Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity (16826 Views)

Senate Summons Hammed Ali, Customs DG, To Appear In Uniform / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Fasheun, Adams, Dokubo Others Threaten To Sue NNPC Over Contract Termination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by lalasticlala(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2015
The Joint Senate Committees on Petroleum Resources (Upstream and Downstream) on Friday ordered the Minister of Finance/Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and her counterpart in the Petroleum Resources Ministry, Mrs. Deziani Allison-Madueke, to appear before it on Monday next week over the lingering fuel crisis in the country.

Also summoned along with the two ministers are the Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation; Managing Director, Petroleum Pricing and Regulatory Agency; and the Director of the Department of Petroleum Resources.

Representatives of the Major Oil Marketers Association of Nigeria; Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria and the National Association of Road Transport Owners, are also expected to answer questions from the senators at the National Assembly Complex by 10:00am.

A statement issued in Abuja by the Chairmen of the two committees, Senators Emmanuel Paulker (Upstream) and Magnus Abe (Downstream), explained that the invitation of the public officers and groups was as a result of the assignment given to them by the senate.

The statement explained that the Deputy Senate Majority Leader, Senator Abdul Ningi, had on Thursday drew the attention of the Senate to the lingering fuel scarcity in the country and the untold hardship on the generality of Nigerians.

It added that Ningi had also urged the federal parliament to look into the matter with a view to finding the causes and lasting solution to the problem.

It stated that it was in view of the development that the Senate directed its committees on Downstream Petroleum sector and Petroleum Resources (Upstream), to investigate the matter and brief the Upper Chamber about their findings, next Tuesday.

The Joint Committee said the invitation extended to the affected individuals, agencies and groups was therefore necessary in order to obtain adequate information that would be needed to write their report for submission to the whole house.

http://www.punchng.com/news/fuel-crisis-senate-summons-okonjo-iweala-allison-madueke-nnpc-others/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by ozoigbondu: 1:26pm On May 22, 2015
Useless sinators now that the scarcity is abatting that they are waking up angry

16 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 22, 2015
d

are the senators just waking up from their sleep

the suffering is ending in a week time .

pls baba when you take over fully we want you to jail the cabals in NNPC and the oil sector.Dont forget the missing $20bn

baba pls cut down the pay of these senators and put the money back in the economy .pls baba use more of the youth in ur technocratic govt.

sai buhari

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by wachakuta(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2015
Useles senators indeed, they wnt to collect there own share of d subsidy money. We know una style, na so dem do for niger after 17million naira bribe dem say no need to impeac d yeye governor again...

WE HAVE MONSTERS AS LEADERS!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by superior1: 1:26pm On May 22, 2015
Useless lots

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
smileyna today??

3 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by bastien: 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
After we don suffer am finish abi smh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by wise7(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
They will be gone next week Thursday. the Senate or whatever should just forget it cos they won't come

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Mogidi: 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
I hope they don't honour the invite, just send the senators email telling them to wait a week for Buhari to stabilize world oil prices.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by babarazy: 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
Cool
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Helkayklassic(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2015
Anything that is not going on well in the Jonathan government na these two women cause am, the only thing they didn't ask them questions about is why Nigeria failed to qualify for the last cup of nations in Equitoria Guinea...These two women don suffer sha.

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
undecided

THEY SHOULD BOTH BE TIED TO A STAKE AND SHOT DEAD WITH AN ANTI-AIRCRAFT GUN undecided

13 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by steppin: 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
They should leave it till 29th. Miracle worker is on the way!
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Sholah96(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by dunkem21(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
We need smart people in the hallowed chambers ..

..A common man like me knew 3 weeks before today that there will be biting scarcity till the end of may yet people with privileged information play snake n ladder and snore in sessions. grin

If they had any iota of sense, they would have taken the duo serious when they are making sensitive comments and swing into action.

NOI: "A powerful cartel wants to hold the nation @ ransom"

Dizeani: "I stepped on powerful toes"

The implication of this action means that there will be scarcity throughout this week ..

..Adjusts my price to N157/litre. grin
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by WisdomCanada(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
Gbege
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Inception(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
grin

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by tiamiyukunle69(m): 1:28pm On May 22, 2015
At last. I hope they find a lasting solution to this mess
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by kekakuz(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2015
there is fuel here in kabusa
its just
N140 per litter
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Swagavillage(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2015

1.What has been your greatest achievement till date?‬

Every achievement is gotten through realization of goals, be it personal and/or the ones the world has laid out for you. Every individual has got a set of goals and achievements, I included. But that which I can say is my greatest was seeing my younger ones through school against all odds, this goal I had set in 2009 when I had graduated from secondary school. I had to put to my education on hold to realize this, to help my mum provide for, build up and train my brothers and I must say, looking at the intelligent young men I have behind me, I am proud to declare that they are my greatest achievements till date. [/color]

such an intelligent beauty.. tell me 1 reason why she doesn't deserve the crown!

we know you are all busy people but please take out 10 seconds out of your time to click this link
https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=2329533 and type

I vote TWACI
Cc NLJega
God bless you

uu

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Inception(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2015
kekakuz:
hffbb
grin

2 Likes

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by ACHIEVERBA: 1:29pm On May 22, 2015
senseless people, when they have just few days to leave office.

MAY GOD TAKE CARE OF THEIR LIVES THE WAY THEY TOOK CARE OF THIS COUNTRY, EITHER GOOD OR BAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Maxymilliano(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2015
They just woke up from their slumber abi ?
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by micktoxin(m): 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
A case of too little too late. Let's hope they can do the right thing.
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Seequadry(m): 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
mofos
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by efilefun(m): 1:30pm On May 22, 2015
Lol
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by ola1982(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2015
Abeg wake me up for jummat prayer by 2:00pm
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by MKO4ever(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2015
The woman is off to the UK with the President-elect

1 Like

Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2015
Nothing good has ever come out of their summon. The same thing will repeat itself.

For your best and latest quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Roman, Shake, Shingle designs) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.
Re: Senate Summons Okonjo-iweala, Allison-madueke, NNPC Over Fuel Scarcity by braine(m): 1:31pm On May 22, 2015
good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rumble In APC As Zonal Chairmen Move Against Oyegun / Breaking: PDP Wins Kano State. / Saraki-Led PDP Reconciliation Committee In Closed-Door Session With Former Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.