Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,714 members, 7,802,160 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) (84053 Views)

2017/2018 UNILORIN Postgraduate Form Is Out / UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2016/2017) / DIRECT ENTRY Admissions 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by mikkymaths(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2015
heemah:

same with me..it will be requested buh as it is stated in d requirements, deadline for uploading or submission of all useful certificates is 30th of july, by that tym, we would have rounded up NYSC, and will be able to upload d discharge certificate or provide whatever info needed about it.
But do you think we can start the online application now or wait till after obtaining the discharge certificate in July?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by heemah(f): 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
mikkymaths:

But do you think we can start the online application now or wait till after obtaining the discharge certificate in July?
no u can start now....only NYSC number is required..U can upload it later..I know some batch C Corp members that registered too.

1 Like

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 6:00am On Jun 23, 2015
heemah:

no u can start now....only NYSC number is required..U can upload it later..I know some batch C Corp members that registered too.
once you submit that form, it's finished, you can't submit anything again, when they say supporting documents, they're talking about transcript!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by topzys20: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2015
Guys i think its high time we started reminiscing about the qualifying exam. Anybody with a first hand info on the nature of their questions? Will it be GMAT based? or will each department structure their questions based on under graduate course work? or will it be an English proficiency test like U.I's? whatever it may be, i cant seem to find any of their past questions online. . .
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is to inform you that to study in India is now easier
by getting right people to do it for you. Why study in India?

1. Global Recognition
2. Largest & Strongest University Network.
3. Second largest education system in the world.
4. Low & Moderate Tuition Fee.
5. Low Accommodation Fee & Cost of Living

We are not only helping international students for admission but also we guide them on how to obtain Student visa from Indian Embassy in that country. Furthermore, we help student on arrival in India and also student are placed in a good place to stay...

For more information about this and contact information, please see website: www.internationalstudents.in

Please find application form on the website, application can be sent to: admission@internationalstudents.in

www.internationalstudents.in

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by heemah(f): 1:31pm On Jun 23, 2015
topzys20:
Guys i think its high time we started reminiscing about the qualifying exam. Anybody with a first hand info on the nature of their questions? Will it be GMAT based? or will each department structure their questions based on under graduate course work? or will it be an English proficiency test like U.I's? whatever it may be, i cant seem to find any of their past questions online. . .
bless u..In fact I've asked around but was told each department will set their questions...
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by topzys20: 2:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
heemah:

bless u..In fact I've asked around but was told each department will set their questions...
Are you entirely sure? if that is the case, what will be the fate of those of us who chose to apply for courses other than which we studied at undergraduate level? Has anybody stumbled across any of their past questions?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2015
topzys20:

Are you entirely sure? if that is the case, what will be the fate of those of us who chose to apply for courses other than which we studied at undergraduate level? Has anybody stumbled across any of their past questions?
like seriously,i can't find anything online,e no go good make they joke with our 25k...........i think it's better to go there atleast a week before the exams.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by kemijohnson(m): 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2015

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by fineyemi(m): 9:03pm On Jun 23, 2015
Beware of scammers!!!!! unilorin Post-utme form is not out for 2015/2016 session. When is it release, it shall b communicated to you through the school website. www.unilorin.edu.ng

For more info.....Visit<http://www.guru9ja.com> for latest post-utme form update
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by heemah(f): 10:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
topzys20:

[quote author=otabuko post=35071109]like seriously,i can't find anything online,e no go good make they joke with our 25k...........i think it's better to go there atleast a week before the exams.
My fear too! Been trying to get past questions from the department too but the students keep telling to just go read on the course...My fear is mak person no go off point!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 10:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=heemah post=35082346][/quote]
You can't get the past questions cos they usually submit it with the answer scripts.. U don't av to be anxious.. Just read ur undergraduate courses cos questions will be from them...Just Prepare well.. Unilorin postgraduate is by merit.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2015
lekan1000:
pls i av uploaded my supporting documents but cudnt view it, av tryd deleting and re-upload so many tyms but stil dsame blank page, any elp pls?
Lekan there is nothing to worry about, since it states that you Av uploaded them... I could only view two of my documents but it has uploaded.. Even my passport and my signature on my biodata are not displaying properly... It's the site
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by champ0621(m): 11:12pm On Jun 23, 2015
Good evening people. I am on STEP 1 of the registration, it's something like this:
Surname:
First name:
Other name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Session:
Mode of Application:

I fill everything but it keeps telling me 'You have initialization failure. Try other phone number and email.' have tried several different emails/phone number. same thing.
HELP PLEASE!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by topzys20: 5:43am On Jun 24, 2015
Damilare6293:

You can't get the past questions cos they usually submit it with the answer scripts.. U don't av to be anxious.. Just read ur undergraduate courses cos questions will be from them...Just Prepare well.. Unilorin postgraduate is by merit.
Seriously?? we are to just go dabble at our undergrad notes and hope for the best? where should we start from? again what of candidates who intend going for courses quite different from undergraduate level (economics to finance in my case)? How are we expected to solve questions we have not met before? They should have at least provided standard past questions like most schools to serve as necessary guide as to likely topics of interest. Seriously, my confidence in the qualifying exam is being shot to pieces at the moment.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 6:26am On Jun 24, 2015
champ0621:
Good evening people. I am on STEP 1 of the registration, it's something like this:
Surname:
First name:
Other name:
Phone Number:
Email:
Session:
Mode of Application:

I fill everything but it keeps telling me 'You have initialization failure. Try other phone number and email.' have tried several different emails/phone number. same thing.
HELP PLEASE!
You're to use the E-mail and phone Number you used initially before payment...
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by champ0621(m): 7:35am On Jun 24, 2015
otabuko:
You're to use the E-mail and phone Number you used initially before payment...

