Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,789 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed (1401 Views)

Man Protects His Car Side Glasses In A Hilarious Way {hilarious Pic} / Man Uses "Juju" To Secure His Car After It Broke Down In A Ghetto / How To Fix Your Car's Air Conditioner (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Babs015(m): 9:10pm On May 21, 2015
A friend of mine recently had a fatal accident which affects part of the engine of his Toyota Corolla 99 model. The AC of the car is gone but he was told it could be fixed for N40,000, he is feeling so relunctant to waste such amount of money on the AC because he is in doubt if the AC could work very well like the previous. He really needs your advice on this.... What's you take on this?
Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:19pm On May 21, 2015
The fatality was the A.C? grin

2 Likes

Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Namzy(m): 5:37pm On May 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
The fatality was the A.C? grin
Lol people be mistaking the meaning of fatal........@op your friend is dead. No need to cool his body with ac as its already cold
Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Coldplay007(f): 6:14pm On May 22, 2015
It might be the passenger in the car that is the fatality...

Reminds me of MK3 Ultimate grin
FATALITY................ Kabal Wins... grin grin
I was a genius with Kabal in those days...

1 Like

Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 22, 2015
Babs015:
A friend of mine recently had a fatal (serious: fatal means death) accident which affects (affected:past tense) part of the engine of his Toyota Corolla 99 model. The AC of the car is gone but he was told it could be fixed for N40,000, he is feeling so relunctant to waste such amount of money on the AC because he is in doubt if the AC could work very well like the previous. He really needs your advice on this.... What's you take on this?

Please, I've taken time to highlight and correct the errors in your sentence.

As for your advice, the AC might work well but it depends on the professionalism of the technician working on the system, effectiveness and quality of materials used.
Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 22, 2015
Thanks for the correction.

Now we are fully convinced your friend is alive, I'll advice him to forget about the ac.

A lot more could have been affected which will incur more costs. I'm saying this cos N40k seems too much for him to spend for now
Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:45am On May 23, 2015
Now on more serious note, a 99corrola is not complicated when it comes to a.c parts. Let's assume we are re-installing a.c on a corrola 99 that didn't have initially have a.c, this is what you would have to spend.

*Condenser. 8k
Compressor. 8k
Pipes. 15k (complete set)
Evaporator. 15k
Dryer. (Comes with pipes)
Compressor hanger (still on ur vehicle)
Serpentine belts. (Still on ur vehicle
A.c controller (still on ur vehicle)
Gas. 1k
Compressor oil 350

Total 47,350 (excluding labour)

Now I doubt the accident was bad enough to damage the compressor, the condenser might be bad, dryer might be bad,gas out, pipes broken but can be welded.

If your a.c guy knows what he's doing worst case scenario is

Condenser 8k, pipe welding 2k, gas,1k compressor oil 350, labour XX.

Total 11,350 plus xx labour.

2 Likes

Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by Babs015(m): 7:24am On May 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Now on more serious note, a 99corrola is not complicated when it comes to a.c parts. Let's assume we are re-installing a.c on a corrola 99 that didn't have initially have a.c, this is what you would have to spend.

*Condenser. 8k
Compressor. 8k
Pipes. 15k (complete set)
Evaporator. 15k
Dryer. (Comes with pipes)
Compressor hanger (still on ur vehicle)
Serpentine belts. (Still on ur vehicle
A.c controller (still on ur vehicle)
Gas. 1k
Compressor oil 350

Total 47,350 (excluding labour)

Now I doubt the accident was bad enough to damage the compressor, the condenser might be bad, dryer might be bad,gas out, pipes broken but can be welded.

If your a.c guy knows what he's doing worst case scenario is

Condenser 8k, pipe welding 2k, gas,1k compressor oil 350, labour XX.

Total 11,350 plus xx labour.
thanks a lot, that really helps
Re: Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed by simplex2: 3:40pm On May 28, 2015
Coldplay007:
It might be the passenger in the car that is the fatality...

Reminds me of MK3 Ultimate grin
FATALITY................ Kabal Wins... grin grin
I was a genius with Kabal in those days...

Sindel was my heroine!

I think I later fell in love with her.

(1) (Reply)

New Peugeot Compressor Or Tokunbo Corolla Compressor For 2005 Corolla / Vtm And Check Engine Light Shows On Dashboard Of 2007 Honda Piliot / Newly Imported 2011 Toyota Camry For Sale (full Option)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.