Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:15 AM

Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general (28149 Views)

African Business Summit In US has No African Delegates. Their Visas Were Denied / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching / I Was Denied US Visit Visa After 2days Of Approval From VO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by amanze15(m): 11:40am On May 23, 2015
How many 23 or 24 year olds are gainfully employed for up to a year either still in service or battling with finals, just as he said its hard for the younger ones........ angry
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by amanze15(m): 11:43am On May 23, 2015
litetias:
This social and economic tie he's talking about, is it tie you wear to social and economic occasions.

Which colours?

Is it that expensive?

Ready-made or you can buy the material and give to your tailor.

I need answers.
guy grin cheesy
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by omooba969(m): 11:48am On May 23, 2015
eleojo23:
I envisage a time in Nigeria when people will not have to run to foreign countries for greener pastures.

Together we can make our own land green. It will not be easy but I believe we can do it.

@bolded,

The WILL to do&achieve must be present cos to be d best u must be driven !

Enu o se. smiley
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by gregor1: 11:51am On May 23, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by kinzation(m): 11:51am On May 23, 2015
[quote author=eleojo23 post=34017414]I envisage a time in Nigeria when people will not have to run to foreign countries for greener pastures.

Together we can make our own land green. It will not be easy but I believe we can do it. Bad belle people no go gree
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by omooba969(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2015
bright007:
Nigeria is a phucked country

the only option left for citizens like me is civil disobedience which will be another form of boko haram

@bolded,

Civil disobedience? shocked You & I knw datz suicidal cos ur murderous politicians will use d police&military to kill u all.

Be careful & dnt be reckless ok---my 2kobo.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by allosteric: 12:15pm On May 23, 2015
This is PR move by the American Embassy in Nigeria. Now that there's light at the end of the tunnel and it seems that Nigeria and Nigerians are about setting their feet on the part of progress and prosperity, we're being courted by the very people who treated us like scorns of the earth and laughing stocks. I won't be surprised if we're no longer required to write toefl, ielts and other similar exams in order to pursue our dreams and education abroad or even having visa waivers from many bankrupt so called developed nations.
Before now, the world had courted corrupt nigerians and government officials while encouraging them to bring their loot - our national heritage/cakes to invest in their countries. Now that the chances are that the leaking pipes will be blocked and the national cakes will no longer be available for pillage, we're beginning to hear new songs and praises inreminiscence to the immediate post colonial era and the oil booms of the 70's. Otherwise, when last did we have 50 head of states gracing the swearing-in of a new president in nija? Times have changed, the narratives are changing, hence the strategies are changing. Nija ronu oooo!
I hope we've learnt our lessons! No one truly loves us, except if we believe that prostitutes are love-birds! Eni ori o ba lo ni won oooo!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by omooba969(m): 12:31pm On May 23, 2015
hansad:
Most of Nigerians who emigrated to the US come home poor, empty handed and cracked.
Tell. what do Nigerians go to do in the US? Look at sky scrappers?
Studies? Most Nigerians who can afford to pay the high fees in US are Nigerian oil thieves.

Pointless comment.

Plz try again. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by golddust6000(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2015
Emeskhalifa:
Abeq what is that "ties" he ws talkin bout undecided does he mean smthn like one must have someone over there?
Smbody just help
ties means that if you are married, economic means that if you have stable income.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 23, 2015
letsbet:
Pls, can somebody with a better experience explain to me what the social and economic ties are in this refrence.?!
social tie means your family here or there.if you are married with children better.they believe if you go,you will eventually come back because of your family.having a relation over there is another good social tie cos they believe you a home to get to and not become 'street pusher' or area boy. on the economic tie,it's your employment/business and your fat account. they believe if you have this,you won't go and not come back and you have enough money to spend over there. a richman with genuine business here and family won't have a problem cos he's going to spend money for america! good for their economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Emmaxmusic(m): 2:10pm On May 23, 2015
EmmaX
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Hallmark08(m): 2:23pm On May 23, 2015
He said, “Between 2009 and 2014, visa applications rose by 345 per cent in our missions based in Abuja and Lagos. Nigeria is an expanding country and the Nigerian middle class is becoming more and more prominent and growing and all those things reflected in the growth rate we see in visa applications.”

From the abovementioned the GEJ govt has made the middle class a reality, some people won't see the good in the current government.

2 Likes

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 23, 2015
bezimo:

This is a very tall dream, Nigeria cannot be better than the west until the leaders looting the collective patrimony of this country are incarcerated and eliminated.When leadership is wrong everything is affected and unfortunately it has being the problem of the African continent.

Well said my friend ... People just say that but in reality they know it's feasibly impossible to achieve it....
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Bollinger(m): 2:50pm On May 23, 2015
hansad:
Most of Nigerians who emigrated to the US come home poor, empty handed and cracked.
Studies? Most Nigerians who can afford to pay the high fees in US are Nigerian oil thieves.

