Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) (7908 Views)

Confessions Of A FUNAAB Yahoo Yahoo Boy; The Tales Of Gbadebo / Tales Of Womanhood (series): Broken Tears / CASSOCK MESS (A Tale Of The Sons Of Belial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks all for keeping it lock down on Cassock mess series. Lest I forget, there is work in progress on making this story into screenplay. So don't be surprised, seeing it on set.
Cheers friends.

#NIFTYRULES Thanks all for keeping it lock down on Cassock mess series. Lest I forget, there is work in progress on making this story into screenplay. So don't be surprised, seeing it on set.
Cheers friends.

#NIFTYRULES
Thanks all for keeping it lock down on Cassock mess series. Lest I forget, there is work in progress on making this story into screenplay. So don't be surprised, seeing it on set.
Cheers friends.

#NIFTYRULES
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:58pm On Jul 08, 2015
Thanks all.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 4:20pm On Jul 08, 2015
Doctor Bran stood still. Dumbfounded at the sight of Mr Ajayi as he dialogue meekly with his son who sat at the bedside. Quite some good numbers of folks had called Doctor Bran an atheist, but often time he had corrected them that he was simply a conformist. The christian nurses who couldn't help but come over to have a view of the miracle done, stood through him, all bewildered too, waiting to see their boss's reaction. Their faces waited patiently with engraved eagerness to hear the statement he would utter. Had it been they had their way, they would have forced those words out of his mouth.
Still considering inspecting Mr Ajayi for a while before he could conclude it was a miracle. He gazed continuously at them as Mrs Ajayi also went to join the duo, relieved of the fright of her husband's miracle. Never for once had Doctor Bran mention 'God' in all of his twenty-five years of practise, but instead in some cases he had made use of the word 'supreme power'. Finally after some forty-five minute of dumb gestures towards the nurses, he eventually made the shocking statement.

"Well I can't really explain this, but it can only be God". The nurses who had worked with him for almost a decade and half were marvelled and won't believe their ears. Doctor Bran moved closer to Mr Ajayi brought his stetoscope from his neck on which it hung and confirmed his previous irregular breathing. And he said;
"No, this is strange and quite amazing".
Doctor Bran felt humbled. The miraculous deed done through Mathew confounded him and with lot of puzzled look still hanging over his face, he stared at him still confused.
Without wasting much time, Mathew lifted up his hands in worship, enjoining other folks in the ward to join him in praises.
At first there was a reluctant response from Doctor Bran who was yet staring all around. But in the twinkling of an eye as the worship proceed, he had joined them to sing songs of praises.

The hospital miracle led to the perfect conversion of Doctor Bran. Mr Ajayi on the other side acknowledged the Lordship of Jesus christ afresh likewise his wife Ashley who spoke in the Holyghost while Mathew ministered to her. The incidence of the miraculous deed done through Mathew soon spread all around amongst the pentecostal missions, anglican communion and Mathew's alma mata. Daily practices of the word and engagement with the spirit already distinguished Mathew amongst his peers in the theology.
Ashley and Tunji now live more happily than ever after with the grace of God that had find rooting in their family. Mr Ajayi had reconsidered his former zeal of evangelising to people around him, such that he had done way back in Nigeria. He did evangelism with passion and led more soul to Christ such that has never been done before by him ever since his birth.

