Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,603 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program (1203 Views)

Best And Worst Stocks Of 2016 - Easykobo / Stock Market Investors Lose 1.032trn Due To Buhari's Slowness / Nigeria: Stock Market Rides On Elections Success, Gains N178 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program by yinka2011: 4:22am On May 23, 2015
May 23 (Lagos) - The Season 4 of the Nigerian stock market simulation competition was won by a player with the nick name ' HOLM '. Now it is time to reveal the person behind the nick name (that's his picture) and also see how he did it. Following is transcript of email interview with HOLM who is an architect and was getting a masters degree in the United States while he was competing in the Stock Trials and winning hands down.

Who is "HOLM" ?

My NAME IS OLUMIDE SOKABI. I Trained as an Architect, and worked as one in the city of Lagos, before earning a Masters Degree in Project Management in the US. I worked with Louis Berger, a Project Management firm involved in Major Infrastructure Project across the Globe. I am home in Nigeria at the moment.

How did you hear about Easykobo?

I have a strong passion for investment and i have allocated a lot of time daily to seek pockets of to investment education, tips, knowledge so its no surprise i found out about Easykobo during one of those online search. I believe it happened indirectly via a third party or trough one of your post on stockmarketnigeira.com or twitter. The game was brilliant for me in that, it offered a platform to horn my skills, and learn by putting my investment ideas and decision making skills to test.

How did you get such an amazing ROI in the stock trials? what stocks did you pick?

Few things stood out: There was no fear of failure cos there is nothing to loose, that alone provided the thrust to carefully analyzing prevailing information, data and market momentum and make bold choices. So, I keenly favored hot company news, market mood and momentum and lastly company fundamentals to make quick calls. Where my choices were great, i maximized the gains and quickly cut loses where i go wrong.

I did all these knowing i will have to repeat some of those steps with real money. My stock pick varies and changes at the speed of light, i took decisions quickly because new information and market updates come pretty qickly so, i learned alot form the experiences.

What advise do you have for young investors in Nigeria?

Our background knowledge and experiences in everyday life, events in the global and local community be it politics, economy, sports or commodities etc provide strong background knowledge to analyze specific stocks or the market at large. A clear example is the impact of these on the Nigerian Stock Market in 2014.

Also the Stock Market should always be understood for its primary role of capital formation to build, develop and support great business and not a place of ponzi scheme.

How do you see the stock market in the next 3-5 years.

While i have my concerns about the Nigerian State, I am bullish about the economy and the Stock Market. The easiest way to see where the stock market will be in 3-5 years is to look into the following:-

1. The growth in per-capital income and disposable income

2. The development and growth of the middle class

3. The youth component of our demography(potential consumers)

4. The change(increase) in the GDP size over the years.

5. The stock market as it is today, will be a fraction of its size in 3-7years.

So thats HOLM in his own words for you. We must also tell you that he never showed up to collect his prize in spite of our repeated attempts. That's just the kind of people that use the stock trials. Its not about the material prize here but about the invisible learning and education that is unparalleled and will stay with you forever. If you want to feel the Nigerian stock market without the financial risk we suggest you sign up for the Season 5 which will start soon.

Some serious stock investors like HOLM , INVESTEM LTD , 1HIMSELF , RAMJAS10, SUNNYDOUG, BADMUS , FEMI and maybe even NINJA will see you there.

May 23rd 2015.

Lagos, Nigeria

http://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=8916

Re: OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program by jauntty: 2:00pm On May 24, 2015
Impressive. I used EasyKobo over 6months before investing Real Cash, cus coming from a Medical background I had just PASSION for investments but not Knowledge. I have learnt a lot frm there n from NSEMPA

I recommend EasyKobo to everybody starting investment in the NSE.
Re: OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program by aigjoe(m): 7:32am On Jan 06, 2017
can you trade currency market?
Re: OLUMIDE SOKABI (PHOTO) Won The Easykobo Naija Stock Market Simulation Program by aigjoe(m): 7:36am On Jan 06, 2017
https://mobile.facebook.com/OWO-Capital-Company-LTD-936468283118643/?refid=17&ref=opera_speed_dial&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1290830624272929%3Atl_objid.1290830624272929%3Athid.100000380101231%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1485935999%3A491138056066906884&__tn__=C

(1) (Reply)

where can i get Branded Packing Nylon / Mathematics Meets Blockchain: Get Free Logarithm Token (LGR) Here / Need A Business Partner To Start A Training School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.