Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,291 members, 7,807,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Aregbesola's Human Right Abuses In Osun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola's Human Right Abuses In Osun (339 Views)

Army Report: Senior Military Officers Denied US, UK Visas Over Rights Abuses / The US Is Turning A Blind Eye To Human Rights Abuses In Nigeria / Oby Ezekwesili Accuses Nigerian Army Of Human Right Abuses In North East. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Aregbesola's Human Right Abuses In Osun by Kswiss001(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2015
AREGBESOLA'S ERA OF LIES AND DECEIT
The news about Kabiru Aregbesola being arrested at the Muritala Airport for money laudering just came in recently in which APC denied.When i heard the news,i wondered why a Governor owing workers more than half a year salary should be engaged in money laundry. Then three three thoughts came through my mind which made me to reason beyond doubt the authenticity of the story.
My first reason is that Ogbeni Aregbesola as he is fondly called has accused the federal Government of drastically reducing and delaying the state's monthly allocation;the allegation in which the FG have denied, This allegation made the FG to start publishing the evidence of payment of all the states monthly allocation in some national dailies. Also during the transition process, the President-electGen.Buhari confirmed that the FG is not owing any state and even urged the Governors owing their respective states to pay before he assumesoffice. With all these proven evidence i want to believe that Aregbesola's allegationis false and yet the Governor is owing workers a whooping 7months salary.
My second point is that Aregbesola has severally boasted of increasing Osun's monthly internally generated revenue from‪#‎300million‬to about #1.5billion. He even used that for his second term electioneering campaign. And yet Ogbeni cant pay workers their reward for labour.
The last but not the least is that,going by the infrastructuralprojects embarked upon by ogbeni there is non he can boast of completing after five years in office. What pains me the most is that the Gov make use of propagandas and false alarmsin which the gullible ones (mostly artisans,okada riders,traders)fall into his pit of lies. im sure they would be regreting now voting in Ogbeni for second term(as i have always enphasized that a single term is enough for political office holders..their second term is just for looting this apply tosome governors too). The Opon imo project which is a world bank assisted project in which his son Kabiru Aregbesolawas alleged to have received the contract @ about‪#‎8billion‬is a big fraud...hmmm i gues he embezzled the money as usual. Where then is he keeping the federal allocations and the state's internally generated revenue?thats if he is not performing magic with it. With all these federal allocations and the internally generated revenue i see no reason why Aregbesola should be owing workers 7months salary. This write up is not for any political tussle between the APC and the PDP but to urge Aregbesola to pay the workers in the state.Alot of workers are suffering, some have even died in the process,as a result of hunger and depression. Alot of parents cant eat three square meals daily not to even talk of paying their childrens school fees. Many students have dropped out of school due to insufficient or lack of funds. Its high time we Osun people wake from our slumber and rally up together to expose this wicked Governor to the world so he can bring back our money he stole and use it to pay workers,pls dont let us just sit down and watch this man deprive us of our rights.And also im appealing to the National Human Rights commission to investigate the Governor for gross human right abuses for starving and depriving of the workers their rights if he does not show remorse by paying their salary ariers.

Re: Aregbesola's Human Right Abuses In Osun by Acekidc4(m): 10:03am On May 22, 2015

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Advertise On Nairaland For Quick Results / It Seems Airtel Is Looking 4 All Possible Way To Be Crowned King In Browsing / Happy BirthDay To Governor Ameachi drop ur wishes here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.