Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement (2771 Views)

I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures / Did You Know That Ladies Fake Orgasm 90% Of The Time? / Why Do Ladies Dump Guys Who Refuse To Have Sex With Them ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 12:23pm On May 22, 2015
don't be surprised that its a Lady asking this question, I really don't get it I just need to know the theory behind this trend. I've see how some girls will carry their own money to buy engagement ring, slide it on their finger and starts making noise. sooner or later we will be hearing 'them say'
is it to bar men from making advances or is it that same unwarranted pride or is there a good reason for this because the point I listed above are not reasons to fake engagement. I want to know uh

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Rilwayne001: 12:26pm On May 22, 2015
We should ask you first grin lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:28pm On May 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:
We should ask you first grin lol

Thats the thing, rather get engaged to a man
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by ajani683(m): 12:33pm On May 22, 2015
I Lol
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Rilwayne001: 12:33pm On May 22, 2015
Jeddy100:

Thats the thing, rather get engaged to a man

I don't know whats stopping all these useless/sleeping mods from banning you undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:36pm On May 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

I don't know whats stopping all these useless/sleeping mods from banning you undecided undecided

Banning me, what have I done.. Mods please ban him for infringement of rule 20. Hejust called the MODS useless/sleeping. Thank you Mods, No one can ban me for being gay
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Rilwayne001: 12:41pm On May 22, 2015
Jeddy100:

Banning me, what have I done.. Mods please ban him for infringement of rule 20. Hejust called the MODS useless/sleeping. Thank you Mods, No one can ban me for being gay

You will eventually rot in jail, you this stvpid animal undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:42pm On May 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You will eventually rot in jail, you this stvpid animal undecided

Why am I an animal, How did I offend you dear
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by ifyan(m): 12:46pm On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:
don't be surprised that its a Lady asking this question, I really don't get it I just need to know the theory behind this trend. I've see how some girls will carry their own money to buy engagement ring, slide it on their finger and starts making noise. sooner or later we will be hearing 'them say'
is it to bar men from making advances or is it that same unwarranted pride or is there a good reason for this because the point I listed above are not reasons to fake engagement. I want to know uh

Like seriously this is the first time l am hearing such thing

I believe some do it for pride, scare away unfavourable suitors, boost their image, demand respect etc.

You never can tell.

Remember we live in a strange world.

You know. .....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 12:50pm On May 22, 2015
rilwayne001 and jeddy100 please kindly move your battle field to somewhere else in order not to derail this thread. its not created for the both of you smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:51pm On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:
rilwayne001 and jeddy100 please kindly move your battle field to somewhere else in order not to derail this thread. its not created for the both of you smiley

I am not derailing the thread, I just made a single comment..
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Rilwayne001: 12:52pm On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:

That dude is a criminal punishable under the Nigerian Law, 14years imprisonment precisely. I pray the police catch him soon.
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:53pm On May 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

That dude is a criminal punishable under the Nigerian Law, 14years imprisonment precisely. I pray the police catch him soon.

How will They catch me, I am gay yes, But I only have sex with men in close doors, No police will catch me there
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Rilwayne001: 12:56pm On May 22, 2015
Jeddy100:

How will They catch me, I am gay yes, But I only have sex with men in close doors, No police will catch me there

All that bulshit you doing doing secretly will be exposed very soon by Gods grace, and then thunder will fire you, and you will rot in jail
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 12:57pm On May 22, 2015
Rilwayne001:

All that bulshit you doing doing secretly will be exposed very soon by Gods grace, and then thunder will fire you, and you will rot in jail

You are gay secretly, How do u know that you are not gay... This one that this thing is biting you like this.. Are you sure you havent had sex with a man before my love?
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Enegod(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2015
This is going to piss alot of women off, but it's true; being fake comes more naturally to women... undecided
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by chigoizie7(m): 1:22pm On May 22, 2015
Jeddy100:

Just pray that people like me and my friends, max and picolo no catch, if we do, u will be the one begging for police to catch u and even double ur time to 28yrs.

Just imagine say u de work and dem de pay u 400k per month, but u no fit chop, t.p,u no go fit afford, house rent sef no gree u pay. For like 5yrs. That's exactly what will happen to u if we catch u.
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 22, 2015
Faking engagement?? They are gradually taking it low. The deal was to feign marriage.

. . .A few reasons.

>>> Low self-esteem.
Especially among girls whose almost all her friends are married or soon-to-be. They want to give them(the friends) the impression that they are not lagging behind. {laughable}
For others, they want to feel among.

>>> To be respected.
In the cooperate world, there are some foolish and unreasonable persons who wouldn't do business with you or award you a contract if you're not yet married. They be like - why is a lady of your age not yet married? At the end of the day, they conclude you must be an irresponsible lady without getting to know you or at least have a deal with you.

Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!! ! Don't even think about it. It's only a few persons outside there that reason so foolishly. No need to go buy that ring. wink

Some feign it also because they feel there is this respect the society gives you if you're married or engaged.

