Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,911 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning (22362 Views)

Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many / Presidency: Okorocha Kicks Against Igbo Presidency Based On Zoning / Senate Presidency- Akume, Tinubu Meet In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by HonourablePomk: 9:46pm On May 22, 2015
ok
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by adaybayor(m): 9:46pm On May 22, 2015
nortcentrallord:
If Akume was to be from the core north or it was agreed in the past that the senate president should be from the NE or NW, will anybody now come out to say competence over zoning? Hahahahaha. Fear north.

Your Sentiment

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by ZYZZA: 9:48pm On May 22, 2015
Akume no gree, you have been waiting for food to don as APC minority leader ,now food don done there say no chop for what

#GEJMYHERO

5 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by akashi01(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2015
An Igbo engineer can't find a job so he opens a clinic
and puts a sign outside 'GET TREATMENT FOR 20k - IF
NOT CURED GET BACK 100k
A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn
100k and goes to the clinic...
Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste"
Igbo man: "Nurse, bring medicine from box no. 22 and
put 3 drops in patient's mouth"
Lawyer: "Ugh..this is kerosene"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your sense of taste is restored.
Give me 20k"
The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to
recover his money...
Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember
anything"
put 3 drops in his mouth"
Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene. You gave this to
me last time for restoring my taste"
Igbo man: "Congrats. You got your memory back. Give
me 20k"
The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a
week later determined to get back 100k.
Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak"
Igbo man: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that, so
take this 100k"
Lawyer (staring at the cash): "But this is 20k, not
100k"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give me
20k"
You can't beat an Igbo man

Good morning famz!

Zeezarapture

6 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 22, 2015
Una Neva Start.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by princefaculty(m): 9:52pm On May 22, 2015
APC do the needful or regret your mistakes later. Learn from what took dow the PDP before it gets too late
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by nortcentrallord(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2015
adaybayor:

Your Sentiment

Your thought

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by petux(m): 9:55pm On May 22, 2015
Tinubu Eleniyan
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by luvinhubby(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2015
midolian:
I hope and pray this thing goes to Akume eventually.. He has maintained a clean slate both in his political career and his private life. A man of sterling quality,.Akume rather than loot the treasury when he was Governor of Benue State, unleashed an avalanche of development in all the facets of the socio-economic endeavours of the state such that between 1999 and 2007 Benue State became a beehive of activities and a very pleasant home for all tribes and religious groups to thrive among the natives harmoniously. He is the kinda person Nigeria needs as the senate president @ this critical moment.

Serious ? Avalanche of development in Benue state?shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by gratiaeo(m): 9:57pm On May 22, 2015
Akume's sin is that he's not a Muslim from core north

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by arent88(m): 9:58pm On May 22, 2015
kokoA:
stop lying.. Akume was better than Seswuam, but he didn't do all the things you mentioned there.
i was wondering if it is the akume dat ruled benue from 1999-2007 he was talking abt or someone else.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Yazmin: 9:58pm On May 22, 2015
lawflec:
mtcewwwwww. Tinubu v Akume. He nw prefers either lawal or saraki. Old goose. Abeg gve Sam egwu cttee chair. In support say hy.

And I am sure you would require those against to say 'hello'....abi?
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by mikolo80: 9:58pm On May 22, 2015
midolian:
I hope and pray this thing goes to Akume eventually.. He has maintained a clean slate both in his political career and his private life. A man of sterling quality,.Akume rather than loot the treasury when he was Governor of Benue State, unleashed an avalanche of development in all the facets of the socio-economic endeavours of the state such that between 1999 and 2007 Benue State became a beehive of activities and a very pleasant home for all tribes and religious groups to thrive among the natives harmoniously. He is the kinda person Nigeria needs as the senate president @ this critical moment.

please itemise they avalanche of development

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 22, 2015
Zoning?

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by amao(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2015
It is all politics, akume sorry it has come to you, you should have learn that dining with tinubu, u will need a long spoon, wen it comes to politics, d hausas have an edge, d yorubas are known to be betrayals while the igbos will follow d highest bidder. Meanwhile, I hope it will be more interesting on June 5,i would advise u to go for Senate leader.....

