Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,972 members, 7,799,302 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex (6950 Views)

Mini Importers: Dhl/Fedex/ Ups/Ems/Nipost And Nigerian Customs Public Feedback / Price To Ship Documents From Nigeria To USA Via UPS, DHL, FEDEX / Bad Experience with FedEx US to Nigeria Courier Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex by zoomzu(f): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2009
Nairalander, below is the mail (scam) sent my box this morning. The reason why I pasted it here is for you guys out there to be cautious of scam mails like this. 419 at the highest level. My people beware!!!!!! so that you don't fall victim.

Flag this messageYOU HAVE A PACKAGE WITH FEDEX !!!Saturday, 7 February, 2009 1:16 AM
From: "Fedex Courier Nigeria ltd" <berenyvill.info@live.com>Add sender to Contacts To: undisclosed-recipientsDear Customer !!!

We have been waiting for you to contact us for your Confirmed Package that is registered with us for
shipping to your residential location.We thought that the sender gave you our contact details and that
you would have contacted us by now. We would also let you know that a letter is also attached to your
package.However, we cannot quote its content to you via E-mail for privacy reasons.

We understand that the content of your package itself is a Bank Draft worth $800,000.00 USD, in
FedEx we do not ship money in CASH or in CHEQUES but in Bank Drafts only.

The package is registered with us for mailing by your colleague, and your colleague explained that
he is from the United States but he is in Nigeria for a three (3) month Surveying Project. for he is working
with a consulting firm in Nigeria West Africa. We are sending you this E-mail because your package is
been registered on a Special Order.

What you have to do now, is to contact our Delivery Department for the immediate dispatch of
your package to your residential address.

Note that as soon as our Delivery Team confirms your information, it will only take us one working day
(24 hours) for your package to arrive at its designated destination.For your information, the VAT & Shipping
charges as well as Insurance fees have been paid by your colleague before your package was registered.

Note that the payment that is made on the Insurance, Premium & Clearance Certificates, are to certify that
the Bank Draft is not a Drug Affiliated Fund (DAF) neither is it funds to sponsor Terrorism in your country.
This will help you avoid any form of query from the Monetary Authority of your country.

However, you will have to pay a sum of $105 US Dollars to the FedEx Delivery Department for the Security
Keeping Fee of the FedEx company as stated in our privacy terms & condition page. Also be informed that
your colleague wished to pay for the Security Keeping charges, but we do not accept such payments
considering the facts that all items & packages registered with us has a time limitation and we cannot
accept payment not knowing when you will be picking up the package or even respond to us. So we
cannot take the risk to have accepted such payment in case of any possible demur rage.

Kindly note that your colleague did not leave us with any further information.We hope that you send your
response to us as soon as possible because if you fail to respond until the expiry date of the foremost
package, we may refer the package to the British Commission for Welfare as the package those not have
a return address.

Kindly contact the delivery department (FedEx Delivery Post) with the details given below:

FedEx Delivery Post
Contact Person: Mr. David Moore
fedex.courierniger022@live.com
Phone Number : +234-805-344-828-9
+234-805-344-828-9

Kindly complete the below form and send it to the email address given above.

This is mandatory to reconfirm your Postal address and telephone numbers.

FULL NAMES:
TELEPHONE:
POSTAL ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:

YOU ARE TO GET BACK TO US IMMEDIATELY, SO WE CAN ISSUE YOU DETAILS ON HOW YOU ARE
TO SEND THE MONEY FOR THE SECURITY KEEPING FEE OF $105 US DOLLARS.

Kindly complete the above form and submit it to the delivery manager on: fedex.courierniger022@live.com
As soon as your details are received, our delivery team will give you the necessary payment procedure so
that you can effect the payment for the Security Keeping Fees. As soon as they confirm your payment
receipt of $105 US Dollars.

They will not hesitate to dispatch your package as well as the attached letter to your residence. which
usually takes 24 hours being an over night delivery service.

Note: that we were not instructed to email you, but due to the high priority of your package we had to
inform you as your sender did not leave us with his phone number because he stated that he just arrived
Nigeria and he has not gotten a phone yet. We personally sealed your Bank

Draft and we found your email contact in the attached letter as the recipient of the foremost package.

Ensure to contact the delivery department with the email address given above and ensure to fill the above
form as well to enable a successful reconfirmation.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr James Wellington.
FedEx Online Team Management.
All rights reserved. © 1995-2009
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------
This E-mail is only for the above addressees. It may contain confidential or Privileged information.
If you are not an addressee you must not copy, distribute, disclose or use any of the information in
it or any attachments.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
FEDEX INTL>>>LICENCE OF FEDERAL EXPRESS CO-OPERATION.
Re: 419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex by UNLEASHED(m): 7:54pm On Feb 12, 2009
Only MUMU will fall!
Re: 419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex by Thadude(m): 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2009
Infact any body that falls for this is worst than mumu. That person is a long-throat!, ole as well.
First thing, are u expecting a package? Did u give fedex. ur email? do u have a track number to any package?,
Fedex, DHL, UPS they dont mail client. They expect u to come to their office cos they know the sender would have notified the receiver.
Re: 419 Mail - You Have A Package With Fedex by GotAnEmail: 9:04pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hello,

I got this exact email, except it was from Felicia Paul in stead of James Wellington. When I get an email I don't trust, I always google the first sentence and so I got to this forum.
Does anyone know how I would have gotten on the mailinglist of these frauds? Was it something I did online? Because I don't want to get any more of this kind of emails.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Supply Us Waste Pure Water Sachets / You Can Write Your Business Plan Yourself.Here Is A Free Template! / Never Lose Your Bet Slip Again Great Secrete Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.