Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,578 members, 7,801,659 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? (479 Views)

Christians Prayers Compare To Muslim Prayers: Are They To Same God? / Pope Francis Kisses And Washes Feet Of Muslim, 4 Nigerian Catholics / 15 Mesmerizing Mosque Ceilings That Appear To Be Influenced By Psychedelia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? by babeface3: 11:27pm On May 21, 2015
Christians, do you get influenced by how many times your Muslim roommate goes to pray? As in probably saying, "I am not praying enough". grin
Re: Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? by Hawlahscho(m): 11:49pm On May 21, 2015
No I don't.

NB: Challenged ✔ Influenced ✘

As in probably saying, "I am not praying enough".
Re: Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? by Anas09: 12:09am On May 22, 2015
Lol. It all boils down to one thing. Who are you? Becos if u know u r, it won't require u bowing down 5times a day saying the same thing. That's not prayer. Prayer is a two way communication. For example, u just asked a question, and am giving an answer, will u expect me to come back and ask the same question again? No. The difference is that. When I talk to Him, he toks back to me, I move along.I see answers as to what I prayered about.
Now my question, do this Muslims receive any assurance that the prayers they offered has been answered? Its a diff thing for God to answer. The prayer and for the answers to manifest. Its a relationship. Yes God says pray without ceasing, so it doesn't neccessarily mean, I most have specific periods I will retreat to pray. That will be working against the word of God. He said that's the way hypocites pray. Prayering for pple to see u. I can pray inside a taxi while u r sitting beside me and u won't know. I can pray while walking on the road. I pray everywhere and at enytime. So pls. The Muslim don't really pray. They recites and repeat words over and over again. From year to year, does those prayers not get answers. I had a muslim roomate once, that was the first time I read the koran. Titilayo was always on the floor, then I wasn't even born again, but I knew it was not right to be doing the same thing over and over again. When u ask for onething, u shd get answers and move to the next.
Re: Influenced By The Frequency Of Muslim Prayers? by udatso: 9:54am On May 22, 2015
You guys need to check the difference between salat, prayer and supplication.

Muslims observe salat, it's loosely translated as prayer but it's an imperfect translation.

(1) (Reply)

How Can One Man Help The World Simultaneously? Or Who Is The World Greatest Man? / .. / Just To Testify

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.