the routine clean up on saturdays was something that is inevitable in the Ajayi's lineup of activities on a saturday morning. The fresh smell of chopped grass hover around the yard, traveling to every part of the building one can think of. Mr Ajayi had returned to his mower unbolt the deck and extracted the cake mound of grace accommodated on the deck. The finely chopped granules of grass on the mower's edge were also discovered at the secret place of refuge on the right edge of the mower where he hid themselves. Thorough inspection was done on the mower by Mr Ajayi before he finally certified it clean for his next use.
Mr Ajayi joined his wife and son on the dining table where they had sat to have their breakfast.
"I wonder what Nigeria will be like on this first visit of mine"
Umh you mean Nigeria Mr Ajayi asked? Of course, Nigeria is a great place to be. It is a country with great people who are always in a hurry every single day".
Mrs Ajayi and Mathew made an unrefined laughter at what Mr Ajayi had said. Still giggling, Mathew asked.
"How do you mean dad? Which part of Nigeria is notable for this"
"No other place son. Lagos of course".
"Umh I thought as much Mathew responded, that is the more reason i've got to be there come seven days time. I just can't wait to be in Nigeria".
"Just then that reminds me. Mr Ajayi said tapping his thumb finger. I've got to call home that am coming with you"
"And will you both leave me here all alone to simmer in loneliness". Mrs Ajayi said with a friendly frown and a dimple on the standby.
"Umh mum is right"
"well I just said that to tease you a bit. Mr Ajayi smiled and continued. It's gonna be a trip for the three of us. We're all hitting Nigeria at the same time on tuesday next week".
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:46am On Jul 10, 2015
Sup peeps, bear with as to the delay in my posting. I took ill and need to take some medications.

Thanks.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by RICKYMARIO(m): 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
Niftyrules:
Sup peeps, bear with as to the delay in my posting. I took ill and need to take some medications.

Thanks.
ndo o hope you are better now .

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 4:08pm On Jul 12, 2015
Thanks Ricki. I'm better now, am back TO work.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Akposb(m): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2015
Last update was cool, keep on doing your best. Let's see how u handle Nigeria.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:12pm On Jul 16, 2015
Akposb:
Last update was cool, keep on doing your best. Let's see how u handle Nigeria.
Lol. @Akposb Ahaah that commitment too much oh.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Akposb(m): 9:10pm On Jul 16, 2015
Niftyrules:
Lol. @Akposb Ahaah that commitment too much oh.
Nor fear we just wan hear better.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2015
Akposb:
Nor fear we just wan hear better.
ok no worry, I go sama una very soon.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by BeeCool15: 10:57pm On Jul 16, 2015
Great story! If you have a book published, you may want to enter for the Etisalat Prize for Literature.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2015
BeeCool15:
Great story! If you have a book published, you may want to enter for the Etisalat Prize for Literature.
Thanks Beecool, I think I will give that consideration.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:16am On Jul 24, 2015
Hello followers of Cassock mess. I'm sincerely sorry for the delay. I will be posting very soon today, lets say before afternoon.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2015
Mathew finally travel down to his father's source. What happen next? What was the previous expectations of Tunji's father? What is Mathew's fate? And how will he deal with the challenges ahead him?
A post to this effect, will come up in some few minutes.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 6:12am On Jul 26, 2015
Mathew sat at his study table with his left index finger on his cheek thinking. He turned on the lamp as if prepared to read. Seeing no book before him afterwards, he turned it off. Pondering on what he need do next after tidying up his room. Suddenly he ticked his thumb against his middle finger when he remembered he need get some cloths into his travel luggage after which he planned picking some books at the library. Within some minute tick, he made up his mind on the choices of cloths for his trip and soon rounded up. The Monday preceding the day for their scheduled flight to Nigeria was one good day for Mathew to get some literatures he would be reading while away on vacation.
'Four weeks stay in Nigeria will be a total waste if I'm not accompanied to Lagos with some good books Mathew said unconsciously'. Of all the libraries in Phoenix, Burton Barr was Mathew's preffered. Burton Barr central library was where he was told by the chief librarian at the seminary as the biggest library with the largest collection of christian literatures in America. The librarian went ahead to say, it was one of the library in the whole of America that had welcomed the largest guest readers. After picking an index card for each of the books he was looking for, he got them packed up into his bag, and picked up a journal which caught his interest.

'The travail of English missionaries on West African soil'.

Mathew read and soon, he was caught up imagining himself in Nigeria.

