Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,696 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically (3096 Views)

If You Grew Up In A Christian Home And Never Had This Book... We No Be Mate! / I Refuse To Believe That Only 'Christians' Are Saved / Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Proximo73: 11:04am On May 24, 2015
To faith is a practical thing. You must work to show the you love God. Your faith alone is not enough to save you
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 11:06am On May 24, 2015
Proximo73:
To faith is a practical thing.
You must work to show the you love God.
Your faith alone is not enough to save you

The only practical thing to do in order to have faith is to lift up your eyes (this means to believe ).
Just like Moses lifted up the servant in the wilderness such that it only took the Jews to lift up their eyes for them to be saved, so was the son of man lifted at the cross, such that it will only take our believe to be saved.
i can tell you that it takes practically no work to believe but to believe, just like it take no work to lift up your eyes.
Therefore, we are saved by grace, which is our faith Christianity and not by works

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 11:20am On May 24, 2015
ojimbo:
no problem my dear and when other religion dies. he go straight to your own hell fire right?
lol,
i saw it in Bible.
i simply wish everybody should live again.
And my interaction to people remains possitive irrespective of their choice of religion. I even attend mosque to encourage some Muslim friends to remain in their faith, and remain a Christian by believing only
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 11:09am On May 25, 2015
Now that we are saved we do not have excuses anymore.
we cannot blame anybody for our failures,
we cannot blame juju, witchcraft, family house, etc.
we must take responsibility for everything that happen to us, be it bad or good.
no more church church and die by fire

1 Like

Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by flexybobo: 5:51pm On May 25, 2015
Iceflox:
Now that we are saved we do not have excuses anymore.
we cannot blame anybody for our failures,
we cannot blame juju, witchcraft, family house, etc.
we must take responsibility for everything that happen to us, be it bad or good.
no more church church and die by fire
that's true!
Christ has given us power to do and overcome..
But to overcome, we must learn first
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 2:55pm On May 26, 2015
i think God's reaction towards sinners is liberal.
Even the seemingly righteous christians are envious.
You don't mean it, after all the sin he commited, killing and robbing people, he till make heaven.
This is what they don't want to hear
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 12:26pm On Jul 26, 2015
Iceflox:
i think God's reaction towards sinners is liberal.
Even the seemingly righteous christians are envious.
You don't mean it, after all the sin he commited, killing and robbing people, he till make heaven.
This is what they don't want to hear

you know, things like this, you don't have choice but to accept
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by jentlguy: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2015
Because u were born into a Christian family doesn't mean u are SAVED

Do u think going to church everyday means u are SAVED.
Do u know who a Christian is.
Once saved doesn't mean already saved.

Not all that go to Church are Christians.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2015
jentlguy:
Because u were born into a Christian family doesn't mean u are SAVED

Do u think going to church everyday means u are SAVED.
Do u know who a Christian is.
Once saved doesn't mean already saved.

Not all that go to Church are Christians.
you are just talking from the way you feel.
God does not feel like that, he is merciful.
Thank God we have started feeling like God, and start practicing mercy to people.
Are you heart broken that murderers and fornicators are already in heaven?
There is nothing you can do to change that
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Iceflox(f): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2015
paxonel:
you know, things like this, you don't have choice but to accept
But personally, if you robb me and i catch you, you are dead
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by jentlguy: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2015
paxonel:

you are just talking from the way you feel.
God does not feel like that, he is merciful.
Thank God we have started feeling like God, and start practicing mercy to people.
Are you heart broken that murderers and fornicators are already in heaven?
There is nothing you can do to change that

No allow those PASTORS blind u. As u d talk i knw say na those Prosperity Gospel church u dey go.

U go continue to sin say u dey go heaven, u continue to sex ur babe, say u dey go heaven. God neva change nd him no go change because of US.

God is the most merciful and compassionate (he sent is only Begotten SON to die for us) and he is a Consuming Fire.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 8:15am On Jul 31, 2015
Iceflox:

But personally, if you robb me and i catch you, you are dead
that is the way i feel too.
that's why we are humans.
But thank God, God is not human like that.
the armed robber who robbed us can runaway from us, so that we will not kill him, and go to God for mercy
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2015
jentlguy:

No allow those PASTORS blind u. As u d talk i knw say na those Prosperity Gospel church u dey go.

