Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,861 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order (617 Views)

Driver And His Car Fall Into A Manhole In Owerri. Photos / Don't Fall For This White Handkerchief Trick By Kidnappers - AutoJoshNG / Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order by MagnaB: 1:08pm On May 23, 2015
3pm in a hot Tuesday afternoon my friend and I boarded a commercial vehicle as we were heading  for Ibadan the ancient city. We were lucky to have have gotten a bus that was almost filled and the whole process  went on fast and lo and behold we were set for the journey as it begun. 
A middle-aged woman gave the opening prayers as she sanctified   the journey by blessing it to be a smooth one. Some 5 minutes after the prayers the bus was to ascend above the steep highway and the unbelievable began as the bus could be seen vividly battling to overcome the steepness of the highway, this was when we knew we were in for long ride. Minutes after the bus overcame it's demons and started acting "like a normal  bus" as we all presumed, we encountered  a large ditch ahead of us on the road which means all drivers have to use their braking system to slow down and maneuver to the other side of the road, this further revealed that the  vehicle was suffering from bad braking too as the bus was close to ramming the car ahead of it. This made us all to scream in panic and yell at the driver (the African style) . This bad braking persisted as the bus kept moving but we just had faith that we would get to our various destinations peacefully. 
Just when we thought we had seen it all we were stopped by the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) as they demanded for the driver's licence and the particulars of the vehicle, this enlightened us to know that the driver had no licence and neither does his vehicle have particulars, the driver got busted as an officer entered into the vehicle and lead him to their nearest station down the highway. Immediately the tyres of the bus were deflated and he got charged for his offenses. The whole drama could be seen to have gotten to all the passengers in the vehicle as everyone started protesting both at the driver and the corps, the driver was later compelled to get us another means to get to our destination.  
The shocking and most unbelievable part of this experience was that after we all got into another vehicle and set out again it was revealed by some of the passengers that sat close to the previous  driver that the driver strategically positioned a dark magic ring on his lap as his means of escape peradventure the vehicle has an accident he would use it as his means of escape by teleporting (voodo) out of the bus leaving the other passengers to fate.
On hearing this shocker I was mute for several minutes trying to arrange the pieces of the puzzle in my head, it was until then that I started seeing a twist in the whole picture because assuming the driver was not busted by the officers who knows maybe the unexpected would have happened to several lives that day due to the driver's lackadaisical attitude to the state of his vehicle.  
This whole experience made me come to a conclusion that whoever God is protecting no man can harm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order by MagnaB: 7:10pm On May 23, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order by Nobody: 8:13am On May 24, 2015
The shocking and most unbelievable part of this experience was that after we all got into another vehicle and set out again it was revealed by some of the passengers that sat close to the previous driver that the driver strategically positioned a dark magic ring on his lap as his means of escape peradventure the vehicle has an accident he would use it as his means of escape by teleporting (voodo) out of the bus leaving the other passengers to fate
So some passengers saw that and still continued with the bus..
Thank God you are recounting the experience

1 Like

Re: When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order by izsmike: 1:06pm On May 24, 2015
I love the literature and the terrible adventure, am also happy it all didn't end in an everlasting torture

1 Like

Re: When Things Fall Apart But A Higher Power Restores Order by guttentag(m): 9:38pm On May 26, 2015
Story story

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders Living In Sharjah Uae...pls Kindly Fill Me In More Info Abt Sharjah / 9 Die In Road Accident Along Enugu- Abakaliki Road / How A Nairalander Spent The Independence Day Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.