Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers (29148 Views)

Kachikwu, Others Worry As Fuel Marketers Halt Importation / Marketers Plan To Import Fuel Without Subsidy Payment / FG, Fuel Marketers Agree To End Fuel Scarcity Next Week. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by AdeniyiA(m): 7:24pm On May 24, 2015
Solozzo:
The simple story is that Jonathan had spent all the money on the election campaign and no more money to pay marketers. They now blame it on subsidy issues. How do you expect supplies when you owing them. Secondly too many ghost suppliers collecting millions without supplying fuels.

Solution is not to remove subsidy but a complete probe of the PMS supply and payment systems; revoke lice ces and prosecute and clean up the supply line. Then get foreign firms to build and run refineries at least ten in the next 8 years. Only foreign firms please. Nigerian govt will fail to maintain them and we back to square one.
exactly the crux of the matter

1 Like

Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by joseph1832(m): 7:57pm On May 24, 2015
Solozzo:
The simple story is that Jonathan had spent all the money on the election campaign and no more money to pay marketers. They now blame it on subsidy issues. How do you expect supplies when you owing them. Secondly too many ghost suppliers collecting millions without supplying fuels.

Solution is not to remove subsidy but a complete probe of the PMS supply and payment systems; revoke lice ces and prosecute and clean up the supply line. Then get foreign firms to build and run refineries at least ten in the next 8 years. Only foreign firms please. Nigerian govt will fail to maintain them and we back to square one.
Really bro I honestly feel like buying you one bottle of Heineken for this post.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by PhockPhockMan: 8:12pm On May 24, 2015
[s]
MORNDEW:

Amen. I gave you a like for this. I used to wonder the kind of reasoning the likes of barcanista, phockphockman abi na lashlash man, severusnape abi na several snake who constantly asked us to continue with the directionless, clueless and inhuman Government. Till i leave this forum i wont forget them for their skewed support of mediocrity becos of groundnut and peanut. Not forgetting the one dat goes by Tit. Dat one na boy we dey claim gal. May God serve them all they wished this nation.
[/s]
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by MORNDEW(m): 8:47pm On May 24, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
your name dey rili affect you.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by Gynacologist(m): 11:26pm On May 24, 2015
otokx:
Truth is bitter, remove the subsidy and regulate the price after agreeing on the exchange rate to use.
tro mo light on ds xchange rate cos i dnt get it....
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by adconline(m): 8:20am On May 25, 2015
IcecoldDon:

You keep saying this as though everybody then against subsidy removal were fools or didn't have tangible economic and historical reasons for being against the removal.
Partial removal was accomplished with promise of using it to resuscitate the refineries. Even an attempt of this would have been most welcome....yet nothing, not a single bloody thing was done for 6 years to put them back on stream.
we had high crude prices for over 2 years that could also have been pumped into maintaining the whole system was embezzled.
You heap the blame on the people for wanting to eat their cake and have it without taking into consideration the historical and acute lack of trust and accountability between them and their leaders who expect them to take hits for them without any proof that it would actually be worth it.
Don't mind him!
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by VolvoS60(m): 11:37am On May 25, 2015
IcecoldDon:

You keep saying this as though everybody then against subsidy removal were fools or didn't have tangible economic and historical reasons for being against the removal.
Partial removal was accomplished with promise of using it to resuscitate the refineries. Even an attempt of this would have been most welcome....yet nothing, not a single bloody thing was done for 6 years to put them back on stream.
we had high crude prices for over 2 years that could also have been pumped into maintaining the whole system was embezzled.
You heap the blame on the people for wanting to eat their cake and have it without taking into consideration the historical and acute lack of trust and accountability between them and their leaders who expect them to take hits for them without any proof that it would actually be worth it.

^^^^
Well said. I agree with some key points you have made.

Nigerians definitely do not want the current arrangement where importers are feeding fat of the system - of course the so-called subsidy on foreign fuel has to go. But the question of local production and refining has NOT been answered and this is where the opportunism of the FG has become so glaring. There are absolutely no guarantees that private local production and refining will take off as claimed by our government people here.
Re: We Have No Money To Import Fuel — Marketers by joeyarticles: 10:19am On Apr 16, 2016
Please they should do us a favour and name those behind this fuel scarcity........ Mbok! am tire paying huge sum to get to my PPA
http://www.prestnaija.com/fuel-marketers-will-expose-behind-fuel-scarcity-conditions/

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mubashiru Abiola Is Dead (MKO Abiola's Younger Brother) / Mahmoud Halilu, Aisha Buhari’s Brother's Governorship Aspiration In Adamawa... / Makinde: I Won’t Comply With S'court Judgement On Sacked LG Chairs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.