U go continue to sin say u dey go heaven, u continue to sex ur babe, say u dey go heaven. God neva change nd him no go change because of US.

God is the most merciful and compassionate (he sent is only Begotten SON to die for us) and he is a Consuming Fire.
God na consuming fire, true. That one mean say, every sin where we commit here on earth we go suffer am.here on earth , and if we nor repent we go continue to suffer, because God na consuming fire .
that is why you see people dey suffer, na because of one sin where their parents don commit, like, their parents nor gree send them to school.
But to go heaven nor be whether you go school or not. To go heaven na for everybody where believe in Jesus. john 3:16.
And you know, the more you go school the less sin you commit.
na ignorance dey make people commit sin.
But because Jesus don come die, ignorance is not an excuse anymore, ignorance nor fit stop people from believing in Jesus and get saved
this one nor be prosperity message, this one na true
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by An2elect2(f): 11:21am On Jul 31, 2015
mtchewwwwww
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 31, 2015
OP, please I would like you to show us where is it written in the Bible that one should give his life to Christ?

paxonel:
When you hear people saying give your life to christ what are they trying to talk about?
to give your life to Christ and to repent from sin are two different things, christians mixed up these things and caused confusion for themselves.
while repentance from sin means to change from your bad ways which will never bring salvation, because even Muslims can repent too, To give your life to christ simply means to join christianity if you were a muslim or any other religion outside christianity.
salvation is Christianity or the Christian religion itself and not any other religion. Jesus is the founder of Christianity just like Muhammad founded islam and Abraham founded Judaism( the old covenant ) which God has rejected.
Therefore, Jesus is the only way to God, that means, Christianity is the only way to God, it is the only approved religion where men ought to worship in spirit and in truth. that means, all other religions that came long before Christianity came to earth including Judaism, were all thieves.
John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He(the high priest of every other religion, example, Abraham. Jesus is the high priest of Christianity ) that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold(through Christianity ), but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
And also
Matthew 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
This is simply saying,if any religion(example, muhammed ) that comes after Christianity has been established on earth, that disciples in Christianity should not believe in such religion but remain in their christian faith.
note: Christianity is our faith, without Christianity our faith it is impossible to please God. You must believe in Jesus, not in muhammed or Abraham or anything else.
Therefore, if you were born into a christian home you are saved.
Now that we are saved, our priority as christians is not to be going to church, our priority is to think of something good to better this world through love.
Love everybody alike, be it christians or Muslims or whatever.
our opinion is Christianity is the way because we were born into Christianity. Muslims says Islam is the way, because they were born into Islam, so is all the religions.
But opinion does not matter.
What you say does not matter ,what matter is what you do.
And what you should do is to love everybody alike irrespective of the religion.
currently, my brothers fiance is a Muslim and he love her so much, he intend to marry her but family problem arises.
To me, i will marry the Muslim i don't care, that's what i told him.
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
jeffucee10:
OP, please I would like you to show us where is it written in the Bible that one should give his life to Christ?

it is not stated like that anywhere in the bible. that one should give his life to Christ. But rather, it says, we should believe in Jesus Jesus for our eternal life.
john 3:16 ..But whosover believe should not perish.
The point is, it is for us to believe that's all.
But christians uses the phrase give your life to Christ, to compel believers to be devoted working either for religious leaders in church or to be morally upright
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 03, 2015
Then we should use the right word....Jesus gave his life to us and ask that we believe, accept and confess him as Lord and savior.

paxonel:

it is not stated like that anywhere in the bible. that one should give his life to Christ. But rather, it says, we should believe in Jesus Jesus for our eternal life.
john 3:16 ..But whosover believe should not perish.
The point is, it is for us to believe that's all.
But christians uses the phrase give your life to Christ, to compel believers to be devoted working either for religious leaders in church or to be morally upright
Re: If You Were Born Into A Christian Home You Are Saved Automatically by paxonel(m): 7:01am On Aug 05, 2015
jeffucee10:
Then we should use the right word....Jesus gave his life to us and ask that we believe, accept and confess him as Lord and savior.

exactly

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Lord Is Calling The University Of Lagos, Nigeria, To Repentance / Why Churches Are Very Useless / Why Are You Theistic, Atheistic Or Agnostic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.