Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Pls Advice On This Golf 4 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Advice On This Golf 4 (2086 Views)

Pls I Need This Golf 4 Bonnet Opening Handle. / Has Anyone Spotted This Golf Plus In Nigeria / Pro And Con Of Golf 4 Please Advice With Your Experience !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice On This Golf 4 by Xiphoid: 10:05pm On May 21, 2015
I just recently procured a Golf 4 for my wife, it's a 1.6 I4 75kWa engine it had 153K Km on it as of purchase time. It has been running fine since purchase however on starting the car yesterday it gave a warning on the MFD with a beep sound and the CEL came on. Unfortunately the display on the MFD is German cry I threw the tongues at Google translate and I got "Exhaust Workshop" tried to see what I can find on Google but What I've been finding articles on is "Emissions Workshop" dunno whether they mean the same thing, the only Exhaust Workshop articles I came across had to do with the Touareg. Well I don't know much abt cars and unfortunately the manual cldnt help as it's all German.
This warning blinks only for a few secs then disappears and display starts to read some kinda time (now on 48mins).
The car however continues to drive fine or at least I haven't detected any deterioration in funtion or change in sound
So pls gurus any ideas on why this may have happened? And what needs to be done
I shld take it for a scan in a day or 2 however I'd like to knw if it's safe to drive around pending then.
It has only just been serviced, Total quartz 5000 oil was used. M beginning to think maybe it's not the right oil as this didn't happen before service. If so what's the right oil to be used for these engine. Thanks

Pls it will also be appreciated if a link can be supplied to download the owners' manual for this kinda golf.
Re: Pls Advice On This Golf 4 by mayor2013: 1:50pm On May 22, 2015
You need to run a scan on the car. That should narrow down the cause of the Malfunction indicator light coming popping up on your instrument cluster. Why use total quartz 5000 since its not the right egine oil to use. Remember this is a VW. Any slightest of abuse would be detrimental to the car
Re: Pls Advice On This Golf 4 by DECOtech(m): 2:40pm On May 23, 2015
Xiphoid:

It has only just been serviced, Total quartz 5000 oil was used. M beginning to think maybe it's not the right oil as this didn't happen before service. If so what's the right oil to be used for these engine. Thanks

You have already Started looking for trouble by servicing a 2001 VW with the wrong oil. The correct oil spec is written on the oil filler cap on the engine.

For the warning on your dash, Call 08030938491 to help you with a scan.
Re: Pls Advice On This Golf 4 by Eburnian: 12:22pm On Jul 31, 2021
What's now the best oil for golf 4if total quartz 5000 is not suitable?

(1) (Reply)

My Siena 2000 And Fuel Consumption / Tokumbo 2004 Corolla issues / Driving Without Dents On Your Car- Is It Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.