Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,128 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans (32179 Views)

New Codes For Checking Your Current Call Tariff Plans On All Network / UPDATED: Cheapest Tariff Plans For Calls & SMS Across All Networks / NCC Halts Mtn’s New TruTalk+ Tariff Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by iscom(m): 9:48am On May 24, 2015
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), at the weekend, ordered MTN Nigeria Communications to stop implementing its new tariff plan called MTN TruTalk+ or face serious sanctions.

The NCC, the telecoms industry regulator, said it did not grant approval for the promo, which is already running.

The Commission also barred MTN from further advertisement of such service in the print, electronic media or its websites.

In a letter dated May 19, 2015 with ref No NCC/MTN/18/15 and signed by the Head, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement, Mr. Efosa Idehen and Head, Legal and Regulatory Services, Mrs. Yetunde Akinloye, the Commission said the records of the Commission showed that the operator has no approval of the regulatory authority before embarking on the new promotional tariff plan.

According to the Commission, its Compliance Unit revealed that the new tariff with daily access fee of N5, allows subscribers to call all networks at 11k/sec and N20k/sec to UK, USA, India, Canada and China.

The Commission’s investigations showed that MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd has already configured this tariff plan on their network and has therefore implemented same without the appropriate regulatory approval. It said the action contravenes section 108 (1) of the Nigeria Communications Act 2003.

“Consequent upon the above, the Commission thereby directs MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd to immediately discontinue this Tariff Plan and all associated advertisements regarding same or otherwise face regulatory sanctions accordingly” NCC said in a statement.

The NCC had initiated this action in fulfilment of its mandate under section 89 of NCC Act 2003 having carried out a compliance check on the recently introduced MTN Nigeria Limited TruTalk+ Tariff Plan.

Following the compliance check, it was confirmed that MTN Nigeria is currently advertising a Tariff Plan called MTN TruTalk+ in the print and electronic media. The NCC investigations showed that MTN Nigeria has already configured this tariff plan on its network and has therefore implemented same, the statement further said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ncc-stops-mtn-s-new-tariff-plans/210187/
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Whizpeter(m): 9:54am On May 24, 2015
It's long overdue
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by doublewisdom: 10:11am On May 24, 2015
While they are on it MTN should stop all these yeye messages they disturb me with.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by segunjowo(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2015
are they just waking up after two weeks?
crazy NCC.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Hotdiamond(m): 10:26am On May 24, 2015
MTN too dey copy.
I no get fuel for nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by kullozone(m): 10:38am On May 24, 2015
All am saying is for this stoopid network to stop sending me all these unecessary text msgs..

I receive nothing less than 120 msgs each day.

please,why me

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by stevolinkon40: 10:40am On May 24, 2015
MTN HAS STOPPED THE PLAN ALREADY. I HOPE THEY WONT STOP THE UNLIMITED NIGHT BROWSING ON IPULSE TOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by beinstein(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2015
Hehehe when i saw the part the commission says "without the appropriate regulatory approval" i knew NCC are only on the lookout to be bribed as usual , nothing else. Apparently fighting for themselves.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by eraly(m): 11:00am On May 24, 2015
stevolinkon40:
MTN HAS STOPPED THE PLAN ALREADY. I HOPE THEY WONT STOP THE[b] UNLIMITED NIGHT BROWSING ON IPULSE[/b] TOO

av u tried d bolded bro? is it true?
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by iscom(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2015
MTN MUST GO. WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU PARKING.

1 Like

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Elslim: 11:28am On May 24, 2015
useless NCC... na now una wake abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Emperortj93(m): 12:05pm On May 24, 2015
Elslim:
useless NCC... na now una wake abi
very useless indeed

i wish our beloved president elect would fry all their arse

useless bunch

3 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Ishilove: 1:12pm On May 24, 2015
iscom:
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has halted MTN Nigeria Communications from implementation of a tariff plan called MTN TruTalk+ or face serious sanctions as the regulator said it did not give any approval for such service. The Commission also barred MTN from further advertisement of such service in the print, electronic media or its websites.
The Commission in a letter dated May 19, 2015 with ref No NCC/MTN/18/15 and signed by the Head, Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement, Mr. Efosa Idehen and Head, Legal and Regulatory Services, Mrs. Yetunde Akinloye, said the records of the Commission shows that the operator has no approval of the regulatory authority before embarking on the new promotional tariff plan.
The Commission said that its Compliance Unit revealed that the new tariff with daily access fee of N5, allows subscribers to call all networks at 11k/sec and N20k/sec to UK, USA, India, Canada and China.
“The Commission’s investigations showed that MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd has already configured this tariff plan on their network and has therefore implemented same” without the appropriate regulatory approval. It said the action contravenes section 108 (1) of the Nigeria Communications Act 2003.
“Consequent upon the above, the Commission thereby directs MTN Nigeria Communications Ltd to immediately discontinue this Tariff Plan and all associated advertisements regarding same or otherwise face regulatory sanctions accordingly” it said.
The NCC has initiated this action in fulfilment of its mandate under section 89 of NCC Act 2003 having carried out a compliance check on the recently introduced MTN Nigeria Limited TruTalk+ Tariff Plan.
Following the compliance check, it was confirmed that MTN Nigeria is currently advertising a Tariff Plan called MTN TruTalk+ in the print and electronic media. The NCC investigations showed that MTN Nigeria has already configured this Tariff Plan on its network and has therefore implemented same.
Source?
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Nobody: 1:19pm On May 24, 2015
grin
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by chumakk: 1:35pm On May 24, 2015
I don't understand. Pls someone very kind hearted explain to me what NCC will achieve from this ban

16 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by ITbomb(m): 1:39pm On May 24, 2015
In other words, mtn no settle ground or deliver the normal free credit to NCC people before dey do am.

