Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,702 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes (1451 Views)

"Doctors At FMC Asaba Killed My Wife During Childbirth" - Man Claims (Photos) / Mother Of Doctor Who Jumped Into Lagoon: "My Son Will Be Rescued Alive" / ''UCH Ibadan Doctors Killed My Wife'' - Man Says (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by franklyn009(m): 4:46pm On May 22, 2015
Just read this touching story sent to lindaikeji's blog by a grieving mum who lost her 1 year old son last year at his creche in a school in Ajah. He choked to death while eating. Its worth sharing here. Read her heartbreaking story below...

"Please share my story to the world. I would have sent this earlier but it took God's Grace and courage because I am still in pain. My son's name is Oluwatamilore Holloway. I enrolled him in Debiruss creche on the 16th of September as soon as he clocked 1 on the 13th of sept, 2014. He was loving and peaceful, but I wanted him to mingle with people. On the 26th of November, 2014, I was called by the school authority to meet them at Budo Hospital in Ajah around 2pm. I was in Ajah market so I rushed
there, unfortunately I did not meet my Tamilore alive, he was dead, I asked them what happened and they couldn't give me an answer.
I was told probably he was dehydrated and the hospital told me he was brought in dead. I asked the Nanny what happened, she said he woke up and she was feeding him, that she gave him the first spoon and that when she was about to give him the second spoon, he started closing his eyes, thank God for autopsy which revealed that my son died due to Aspiration of Food particles in the lungs, definitely, he was choked to death with food.
As soon as they heard the result was out, they started coming to my house to beg me, they even went to my priest in church. It had to take the intervention of my priest that I should just leave everything to God.
They came to me and they offered to close down the creche and get a Nurse for the school and that they would write my Family an Apology letter, that was in January which I haven't gotten as I write
this .
I also noticed that during Christmas they had the effontary to decorate their school, despite the fact that my son just died, they told me they had already contacted the decorator and that they couldn't stop him, they even had Christmas party which I felt it wasn't fair on my part.
I gave them 3 conditions that they should get a professional Nurse, get a CCTV for their school and they should get a Qualified child minder , but they only came back to tell me they were going to close the creche and that it will only be opened for the children of their staff.
On the 6th of May,I went to the school to find out what was happening, if they had truly closed the creche, I went in through the back gate and I went straight to the creche,I found out , they had no Nurse, one of the child minders who was working there,was still there, there was no CCTV and the crèche was not closed down, because I saw other children from outside who was also with my son in the crèche. I was told they got a Nurse and I think the working conditions was not suitable for the Nurse so she had to leave.
My grievance is that they carried on in their normal Business as if nothing happened, and I expected them to do the needful, I did not even ask them for a dime, but I said for the sake of other children, they should get Qualified people who will take care of the children should in case first Aids has to be given but because they are money conscious, they would rather let the worst happen than prevent it, and what they do is to convert an ordinary cleaner to a Nanny or child minder to save cost. A Nanny who is not experienced and who can't even feed a child. They have to do the needful before they kill other children, who can't speak for themselves like my poor son.

source
http://lindaikeji..in/2015/05/how-school-in-ajah-killed-my-son.html?m=1
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by olamibobo(m): 5:02pm On May 22, 2015
That is serious
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 22, 2015
God!!!
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Chibuhealth(f): 7:03pm On May 22, 2015
This is bad!! All these Witch Nannies, I tire for them... who knows? they have used your child for spiritual sacrifice...
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by rasadin: 7:55pm On May 22, 2015
franklyn009:
Just read this touching story sent to lindaikeji's blog by a grieving mum who lost her 1 year old son last year at his creche in a school in Ajah. He choked to death while eating. Its worth sharing here. Read her heartbreaking story below...

