Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School (688 Views)

Most Applied Universities In Nigeria -school Gist Now / Nigeria School Feeding Programme-fg Released N375M Says Akande / The Nigeria School Abroad 2015/16 Form ,is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by losprince(m): 10:09pm On May 21, 2015
When you gain admission into higher institutions, as a newbie you are prone to believe anything you here. You might easily fall for anything that comes your way.

When we started here are some threats we got from our "superiors" that later turned out to be empty.

buy my text book threat
Sincerely buy any text you find helpful, if you meet a senior colleague borrow from them. Every lecturer now "writes" text books because of the money they will make from selling it. But all they mostly do is copy from websites and publish it as a book they wrote themselves not minding that we students surf the net for better information. This textbooks are usually clumsy and difficult to comprehend, only long stories, no in depth explanations and they threaten us to buy them.

Their line usually goes like "if you haven't paid for my textbook-notice the paid-just prepare to come and take my course next year" if I hear, pay or not, if you write well in the exam you will pass like passenger for brt.

practical manual

Shaking my head for all this non academic staffs that just got federal work and want to buy car the next year. They will say that the practical score will be added with you main course score and bla bla bla you pass. If you pay for the practical all you will learn are basics of anything they will teach. Imaging going for a programming practical, time for the ultimate test, you hack your sleep to write codes, go for the test and they ask you: what is a software? If you like define hardware for software or frameware even, the dude looks you in the face, if he likes you he scores you higher, if he dislikes you he scores you lower. At the end of the day you still pass according to what you wrote in the exam.

attendance list

Lecturers just use this one to stress students, everyday attendance. And they will say they deduct mark according to the number of times your name doesn't appear there. Lie. Just make sure your name appears on the list once then any othere time they show up, write your indomie and egg recipe instead. The school database already has your name that you are a student taking that course, so if a lecturer keeps threatening you with attendance, he or she is up to nothing.

Note: the exam attendance is really necessary.

assignments

Lol, a lecturer once gave us a total of 13 assignments in a semester that ran for two months, know what he did with them? Nothing. We later found out that he likes collecting papers. The point is they don't mark these assignments, they just give and collect for the heck of it. Some will even request you pay money to pass the assignment. Smh...

Theses are most of the empty threats we face in our school. Do you have any? Please supply it.

Greatest nigerian students...

Lalasticlala
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by Darkboy(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2015
we haven't resumed yet a lecturer has already dropped assignment in school as I comment here lolz I don cross my mind I no dey kill myself put again
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by Phinagold(f): 10:14pm On May 21, 2015
They can be serious attimes. dont mislead our students
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by losprince(m): 10:17pm On May 21, 2015
Phinagold:

They can be serious attimes. dont mislead our students
am not misleading o, that how it is here in my school in hd.
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by Phinagold(f): 10:22pm On May 21, 2015
losprince:
am not misleading o, that how it is here in my school in hd.

Ok not like that in every other schools
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by AfricanApple(f): 10:43pm On May 21, 2015
a lecturer asked us to pay 50 naira each to print out questions for test. test o! not exam. the money is your mark
practical manual for entrepreneur that is so useless to us for 2500 else you won't see your result.

some Nigerian lectures are pen robbers, walahi
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by Darkboy(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:
a lecturer asked us to pay 50 naira each to print out questions for test. test o! not exam. the money is your mark
practical manual for entrepreneur that is so useless to us for 2500 else you won't see your result.

some Nigerian lectures are own robbers, walahi
DELSU?
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by losprince(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:

some Nigerian lectures are own robbers, walahi
armed robbers without guns...

One threatened us with textbook, I didn't buy, didn't even do his assignment nor take his text. I just studided for the exam and when result came out I just dey see my alpha in 3d.
Re: Empty Threats You Will Face In Nigeria School by AfricanApple(f): 12:02pm On May 22, 2015
Darkboy:
DELSU?
nah

(1) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About The JAMB New Admission Policy (eligibility Regulatio / Delta State Poly Ozoro 2015/16 Post UTME Form Is Out / Scholarship For First And Second Degrees University Programs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.