Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,874 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:39 AM

If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It (26004 Views)

'I Know It's A Sin, Yet I Fall Into It Everytime' / If Weed Plant Is From God Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It / If Jesus Is Equal With God Then How Do U Explain 1 Corinthians 15:28? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by jimmy101231(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
philusaau:
IF U SEE UR BUS DRIVER TAKING WEED, WILL U TRAVEL WITH HIM DAT MOMENT?
See talk ooo I smoke weed at the same time driving for so many times with friends that don't even smoke

2 Likes

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Superman11(m): 9:58pm On May 24, 2015
podosci:
Smoking weed is not sin, there is no part of the bible that said smoking weed is a sin
Weed intoxicate has much has alcohol, so if the bible allows alcohol, logically it should also allow weed
But In ISlam the Quran forbids alcohol, and any substance that intoxicates or changes the state of mind of an individual, therefore logically smoking weed would be a sin. Althou people interprete that differently and so some musllims smoke while other don't.
I am not a theist, therefore I am not bound by any Religious laws, therefore I am free to do what I feel is right and what dosnt break the human laws of the land

logically hhahahahah when you come online and type plenty things and make people read and laugh it changes the state of mind of an individual ,therefore logically it might be a sin. hahahaha ALthough people interpret that differently some people type and say plenty things while others don't. I am not bound by Nairaland laws. Therefore i will type and post till my fingers turn red.
your comment is Nice made me laugh really this evening . thanks for posting ..i will follow you .

1 Like

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by DaBullIT(m): 10:02pm On May 24, 2015
nwadiuko1:
no be only delta even kastina

Wetin
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by rrhostomy(m): 10:02pm On May 24, 2015
Its a mad mad world that we're living in. Gat to keep your head up high and don't give in. Don't you let one day go by without praising the most high cuz its the only way we ever will survive. Be true to thy soul. Smoke the wisdom herb. Eat better. Live a happy life. Be free. Shine your eyes brethren. Iwah

2 Likes

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 24, 2015
rrhostomy:
Its a mad mad world that we're living in. Gat to keep your head up high and don't give in. Don't you let one day go by without praising the most high cuz its the only way we ever will survive. Be true to thy soul. Smoke the wisdom herb. Eat better. Live a happy life. Be free. Shine your eyes brethren. Iwah
y

If only u were saying d truth abt hw u feel deep down.Mtcheww
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by mooremedia: 10:06pm On May 24, 2015
podosci:
so if the bible allows alcohol, logically it should also allow weed
please which bible did you read....is it the same bible that says alcohol is a mocker of men in proverbs 20 vs 1.
I'd really like to know.
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
ZYZZA:
Why drink and drive when u can smoke and fly grin

lol, hahaba, this got me rolling,

smoke and fly

your royal "highness"
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by pet2ten(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
The same God created poison,why do u avoid it?....the same God created snakes,why do u flee when confronted with a cobranna God created every every...both Good n bad....he also gave us mind to choose between Good n Bad....have I answered ur question?
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Uncletony(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
Weed is not good for ur lung!!. Stop ok
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by omojeesu(m): 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
God created weed and more. Each created thing has its usefulness when used appropriately. Problem is what is appropriate? This is where research comes in. Weed smoking is unhealthy and potentially addictive. However, science is gradually unlocking its value for medical management including for cancer. May be sooner than later we will have it in oral or injectable forms for managing some diseases.
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by denitro(m): 10:14pm On May 24, 2015
For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things.
Bitter fruits must exist side by side to sweet fruits
Plants that are good and those that are bad.

If not righteousness nor wickedness cannot be brought to pass.
Man is an agent unto himself to be enticed by one or the other.
Either he is enticed by the good or the bad..

Reasoning: A and B pass a wrap of weed.
A walks pass not enticed by it
B approaches it and takes the weed.
Our actions can lead us on paths leading to life or destruction....

That is the way God works.
The tree of knowledge of good and evil placed in opposition to the tree of life

1 Like

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 10:34pm On May 24, 2015
abbey621:
Smoking weed is not a Sin but can be dangerous to your health and doing anything which causes harm to you or any other person is a sin. Confused? Well don't be! Let me explain, as humans we have different tolerance levels. Some people are able to smoke weed and behave normal while weed can cause neurological disorders in some people. I have seen people behave very violently due to excessive weed, in fact 80% of mental patients lost their sanity due to drug related issues. Then comes the professional aspect, see in advanced countries such as the USA, before you can be employed at a professional job you have to undergo a drug test, testing positive on a urine test can and will automatically disqualify you. So all in all, you have to do what's best for you. You have to weigh the Pros and Cons in order to determine if taking weed is really worth it!