Yeye NCC

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Felixjude(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2015
like seriously... why the ban?? and peeps are even hailing NCC here. The new plan is basically a kind of tariff reduction, though following the etisalat easy life plan....this is simply what competition brings to the market and MTN, known for overly extorting Nigerians over the years are trying to remain relevant by doing the needful.
My point therefore is that the NCC should focus on the more important aspect of regulations, such as ensuring quality of service, clarity of voice call, price control an general check.... rather than jumping to stop a mere tariff reduction which Nigerians truly deserve.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by tegak10: 2:52pm On May 24, 2015
kullozone:
All am saying is for this stoopid network to stop sending me all these unecessary text msgs..

I receive nothing less than 120 msgs each day.

please,why me
Send stop to 33111

1 Like

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by snadguy007(m): 2:58pm On May 24, 2015
Don't know who is useless between MTN and NCC. I've never being in support of MTN before but i support them on this.
Why can't NCC just allow us enjoy this tarrif reduction Very useless people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by CaptainJune: 3:10pm On May 24, 2015
Before I comment, where is the source?
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 24, 2015
Great...

1. How far with DSTv undecided
2. When are they refunding our excess undecided

4 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 24, 2015
Which kind yeyetic moderator dey dis forum wen dey delete post on per second billing. An immature way of hiding relevant information by being bias haba! Am sure dis one will be deleted as well to confirm what I said earlier on. In any case, NCC abeg leave MTN alone with the tariff reduction since una dey ginger competition. It is we the customers that benefit or suffer from these policies. NCC to be honest with you that is if your agent are here, your a bit bias at times. You said that MTN and GLO should stop family and friends yet Glo continued after the threat. Immediately MTN came up with True Talk and True Talk Plus plans,you immediately sent this to them haba! Why punish one and leave the other unpunished. I applauded the bans on promos and all these "calling certain numbers" at a specific rate, why this threat? Just talk say una want bribe that's all instead of all this grammar. When customers lay complain about solicited sms and calls from service providers and the way the charge for services that we didn't subcribe for, what have done about that? Why are you laying emphasis on calls and not data? Why is data cheap in Kenya inspite of their power problem but ours is different?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Segadem(m): 7:52pm On May 24, 2015
Felixjude:
like seriously... why the ban?? and peeps are even hailing NCC here. The new plan is basically a kind of tariff reduction, though following the etisalat easy life plan....this is simply what competition brings to the market and MTN, known for overly extorting Nigerians over the years are trying to remain relevant by doing the needful.
My point therefore is that the NCC should focus on the more important aspect of regulations, such as ensuring quality of service, clarity of voice call, price control an general check.... rather than jumping to stop a mere tariff reduction which Nigerians truly deserve.
I don't know which side or whose interest the NCC is fighting for?
Nigeria Corruption Company(NCC).

10 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Macmilla(m): 8:35pm On May 24, 2015
beinstein:
Hehehe when i saw the part the commission says "without the appropriate regulatory approval" i knew NCC are only on the lookout to be bribed as usual , nothing else. Apparently fighting for themselves.
Exactly my thoughts.

3 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by feldido(m): 10:44pm On May 24, 2015
Seriously speaking, are those guys(NCC) on crack? Why ban a tariff that's of benefit to the masses? Be like say MTN no won roger like normal.

6 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Nobody: 1:43am On May 25, 2015
iscom:
MTN MUST GO. WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU PARKING.

Y must you say so?
Is inhumane...
Live and let live please...
If you ain't comfortable with their service kindly break your sim...
Some one else needs their services here...

2 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by hunkydory(m): 4:56am On May 25, 2015
NCC should strive to protect telecoms consumers.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by UnknownT: 10:18am On May 25, 2015
I am on that plan but for like 3 days now, I haven't called anybody and each morning they always deduct the #5 daily fee. The promo is a good one, what NCC should do IMO is to tell MTN to refund subscribers the daily access fee charged on the days the subscribers never made any call at the end of the month

1 Like

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by adesegun121(m): 10:18am On May 25, 2015
MTN...most terrorist Network

dem don dey terrorise 9ja since 1999 AD..

Awon criminal oshi...

1 Like

Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Nobody: 10:18am On May 25, 2015
NICE
Re: NCC Halts Mtn’s New Tariff Plans by Pavore9: 10:19am On May 25, 2015
It seems MTN did not 'wet ground'.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Most Used Phone in Nigeria 2014 ... / New Smartphones Expected To Be Released Early 2017 / Motorola Unveils The Motorola P30, A Copycat Of The Iphone X (Specs And Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.