Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price (13799 Views)

Tecno L5 Miscellaneous Specs, Features & Price In Nigeria / Infinix Latest Release – Infinix Hot Note 2 (specs And Price) / Infinix Zero 2: The Next Hero (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by akinlolusewanu9(m): 1:56am On May 23, 2015
Infinix is set to release one of their most anticipated smartphone for 2015 - The Infinix Zero 2. Already marketing campaign is on-going on social media and other areas, there is little that is known of this smartphone's specifications and features until now and we have detailed it below.

Build and Dimensions
Infinix zero is a beautiful looking smartphone, one that was well designed and manufactured. It is square shaped, with great flush; more like the predecessor but with a thinner form factor. It has dimensions 140 x 70 x 6.7mm, and weighs 118g. Therefore, it is easy on the hand and doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact one hand operation is a breeze! Also, the back case of the Infinix Zero 2 is made of Kevlar, a super strong and lightweight material manufactured by DuPont in the US and usually used in making body armors.

Network and SIM
Infinix Zero 2 comes with a dual micro SIM card slot eliminating the need for two phones. The SIM slots are accessible by opening the back case. Even the internals of the device are beautifully and neatly arranged just like the Infinix Hot Note. . With Infinix Zero 2, both SIM card slots are always on standby and operational with the SIM slot 1 capable of 2G - 3.75G network while the SIM slot 2 only support 2G networks. In the network band department, the Infinix Zero 2 has network bands GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHZ and WCDMA 850/2100MHz which makes it possible for those outside Nigeria to use it on other foreign supported networks.

Screen, Display and Resolutions
Infinix is on a roller coaster these days when it comes to screen resolutions on theoir recent smartphones. The Infinix Zero 2 is a 5.0 inch smartphone with multitouch HD display. The display has resolutions 1280 x 720 pixels. To spice things, the Inifnix Zero introduced an AMOLED display for great screen viewing and low energy utilization plus a corning Gorilla Glass 3 added strength for the display.

Operating System and Processor
Infinix Zero 2 comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. This means that more than 1 billion apps on Google Play are ready to be used. Furthermore, those that own a smartwatch will be able to pair their smartwatch with their smartphone. Android 4.4.2 is very fluid and would give a very great android experience.
Not to forget the processor that will perform the duty of running the OS. Inside the Infinix Zero 2 is a MediaTek 6592 octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz and a MALI 450 MP4 GPU for graphic intensive videos and games.

RAM and Internal Memory
Who doesn't like a smartphone with a lot of RAM and internal memory? Well we do, and Infinix Zero 2 does good justice in this area. The Infinix Zero 2 aka X509 comes with 2GB RAM, a more than enough memory for running apps and extended multitasking. minimum Internal memory of 16GB is the defacto in the smartphone industry and Infinix X509 is living to that standard by being equipped with a 16GB internal memory. However in the event that there is no enough memory for those that use their smartphone as a file server, there is room to increase the memory to up to 32GB more by inserting a SD card in the SD card slot found in Infinix Zero 2.

Camera and Connectivity
The camera performances of recent Infinix smartphones are very commendable and Infinix Zero 2 builds on that performance. The Infinix Zero 2 comes with a 13 mega pixel AF back camera with features like auto-focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection. The back camera can take panorama shots and record videos in 60fps and 30fps on 720p and 1080p respectively. As shown in the image above, which was taken using the Zero 2, picture clarity is very magnificent. The back camera has a dedicated LED flashlight for taking images in low light environments. The front camera is a 5.0 megapixel camera with a 85 degree wide angle lens capable of producing excellent shots and high quality videos when making video calls.
In connectivity department, the usual Bluetooth v4.0, Micro USB 2.0 and USB OTG port are present but this time around, the WiFi chip now supports the WiFi protocols 802.11 a/b/g/n. No NFC chip on the device but the MediaTek alternative known as HotKNot is available on the device. We end by sayinng that the GPS and AGPS chip on the device is very efficient and accurate, displaying location withing seconds and very low power consumption.

