Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep (2072 Views)

8 Lifestyle Habits You Should Change To Make You Fall Asleep Faster / Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep / Six Things You Shouldn't Do Before You Sleep At Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2015
After a Mexican blog posted a picture of a medical resident
sleeping behind a desk at a hospital in Monterrey, Mexico, and
attacked her for not doing her job, doctors around the world
leapt to her defense by posting pictures of themselves caught
napping during some of their most grueling shifts. These
images are going viral under the hashtag#YoTambienMeDormi
(“I've also fallen asleep” in Spanish).
In the 1980s, a high-profile case involving the death of a girl
named Libby Zion at a hospital staffed by exhausted doctors
led to the drafting of the Libby Zion Law. This law limits NY
physicians' work hours per week to “only” 80, showing just how
overworked some of our doctors are.
A blogger snapped these pics of a sleeping resident in Mexico at 3
a.m.
The writer criticized the young resident, saying that "doctors are
obliged to do their work"
There were "dozens of patients who need care," the blogger
continued

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 7:48am On May 22, 2015
Mexican doctor Juan Carlos responded by posting a tweet with the
hashtag #YoTambienMeDormi (or “I've also fallen asleep”).

Soon, hundreds of other doctors began defending the resident doctor

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2015
Other doctors also posting their pictures sleeping at work

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Lagusta(m): 7:51am On May 22, 2015
Make I rush go do mine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 7:53am On May 22, 2015
Pictures trooped in

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2015
I thought only Nigerian bloggers are attention seekers, bloggers are seekers of attention with their unnecessary criticism worldwide..

Cc lalasticlala FP

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by umar745(m): 7:56am On May 22, 2015
Doctors too na human beings dem be na.
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Lolarez: 7:58am On May 22, 2015
Abeg are they not human beings again? Na tarry night dem com do? That's why they have nurses who work shift duties, to assist...abeg free them jare!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Nokiae5: 8:06am On May 22, 2015
Na house dem born dat blogger
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 8:11am On May 22, 2015
Lagusta:
Make I rush go do mine
Doc, how ur head? it was a funny moment in the hospital d day u ran over Prof Ay_ _el_, nd u just went straight to him to reveal why u complimented ward coat with a face cap without him even summoning u...
#M3postingstudent
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2015
Interesting, never knew someone ever took my picture while taking a nap, exhausted, just saw it posted on the net. #YoTambienMeDormi ( “I've also fallen asleep”)

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by TexasCowboy(m): 9:09am On May 22, 2015
heykims:
Interesting, never knew someone ever took my picture while taking a nap, exhausted, just saw it posted in the net. #YoTambienMeDormi (or “I've also fallen asleep”)

Who are those negros? Doctors too?

Sure look like janitors to me. undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2015
I hereby move a motion that the thread catapulted to front page.
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by heykims(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2015
TexasCowboy:

Who are those negros? Doctors too?

Sure look like janitors to me. undecided
The thread is actually about the attention seekers, bloggers! u are noted too, u exist

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Seunvense(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2015
Doctors are human too they should be given enough time 2 rest.
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by billy187(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2015
Hehe..., there's not much you can do to stop sleep when you spend 10-plus hours gropping the insides of a random dude! grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Yustash001(m): 9:40am On May 22, 2015
I don't blame them jare.....they work for hours without sleeping....
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by sugarvallly(f): 12:10pm On May 22, 2015
dem try 4 d defense
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Wendy80(f): 7:17am On May 23, 2015
Are they not human? Why won't they Doze off sometimes? Body no be firewood oh
Re: Doctors Post Pics Where They Sleep At Work To Defend Doctor Caught Asleep by Biggyd2: 8:21am On May 23, 2015
These people practically decide life and death after the Creator and someone is complaining that they sleep? I can't imagine being under the care of a doctor who has been sleep starved for so long. More pics http://www.boredpanda.com/medical-resident-sleeping-overworked-doctors-mexico-yo-tambien-mi-dormi/

(1) (Reply)

My Hair Is Turning Brown. / Liposuction In Nigeria / I Took Anti Malaria Drug And

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.