I haven't even paid. I'm still in the first step.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by olawalepopoola: 8:06am On Jun 24, 2015
Nigeria PG schools are shams! With 800K you can study in South Africa! Why waste your precious time! I don't pray to have anything with them again
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by ifemide05(f): 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
pls is it compulsory ur referees must be from ur previous skul or any other higher institution. tanx
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by phiszo(m): 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=heemah post=35082346][/quote]
is it objective or essay?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by xrazzy(m): 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2015
Any m.sc mass communication candidate in the house?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2015
ifemide05:
pls is it compulsory ur referees must be from ur previous skul or any other higher institution. tanx
a former lecturer of yours....a must maybe..
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by heemah(f): 10:21pm On Jun 24, 2015
topzys20:

I'm in the same shoes as u....They keep telling me to read about the course..Not even Area of concentration. I'm scared of reading out of point!
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by ifemide05(f): 10:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
otabuko:
a former lecturer of yours....a must maybe..
thanks
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by zeenoictconcept: 10:51pm On Jun 24, 2015
hello, please i have been trying to register for the 2015/16 PGD which requires me make a payment of N25, 250 but in an attempt to make payment, the response i get is this:

Security Warning
Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

After clicking on "Continue" i get this response:

your payment attempt was not successful.
Reason: Transaction Error .
Transaction Reference No: 1010706095545420150624111338pm
Click here to re-validate your payment.

Please what's the way forward?

Best Regards.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 10:57pm On Jun 24, 2015
zeenoictconcept:
hello, please i have been trying to register for the 2015/16 PGD which requires me make a payment of N25, 250 but in an attempt to make payment, the response i get is this:

Security Warning
Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to continue sending this information?

After clicking on "Continue" i get this response:

your payment attempt was not successful.
Reason: Transaction Error .
Transaction Reference No: 1010706095545420150624111338pm
Click here to re-validate your payment.

Please what's the way forward?

Best Regards.
It could be the network.... Or u insufficient fund.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 11:24pm On Jun 24, 2015
ifemide05:
Advisably 2 should be from ur dept and the third person may be from another university or dept
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by Damilare6293: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2015
topzys20:

Seriously?? we are to just go dabble at our undergrad notes and hope for the best? where should we start from? again what of candidates who intend going for courses quite different from undergraduate level (economics to finance in my case)? How are we expected to solve questions we have not met before? They should have at least provided standard past questions like most schools to serve as necessary guide as to likely topics of interest. Seriously, my confidence in the qualifying exam is being shot to pieces at the moment.
It seems you are applying for msc Economics, am also applying for the same but am not writing the exam. The that wrote it last year specifically told me that micro, macro, econometrics and analysis of econometric results and economic related current affairs. E.g current gdp, inflation, unemployment rates. Also the value of the present budget of Nigeria
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by topzys20: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2015
Damilare6293:

It seems you are applying for msc Economics, am also applying for the same but am not writing the exam. The that wrote it last year specifically told me that micro, macro, econometrics and analysis of econometric results and economic related current affairs. E.g current gdp, inflation, unemployment rates. Also the value of the present budget of Nigeria
Nah! its the other way round. I applied for m.sc finance as an economics graduate. Had to settle for that when my first choice, accounting wasn't offered. Thanks for the advice though bro.
BTW, why aren't you writing the exam?
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by topzys20: 6:50am On Jun 25, 2015
heemah:

I'm in the same shoes as u....They keep telling me to read about the course..Not even Area of concentration. I'm scared of reading out of point!
My fear too. Atleast you applied for the same course as at your undergrad level. no? My situation is further complicated by the variation of 2 distinct courses. I would have preferred they used U.I's method of the same testing across all borders. But it is what it is, let's just hope for the best.
Re: UNILORIN Postgraduate Admissions (2015/2016) by otabuko(m): 11:26am On Jun 25, 2015
Damilare6293:

It could be the network.... Or u insufficient fund.
You tried registeration when you weren't ready,thus you quit,now your mail is already in their data base,what you'd do is to click for re-validation and your payment would go through.....good luck...i had same ish....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

What Is The Highest Monthly Salary You Have Had As A Sec Or Pry School Teacher? / 15 Cheapest Universities In Nigeria & Their School Fees 2017 / IMO State Has The Highest Number Of Professors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.