Battery
The device comes with a non-removable battery with power rating 2300mAh. The battery is great for a basic user and will last through a day on a medium usage. Although, we would have loved Infinix to give us more power battery for this device, we will still say that for the price this device is being offered, the 2300mAh battery would suffice for most and if not, the power bank will come in handy.

Price
An officail price for this smartphone has not been announced yet but from the rumors we got from reliable sources, the Infinix Zero 2 will be sold for N25,000 - N28,000 and would be available for purchase from June 1st on Jumia and Konga websites, including retails stores like Slot and Micro Station.

Verdict
The Infinix Zero 2 is a great smartphone, receiving a very good compared to its predecessor in the camera, screen, and design department. Knowing Infinix as a company that releases great smartphones that are affordable, we give the Infinix Zero 2 a rating of 8.5/10 with respect to other smartphones in its price range.

What are your thoughts regarding the new Infinix Zero 2 aka X509? Drop them in the comments section and do not forget to Like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/phonegist.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Hamidicson42(m): 5:07am On May 23, 2015
[quote author=akinlolusewanu9 post=34012258]Infinix is set to release one of their most anticipated smartphone for 2015 - The Infinix Zero 2. Already marketing campaign is on-going on social media and other areas, there is little that is known of this smartphone's specifications and features until now and we have detailed it below.

Build and Dimensions
Infinix zero is a beautiful looking smartphone, one that was well designed and manufactured. It is square shaped, with great flush; more like the predecessor but with a thinner form factor. It has dimensions 140 x 70 x 6.7mm, and weighs 118g. Therefore, it is easy on the hand and doesn't feel heavy at all. In fact one hand operation is a breeze! Also, the back case of the Infinix Zero 2 is made of Kevlar, a super strong and lightweight material manufactured by DuPont in the US and usually used in making body armors.

Network and SIM
Infinix Zero 2 comes with a dual micro SIM card slot eliminating the need for two phones. The SIM slots are accessible by opening the back case. Even the internals of the device are beautifully and neatly arranged just like the Infinix Hot Note. . With Infinix Zero 2, both SIM card slots are always on standby and operational with the SIM slot 1 capable of 2G - 3.75G network while the SIM slot 2 only support 2G networks. In the network band department, the Infinix Zero 2 has network bands GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHZ and WCDMA 850/2100MHz which makes it possible for those outside Nigeria to use it on other foreign supported networks.

Screen, Display and Resolutions
Infinix is on a roller coaster these days when it comes to screen resolutions on theoir recent smartphones. The Infinix Zero 2 is a 5.0 inch smartphone with multitouch HD display. The display has resolutions 1280 x 720 pixels. To spice things, the Inifnix Zero introduced an AMOLED display for great screen viewing and low energy utilization plus a corning Gorilla Glass 3 added strength for the display.

Operating System and Processor
Infinix Zero 2 comes with Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system. This means that more than 1 billion apps on Google Play are ready to be used. Furthermore, those that own a smartwatch will be able to pair their smartwatch with their smartphone. Android 4.4.2 is very fluid and would give a very great android experience.
Not to forget the processor that will perform the duty of running the OS. Inside the Infinix Zero 2 is a MediaTek 6592 octa-core processor clocked at 2.0GHz and a MALI 450 MP4 GPU for graphic intensive videos and games.

RAM and Internal Memory
Who doesn't like a smartphone with a lot of RAM and internal memory? Well we do, and Infinix Zero 2 does good justice in this area. The Infinix Zero 2 aka X509 comes with 2GB RAM, a more than enough memory for running apps and extended multitasking. minimum Internal memory of 16GB is the defacto in the smartphone industry and Infinix X509 is living to that standard by being equipped with a 16GB internal memory. However in the event that there is no enough memory for those that use their smartphone as a file server, there is room to increase the memory to up to 32GB more by inserting a SD card in the SD card slot found in Infinix Zero 2.

