Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:17 PM

The After Marriage Adjustment For Females - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The After Marriage Adjustment For Females (3264 Views)

Why Do Things Change After Marriage? / Woman Gives Birth To Twins 18 Years After Marriage. Photos / Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by lavatoz(f): 1:31pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

No need to keep arguing with her.

She's anti-feminist. Ignore and move on with your life.
Forgive me for bringing your name into the matter. I just had to mention you to drive my point from gear one to gear four cheesy
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 24, 2015
lavatoz:

Forgive me for bringing your name into the matter. I just had to mention you to drive my point from gear one to gear four cheesy
Read her posts to see many inconsistencies.

She use her life to compare other women.

Inconsistencies ranging from all women are the same financially, physically etc

2 Likes

Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by lavatoz(f): 2:01pm On May 24, 2015
FrancisTony:

Read her posts to see many inconsistencies.

She use her life to compare other women.

Inconsistencies ranging from all women are the same financially, physically etc
Don't mind her she's got issues she needs to take care of and she doesn't know it. I'll pray for her tongue

3 Likes

Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by MsBliss(f): 5:05pm On May 24, 2015
Are you shitting me ? Those advice are definitely for the feminists cos there is no way am doing all that .
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by KanwuliaJara: 6:08pm On May 24, 2015
Only for "females" in AFRICA! embarassed
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Ewuro4: 8:49pm On May 24, 2015
How about Males ? ( "All my wahala he has to put up with" ; hubby asked that grin)

Marriage change people's lives whether you like to admit or not. It's a whole new life compared to your single lifestyle.
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by dBard: 9:10pm On May 24, 2015
bukatyne:

@OP:

Goodday

These points should be settled before courtship

1. Your husband to be should be aware of your dreams before marriage and you both must agree with one another and be ready to align your dreams and aspirations. However, some dreams might be kept on a back burner till it is convenient to fulfill them. Some dreams might never the fulfilled either. Just as you shouldn't ignore your dreams for your husband, you should not ignore your husband for your dreams. Prioritizing properly in very important. Your husband also wanting to spend time with you is a symbol of love. sad

2. Modify your values: you shouldn't modify/change your core values. However your husband's personality especially his weaknesses would shape your values. It is called compromise .

3. Your husband should be pleased with your appearance before saying I do. The wife should also ensures she tries to maintain What the man loved initially. I know the lines are blurred and it is easier said than done.

4. It would be hard for a non-abusive husband to infringe on your personal space. You go to work/church/make your hair/one or two parties/visit your family/chat with your friends alone So How would he infringe on your space? I think the issue is more of couples not having ample time for each other. You actually send more time apart than together. It would be unwise for a wife to send the little time they should be together always galvanting.

5. As I said, you should know and study your man during courtship. Does he like a stupid woman? Intelligent one? Demi-semi intelligent? If you did your due diligence, This should up come up at all.

6. I also believe decisions should be mutual even though you let the person with the expertise make the decisions when There is conflict. It is also not possible for you to make devisions unilaterally even when it seems to concern you alone.

With proper courtship and genuine love from bothparties, these issues should not even crop up.

Also you seem to be ttalking from a defensive point of view towards marriage: you are anticipating battle ahead already.

Take it easy

Your post shows an understanding of marriage borne from experience and common sense.
Thank God for your corrections, cos this is the kind of posts that leads to issues in marriage, when one party is still trying to maintain their identity when the 2actually is 'To Become One'.
recipe f disaster.

Kudos t u ma.
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by bukatyne(f): 9:12pm On May 24, 2015
dBard:

Your post shows an understanding of marriage borne from experience and common sense.
Thank God for your corrections, cos this is the kind of posts that leads to issues in marriage, when one party is still trying to maintain their identity when the 2actually is 'To Become One'.
recipe f disaster.

Kudos t u ma.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Mintayo(m): 8:34am On May 25, 2015
Ewuro4:
How about Males ? ( "All my wahala he has to put up with" ; hubby asked that grin)

Marriage change people's lives whether you like to admit or not. It's a whole new life compared to your single lifestyle.

Please help me tell the Op.
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Ewuro4: 9:50pm On May 25, 2015
Mintayo:

Please help me tell the Op.

*Yawn* it's like beating a dead horse my dear. me me me mentality.

Even ordinary platonic friendship sometimes revolves around sacrifice. I have to cancel personal appointments to support my friends. Unless you want to be alone for the rest of your life then you're not obligated to go out of your way for anybody undecided
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Mintayo(m): 10:32pm On May 25, 2015
Ewuro4:

*Yawn* it's like beating a dead horse my dear. me me me mentality.

Even ordinary platonic friendship sometimes revolves around sacrifice. I have to cancel personal appointments to support my friends. Unless you want to be alone for the rest of your life then you're not obligated to go out of your way for anybody undecided
All relationship require some kind of sacrifice, one just need to apply wisdom! What's the point of being in a relationship when one is not willing to let go of somethings!
Re: The After Marriage Adjustment For Females by Ewuro4: 10:36pm On May 25, 2015
Mintayo:

All relationship require some kind of sacrifice, one just need to apply wisdom! What's the point of being in a relationship when one is not willing to let go of somethings!

I tire oh

(1) (2) (Reply)

gh / . / How Do I Show Him That I Like Him Genuinely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.