The joy of finally visiting Nigeria thrilled him more than any other thing. He had read volumes of books on missionary settlements, precolonial Nigeria and lots of journals on the subject of slavery and slave trading on the West African coast. The beautiful beaches, tourist attractions, museum artefact, slave trade settlements in Calabar enslaved his thought that he vowed to visit each of these places whenever he's on a visit to Nigeria. Browsing through the pages of his mind. He'd remenisced couple of them, visualizing them all one after the order. Speaking all alone to himself at the comfort of the library's cushion supported chair. Gently he said as calm as possible.
'Could it possibly be real that I'll be stepping on Nigeria soil after all my twenty years stay in America. Waoh tomorrow will be one of a great of a lifetime'.

About an hour of reading, Mathew signed a book exit note and attempted leaving for his home. His brown slingbag now filled with over five different theological and historical books, one of which was on the origin of Hellenistic philosophy. The excitement worn on his face was like one who had won a jackpot. Even while he wasn't smiling, there was yet some residues of dimples hanging around his cheeks.
After he had appended his tiny ruffled signature and was already enroute for home, a tender hand tapped once on his shoulder as he almost stepped on the library's exit.

"Hey buddy how you doing? Mathew turned around to see who it was. Shocked to see Evans, he shrilled like a baby, alerting other library users who were already immersed in their reading adventure.
"Great fam, but where on earth have you been? As evans was about replying Mathew who was too eager to hear from a longtime friend, a female library official emerged furiously upset. With a degree of politeness she said;
"Please mister, you're meant to remain silent here at Burton Barr"
"We're sorry please, Evans replied"
"It's okay, she immediately retreated".
Mathew and Evans walked down the coffee cafe that was down the street to have a discourse before going their separate ways.
While walking down the cafe together Evans said.
"Tell me Mathew, how is the seminary? I was told some couple of time by our colleagues that you wouldn't be able to pick up with the same level of intelligence you've got while in college"
"well, the Lord has been so great to me. I can boldly tell you my intelligence increases as the days unfold. Though most folks and even myself had thought the seminary only involves how to manage a church programme, read the bible and that's all. But I tell you buddy, it is more than what can be explained while standing here".
Offering Evans a seat, Mathew demanded that the cafe attendant offer them some coffee and croissant-doughnut.
"Waoh, that sound interesting. Tell me more about the seminary please Evans begged"
"I will Evans, but not until you tell me about you too".
"Well, Evans sighed and responded enthusiastically. I know you will love to hear this"
"sure, you tell it to my itching ears buddy".
"Ever since your valedictorian speech on our convocation ceremony, I can't really explain the strange panting I suddenly developed for anything Christ related. And I can tell you ever since you made that spirit filled emotionally speech of yours I'd given my life to Christ consciously".
"Oh the Lord is awesome, Mathew said smiling. I've always knew you're a potential tool for the Lord to use. I just don't know why, but while we were in college I sense there is more to your personality order than just being a student"
"Yes you're very right Mathew. I've joined the Chino valley outreach and her evangelism squad, and I can tell you, lots of souls had been won to Christ's fold over the fortnight I was selected to head the unit"
"Waoh you've really grown so big in christ over the couple of years we left. holding hands with Evans Mathew said, oh great is the faithfulness of our God"
"so what are you doing with all these books. Well I know you were actually going to devour them at home"
"yeah sure. I was actually going to devour them, but not here. I will be on a vacation alongside my family to Nigeria tomorrow".
"Waoh finally!
"Yes. It's been a longtime expectation that has been thought of and postponed, but this time we're just good to go".
"I'm just wishing you the best of time over there in Africa. My warmest regards to your parent too"
"Oh sure Evans, my regards to yours too. I will try schedule an opportunity like this for us to discuss better"
"Oh yes buddy, that is if the Lord tarry his coming"
"Oh sure, we've got to consider that too".
Mathew gave Evans a long hug for about some two minutes as if they've both met to live together. They shook hands once more and off, they went their separate ways. Evans headed North while Mathew took the eastside walkway.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 1:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Airbus A340-300 is one expensive airplane a middle class earner would hardly be able to afford due to its expensive price tag at which its ticket is purchased. The safety measures in Airbus A340-300 has been well kept up to the highest degree of aviation standard.
Mr Ajayi had purchased some first class tickets for himself, son and wife due to the long distance they will be traveling. His intention initially was to book the conventional, safe for the sake of his wife and son who will be stepping on the soil of Africa for the first time, he thought of making it an easy and unforgettable one for them.
Calmed and fully stretched out on the creamed colored airplane sofa Mr Ajayi gisted his family about Nigeria and most especially the fact that things must have really changed after some two decades and three years he left Nigeria for United states. The painting in the airplane was very much on point accompanied with some fresh smell of blackberry which had already rented the air in the plane. This thus had a ripple effect on their travelling ecstasy hereby causing a feeling of warmth all through the flight.

