Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,953 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:19 AM

French Open 2015 - Roland Garros - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French Open 2015 - Roland Garros (2523 Views)

Nadal Chase 10th French Open Title. Rome Champion Zvedev Fall In 1st Round / Novak Djokovic Sends Rafael Nadal Packing From Roland Garros / Rafael Nadal And Novak Djokovic Primed For Quarterfinal Clash At Roland Garros (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 11:12pm On May 23, 2015
Exciting Times!!
The second Grand Slam of the year gets underway tomorrow.

http://www.rolandgarros.com/en_FR/draws/index.html French Open Draws

Well, there it is folks. The long awaited French Open draw in all its glory. And it is not lacking any surprises, the biggest of which is Djokovic and Nadal being in the same quarter. The second biggest surprise is that Murray is in the same half as these two, leaving Federer with the best French Open draw he’s had in years.

You could not ask for a worse draw for Nadal. An indirect benefit is that it makes Federer alone at the cakewalk side. This is Fed’s best chance in years… Nole peaking, Murray undefeated in clay, hungry youngsters, all in Nadal"'s half. LOL. Top it off, zero MS1000 leading to French Open… Vamos! *fist pump* Rafa camp mUst be as anxious in years adding to the already mounting pressure.

Knowing how unpredictable “the curious case of Rafa”, he might still win a record 10th French Open, Crushing everyone in his path like he did in 2013 when he came back from 7 month hiatus and blitzed the entire ATP tour

If Federer is serious enough he should make it to the final

Nadal's career could be well and truly game over if he fails to bounce back at French Open. There’s a reason why He only has 450 points in later half of yr to defend… How many expect him to peak at the hard courts? Won’t happen.

Of course, with Rafa, you’ll never know. If it’s a fedal final, I’ll be screaming for fed all the way, but won’t be betting on fed. The psychological barrier would be too strong. But I so wish to be proven wrong if it really ends up a fedal final.

But still I think this is The Djokers Open.

I like Fed’s chances and always hoping that he adds to his GS tally. However, without God-mode I don’t think Fed stand a chance against Nole or this poor Nadal. Sorry, Murray fans… I don’t think Andy is at this club yet. Andy’s best chances will be at Wimbledon or US Open.

AS for the ladies anyone can win apart from the big butt

#teamdjokovic #teamTsonga #teamsharapova

May the best player win.
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by Roughfyzay(m): 5:02am On May 24, 2015
Nadal all the way
FTC!!!
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 6:55am On May 24, 2015
French Open....King of Clay,Nadal all the way though not looking so good at the moment but I just hope he extends his record cool
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by nyabinghi(m): 7:01am On May 24, 2015
Novak djokovic should win easy, my suPport goes to kei nihikori and rafael nadal
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 7:38am On May 24, 2015
This year’s French Open may be the single most important Grand Slam for the Fedal rivalry. If Nadal loses and Federer somehow wins the rivalry is over. If Nadal wins then I think it will push him towards breaking Federer’s record by next year. If Nadal loses and Djokovic wins then I think Djokovic replaces Nadal as Federer’s biggest threat to the All Time Grand Slam record. So all to play for here !!
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 24, 2015
Novak djokovic all the way, he's the man to beat right now. Rooting for Andy Murray all the same. Nadal who?
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 1:26pm On May 24, 2015
mystikal:
This year’s French Open may be the single most important Grand Slam for the Fedal rivalry. If Nadal loses and Federer somehow wins the rivalry is over. If Nadal wins then I think it will push him towards breaking Federer’s record by next year. If Nadal loses and Djokovic wins then I think Djokovic replaces Nadal as Federer’s biggest threat to the All Time Grand Slam record. So all to play for here !!

Federer's record is within reach(17),Nadal and Djokovic still got 3/4 active years ahead....at that, Nadal’s closer with 14 titles and age 29 while Djokovic at 28 with 10 titles
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by Santino1(m): 1:57pm On May 24, 2015
kliq:

Federer's record is within reach(17),Nadal and Djokovic still got 3/4 active years ahead....at that, Nadal’s closer with 14 titles and age 29 while Djokovic at 28 with 10 titles

I have been hearing that since 2012 when Federer won his last slam but guess what.......