You might want to revise your post. There is a difference between being issued a visa and staying over your visa date. That is not emigration. If you stay over your visa date is same as prison in the U.S. You won't be able to do anything or work anywhere legally. Of course in that situation, any individual who makes that choice will return empty handed. (I wonder why anyone would want to come back if they actually emigrated). Those individuals who you've known to come back empty handed went to the states illegally. The best way to describe America; close your eyes and imagine anything you want to be and I guarantee you will achieve it.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by ReSexzskilz(f): 3:07pm On May 23, 2015
NaLaugh:

Bros, e be like say dem don deal with you wella. cheesy
grincheesy
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by themodernman: 3:20pm On May 23, 2015
letsbet:
Pls, can somebody with a better experience explain to me what the social and economic ties are in this refrence.?!

I think it means those who got something to tie them down to Nigeria & keep them from disappearing once they enter yankee: things like a viable business or career, wives & kids you can't afford to abandon...

That's why they said it's difficult for the young guys.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by letsbet(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2015
themodernman:

I think it means those who got something to tie them down to Nigeria & keep them from disappearing once they enter yankee: things like a viable business or career, wives & kids you can't afford to abandon...

That's why they said it's difficult for the young guys.
Now i understand. Tnks.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by letsbet(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2015
payek:
social tie means your family here or there.if you are married with children better.they believe if you go,you will eventually come back because of your family.having a relation over there is another good social tie cos they believe you a home to get to and not become 'street pusher' or area boy. on the economic tie,it's your employment/business and your fat account. they believe if you have this,you won't go and not come back and you have enough money to spend over there. a richman with genuine business here and family won't have a problem cos he's going to spend money for america! good for their economy.
Thanks for the enlightiment.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by themodernman: 4:07pm On May 23, 2015
letsbet:
Now i understand. Tnks.

I think oh!

I might be wrong...
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by lebete3000: 4:40pm On May 23, 2015
dondemex:
It was a fine lady that interviewed me then when i went for my student visa i was shaking&using style to flirt with her with my eyes.The real deal is u must have a vision of what you're going there to do and use sweet mouth too even if u have to lie

As a medical doctor preparing for an international exam in d US...do I still need to lie about my mission over there?
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by lebete3000: 4:46pm On May 23, 2015
Kutunban:
Social and Economic ties means people with career e.g. Medical doctors,Prominent Musician, Successful legal Biz owners, Or Religious cleric with a name, Students with financial capabilities to pay their tuition or on scholarships and Individuals with relatives in USA

Note: Ensure you have something reasonable to do or offer in USA. Do not waste your time applying.

By Medical Doctor you mean? Cos I'm a medical doctor and i know how hard it is for my colleagues. So explain better pls.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by anwo247: 5:17pm On May 23, 2015
MusaIbrahim1:
Okay here I come... If you no get TIE, nothing for you

grin

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by aaidel(m): 5:32pm On May 23, 2015
letsbet:

make you don marry and don get better work and investment in a nutshell rich enough to not want to go and over stay
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by jakeharris(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2015
hansad:

You would just open your mouth and say nonsense what makes you think parents that pay the tuition fees are oil thieves .....better cross check ...my mom ain't no oil thief

1 Like

Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by bayocanny: 6:09pm On May 23, 2015
jossyj:
They want to make more money That's why they 're making these advert Don't mind them. US THIEVES.
Shut up
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 23, 2015
Chadso:
Their business.. Next week I'm trekking to Haiti with adeh39.. Who cares to join us?? grin

Dearie, I don't want anybody to join us jare, I want to be with you alone.
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Chadso(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2015
adeh39:

Dearie, I don't want anybody to join us jare, I want to be with you alone.

Okay shuga... Y'all heard the female dragon.. She doesn't want any oda company.. So the opening has been closed
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 23, 2015
Chadso:

Okay shuga... Y'all heard the female dragon.. She doesn't want any oda company.. So the opening has been closed

Yeah...... So Dear... Can we start the trekking now?
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by Omooba77: 9:29pm On May 23, 2015
DanielPop:

Everything is a joke abi? undecided
Ame no dey easy like that oh;sending cars and clothes no be moin moin
Re: Why Applicants Are Denied US Visas – Consul-general by themodernman: 10:04pm On May 23, 2015
adeh39:

Yeah...... So Dear... Can we start the trekking now?

With this your physique like that of Kenyans, I'm sure you can trek to anywhere in this world.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Road Leading To A General Hospital Flooded In Lagos / Apongbon Underbridge Lagos On Fire, Please Be Careful As you Plan Your Day / JSS3 Student Crushed To Death By Tanker In Enugu (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.