While on ground being a firstclass passenger, the Ajayis and some other notable celebrity had a
special check-in at the airport's security zones.
They enjoyed a firstclass complimentary ride in a white stretched Limousine.
All firstclass and business class apassengers enroute for Lagos had access to separate lounges while the former had more luxurious
amenities. They were made to board the
aircraft before other passengers did. Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are complimentary
and gourmet meals are usually served with a choice
of wine and dessert. Often these meals have been prepared by leading chefs and are served on
white linen table cloths with cutleries.
While the Ajayis exchanged pleasantries with James Randy a pop artiste onboard the flight enroute for Lagos, an air hostess approached them with a longlist of dessert they will prefer to have after they had taken a sumptuous meal of Avocado fresh and salad. Tall, elegant with a brightened narrow eyes and a wide hips she stepped into the cabin, catwakingly taking her time as she approaches the Ajayis first. Her pretty friendly smile will get any furious man to his right state of mind.
"At your service sir and Madam, what dessert will you love to have now. Turning to Mathew who was yet examining her unreserved smile she said.
Hello my friend, what dessert do you care for? Recovering from the gentle gaze on the hostess, and getting a final signal from her parent, Mrs Ajayi and Mathew finally chorused as if they'd rehearsed it before then.
''Calamansi Muffins and coffee will be fine"
"Oh great and you sir", referring to Mr Ajayi.
"My wife and kid had already spoken what we all want. I'm not excluded from their choice of dessert too"
The air Hostess was quite bewildered at such oneness from the family. She smiled back at the Ajayis, moving to the pop artiste who sat close to them.
"Sir what dessert will you prefer?
"All that the Ajayis chose is my choice too". Kind of confused at the pop star's response she said;
"You never bothered to ask what it is they chose. Who knows, it might not be your choice". While listening to them as they dialogue, James Randy replied incredibly.
"Who wouldn't wanna dine with a happy family like this. Ever since we got talking, they did everything with smiles and I tell you, this is the happiest family I have ever seen in the whole of America".

This final statement made by James Randy sent the air Hostess back to get the order completed. She went her way bewildered, giggling as she yet pondered on each of the words said during those short time she engaged in discourse with each of these firstclass client.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by RICKYMARIO(m): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
9ce one, am sure matthew cnt wait to get to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:12am On Aug 07, 2015
Wednesday

