Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage (740 Views)

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / APC Begs Senate To Approve Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request / ‘Refusal to Approve N15.37bn Loans Behind Oshiomhole’s Tirade Against Okonjo-Iwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Xplicitunechi(m): 6:21am On May 24, 2015
Ireland became the first
nation to approve same-sex marriage
by a popular vote, sweeping aside the
opposition of the Roman Catholic
Church in a resounding victory
Saturday for the gay rights movement
and placing the country at the
vanguard of social change.

With the final ballots counted, the
vote was 62 percent in favor of
legalizing same-sex marriage , and 38
percent opposed.

The turnout was large — more than
60 percent of the 3.2 million eligible
voters cast ballots, and only one
district out of 43 voted the measure
down. Cheers broke out among the
crowd of supporters who had
gathered in the courtyard of Dublin
Castle when Returning Officer Riona
Ni Fhlanghaile announced around 7
p.m. that the ballot had passed,
1,201,607 votes to 734,300.

SOURCE : NEW YORK TIMES
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/24/world/europe/ireland-gay-marriage-referendum.html?smid=tw-nytimes&_r=0&referrer=
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Sealeddeal(m): 6:25am On May 24, 2015
this is not just a vote to legalize gay marriage.it is as well,a vote for liberty.

1 Like

Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Young03(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2015
Na them know
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by kazmanbanjoko(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2015
Even animal dont do same sex. I dont understand why homo sapiens will have to do so. Animals are better than some people. I sweer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Xslaze3xd(m): 6:32am On May 24, 2015
Nai means half of the country be gay........ Stupiddddddd People

1 Like

Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by TI1919(m): 6:35am On May 24, 2015
grin
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Nobody: 6:44am On May 24, 2015
Whatever rock their boat
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by babyfaceafrica: 6:49am On May 24, 2015
The evils of democracy,when will people be free from this bondage called same sex mariage...God is really patient!!!!
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by frankman365(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2015
They brought slave trade just to destroy the already developing Africa. When slave trade was gone they brought colonialism. The colonialists are partially gone, they brought in D(evil)emocracy which was to pave way to Homosexulity. After Homo what next? They are up to something. Only God will help us.
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Nobody: 7:17am On May 24, 2015
I see the Lord coming very very soon. With molten fire!
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Tallesty1(m): 7:30am On May 24, 2015
The guys there should start getting anal insurance asaply. Imagine being raped by ur fellow man.

The world is crazy indeed.
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Chienex24(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
Even animal dont do same sex. I dont understand why homo sapiens will have to do so. Animals are better than some people. I sweer.
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Gozzzy(m): 8:22am On May 24, 2015
Sealeddeal:
this is not just a vote to legalize gay marriage.it is as well,a vote for liberty.
Make thunder drink alomo, come fire you!!!!!!! Baastard!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Saifullah01: 8:33am On May 24, 2015
In a country where abortion is illegal yet they legalize homosexuality. What a creed-confused country
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Sealeddeal(m): 8:41am On May 24, 2015
Gozzzy:

Make thunder drink alomo, come fire you!!!!!!! Baastard!!!!!!!!!
you dont have sense at all.
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Sealeddeal(m): 8:44am On May 24, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
nobody forces anybody to be gay. Its a choice of some people. If you dont like it,thats acceptable but its unacceptable for you to stop others from making their choice. Liberty must be!
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Sealeddeal(m): 8:47am On May 24, 2015
frankman365:
They brought slave trade just to destroy the already developing Africa. When slave trade was gone they brought colonialism. The colonialists are partially gone, they brought in D(evil)emocracy which was to pave way to Homosexulity. After Homo what next? They are up to something. Only God will help us.
when will God do that? A society led by religious creed is a society of evil. Liberty must be and it must be brought by men.
Re: Ireland Votes To Approve Gay Marriage by Gozzzy(m): 11:05am On May 24, 2015
Sealeddeal:
you dont have sense at all.
Make thunder seal that your useless nyashh, make I see as you go take disgrace humanity again!!!!!! Bloody homo, dat deserve to be killed gradually with a razor blade!!!!!!! Homo!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Stay At Home If You Don't Have An IV To The Inauguration -APC / Photos Of Buhari When He Was Sworn In 1983 And In 2015 / Photos From Inside The Exclusive Heads Of State Lunch With Pres. Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.