"Please share my story to the world. I would have sent this earlier but it took God's Grace and courage because I am still in pain. My son's name is Oluwatamilore Holloway. I enrolled him in Debiruss creche on the 16th of September as soon as he clocked 1 on the 13th of sept, 2014. He was loving and peaceful, but I wanted him to mingle with people. On the 26th of November, 2014, I was called by the school authority to meet them at Budo Hospital in Ajah around 2pm. I was in Ajah market so I rushed
there, unfortunately I did not meet my Tamilore alive, he was dead, I asked them what happened and they couldn't give me an answer.
I was told probably he was dehydrated and the hospital told me he was brought in dead. I asked the Nanny what happened, she said he woke up and she was feeding him, that she gave him the first spoon and that when she was about to give him the second spoon, he started closing his eyes, thank God for autopsy which revealed that my son died due to Aspiration of Food particles in the lungs, definitely, he was choked to death with food.
As soon as they heard the result was out, they started coming to my house to beg me, they even went to my priest in church. It had to take the intervention of my priest that I should just leave everything to God.
They came to me and they offered to close down the creche and get a Nurse for the school and that they would write my Family an Apology letter, that was in January which I haven't gotten as I write
this .
I also noticed that during Christmas they had the effontary to decorate their school, despite the fact that my son just died, they told me they had already contacted the decorator and that they couldn't stop him, they even had Christmas party which I felt it wasn't fair on my part.
I gave them 3 conditions that they should get a professional Nurse, get a CCTV for their school and they should get a Qualified child minder , but they only came back to tell me they were going to close the creche and that it will only be opened for the children of their staff.
On the 6th of May,I went to the school to find out what was happening, if they had truly closed the creche, I went in through the back gate and I went straight to the creche,I found out , they had no Nurse, one of the child minders who was working there,was still there, there was no CCTV and the crèche was not closed down, because I saw other children from outside who was also with my son in the crèche. I was told they got a Nurse and I think the working conditions was not suitable for the Nurse so she had to leave.
My grievance is that they carried on in their normal Business as if nothing happened, and I expected them to do the needful, I did not even ask them for a dime, but I said for the sake of other children, they should get Qualified people who will take care of the children should in case first Aids has to be given but because they are money conscious, they would rather let the worst happen than prevent it, and what they do is to convert an ordinary cleaner to a Nanny or child minder to save cost. A Nanny who is not experienced and who can't even feed a child. They have to do the needful before they kill other children, who can't speak for themselves like my poor son.

source
http://lindaikeji..in/2015/05/how-school-in-ajah-killed-my-son.html?m=1
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Wendy80(f): 7:08am On May 23, 2015
It's really a pity. Most of them don't care about the welfare of the children, they are just out to make money.

1 Like

Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by JustCurious: 7:41am On May 23, 2015
This is Sad.

Not all schools are 'schools'. Unfortunately, most Nigerian independent schools are more profit-centric than child-centered. A good, godly school, who can find? It's beyond the colourful building and classrooms.

We all need some discerning minds to knowing the most suitable school for our little ones. May God help us, and direct our path.

RIP Oluwatamilore. sad
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Nobody: 10:05am On May 23, 2015

This is one problem we have in this country. How many more babies have to die before they shut down that crappy daycare? Its obvious that the place is unsafe. They practically a child, but the mother has 'left it to God' will he come down and shut the place down? Why not sue them and protect other children?
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by franklyn009(m): 5:03pm On May 23, 2015
Wendy80:
It's really a pity. Most of them don't care about the welfare of the children, they are just out to make money.
Money like dy said is d root of all evil.
people are so infatuated will making money dat dy don't even care who dy step on. Money over standard.
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 24, 2015
Now this is sad.. The woman even went back again to check on the state of the creche cry
The entire school should be closed
Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by dominique(f): 9:19pm On May 24, 2015
Those monsters force fed the poor baby! Just like the picture that went viral last week, the baby's head was tilted up and liquid food was forced down his throat. Along the line he threw some up but since head was upside down, the food went back through the wind pipe into his lungs causing drowning. A simple act of CPR could have averted a tragedy but an average Nigerian is so ignorant about things like this, they must have resorted to praying instead. And just like that a happy family was thrust into mourning. They must no go unpunished. That creche deserves to be shut down permanently and the owners sanctioned. Nothing can ever bring back the baby but the family will take solace in the fact that the ignorant and insensitive monsters will be out of business for good.

1 Like

Re: How A School In Ajah Killed My Son - Grieving Mother Writes by Ariyke: 1:13am On May 25, 2015
Wicked people angry

(1) (Reply)

My 10 Years Old Daughter Is No Longer A Virgin / 10 Things That People Who Smell Good ALWAYS Do! / Health Benefits Of Gorontula Seed Aka Miracle Fruit....every Woman And Man Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.