Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! (11578 Views)

Guy Who Used To Borrow In School Is A Pilot Now / Photo Of The Day - See This Hilarious Creativity: Anything Is Possible / However, Yes It Will Enhance Your Outcome If You're Taking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by OfficialIYANU(m): 10:15am On May 22, 2015
PB: This is a long, long epistle... If you cant judiciously read to the end, you actually have no business, becoming a Pilot!
With this I say:

Good day Ladies & Gentlemen,

I'm Iyanu... A Pastor, Educationist, Singer, avid Aviation enthusiast and 'soon-to-be' Pilot wink. Whilst perusing over the internet looking for avenues to realize my Aviation dreams, I stumbled upon the above! NO! I'm not joking, and YES! People have done it and are now flying for Qatar Airways (QR)! You're paying me nothing as I'm doing this, hoping at least one or more persons will benefit from it.

Now, Qatar Airways in conjunction with CTC Aviation (a foremost FTO in the UK, US & NZ) is offering any and everyone the chance to become a Pilot in their Airline. It don't matter your nationality! What you need here are the requirements further below and PERSONALITY.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

The 'CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with Qatar Airways' is a cadet program that offer you the opportunity to become a First Officer (Co-Pilot) with Qatar Airways after undergoing a rigorous Selection Process and 1 and half - 2 years MPL flight training either in the US or NZ, after which if successful, you move on to 'Line Training' then GBAM! - Right seat in a Qatar Airways A320 or if you're lucky... B777! Note that once you pass the Selection Process which constitutes of 4 core phases, you immediately get a Conditional Letter of Employment with QR (Qatar Airways) and upon completion of your Flight Training, you become a Confirmed QR Pilot.

Here are the Course Milestones

1. Selection for the CTC WINGS MPL Route in partnership with Qatar Airways
2. Conditional offer of employment with Qatar Airways for successful applicants prior to commencement of training
3. Theoretical Knowledge (TK) training
4. Theoretical Knowledge exams (ATPL/MPL)
5. Airline Preparation Days
6. Core flying experience
7. Upset Prefention and Recovery Training (UPRT) and multi engine experience
8. Basic phase introduction to A320 - procedural instrument training and multi-crew procedures with UPRT
9. Intermediate phase - A320 systems and procedures training including UPRT consolidation
10. Advanced phase - A320 type rating training and issue of restricted MPL (Multi-crew Pilot Licence) and Base training
11. Initial Operating Experience (IOE) phase
12. Final operating line check
13. Unrestricted MPL as First Officer for Qatar Airways
14. ATPL issued upon achieving 1500 hours of total relevant experience

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?

To qualify you must:

• Be aged between 18 and 27 years of age
• Hold a minimum of 5 gcses (or equivalent*) grade c or above including Maths, science and English language
• Be able to demonstrate that you have successfully completed secondary or high school education (or equivalent)
• Be fluent in English (verbal and written) **
• Be able to pass a security check to ensure your right to live and work ***
• Minimum height 5'2" (1.58 m) , maximum height 6'3" (1.91 m) ****
• Be able to obtain an QCAA class 1 medical without restrictions (please note: medical requirements to be confirmed)
• All non-native English speakers require academic IELTS level 6.0 and must produce relevant certification before coming to selection.

More: http://www.ctcwings.com/qatarwings/selection

WHO PAYS?

Apart from the exceptions like Virgin Airways and a few other who sponsor their Cadet pilots through Flight training, for 'Qatar Wings' like many other Cadet Pilot Programs, YOU PAY! (QR sponsors ONLY Qatari nationals to this program).

The money (oh Lord!) is BIG however, there are so many avenues to source funds for your training. If you are able to Register, Apply and Pass Phase 1 - 4 of the Selection Process, you can come back to Nigeria with you conditional letter of employment from QR. This may give you more credence in your application and of course, you first stop should be Dangote's Office, somewhere in Lagos! smiley
You could also approach your bank, governor, or any other persons you feel, will willingly give or 'lend' you the money needed for this program! I assure you, with the salary QR pays their FOs (around £7,000 per month, appx N2,180,000), with proper planning and budgeting, you should pay of your debts in about 5 years! In your sourcing for funds, you will need all the optimism, doggedness and God you can get!

Now, this is where your PERSONALITY comes in, all you Shallow minded pessimists, don't bother to apply because you wont even pass the registration process. I used about 2 weeks to fill the application form, another 1 week to vet thoroughly! At the end, I passed Phase 1 (You don't take chances with things like this).

More: http://www.ctcwings.com/qatarwings/finance

AS A NIGERIAN, HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS?

Because of my love for Aviation and my Love for you, wink ... I have painstakingly come up with a step-by-step process for all those interested in the Qatar Wings Program. Here goes,

Firstly, Things to Know:

1. Upon Completion of this program, you become a Qatar Airways Pilot
2. The Selection Process and Flight Training are quite expensive (traveling, accommodation and registration costs add to this)
3. You must have passed WAEC/GCE (NECO, JAMB not needed) with credits in at least five subjects including Maths, English, and any other 3 (They requested I put my CRS where I had an A cheesy)
4. You DONT have to be, love or know Aviation to register for this (Ive seen people who just registered by fluke and are now in Hamilton, NZ training!)

