Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:01 PM

Check Out This Mosque!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Check Out This Mosque!! (1914 Views)

Christians Allow Muslims To Pray Inside Church After Mosque's Closure / Christian Nigerian Lady Visits Mosque In Abu Dhabi (Photos) / Should Churches And Mosque Be Made To Pay Tax To Boost Nigeria's Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 9:26am On May 24, 2015
http://ilmfeed.com/this-mosque-looks-like-its-from-another-planet/

This Mosque looks like it’s from another planet but in fact, it’s located in Qatar’s Education City.

From outside it looks like as if it’s a space ship which has just landed

And its minarets rise high into the air slanted towards Makkah – the direction of prayer for Muslims worldwide.

The courtyard

The courtyard in the centre of the Masjid is decorated with calligraphy and geometric patterns.

Pillars
The mosque has five pillars which represent the five pillars of Islam around which four streams flow. The four streams represent the four rivers in heaven – of wine, milk, honey and water.

Inside, there are prayer facilities for men below and spaces for women in the gallery above – the Mosque has a capacity of 1,800 people. Qur’anic verses line the centre of the ceiling which lead to the Mihrab – a feature that is found in traditional Mosque designs

Lighting kiss
A unique feature is the lighting which are emitted from triangular openings of different sizes. For worshipers, it is as though they are praying under the stars!

The Mihrab features a golden texture and a Qur’anic ayah which translates as:

“So turn your face toward al-Masjid al-Haram. And wherever you [believers] are, turn your faces toward it [in prayer].” 2:144

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 9:27am On May 24, 2015
Popular arguments against grand mosques is how the money spent could have fed the world's poor. I share in the sentiments but cant but appreciate the architectural masterpiece.

Drop your comments, if you have any. Make them reasonable. grin
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by johnydon22(m): 9:47am On May 24, 2015
Oh my goodness, this is a wonderful architectural wonder... No doubt one of the best of our time.. A majestic piece of modern day architecture... I love this piece a lot..

But i still cannot help but share the sentiment of channelling the billions buried in this into feeding the poor and needy, well who am i to dictate what people do with their money...

But really, this building is wonderful...

3 Likes

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by SalC: 11:59am On May 24, 2015
This is just too beautiful I must confess

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Chimarto: 12:24pm On May 24, 2015
Worshiping the moon and star is allowed inside
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 24, 2015
Chimarto:
Worshiping the moon and star is allowed inside
Be reasonable.
If we worship d moon and star, we will say that's what we worship. Is it possible that we would not be proud of our God?

Once again, be reasonable. Islam is a monotheistic religion. We worship the true, one God(Allah) and nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by cyrilgroove: 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
Exquisite work of architecture, the detailing is impeccable, the design is mind blowing

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 24, 2015
Would have made a beautiful library

2 Likes

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 11:34am On May 26, 2015
DProDG:
Would have made a beautiful library

Why Library?
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 26, 2015
Yadoctora:

Why Library?

You might say I'm taking jabs at Islam but I think a library is more practical and productive.

Nonetheless, it's beautiful but makes me worry about the slave labour employed.
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 1:08pm On May 26, 2015
DProDG:

You might say I'm taking jabs at Islam but I think a library is more practical and productive.

Would you worry less about the labour if it is a library?
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by onetrack(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2015
Impressive building. Some of the most beautiful buildings ever built were for religious purposes.

Yeah, one could argue that the money could be better spent elsewhere. However, most of the old grand buildings that we consider to be priceless treasures today were built upon the backs of the poor and suffering (Versailles, the Vatican, the Forbidden Palace, various buildings in the Middle East), but I'm glad we have them today.
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 26, 2015
Yadoctora:
Would you worry less about the labour if it is a library?

Lol, of course not. I only mentioned that because of the M.E's notoriousity when it comes to slave labour and the current controversies surrounding Qatar and the 2022 world cup.
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 3:38pm On May 26, 2015
DProDG:

Most mosques have attached libraries..and true, a library can be more productive since u need to learn before practice.

But then, learning without practice is vain. But even neither needs that much fancy.
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 26, 2015
onetrack:
Impressive building. Some of the most beautiful buildings ever built were for religious purposes.

Yeah, one could argue that the money could be better spent elsewhere. However, most of the old grand buildings that we consider to be priceless treasures today were built upon the backs of the poor and suffering (Versailles, the Vatican, the Forbidden Palace, various buildings in the Middle East), but I'm glad we have them today.
True. I also like monuments
Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Rilwayne001: 6:00pm On May 26, 2015
Woowwww shocked
This is just too beautiful.
Lalasticlala, this thread deserved to be on fp nahh

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by dalaman: 6:20pm On May 26, 2015
WOW!!!! What an architectural masterpiece.

1 Like

Re: Check Out This Mosque!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 29, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Woowwww shocked

This is just too beautiful.

Lalasticlala, this thread deserved to be on fp nahh
True

(1) (Reply)

If You Believe GOD Loves ALL, Look At This (pix) / Counter Thread To "5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists" / A Message For Those Who Still Deceive Themselves Believing In Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.