Camera and Connectivity
The camera performances of recent Infinix smartphones are very commendable and Infinix Zero 2 builds on that performance. The Infinix Zero 2 comes with a 13 mega pixel AF back camera with features like auto-focus, geo-tagging, face and smile detection. The back camera can take panorama shots and record videos in 60fps and 30fps on 720p and 1080p respectively. As shown in the image above, which was taken using the Zero 2, picture clarity is very magnificent. The back camera has a dedicated LED flashlight for taking images in low light environments. The front camera is a 5.0 megapixel camera with a 85 degree wide angle lens capable of producing excellent shots and high quality videos when making video calls.
In connectivity department, the usual Bluetooth v4.0, Micro USB 2.0 and USB OTG port are hmm
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Hamidicson42(m): 5:08am On May 23, 2015
Hmm[quote author=Hamidicson42 post=34012925][/quote]
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Chuukwudi(m): 6:34am On May 23, 2015
bleeped up battery!

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by BluePearls(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2015
i wish they had included a 4000mah battery and a fingerprint scanner.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Flye: 7:25am On May 23, 2015
Even countries with stable and reliable power supply don't go for phones with bad battery capacity like this again, so why should Nigerians go for this useless phone. Well infinix users are used to extral weight of power bank.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by nanauju(f): 7:39am On May 23, 2015
Flye:
Even countries with stable and reliable power supply don't go for phones with bad battery capacity like this again, so why should Nigerians go for this useless phone. Well infinix users are used to extral weight of power bank.
Not for infinix hot note. The battery capacity is x2 of the phone mentioned above(4000)
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by BluePearls(m): 7:54am On May 23, 2015
Flye:

Are you sure of that? There 100s of phone being released everyday with that same specs, and folks with steady power supply still use em'
Maybe the numbers are dwindling, but users sometimes get attracted by other specs and not just battery capacity. Although i like the new trend of packing more juice on a phone.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Flye: 9:04am On May 23, 2015
BluePearls:

Are you sure of that? There 100s of phone being released everyday with that same specs, and folks with steady power supply still use em'
Maybe the numbers are dwindling, but users sometimes get attracted by other specs and not just battery capacity. Although i like the new trend of packing more juice on a phone.

My friend check all the great phones released by big manufacturers and upcoming manufacturers, they pack serious juice in fact most are average of 3000mah the few with 2000 +/- are for developing countries like Nigeria. If u read online review of most phones, u will read how people castigate phones with less than 3000 +mah and people macht it by avoiding such phones. Phones are like office or business centers today and no body want to be offiline by just a seconds for any reasons what so ever.
So packing low battery into phone is not acceptable for any reason in today's world.

2 Likes

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by BluePearls(m): 9:46am On May 23, 2015
Flye:

My friend check all the great phones released by big manufacturers and upcoming manufacturers, they pack serious juice in fact most are average of 3000mah the few with 2000 +/- are for developing countries like Nigeria. If u read online review of most phones, u will read how people castigate phones with less than 3000 +mah and people macht it by avoiding such phones. Phones are like office or business centers today and no body want to be offiline by just a seconds for any reasons what so ever.
So packing low battery into phone is not acceptable for any reason in today's world.

First off, you should have read what I typed. My argument is that phones with lesser battery mah are still made and even sold and used in international markets. My argument again, is not just about batteries, but these manufacturers can be so cunning by adding beautiful specs to attract buyers to phones with even lesser battery capacity. If they have to cut cost to attract buyers, then something has got to be sacrificed for it. Don't think every phone made with lower battery capacity are for African countries alone. You need to follow the trend now, these so called 1st world countries are beginning to realise that Chinese manufacturers can produce good enough phones to compete with high-end phones and may even do better. Everybody loves a phone with very high battery capacity and I am of the opinion that phones should pack high juice, but you can't say the ones with lower battery capacity are being totally ignored internationally. It all comes down to choice, specs and price. I've been following this website for quite some time (gizchina.com), if you haven't, ill suggest you do so, maybe then you'd understand where I'm coming from.
Oh! One last thing I hate it when people call me 'my friend', although it depends on the context which it was used. Its just like calling a Hausa man 'a.b.o.k.i', they don't like it if you ask them. Be careful on choice and use of words. Thanks.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Flye: 10:00am On May 23, 2015
BluePearls:

First off, you should have read what I typed. My argument is that phones with lesser battery mah are still made and even sold and used in international markets. My argument again, is not just about batteries, but these manufacturers can be so cunning by adding beautiful specs to attract buyers to phones with even lesser battery capacity. If they have to cut cost to attract buyers, then something has got to be sacrificed for it. Don't think every phone made with lower battery capacity are for African countries alone. You need to follow the trend now, these so called 1st world countries are beginning to realise that Chinese manufacturers can produce good enough phones to compete with high-end phones and may even do better. Everybody loves a phone with very high battery capacity and I am of the opinion that phones should pack high juice, but you can't say the ones with lower battery capacity are being totally ignored internationally. It all comes down to choice, specs and price. I've been following this website for quite some time (gizchina.com), if you haven't, ill suggest you do so, maybe then you'd understand where I'm coming from.
Oh! One last thing I hate it when people call me 'my friend', although it depends on the context which it was used. Its just like calling a Hausa man 'a.b.o.k.i', they don't like it if you ask them. Be careful on choice and use of words. Thanks.

May be u did not read where I wrote "they match it by avoiding such phones" that is why manufactureres also don't target advance market with such product. The statistic is there you can google to know better. Thanks.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by BluePearls(m): 10:20am On May 23, 2015
Flye:

May be u did not read where I wrote "they match it by avoiding such phones" that is why manufactureres also don't target advance market with such product. The statistic is there you can google to know better. Thanks.

We are saying the same thing, but in different ways.

Are phones with low battery good enough? NO, but that doesn't make them entirely bad.

Do African users and the world as a whole hate phones with low battery capacity? YES, don't we all hate it?

Do the manufacturers make them with African market In mind alone? NO, but if it gets shipped to International markets is an added bonus.

Does it mean international markets avoid phones with low batter capacity completely? Not entirely

What else could attract them to phones with low battery capacity? Price, specs, and sometimes choice.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by mrdrizzy(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2015
When people say over 1billiom apps on playstore,we will be like yay!! Thats some massive amount

den u enter playstore seeing lots clones and riddiculous virus packed apps dat dey add to d 1billion

mtscheew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by BluePearls(m): 10:27am On May 23, 2015
mrdrizzy:
When people say over 1billiom apps on playstore,we will be like yay!! Thats some massive amount

den u enter playstore seeing lots clones and riddiculous virus packed apps dat dey add to d 1billion

mtscheew

Not just virus, the security lapses nko?
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by mrdrizzy(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2015
Nawao.

Oga flye

ur argument are baseless,no offence u want an bigger ba3 2gb ram hd screen,corning glass 3,a faster octacore processor and a relatively cool design for that amount!??25000?

I dont know whats ya issue with d ba3 that size is gud enough for any fone it depends on how fully optimised the phone is?,afteral one of the biggest giant out there(sony xperia z3) battery size is 3000mah,and ppl still says it last well enough

if u need a bigger ba3 why not go ahead and join the gionee marathon league (m2-m4)

that size is gud enough for a 5inch screen
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by kinzation(m): 12:33pm On May 23, 2015
Not concerned by all these specs.of phone being released...rocking my Bold5 snce 2014
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by jayhk(m): 12:56pm On May 23, 2015
kinzation:
Not concerned by all these specs.of phone being released...rocking my Bold5 snce 2014
ur grandpa drop dat shii since 1945ad

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:14pm On May 23, 2015
i think the infinix zero 2 has 3000mah battery and not 2300mah as said.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Flye: 1:38pm On May 23, 2015
mrdrizzy:
Nawao.

Oga flye

ur argument are baseless,no offence u want an bigger ba3 2gb ram hd screen,corning glass 3,a faster octacore processor and a relatively cool design for that amount!??25000?

I dont know whats ya issue with d ba3 that size is gud enough for any fone it depends on how fully optimised the phone is?,afteral one of the biggest giant out there(sony xperia z3) battery size is 3000mah,and ppl still says it last well enough

if u need a bigger ba3 why not go ahead and join the gionee marathon league (m2-m4)

that size is gud enough for a 5inch screen

Do u read my post at all or you are one of the techno generation? If you did not, then u have to understand me that battery life can not be substituted for anything except if you are one of those who carries phone for phone sake.
What is the essence of having everything when u can't use it because of bad battery and a poor electricity supply, unless you are carrying ur phone for carrying sake but if phone is your mini office as it is today, then why have all those things without power to back it up.