Oh well!! Nothing is as _stupid as willfully living a fake life. Self-delusion is deadlier than poison.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 22, 2015
Someone should please settle those gay and non-gay niggas up there. @ op, i dont know how true your post is, are you saying my neighbour i have been chyking 4 a year and responding with 'i am engaged' and waving the ring at me might be faking it? No wonder, i have never set my eyes on her engagee.That means i need to push harder.
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 1:40pm On May 22, 2015
chigoizie7:

Just pray that people like me and my friends, max and picolo no catch, if we do, u will be the one begging for police to catch u and even double ur time to 28yrs.

Just imagine say u de work and dem de pay u 400k per month, but u no fit chop, t.p,u no go fit afford, house rent sef no gree u pay. For like 5yrs. That's exactly what will happen to u if we catch u.

Sharrap your stinking mouth, come and catch me na, useless she-goat
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by chigoizie7(m): 1:43pm On May 22, 2015
Jeddy100:

Sharrap your stinking mouth, come and catch me na, useless she-goat

That's how u know frustrated fellows, gay
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Jeddy100(m): 1:47pm On May 22, 2015
chigoizie7:

That's how u know frustrated fellows, gay

That's you love, I am as chilled as can be
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by dre11(m): 2:43pm On May 22, 2015
So ladies do fake engagement.......

Cc
Lanicky
Farano
Missmossy
Missclassy
Mizmycoli
Luxanne

Pls tell me its all lies
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by misspicy(f): 2:54pm On May 22, 2015
ma roomate did it also,we all believed she was engaged until we caught her on her lie.....d tin dey suprise me o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 22, 2015
misspicy:
ma roomate did it also,we all believed she was engaged until we caught her on her lie.....d tin dey suprise me o.
What was her reason and how did you guys get to know the truth??
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 5:05pm On May 22, 2015
misspicy:
na wa o. good that you guys caught her. if you were the jealous type, you would have been dying with jealousy.
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 5:07pm On May 22, 2015
stupidity:
Someone should please settle those gay and non-gay niggas up there. @ op, i dont know how true your post is, are you saying my neighbour i have been chyking 4 a year and responding with 'i am engaged' and waving the ring at me might be faking it? No wonder, i have never set my eyes on her engagee.That means i need to push harder.
engagement does not mean marriage na. however, it doesn't mean every engagement ring you see is fake
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 5:15pm On May 22, 2015
Ploutos:
Faking engagement?? They are gradually taking it low. The deal was to feign marriage.

. . .A few reasons.

>>> Low self-esteem.
Especially among girls whose almost all her friends are married or soon-to-be. They want to give them(the friends) the impression that they are not lagging behind. {laughable}
For others, they want to feel among.

>>> To be respected.
In the cooperate world, there are some foolish and unreasonable persons who wouldn't do business with you or award you a contract if you're not yet married. They be like - why is a lady of your age not yet married? At the end of the day, they conclude you must be an irresponsible lady without getting to know you or at least have a deal with you.

Ssshhhhhhhhhhh!! ! Don't even think about it. It's only a few persons outside there that reason so foolishly. No need to go buy that ring. wink

Some feign it also because they feel there is this respect the society gives you if you're married or engaged.

Oh well!! Nothing is as _stupid as willfully living a fake life. Self-delusion is deadlier than poison.
lolzz who told you I'm thinking about it. just wanna know if there is a good reason behind it so I might stop criticising the act

I know a girl who all of a sudden started wearing engagement ring and was seriously flaunting it. after some weeks, there was no more ring and we heard her mum told her to stop wearing it. bullshit?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 22, 2015
AfricanApple:
lolzz who told you I'm thinking about it. just wanna know if there is a good reason behind it so I might stop criticising the act

I know a girl who all of a sudden started wearing engagement ring and was seriously flaunting it. after some weeks, there was no more ring and we heard her mum told her to stop wearing it. bullshit?
Lol. That part wasn't just for you. It was for any lady reading the write up and was about seeing is as a good reason.

Truth is, there's no cogent reason as to why a lady should feign engagement. It's like a guy buying condoms just so his friends could see and think he's a "sharp nigga" whereas he throws them away at night.

So much for having low self-esteem and a dumb brain. Why will a girl want to give a false impression to her friends that she's engaged?? Just so dumb.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 22, 2015
its nothing but 'Trending Madness'
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by lanicky(f): 6:11pm On May 22, 2015
dre11:
So ladies do fake engagement.......

Lol....it's so true dear.
Re: Why Do Ladies Fake Engagement by AfricanApple(f): 10:55pm On May 22, 2015
Drabeey:
its nothing but 'Trending Madness'
Lol @trending madness

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Ways To Tell If A Guy Is A Virgin / Livin Wt More Dan 2 Gals In A House Is Miserable Thing 2 Any Livin Man / Ladies, Showing Ur Boobs On The First Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.