man who follows the teachings.

your post sounds like being God fearing is a bad thing. oya kuku ma go for the area boy, weed smoking, paraga drinking, prostitute tout na. women can always complain. God fearing....complain. devil fearing.... nag. man fearing.... grumble. what else do u ladies want. well...i have clay and water.......maybe you want to make........ #NoOffenceMeantSha

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Are Not A Man Without A Male Child? / I'm Tired Of Been A "Mummy's Girl"!! / Mistakes Married Women Makes In Bed!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.