Things to Have:

1. Your Original WAEC/GCE Certificate showing all your grades. Don't bother to fake it, they contacted WAEC in my case.
2. Prepare your CV down... You'll be needing it, much of your application process. (If this makes FP, I will give a detailed expose on how to prepare a CV for this program, showing your core competencies, professionalism and needed personality traits.)
3. A valid International Passport
4. Get ready your £245 Phase 2 selection fee (I would advice however, setting this aside to focus on passing Phase 1)
5. A valid UK Visa
6. MONEY!
7. LOTS OF MONEY!!! grin

What to Do:
Once you have thoroughly perused and understood the 'Things to Know' and gotten hold of the 'Things to Have', these should be your next steps:

1. Go get more info here: http://www.ctcwings.com/qatarwings (Read each segment like your career depended on it (Oh it does!)
2. Register for the Program here: http://qatar.ctcaviation.com/default.asp?Apptype=Cadet (Refer to Number 2 of Things to Have)
3. Fill the form section by section, as carefully and conscientiously as possible.

If you PASS:

4. Pay and book for Phase 2 (£245) - Phase 2 is the Interview Selection phase and this is done either in the UK or NZ (Here your Intl. Passport and MONEY come into play!) UK is mostly recommeded for you as a Nigeria because flying to the UK (perhaps trhough QR) is about N190,000. Flying to NZ from Nigeria (GOOD LORD) is about N690,000! Did I omit it's a 29 hour flight to Auckland, NZ from Lagos and 29 back?!!

Now some info about Phase 2 -
This stage is the most difficult of the Selection Process. Firstly, you must check on your application almost often to ensure you can get a date to book. 90% of candidates drop out here. Why? They test you in ways you cannot imagine. Psychometric software and experts are deployed to test your psyche to ensure you are capable of flying 200+ people in a 100 Million Dollor Jet! I will release more info on this phase in due time.

5. If (and this is a BIG 'IF') you pass Phase 2, prepare to fly to Qatar or back to the UK for Phase 3. Here, you go for an interview with the Airline Recruitment team. They ascertain if you got the attitude, charisma and team spirit to fly for them.

6. After this, you are taken to Phase 4 selection process - also done in the UK, to reduce cost sometimes, they merge Phase 2 & 3 together so you only come back for Phase 4. This is the SIM stage. You are tested in a LIVE Airbus A320 simulator to ascertain that you can at least control an Aircraft with its Joystick! This is not a stage to fret about because even the instructors want you to pass!

7. Upon SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION of all 4 Selection Phases, you will be immediately given a resumption date. Sometimes it's 2-3 months after the selection process. You are expected to (permit me) get your sh*t together. Money, Morale, etc. You will be leaving home for the next 2 and half to 3 years. Flight training is in New Zealand (NZ), and that's not UK here (refer to number 4). You will be needing the LOTS OF MONEY - School fees & all. CTC takes care of your accommodation throughout your training. I approximate (N35-40M) for the entire training. Do not let the money scare you. Around the World, there are thousands of young pilots who came from the slums.

It just takes faith and diligence. You never know what God has in stock for you. I wish you success if you decide to register.

Grant Amishaw is a Kiwi (NZ national) currently undergoing this training. He has passed his ATPL (theory) and now in full flight training. You can follow him on his blog here: http://ctcqapilot..co.uk/

PS: Seun, Lalasticlala, et al., I demand a separate section for Aviation and Aviation enthusiasts. You cannot merge us with AUTOS where threads of keke-napep and wheel barrows exist! cheesy grin angry undecided

PSS: Pardon typos or any other errors. I tried! grin

Cc: seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, Ishilove, just wise and DisGuy

3 Likes

Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by Haske22(m): 10:37am On May 22, 2015
Interesting

1 Like

Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by Nobody: 10:52am On May 22, 2015
Please can u assist in application , I had a certificate in ticketing and reservations and I have so much passion for aviation, pls can u speed me up ? Thanks

1 Like

Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by OfficialIYANU(m): 11:12am On May 22, 2015
adeekiti:
Please can u assist in application , I had a certificate in ticketing and reservations and I have so much passion for aviation, pls can u speed me up ? Thanks

Assist you in what way?

Mods please move this to the Front Page for more people to see and benefit!
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by generaliy07(m): 9:58am On Jun 09, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Seun
I think this Is FP Worthy

1 Like

Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 12:32am On Jun 10, 2015
Did I just see N40-N45 million for training school, just to become a Qatar Airways pilot? shocked So after stressing my finances that much, I'll still stress my brain at training school.

No bank, governor, politician, church, mosque or organization (except Rumpelstiltskin of course) will spare you a quarter of that amount of money even as loan for the purpose of becoming a pilot.

Infact, no Ibo man will get N45million and proceed to pay that amount to a training school. Give an Ibo man (or indeed any industrous Nigerian) that amount and watch him make a profit of over N100 million in six months.

