Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,539 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:03 PM

Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel (946 Views)

Emirates Airline Celebrates The April Fool's Day With This Insane Jet / Emirates Airline Suspends Its 2nd Daily Flight From Nigeria To Dubai / Trekking From Accra To Lagos for IDPs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by 27naira(m): 7:37am On May 24, 2015
The scarcity of refined Petroleum Products is really biting hard on all businesses in Nigeria including airlines that fly the Nigeria route.
I visited Nigeria for a few days and experienced the difficulty and hardship that the unavailability of PMS and Diesel has meted out on Nigerians. Domestic flights were cancelled, no fuel for Gen set, GSM network disruptions you name it.
The possibility that the economy may grind to a halt is real, very real. In the next couple of days if nothing changes, most international flights to Nigeria may be cancelled by operator airlines. On my way back to where I live, Emirates had to make an expensive stop over at Accra to buy fuel, the irony is that operational depots in Accra is majorly owned by Nigerians.
I think the solution to this embarrassing development is for the Govt to balance her subsidy accounts with the Petroleum Marketers and subsequently remove all form of petroleum subsidy and price equalisation schemes. Let the government revive our refineries and build new ones or allow private investors to do so. We Nigerians have been scorned enough!

Re: Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by politricks: 7:43am On May 24, 2015
Is this what Tanoids would have given us for the next 4 years. 5 days is like 5 years in my eyes now.
Re: Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by Nobody: 7:47am On May 24, 2015
The youth are part of the reason for Nigerian problems ..banging anyhow ...dnt you know overpopulation comes with inflation ...quote me and perish ...PDP POWER
Re: Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by juniormusa(m): 7:53am On May 24, 2015
No doubt this present administration wants to cause shame to the giant of Africa..My major problem is this weak president GEJ is not saying anything about it..God is watching all of them in 3D!
Re: Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by 27naira(m): 7:55am On May 24, 2015
danielconstant:
The youth are also part of reason for Nigerian problems ..banging anyhow ...dnt you know overpopulation comes with inflation ...

I think both matters are not related. There is no way you can blame the youths for this. The fact that for past decades, we have not been able to achieve self sufficiency and meet out energy needs domestically tells the world that our economy is dysfunctional. All it takes is for an angry cabal to pull the plug and Africa number 1 economy will come crashing. MTN and other network providers are threatened, airlines are threatened, radio and TV stations are threatened even hospitals. How ridiculous! If this crap is sustained for another week, the fragile nature of our shambolic economy will be exposed. You will see
Re: Emirates Airline Now Stops At Accra To Buy Aviation Fuel by 27naira(m): 1:45pm On May 24, 2015
Wahala dey o

(1) (Reply)

Five Errors To Avoid When Booking Flight / Accident At Ikorodu Road Involving Lag Bus And Tats Bus / Document I Want To Submit For Canada TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.