This is one of the logic Bible referenced answers so far...does that means, you agree that it is not a sin, if taken in moderation?

Though you point to sport organizations, who ban some of these stuff. I do not know, if we can use them as yardsticks for biblical precedent. There are many things they allow that are not necessarily godly.
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by simonsayz: 10:35pm On May 24, 2015
See how would you like to smoke some weed girl See how would you like to smoke some weed girl Me have some Marijuana in a me house that i would like to smoke with you How would you like to smoke some weed See how would you like to smoke some weed Me have some Marijuana in a me house that i would like to smoke with you
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by iamborokini(m): 10:36pm On May 24, 2015
Smoke the weed, it was created by good for all things is bright and wonderfully created by God
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 10:36pm On May 24, 2015
fpeter:
So God created humans and gave them sexual organs..
He also wired us to respond to the urges but then is fornication a sin....You should know the answer to your question.

I think, the OP's point is, the Bible explicitly said fornication is a sin, despite the fact that God created the organs and our natural biological chemistries that gives raise to these urges...but there is no such restriction against weed.

1 Like

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Nobody: 10:37pm On May 24, 2015
It's not a sin to take it. Is it a sin for typically to have sex? No.... Just that when you Abuse it by having it forcefully on someone or with an illegal person then it becomes morally wrong. And as an aside, I don't think the Abuse of weed is a sin, it's Just illegal and improper to society.....
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by oweniwe(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Since Lion is from God, why didn't go and hug one? undecided

grin
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by Megateq(m): 10:45pm On May 24, 2015
enilove:
It is not every tree and leaf that are eatable . Some are for human consumption some for animals and some for beautifying .

Not all animals are for eating , as we know ,so also the plants.

The fact that God created something does not mean we should misuse it .

Your comment make sense, thanks
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 10:50pm On May 24, 2015
KENNSAMMY:
The question is, is it proper and not deadly to inject smoke Then if injection of smoke is capable of damaging any organ in there (it can also kill slowly) - why should you deem it fit

And how does it make people behave when they inject it They sleep all day - when eaten and not smoked...

A boy after smoke small quantity ran mad!!!

Another one started calling down evil on her niece while the aunty was there, -- ran the family into trouble before they realized he was actually under influence. ...

Numerous other cases ranging from addiction, rape, and other thinkable heineous crimes.

What about the smell on those who are addicted
The Bible book of 1Korintians admonishes us to abstain from defilement of the flesh and spirit. Temple of God...is what ur body is

One vital point you raised is the one relating to, how others will perceive Christians, if they smoke. We all agree that, it is not sin to smoke it in moderation or cook and eat it. But by putting knowledge and freedom to use, we might cause another brother/sister who does not have this knowledge or level of faith to stumble and commit sin or hinder the spread of the gospel as people will tend to recoil away from is, when they perceive that odor during our attempt to evangelize them.

It become a sin to us, if our knowledge causes a brother to sin or hinders to spread of the gospel. As Paul put it, if eating meat will make my brother stumble, I will not eat meat again.

2 Likes

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by ChukChinCol(m): 11:04pm On May 24, 2015
Trouser na sin b4...its just a matter of tym d coast will be clear enof 4u 2 puff till ur liver sore.
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 11:05pm On May 24, 2015
byrron:

Is there any part of the bible that forbids man from eating man? ( cannibalism).

The bible was not designed to spell everything out for Christians that is why God infused reasoning in man so he can make good judgement.

And what made you think cannibalism is a sin? Yes, it is immoral, disgusting, repulsive, etc...but as long as you did not kill or cause the death of that individual, strictly looking at it with a full knowledge of the Bible that says the man without the soul is nothing, it is not sin.

In essence, from the scriptures; there is no aota of difference between a dead human being and a dead animal, they are both compose of the same chemical compounds.