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:04pm On May 22, 2015
akashi01:
An Igbo engineer can't find a job so he opens a clinic
and puts a sign outside 'GET TREATMENT FOR 20k - IF
NOT CURED GET BACK 100k
A lawyer thinks this is a great opportunity to earn
100k and goes to the clinic...
Lawyer: "I have lost my sense of taste"
put 3 drops in patient's mouth"
Lawyer: "Ugh..this is kerosene"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your sense of taste is restored.
Give me 20k"
The annoyed lawyer goes back after a few days to
recover his money...
Lawyer: "I have lost my memory. I cannot remember
anything"
put 3 drops in his mouth"
Lawyer (annoyed): "This is kerosene. You gave this to
me last time for restoring my taste"
Igbo man: "Congrats. You got your memory back. Give
me 20k"
The fuming lawyer pays him, and then comes back a
week later determined to get back 100k.
Lawyer: "My eyesight has become very weak"
Igbo man: "Well, I don't have any medicine for that, so
take this 100k"
Lawyer (staring at the cash): "But this is 20k, not
100k"
Igbo man: "Congrats, your eyesight is restored. Give me
20k"
You can't beat an Igbo man

Good morning famz!

Zeezarapture

weyrey thanks smiley

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Ayietim(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2015
Cherish sweet memories but bury painful memories, life is a long journey, travel light, carry only the most important accessories. #Life.
http://ayietim.
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 22, 2015
midolian:

Lies. Isn't this the Benue fraught with killings and maiming being perpetrated by the violent nomads? Or aren't you aware hundreds were killed at Agatu months ago?

Akume and integrity can't be in the same sentence! I'm NOT against his bid for the president of the Senate. Just wanted to keep things in the proper perspective!

OBJ allegedly told Akume: '' Akume, even if na sand, make I at least commission something''

2 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by abbasbo003(m): 10:16pm On May 22, 2015
Well with all this bullshit of who will be the Senate leader, am a Yoruba man but I don't want either Yoruba or Hausa to be the leader they should give to neither igbo or another tribes apart from Yoruba or Hausa in other to form a real Nigeria...B. saraki is the worst man ever...
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by OdionOdion: 10:25pm On May 22, 2015
Watching on the sideline from 3D the eventual cataclysm of Almajari Peoples Congress APC
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by LKO(m): 10:57pm On May 22, 2015
lawflec:
mtcewwwwww. Tinubu v Akume. He nw prefers either lawal or saraki. Old goose. Abeg gve Sam egwu cttee chair. In support say hy.

Nor worry, we go make Sam Egwu committee chairman of agriculture( na him field be that o) or we fit give am chairman of education ( atleast he try for education when he be governor). I just hope say Egwu nor go become a sleeping senator o.

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by adetension: 11:06pm On May 22, 2015
::: I need job if any nairalander can help me out this is my num if you can call me may the lord help you as you do your best in my life I study civil engineering just ND any assistance I will be so greatful. Here are my number 08108173717 $ 08074619932. GOD bless you as you do

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by badesco(m): 11:07pm On May 22, 2015
we ain't seen nothing yet, more scheming is expected. what do you expect from strange fellows.
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by InMyOpinion(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2015
midolian:
I hope and pray this thing goes to Akume eventually.. He has maintained a clean slate both in his political career and his private life. 'A man of sterling quality,.Akume rather than loot the treasury when he was Governor of Benue State, unleashed an avalanche of development in all the facets of the socio-economic endeavours of the state such that between 1999 and 2007 Benue State became a beehive of activities and a very pleasant home for all tribes and religious groups to thrive among the natives harmoniously'. Plus his contributions right from the day I know him has always bn meaningful. He is experienced and honest.
He is the kinda person Nigeria needs as the senate president @ this critical moment.

Are you sure you know where Benue is at all, talk of less of ever going there
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 1:15am On May 23, 2015
deskossy:
Why are they contradicting themselves

That's what happens wen 4 political parties fuse together n become one in a very short time
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 1:15am On May 23, 2015
AdeniyiA:
Big shame on our supposed leaders who discuss politics after elections instead of good governance nd d economy. undecided

Why are u surprised
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Audinowing(m): 2:09am On May 23, 2015
echeonyilo2:
AND THE SAME AKUME AND HIS TIV BRODAS CAN NOT ZONE BENUE GUBA IDOMA PPL..
Don't mind those Tivs. The Idomas have been grossly marginalised.
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 6:16am On May 23, 2015
midolian:
I hope and pray this thing goes to Akume eventually.. He has maintained a clean slate both in his political career and his private life. 'A man of sterling quality,.Akume rather than loot the treasury when he was Governor of Benue State, unleashed an avalanche of development in all the facets of the socio-economic endeavours of the state such that between 1999 and 2007 Benue State became a beehive of activities and a very pleasant home for all tribes and religious groups to thrive among the natives harmoniously'. Plus his contributions right from the day I know him has always bn meaningful. He is experienced and honest.
He is the kinda person Nigeria needs as the senate president @ this critical moment.

