Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,422 members, 7,808,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 PM

His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! (29010 Views)

N-power: Why States Are Conducting Tests — Presidency / I Went For Police Screening But They Stole My Original Credentials / How To Negotiate Your Salary During The Interview Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Mbkite(m): 8:34pm On May 22, 2015
Pinkieblue:
The witches in his village must have used his picture to fan themselves

LOL. I no fit laff
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by free2ryhme: 8:40pm On May 22, 2015
Mbkite:
It just happened today! A friend of mine met his current employer (MD) where he went for an interview and the MD was among the people conducting the interview for the firm. He was really disorganized immediately he saw the MD and wanted to disappear! What would you do, if you were him?

Why una too dey lie like this grin
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Mbkite(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2015
free2ryhme:

Why una too dey lie like this grin
no mind them bro. I knw u are omnipresent! U are everywhere and u also have Lienometer(lie detector)
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by baba11(m): 8:45pm On May 22, 2015
Mbkite:

gud!
angry angry grin
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by pek(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2015
You can use that to your advantage. Put him in the fix. If a member of the panel is your MD, then are already at an advantage. There is no law that says you can not further your career.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by JurassicPark: 9:16pm On May 22, 2015
Nothing to be scared of..

As long as you aren't a liability to your MD's organisation.

Just triple your confidence level, and let your current MD feel like he's about to lose a sound professional

1 Like

Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by ewosk: 9:19pm On May 22, 2015
Kx:
A professional will always and should always act as one.
The presence of your current MD in the interview panel should not put u off in the interview.
After all, I won't bad mouth my current or previous employer, instead I will insist and clearly say with confidence that my current job and the responsibilities that come with it has equipped me with the requisite skills to deliver above expectations and tha it has be a success win win story of accomplishments all the way.
As a star, you can turn the table around and even put it to them that your current MD who is a panel member can attest to your above average and track record of sterling performance all through your appraisal process. Believe you me, the MD won't air a contrary opinion in your presence and that level of composure will swing things in your favour to the extent even your current MD will call your present HR for an upgrade in order not to loose you.

Organisations are looking for people that will sell them selves high because if you can't sell yourself, how then can you sell a product, especially an intangible one at that!
Question WHY DO U WANT TO LEAVE YOUR PRESENT EMPLOYER

1 Like

Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Mbkite(m): 9:22pm On May 22, 2015
pek:
You can use that to your advantage. Put him in the fix. If a member of the panel is your MD, then are already at an advantage. There is no law that says you can not further your career.
yea, but you how some pple reason. He may use it strongly against you, since he has nutin to lose.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by shilexholly(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2015
If u are a good asset ur boss will not hire u dere but will kal u for a diaolouge and probably increase ur pay but if not u are gine for
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 22, 2015
I will continue...I have choices to make in this life, I have my reasons for switching job. If its a FG job, ah! Nothing to fear sef.

If its a private firm, still nothing to fear...the way u present ursef cud even put the MD in ann unstable situation.
Afterall, an interview is for u to 'advertise ' ur skills for person(s) who will value it more.
My guy, I aim for the best! I don't work for money, Money works for me.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by governor2015(m): 9:41pm On May 22, 2015
Baba oooooo
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by lonelydora: 9:47pm On May 22, 2015
soe:
Simple.

Throughout the interview...try to speak well about all the great things you have learnt fron your current working place..and why you think you will do great bringing that experience plus your own great skills.

Don't mention his name...but make his head swell as in (ah ah...we r d ones that trained him na...)

Barman, nack dis guy one bottle for my head. Exactly what I would have done. In this current world, one have to be a fast thinker.

1 Like

Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by ENDTIMES: 12:14am On May 23, 2015
I'll bone and do the interview, my MD will be the one disorganized.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by talk2docee: 12:20am On May 23, 2015
you are a professional website designer and you want to teach people how to design a website.... yet you are using a ...... u cant get a private domain name for ur biz....hmmmmm SMH!
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Imagineers: 12:29am On May 23, 2015
Your case is like that of a man who went to hotel with his girlfriend only to see his wife with her own boyfriend too!!

1 Like

Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by emzila(m): 12:43am On May 23, 2015
Jeus:
*Davido's Gobe On Replay*
there is no big deal there, though is normal to be unease for a while but i get to put myself together and give them objective reasons why i need to move high from where i am. In as much as i don't present my present employer in bad image, my MD, if truly he has attain d position of MD through d ladder of success, will understand that he didnt get there through one firm. Besides any good boss knows that his good staff will always desire to go higher.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by bumeks(f): 9:39am On May 23, 2015
Mbkite:
It just happened today! A friend of mine met his current employer (MD) where he went for an interview and the MD was among the people conducting the interview for the firm. He was really disorganized immediately he saw the MD and wanted to disappear! What would you do, if you were him?
what did ur friend do? U didn't complete d gist for us
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by cletty: 10:01am On May 23, 2015
It depends on how valuable he is in his present company. If he is very valuable, the MD may even want to negotiate that he remains with a pay rise (Talking from experience). The bottom line is that we should be so relevant such that we become indispensable.
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 23, 2015
Another cooked up story! His MD recruiting for another company? MD? mtchew, u no sabi cook lie!
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Remarkable: 12:58pm On May 23, 2015
Lawprince:

First complete the story and tell us what your friend did.

... I don't think this really happened to the OP's friend...
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by free2ryhme: 3:50pm On May 23, 2015
Mbkite:

no mind them bro. I knw u are omnipresent! U are everywhere and u also have Lienometer(lie detector)

Even the devil is afraid of your lies grin
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Mbkite(m): 3:52pm On May 23, 2015
free2ryhme:

Even the devil is afraid of your lies grin
wetin man go do nah, Thomas my dear broda!
Re: His current MD was in the panel conducting the interview he went for! by Ultimate001: 2:07pm On May 24, 2015
obinna2nv:
Serious Gobe!! Don't even bother!! Your MD will definitely ensure your failure!,!,
and may even fire you (2-way loss)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo: What Is Wrong With This Job Advert? / Nnpc Vacancies Details / Five Things I Would Learn To Do If I Was Jobless

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.