The title is Novak's to lose. He's just unplayable at the moment.
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 2:05pm On May 24, 2015
Santino1:

I have been hearing that since 2012 when Federer won his last slam but guess what.......

The title is Novak's to lose. He's just unplayable at the moment.

If Federer can still be competing at 34 Nadal can get that far with less injuries,just 4 slams to that and with 4 slams yearly....Never say Never.....Nadal all the way
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by Santino1(m): 3:51pm On May 24, 2015
kliq:

If Federer can still be competing at 34 Nadal can get that far with less injuries,just 4 slams to that and with 4 slams yearly....Never say Never.....Nadal all the way

You don't really believe that, do you?
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 8:20pm On May 24, 2015
kliq:

Nadal is synonymous with injury. His career will always be punctuated with long injuries from now on
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 8:26pm On May 24, 2015
kliq:

Federer's record is within reach(17),Nadal and Djokovic still got 3/4 active years ahead[b][/b]....at that, Nadal’s closer with 14 titles and age 29 while Djokovic at 28 with 10 titles

This only means that these two will always stifle each other's record dream
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 8:30pm On May 24, 2015
.....meanwhile, Federer breezes through his first round.
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 8:51pm On May 24, 2015
Santino1:

You don't really believe that, do you?
I do smiley
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2015
mystikal:

This only means that these two will always stifle each other's record dream

Yeah yeah
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by kliq(m): 8:53pm On May 24, 2015
mystikal:

Nadal is synonymous with injury. His career will always be punctuated with long injuries from now on

Regardless he still ends up with at least a slam yearly
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 9:54pm On May 24, 2015
HE better wins this french Open, it remains his best chance at a slam this year grin
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 4:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
Federer has a relative "safe" draw and would be expected to reach the finals with the other draw containing all power house - Nadal, Murray, Djokovic (all through to the QF).

Federer however is not having it easy with country man Wawrinka who just broke him in the 2nd set to lead 4-3 after taking first set 6-4.

Mouthwatering clash between Djokovic and Nadal in the QF tomorrow. Djokovic would see this as his chance to complete his slam if he can take out a not-at-his-best Nadal who surprisingly has lost lots of games on the clay court this year. But we all know, the 'gladiator' of garros arena can never be written off.

Interesting tournament so far. Only downside is exit of my pwetty Maria cry
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 4:52pm On Jun 02, 2015
Fed down 2 sets, 4-6, 3-6 he's lost to Wawrinka.

Another RG end of road?
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 5:39pm On Jun 02, 2015
and Wawrinka dumps Fed in 3 straight sets...

6-4, 6-3, 7-6 to book a SF slot
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 11:30am On Jun 03, 2015
Nice try Federer. Nadal will join you soon.
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by mystikal(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2015
Gutted for Marsha.
Women tennis has always been unpredictable
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by Captainswag225(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
i hope novak djokovic takes it dis year to complete his career grandslam.
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 2:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
. . . its bout to go down.

Record VS Form
La Decima VS Career Slam
Nadal VS Djokovic

The final before the final. . . . . . lets go there!

#TeamNadal
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2015
Early break for Novak after taking his own serve comfortably. . . .leads 2-0 on 1st set
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
Really slow start. . . . . .not getting his serve and return right
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:05pm On Jun 03, 2015
Ruthless. . . . .2nd straight break and Noval goes 4-0 up against Nadal.

Woaw! shocked
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nadal gets a break of Novak and breathes a lil relief. . . .as he goes 1-4
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
Nadal really fighting back to get a second break on Novak. . . .2nd deuce now.

4-2, Novak still leads
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2015
And he breaks to go 4-3. . . .waow. . . .never say never with Nadal.

Now opportunity to take his serve and tie game back to 4-4.

Absolutely unbelievable!
Re: French Open 2015 - Roland Garros by coolguyz(m): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Seems Nadal is now in his strides, though not yet same old Nadal but he sure has turn the heat back on Novak.

From 0-4, he has tied the game at 4-4. . . .simply outstanding. That's the mental strength new generation players don't have. Never give up!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fix Matches / Who Will Win The Ballon D'or Tonight? (messi, Xavi Or Ronaldo?) / #who Will Win The Next World Best Player#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.