Wish all those who may want to grab this opportunity goodluck. If you need a loan......Rumpelstiltskin will help! cool
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by shahzaibmanzoor: 12:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
asslamualikum

I am in school PEC Doha,Qatar. there no course of gcsec . I have done fsc and matriculation.
my height is 5'8. i am Pakistani we are living in Qatar. i have done matriculation in physics,mathemaics,chemistry and biology and fsc(faculity of science) in mathematics,physics and chemistry. i got 90% marks overall (96% in matric and 90% in fsc). i can speak english fluently.it is my dream from childhood to become pilot.

can i apply for pilot course.

THANK YOU smiley
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by OfficialIYANU(m): 3:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
Did I just see N40-N45 million for training school, just to become a Qatar Airways pilot? shocked So after stressing my finances that much, I'll still stress my brain at training school.

No bank, governor, politician, church, mosque or organization (except Rumpelstiltskin of course) will spare you a quarter of that amount of money even as loan for the purpose of becoming a pilot.

Infact, no Ibo man will get N45million and proceed to pay that amount to a training school. Give an Ibo man (or indeed any industrous Nigerian) that amount and watch him make a profit of over N100 million in six months.

Wish all those who may want to grab this opportunity goodluck. If you need a loan......Rumpelstiltskin will help! cool

LOL! Rumpelstiltskin (good Lord! Where did you concort this one from?!) undecided

Firstly, this program is STRICTLY for people with an interest, passion and zeal to FLY... To have their office in the SKIES!

Secondly, you are allowed to pay the money in INSTALLMENTS and based on recent exchange rate figures, the 109,00GBP has now dropped to N35M. smiley

The average Aviation enthusiast is not after making N100million or $100Bn at that! We're after FLYING! That's where they (WE) get our kicks from! Flying is our FIRE, Airplanes our DESIRE!

Miss us with your Ibo man thinking!!! wink

PS: I NEED YOUR LOAN! grin
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by OfficialIYANU(m): 3:05pm On Jun 16, 2015
shahzaibmanzoor:
asslamualikum

I am in school PEC Doha,Qatar. there no course of gcsec . I have done fsc and matriculation.
my height is 5'8. i am Pakistani we are living in Qatar. i have done matriculation in physics,mathemaics,chemistry and biology and fsc(faculity of science) in mathematics,physics and chemistry. i got 90% marks overall (96% in matric and 90% in fsc). i can speak english fluently.it is my dream from childhood to become pilot.

can i apply for pilot course.

THANK YOU smiley

shahzaibmanzoor

It's my dream too,,,and in my honest opinion, you got GREAT grades! YES, you can apply!

From my basic understanding, ANYONE of ANY NATIONALITY can APPLY! However, only Qataris are SPONSORED through this Program!
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 10:35am On Jun 17, 2015
OfficialIYANU:

LOL! Rumpelstiltskin (good Lord! Where did you concort this one from?!) undecided

Firstly, this program is STRICTLY for people with an interest, passion and zeal to FLY... To have their office in the SKIES!

Secondly, you are allowed to pay the money in INSTALLMENTS and based on recent exchange rate figures, the 109,00GBP has now dropped to N35M. smiley

The average Aviation enthusiast is not after making N100million or $100Bn at that! We're after FLYING! That's where they (WE) get our kicks from! Flying is our FIRE, Airplanes our DESIRE!

Miss us with your Ibo man thinking!!! wink

PS: I NEED YOUR LOAN! grin
So bro, you really wanna invest that much? shocked shocked Okay, I love your zeal anyways. I will help you. I will give you N35 million grant and N10 million loan. cheesy But you must come back and head my proposed aviation college in my village. angry grin

Don't thank me bro......that's how we philantropists roll. grin
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by OfficialIYANU(m): 9:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Rumpelstiltskin:
So bro, you really wanna invest that much? shocked shocked Okay, I love your zeal anyways. I will help you. I will give you N35 million grant and N10 million loan. cheesy But you must come back and head my proposed aviation college in my village. angry grin

Don't thank me bro......that's how we philantropists roll. grin

Great! grin But can I get the experience first?!

1 Like

Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by TangoCharlie: 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2016
hey , i had sent my application for this program , and have cleared phase 1 . Can you pleas guide me with the various tasks of phase 2 . Moreover i read on a forum that they start training 2 years after selection ( or after 2 years training they hire ) is this rumor true ? please help.
Re: QATAR WINGS - Become A Qatar Airways Pilot. Yes...it Is POSSIBLE!!! by TheGreatIYANU: 12:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
TangoCharlie:
hey , i had sent my application for this program , and have cleared phase 1 . Can you pleas guide me with the various tasks of phase 2 . Moreover i read on a forum that they start training 2 years after selection ( or after 2 years training they hire ) is this rumor true ? please help.

Hey bro congrats. The entire steps needed are written up there. This' my new Moniker btw.

(1) (Reply)

8 Insults Yoruba Mothers Use Very Well / Www.2go .com 2go Signup,download, 2go Login / How To Identify And Learn From Your Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.