Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner (37073 Views)

Fayose: 83 Cows Killed Since I Advised Ekiti People To Poison Water / Iweala: My Mother Was Kidnapped Because I Advised GEJ To Remove Fuel Subsidy / Why I Advised My Son Not To Marry A Nigerian Woman-gov.oshiomhole's Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Nobody: 7:54am On May 23, 2015
I advised my son to marry a foreigner— Oshiomhole’s mother

IYAMHO community in Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo State became the envy of the Nigeria last Friday, May 15, 2015, when the Comrade Governor of Edo state, Adams Aliyu Eric Oshiomhole exchanged marital vows with his heartthrob, former Miss Iara Fortes, a lawyer from Cape Verde.

It would be recalled that Oshiomhole’s first wife, Clara lost the protracted battle with cancer on December 7, 2010, just two years after her husband became governor of Edo state.

Saturday Vanguard investigation showed that the governor shunned the idea of marrying Nigerian woman in order not to create crisis in his family.

[b]His mother, Hajia Aishetu told Vanguard that “I supported him to marry a foreigner so that the relationship between my son and his children will remain cordial. Our Nigerian women will go and destroy the family just because they want property.

“ That was the main reason I supported him to marry a foreigner when he told me about it. So I am happy about it. Besides, the new wife is a very good woman. She behaves like Comrades late wife.

Very accommodating, understanding and hard working. And you know my son travels a lot as a governor. He needs a woman who understands his work and that is the kind of wife he married. She is just like Clara. Normally, people spend two years or less before they marry again but Comrade decided to wait for five years due to the love he had for his late wife. And Clara was a good person, very lovely and nice to all of us. So we supported Comrade for taking time to re-marry because we loved Clara. Comrade and the former wife lived very happily, there was no quarrel, nothing at all and that was why he mourned for five years. I am happy that he brought a wife that will bring him and the children together”.

Also speaking, the traditional ruler of Iyamho community, HRH Bashiru Itameso, who equally is a cousin to the Comrade Governor, said “I was happy seeing him remarry. I am happy because I never wanted him to marry a Nigerian because our people are wicked. I prefer it that he married a foreigner. If he had married a Nigerian, in-laws will come and start troubling him. They will start tearing themselves apart for materials things and that will create serious problem between
Comrade and his children. We all supported him to marry a foreigner”.[/b]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/that-oshiomoles-wedding/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by oluwafemi113(m): 7:58am On May 23, 2015
I was here

Like Mother like Son

23 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Florblu(f): 7:59am On May 23, 2015
Toor.............
Haterz d mother said "she advised her son to marry Fortes"
Good reason....shey?

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by efilefun(m): 7:59am On May 23, 2015
chaiii MAMA osho no try but who cares her son made her proud already grin cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2015
one thing I have noticed is this: no human is not kind and caring to money...

no one, no matter how rich, will start dragging money on the floor and setting it ablaze so, she shld spare us the details and praises of how kind a woman appears to appear when the issue of money is concerned.

you go hear whennn...just wait till she divorce your son for being too ugly and sue him for half or even all of his properties, that is when u will knw dt chasing of properties by Nigerian ladies na child's play when compared to the foreigners.

bloody illiterate!

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by cleatoris: 8:13am On May 23, 2015
How can a traditional ruler make such derogatory statement about his people? That is very unkind of him.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by miraKUNLEus(m): 8:14am On May 23, 2015
"...because our people(NIGERIANS) are wicked." hmmm...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by delishpot: 8:29am On May 23, 2015
Na wa o. So does it mean there are no good women in naija?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by buskie13(m): 8:34am On May 23, 2015
Nigerian girls of these days too get virus.... so i no blame mama at all....
Osho baba surely knows how to grind....

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by sosanova: 8:45am On May 23, 2015
ladies come n defend ur selves...Oshiomole people say una naija ladies are too bad n materialistic...any way it is non of my business let me continue with my cold bottle of STAR this Saturday morning

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:47am On May 23, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
one thing I have noticed is this: no human is not kind and caring to money...

no one, no matter how rich, will start dragging money on the floor and setting it ablaze so, she shld spare us the details and praises of how kind a woman appears to appear when the issue of money is concerned.

you go hear whennn...just wait till she divorce your son for being too ugly and sue him for half or even all of his properties, that is when u will knw dt chasing of properties by Nigerian ladies na child's play when compared to the foreigners.

bloody illiterate!

Why the insult? Don't you have respect for elders? Don't you have mother? Will you take it lightly if someone talk to your mother the way you just did?
Yea she is a bloody illiterate, but she brought her son up in properly which, I doubt your literate mother can do.

95 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Sweetguy25: 8:48am On May 23, 2015
Ugly woman, ugly children, ugly mind.

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:56am On May 23, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Why the insult? Don't you have respect for elders? Don't you have mother? Will you take it lightly if someone talk to your mother the way you just did?
Yea she is a bloody illiterate, but she brought her son up in properly which, I doubt your literate mother can do.
and with your own response, how has your own parents brought you up?

so, it is fine for her to say Nigerian women run after properties...you be fool..because only an illiterate doesn't knw it is worse up there.

38 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Nobody: 9:00am On May 23, 2015
delishpot:
Na wa o. So does it mean there are no good women in naija?

Guy, in Naija the only thing that makes a woman to be good is money. cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Ikegift4real(m): 9:08am On May 23, 2015
if I hear. . . . . .
Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by BiafranMan: 9:17am On May 23, 2015
If not for money, nobody will even dare marry such person. Do i dare call him the most ugly man in the zoological republic or what?

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by honeric01(m): 9:25am On May 23, 2015
BiafranMan:
If not for money, nobody will even dare marry such person. Do i dare call him the most ugly man in the zoological republic or what?

You mean no "ugly" man without money is married? you need to start seeing.

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by RockMaxi: 9:34am On May 23, 2015

Mama with due respect to you, there are more than a million Nigerian women that will simply keep the relationship better and not run after your son's properties but whoever told you that a foreigner is better gave you a wrong advice. Comrade should write his will now or else when foreigner show her true self, you will hate her with all bitterness. angry

Respect to Nigerian mothers and wives .

67 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Bonapart(m): 10:35am On May 23, 2015
With all due respect ma you're greedy and selfish...
Just say you don't want outsiders to benefit from your son's wealth. Infact how much in laws go fit eat for governor money "the people's money"

Haba mama you selfish, greedy and wicked

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by SaiBuharii: 10:35am On May 23, 2015
Majority are opportunist.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Spaxon(f): 10:36am On May 23, 2015
the person below me tried to be a bit sensible

the one above me is clueless grin

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by freshness2020: 10:36am On May 23, 2015
lets stop the stereotyping....
..buh am seeing some sense in what she said. i no blame mama.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by Nobody: 10:37am On May 23, 2015
Abeg! make we hear word! too much ignorance in one topic.. angry

mtchewww

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by ibkgab001: 10:38am On May 23, 2015
Women see your life ... Against each order since BC1414

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by samx4real(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2015
Good for dem undecided
Re: Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner by BlackHuman(m): 10:38am On May 23, 2015
cleatoris:
How can a traditional ruler make such derogatory statement about his people? That is very unkind of him.
But what if that's the truth?...is it wrong to say what one feels is d truth?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is The Ajegunle CNN Won't Show You / Photos Of Dogara's Guest House In Abuja - Premium Times / Between Kemi Adeosun And Peter Obi On The Platform (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.