The weather was coldly felt accompanied by the fresh outpouring of the cool breezy moisture from a giant industrial airconditioner at the arrival lounge of Muritala Muhammed Airport.
"But Dad there is no much difference between Nigeria and America. Mathew said with sheer excitement
"So do you judge the whole of nigeria from here. He giggled and added. You're yet to see what Nigeria is really like"
Several foreigners who also came to Lagos on visit and some business, walked around with several travelling papers glued to their hands. A Nineteen year old british girl almost got weary after several attempt to communicate with an immigration officer who exchanged words with her.
"Can I have your passport please?
"Over he-re" she said stressing the last two letters and then stretched her british passport to the expectant immigration officer. He went through the passport details looked up to her eyes and asked,
"What is your name and where are you from?
"Abiholla Crispin from Shetland Islands
"
"i can hardly hear any of those words you said, save the word 'from', so can you please take it over again the immigration officer demanded
"okay, my name is Abi-holla Crispin from Shetland Islands
". After been unable to hear what she was saying, the officer replied.
"I don't think that tally with what you've got in this passport". Furiously, she looked into the officer's face and demanded an explanation for what she called an intentional delay.
"i don't understand what you're talking about here. I told you my name and you just sat there pretending as if I speak mystery. Tell me you want to delay me right? The furious expressions on her face attracted other immigration officer to the spot and two came to inquire from their colleague what the problem was.
"Hello young lady, how you doing?
"I'm ain't fine at all"
Turning to his colleague the senior officer seek to know what the problem was.
"What is the problem with her?
The officer stood up, saluted his superior and said.
"sir, I needed to verify her passport if she owns it but the name she was saying never tally with what is on the passport"
"Really? The superior officer asked. And then, over to the young lady he asked after he had collected her passport from the officer.
"please tell me your name and where you're from?
"Abiholla Crispin from Shetland Islands"
"Okay I heard your surname 'Crispin from Shetland Islands, but what is your first name please? Finally exhausted this time she said her name as slowly as possible.
'Abi-holla'. Looking at his junior colleague he giggled, codemixing English and Yoruba
"Ahaah, se Iwo o mope she was saying Abiola ni". The other officer who had accompanied the senior officer laughed and the former joined. Returning her passport to her the senior officer said smiling.
"We're very sorry for the unintentional delay. So please where are you going from here Abiola?
'Soruleri'
"oh you meant Surulere"
"Yeah" she responded excitedly
"Should someone show you how to get to Surulere or have you been there before?
"Thanks. Don't bother officer, my mum is coming to pick me up in a minute"
The scene amused Mathew so much that he laughed tears out of his eyes. Finally Tunji's eldest brother, a legal practitioner drove down his jeep to pick them all up.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Akposb(m): 8:02pm On Aug 07, 2015
Another beautiful update from a fine writer. Each update gets me asking for more. Praying for more grace and more ideas. Your research output is also wholesome.

Why don't you drop a synopsis of this work in the thread opened by Divepen.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:38pm On Aug 07, 2015
Akposb:
Another beautiful update from a fine writer. Each update gets me asking for more. Praying for more grace and more ideas. Your research output is also wholesome.

Why don't you drop a synopsis of this work in the thread opened by Divepen.
I'm humbled my brother. Thanks for always stopping by to give your encouragement. I've check it here www.nairaland.com/2496469/drop-synopsis-work-here#36553729
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 10:55pm On Aug 09, 2015
While in Barrister Kolade's car, Tunji said to Ashley in his bedroom-like voice.
"Ashley, I know you might find relating with my Yoruba folks difficult, but I want you to revert any question asked you in my dialect to me"
Ashley felt the sorry expression her hubby employed in driving home his point. His face grimaced a little bit, with some residues of words he might have forgotten to say.
"No.
"Never bother Tonji. You know it will be fun listening to your kinsfolk relate with me without any form of cordoning rope thought"
Yes you're right Ashley but I tell you, you really going to enjoy the African scenery and have real fun with our kinsmen" barrister Kolade replied.
6:05pm
At the far back seat, Mathew sat quiet extremely calm and gone in the spirit. His spiritual sensitivity suddenly popped up and he yoked up to intercede for someone who wasn't still clear about. His parent already knew when he is calm, then he is connecting with the spirit. With this understanding they thus let him be while he prays silently under his breath. Tunji's brother who knew not what was going on and why Mathew wouldn't want to speak said furiously.
"Isn't he our son, the one Ashley gave birth to? Or are you hiding something from me Tunji"
"Not at all egbon Tunji struggled to codemix. You know I told you he has been called into ministry and he just concluded his first two years in the seminary. So he can be in the spirit at times when he issue quiet like this"
Oh i see. That means we're having a prophet in the house. He paused took some breath and continued. And that reminds me, a prophesy came forth some three years ago while you were away in U.S that a prophet has risen amongst us. Surprised at this, Tunji said enthusiastically. "Tell me about it please"
"Yes the prophesy came forth from a clergyman I knew not from Adam. He just stood right before me and said;
[all italicize] Amongst your kinsfolk this day has risen a great prophet who shall be mightily used by the most high God and I tell you, his presence shall shook the world with signs and wonders which shall be wrought through him [italicize]. Left in complete awe with his mouth partly opened he stared at his brother with great surprise. Ashley in the same vein followed each of barrister Kolade's word and was short of words to say a phrase remembering that was when he gained admission into the seminary.
"God's too awesome the way he does his things I tell you big brother" Tunji said.
"You know I felt bad when you secretly left the soil of Nigeria after you were almost through with theology".
"I felt bad too bro after some few years and most especially after Mathew's yearning to respond to this call to ministry".