Moral of the argument, most manufactureres has realized this and they don't make such bad mistake again except for countries like Nigeria and similar nation who don't really use gadget for its intended purpose other than to belong.
I will not be surprised if this phone is close to 3000mah because most and I repeat most manufacturers except yeye techno and similar company don't make such phones again.
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by mrdrizzy(m): 3:30pm On May 23, 2015
Flye:

Do u read my post at all or you are one of the techno generation? If you did not, then u have to understand me that battery life can not be substituted for anything except if you are one of those who carries phone for phone sake.
What is the essence of having everything when u can't use it because of bad battery and a poor electricity supply, unless you are carrying ur phone for carrying sake but if phone is your mini office as it is today, then why have all those things without power to back it up.

Moral of the argument, most manufactureres has realized this and they don't make such bad mistake again except for countries like Nigeria and similar nation who don't really use gadget for its intended purpose other than to belong.
I will not be surprised if this phone is close to 3000mah because most and I repeat most manufacturers except yeye techno and similar company don't make such phones again.
is tecno not a phone again!??

Why do u make tecno users inferior?

Dont u use small sense when typing,u keep writing epistles of irrelevant crap

moto x 3rd gen-2400mah

samsung galaxy alpha-1860mah

htc m8-2800mah

lg g3-3000mah
the phone mentioned are 2014/15 device

mr.know it all stop typing rubbish,just admit u have a beef with tecno and infinix we will understand

pls next time if u dont have anything to say rather dan embarrasing urself just keep it to urself and move on,its not by force to comment

nb:sowi for the harsh words,bt you just deserved it,i tried to play cool bt u had to go ahead an throw the 1st punch
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Flye: 4:30pm On May 23, 2015
mrdrizzy:
is tecno not a phone again!??

Why do u make tecno users inferior?

Dont u use small sense when typing,u keep writing epistles of irrelevant crap

moto x 3rd gen-2400mah

samsung galaxy alpha-1860mah

htc m8-2800mah

lg g3-3000mah
the phone mentioned are 2014/15 device

mr.know it all stop typing rubbish,just admit u have a beef with tecno and infinix we will understand

pls next time if u dont have anything to say rather dan embarrasing urself just keep it to urself and move on,its not by force to comment

nb:sowi for the harsh words,bt you just deserved it,i tried to play cool bt u had to go ahead an throw the 1st punch

First of all 3000+/- mah is the average battery capacity of any worthy phone that can serve a purpose of what u called smart phone and Lg g3, HTC m8 and moto x 3rd generation falls under that category.infact moto x 3rd gen is 3280mah not 2400mah has u have claim http://m.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_x_(3rd_gen)-7229.php u can click on this to see, only HTC m8 falls under the 3000mah- and it has power saving technology which helps it to match 3000+.

Only Samsung algha has such a shameful battery life which serious phone users can't buy I guess that is why few was shipped and it was country like Nigeria that bought the majority.

I still maintain that 2300mah is useless with thst spec, modern phone user and unreliable electricity supply in Nigeria except for "I want to belong users".

I also bet with you, this phone will come with 3000mah because manufactureres are wisers and users too are the same.

Lastly I don't have any beef for techno or infinix but they have to step up and produce reasonable phones not thrash that can't serve the purpose of modern communication because you have to go around with generator. Infinix even has little dignity and they have proved it in their last released phone.

1 Like

Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 23, 2015
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 23, 2015
Okay, Waiting patiently for the IMEI undecided
Re: Infinix Zero 2 Specs, Features And Price by Nobody: 8:47pm On May 23, 2015
So, what's the difference from infinix zero? Just battery? Thought its gonna have lollipop os

(1) (Reply)

Phone Repair Myths Debunked (A Must-read For All) / What Is The Difference Between Android One And Android Go Edition / NCC Warns Against ‘Yanluowang’ Malware, Urges Stronger Security Measures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.