story story, are you sure you are from benue? Akume this akume that, akume is the chief architect of failure in benue state, was he not the that forcefully imposed suswam on benuelite? During his tenure, alots of soldiers were killled which led to bombardment of zakibiam, have you forgoten that it was during akume's tenure that benue fought the most bloodiest war with taraba state that led to death of so many people. Am from otukpo, akume did noting for zone c, he is the problem benue is having now.
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by Nobody: 6:36am On May 23, 2015
Otenestbestyaho:
story story, are you sure you are from benue? Akume this akume that, akume is the chief architect of failure in benue state, was he not the that forcefully imposed suswam on benuelite? During his tenure, alots of soldiers were killled which led to bombardment of zakibiam, have you forgoten that it was during akume's tenure that benue fought the most bloodiest war with taraba state that led to death of so many people. Am from otukpo, akume did noting for zone c, he is the problem benue is having now.

Don't mind that fellow! I was so shocked to read the nonsense he put up in defense of Akume. Thanks for clearing the air. i
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by dedollarman(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2015
adetension:
::: I
need job if any nairalander can help me out this is
my num if you can call me may the lord help you as
you do your best in my life I study civil engineering
just ND any assistance I will be so greatful. Here are
my number 08108173717 $ 08074619932. GOD bless
you as you do
Which state do u reside
Re: Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning by BOLASB(m): 7:10am On May 23, 2015
midolian:
The Senate Minority Leader and front-line contender in the race for the Senate Presidency, Senator George Akume,  on Friday disagreed with the Pioneer National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress,  Chief Bisi Akande and a leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, over their declaration that zoning arrangement won’t be used to determine the next Senate President.

Akume, who spoke with journalists in his Abuja residence on Friday evening, maintained that the party,  before now, had adopted a zoning arrangement which favoured the emergence of the president of the 8th senate, from the North Central,  being his geopolitical zone.

Akande had, in an interview with The Punch earlier this week,  said the party would not employ the use of zoning to determine the next senate president and that  anybody was free to fight for the position.

He had said, “We want the best man to occupy the position. But the trouble is that some people have been talking about zoning and we are asking questions. Is it zoning according to nationality?

“Within the North-Central alone, there are so many nationalities. Is it zoning according to religion? So, we want to be very careful so that we don’t introduce into our system what had not been there before.”

“We want to be careful, otherwise, we won’t be able to produce the best. We are trying to select the best man. We don’t want to entertain what brought the PDP down.”

Also,  Tinubu, in an interview with journalists in Abuja on Thursday, said zoning will not be used to compromise the quality of leadership for the National Assembly adding that the party had decided to allow all those interested in the leadership of the federal parliament, to contest.

He had said,  “Merit will not be compromised. You have to be competent, you have to possess the kind of character, attributes of the leader. You have to be pan-Nigerian and be a very solid character to lead the National Assembly and that is what we are talking about.

“We would not use zoning to determine and compromise the credibility, the qualification of an individual. If you take zoning as discriminatory in some instances, you might compromise the quality of an individual. Let everybody aspire.”

But Akume insisted that zoning was part and parcel of the politics of Nigeria, arguing that Dr.Goodluck Jonathan became the  President of Nigeria as a result of zoning.

He said, “Even if zoning is not explicitly stated in the Constitution, there is always this letting to understanding that there must be fairness and balance in the occupation of strategic positions. We should not throw away zoning.

“In every zone, there are capable Nigerians that will hold their own in every endeavour. So, basically zoning is acceptable to me because it ensures stability. I have not heard from the party that they have jettisoned zoning.

“I remember, the last meeting we had, there was this issue that it has been zoned to North Central. I do not know it has been taken away because the party has not said they are taking it away but all I want to say is that the party made a comment on it.

“I am a faithful party man. I was part of the team that negotiated the merger of this party and I am also in the privilege position to talk about the dynamism of APC.”

Akume said there was nothing wrong with the North Central, and in particular, Benue State,   producing the Senate President all the time even as he argued that the North-West, has also, always produced the president of the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/senate-presidency-akume-disagrees-with-tinubu-akande-on-zoning/

Cc: Lalasticlala
Bukola saraki is the fittest senator for the job.Shikena

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough / National Assembly To Create 80 Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Obasanjo: Bad Belle Stopped Abiola From Becoming President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.