It was quite a long journey but an exhilarated moment. After Mathew was through praying out the burden sat up and gazed to see what was happening in the Lagos traffic.
Quite shocked, seeing young guys selling all manner of stuff in the traffic he said.
"Oh no Jesus! Isn't this is bizarre. Aren't they going to be knocked by these moving cars?
Tunji and his eldest brother laughed out loud, still keeping Ashley and Mathew in the dark. They had both expected some explanation as to why these guys had portrayed such a crazy zeal to sell their wares.
"Oh Mathew my son, you'll get to see more barrister Kolade added
Yes Ashley, Tunji seconded, this is just one of those things that makes you know you are in Lagos". And not before long, a stout dark guy was seen chasing a red jeep with loads of horse whips in his hands. Quickly, Mathew called his mum attention to it while Tunji alongside Kolade feasted on the poor guy. They all laughed simultaneously at such an humorous way to earn a living.
"This is Lagos my people. For some here, making a living is like saying you want to skin a Lion alive". At this statement again, Tunji's family laughed so hard that they were holding each other's hands.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
Update coming up in a short while... #Cassockmess
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Akposb(m): 6:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
Watch the typos bro.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Akposb:
Watch the typos bro.
I noticed it too. Thanks bro, my battery is flat now but will correct it later. Thanks for stopping by.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 5:31pm On Aug 15, 2015
Barrister Kolade accommodated Tunji's family simply because there were still some more spacious rooms vacant for them to stay. Tunji and Ashley both had a room while Mathew was made to occupy a single room all to himself. Each of the rooms accommodating Tunji's family were well furnished with state of the art musical and electronical equipments. The brand new air conditioner were fitted firmly to the wall and it blew gently the heat accommodated underneath their skin.

"Tunji, Ashley this is your room. Turning to Ashley he said. My wife, don't worry Bola my spouse will be joining you very soon to show you round the kitchen, if there be anything more you're going to need, you can just let me know. turning to Mathew, he smiled and ran his arm round his neck as he took him to his bedroom.
Here is your bedroom Mathew. Over there is a study table and a light with which you can study and pray"
"Oh thank you sir. We're so pleased to be here in Nigeria". Mathew loved the room on getting there. The window blinds were similar to what is obtainable in homes in the United states coupled with the same coloration it had with the wall fitted wardrobe. The floor was quite unique in that a large spread of red rug ran from the main entrance all through the whole house save the conveniences which wore a purple italian tile. Mathew test ran his bed, he pounced on it to check out its strength afterwhich he later left for the livingroom where his parent and barrister Kolade alongside his wife were already sitting discussing. The left edge of the sitting room was where the dinning was. Ashley sat alongside Bola examining a maternal a gown on her baby bump.

"My designer told me this is the trending clothing for expectant mothers. Trust me, it's really going to fit on you"
"Waoh it is lovely, I like the lace pattern on its neck region, coupled with the fact that it is my favourite colour, turquoise"
"Really! That is my colour too. As a matter of fact, back home i've got forty-five percent of my clothings in turquoise"
"Waoh! Interesting".
The distinct chattering continues and couple of times, the women giggled on a high pitch, thus attracting Tunji and his brother's attention who both gazed at them and wondered how they got talking after knowing each other for the first time.

At the men's end, barrister Kolade had narrated his ordeal to his uninformed brother who only knew his brother had a son before absconding to the united states.

"You see Olatunji, so many things happened to me while you were away in the white man's land. I tell you, so many turbulent waters tried sinking my ship"
"Is it that serious Tunji asked"
"Well it is. Somehow it is"
"So then, tell me about it. Tunji said relaxing his head on the sofa's headrest, sagging comfortably to hear him"
You know, it is a painful experience. He cleared his throat braced up, straightening his rumpled shirt and continued. After we had our first child Mowunmi, and in the fourth year after his birth when My wife took in for what we were expecting to be our second child, we experienced our first miscarriage.
"Miscarriage! Tunji repeated. Oh no really sorry about that. But we thank God your wife is now expectant. That means in three trimester time, we will be expecting another baby"
"and that is where the problem lies"
"problem! How? Tunji seems to be getting confused with the expression boldly written on his face. No Egbon ki le mean by that. He codemixed

Well the point is that, our eyes had cried bulging out over this ordeal of miscarriage for five times, and if this should happen the same way it has been happening, it shall make the sixth time"
"Oh no brother Tunji, it shall not happen the sixth time. God shall not permit it". Kolade cuts in.
"and why has He been permitting it all these while. Why has He let those offspring of mine who might have probably become doctor, engineer, pilot or even a lawyer like me pass away like that. For goodness sake what have I done wrong after many years on the bench. Who on earth have I offended?
No bro, you haven't offend anyone. All we need do is to support you with prayers. Remember the bible says; the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much, so lets put in more effort in our prayer"
"But do you still think God can answer my prayers?
"don't say that bro well I know the Lord that woke me up at the verge of death can do that"
"Woke you up at the verge of death. How do you mean? You mean you died?
"Yes I did?
So how come you woke up? Just as he was almost making up his response, the holyspirit ministered to Mathew where he sat.
'Tell your uncle he has done no wrong to deserve what he is going through, I only want to make him understand that my greatness can be proved beyond any scientific theory. Tell his wife to stop taking those drugs and start shopping for her new baby wares'
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by labaski(f): 11:45pm On Aug 15, 2015
i'm so in love wt dis story cos it's a big variance from what I usually read on dis section.. you're doing good niftyrules..
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
labaski:
i'm so in love wt dis story cos it's a big variance from what I usually read on dis section.. you're doing good niftyrules..

Oh many thanks dearie. You're awesome.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by handie(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2015
You're simply amazing. I'm happy I took time to take a sneak peek @ this story. Now, I'm totally in love with it. Keep up the good work brother..... Now, I'm following
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 8:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
handie:
You're simply amazing. I'm happy I took time to take a sneak peek @ this story. Now, I'm totally in love with it. Keep up the good work brother..... Now, I'm following
Thanks bro. I do appreciate the fact that you stopped by to read this piece. Thks bro.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by handie(m): 9:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Niftyrules:

Thanks bro. I do appreciate the fact that you stopped by to read this piece. Thks bro.
And now, I'm in love with it. Just don't deny me regular updates tho.

1 Like

Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by Niftyrules(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2015
handie:
And now, I'm in love with it. Just don't deny me regular updates tho.
God help me, I won't bro.
Re: Cassock Mess (Tales of the sons of Belial) by handie(m): 12:08pm On Aug 17, 2015
Niftyrules:
God help me, I won't bro.
bring it on then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"MOTIVATIONS FOR SUCCESS" BY TAYO DEMOLA: A Review / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is now married / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.