In built in mammals is the instincts not to naturally eat their dead kinds...dogs, lions, tigers, hyenas, etc and off course humans react to this same instincts and as such humans are not exceptional when they behave this way.

And just like dogs, lions, tigers or hyenas have killed or eaten their kinds in times of famine or scarcity of food, humans in similar desperate situation through tout history have done likewise, more proof, that we are not exceptional when it comes to this instinct.

2 Likes

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by ikechukwu354(m): 11:06pm On May 24, 2015
KingTom:
Listen to me very carefully, Weed is the best gift God has given man, but it becomes a sin when it is taken excessively I.e when it is abused, just like they say sex is a sin when unmarried people have it. As for me, I smoked a lot of THINGS while in Uni, Infact in my 3rd year, I discovered that weed helped keep me awake at night to study, so every now and then I smoked heavy Atimbo weed, and I was successful. I have since stopped smoking the the three leaved plant, not because it's a sin, but because I have no further use for it. grin grin grin

guy u burst my brain, that was really truthful and 300 k likes man...
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by abbey621(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2015
linearity:

This is one of the logic Bible referenced answers so far...does that means, you agree that it is not a sin, if taken in moderation?

Though you point to sport organizations, who ban some of these stuff. I do not know, if we can use them as yardsticks for biblical precedent. There are many things they allow that are not necessarily godly.

Most people forget that the Bible just like the other holy books is subject to interpretation. Nowhere in the Bible is smoking weed considered a sin but at the same time nowhere in the Bible is taking Cocaine or other illicit drugs considered a sin. So let's remove the sin part and focus on what's right or wrong! The Bible specifically states that we should not cause harm to ourselves or others, so if taking weed violates this then I think we have erred and should repent but if it doesn't then we are good to go. Every case is different, weed is not the culprit, the culprit here is human tolerance!
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by ubaken88(m): 11:09pm On May 24, 2015
If abusing it is d problem then why didn't the Police also go after Alcohol abusers that is even more damaging, like OGOGORO or ETHANOL?
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by X4ms: 11:25pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=oweniwe post=34064996]
Ori e pe jo. U spoke my mind.
Since snakes are from God, why him no use one as necklace?
Since acids are from God, why him no use am drink Gari
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 11:29pm On May 24, 2015
abbey621:

Most people forget that the Bible just like the other holy books is subject to interpretation. Nowhere in the Bible is smoking weed considered a sin but at the same time nowhere in the Bible is taking Cocaine or other illicit drugs considered a sin. So let's remove the sin part and focus on what's right or wrong! The Bible specifically states that we should not cause harm to ourselves or others, so if taking weed violates this then I think we have erred and should repent but if it doesn't then we are good to go. Every case is different, weed is not the culprit, the culprit here is human tolerance!

Got your point, but the chemical components of cocaine are toxin to the body, it is akin to killing oneself that the bible admonishes against, but the chemical content of weed are medicinal to the body.

Disclaimer:
I don't smoke, not even cigarettes.
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by galapazygalarba: 11:29pm On May 24, 2015
go read the book of romans 14 vx 2 down 2 6
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by abbey621(m): 11:38pm On May 24, 2015
linearity:

Got your point, but the chemical components of cocaine are toxin to the body, it is akin to killing oneself that the bible admonishes against, but the chemical content of weed are medicinal to the body.

Disclaimer:
I don't smoke, not even cigarettes.

You are right about the cocaine but wrong about the weed. The plant contains the mind-altering chemical delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other related compounds. THC when consumed in high amounts can lead to insanity!
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by TolaniLuv: 11:58pm On May 24, 2015
Some people call it Marijuna STREET NAMES
MARIJUANA:
Astro turf
Bhang
Blunt
Boom
Chronic
Dagga
Dope
Gangster
Ganja
Grass
Hemp
Herb
Home grown
J
Kiff
Mary Jane
Nederweed
Pot
Purple Haze
Reefer
Roach
Smoke
Skunk
Super Skunk
Texas tea
Weed
White
Widow
HASHISH:
Chocolate
Hash
Shit

I love it.

1 Like

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by linearity: 12:29am On May 25, 2015
abbey621:

You are right about the cocaine but wrong about the weed. The plant contains the mind-altering chemical delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and other related compounds. THC when consumed in high amounts can lead to insanity!

Great that, we are finding common grounds here...i think, we are making the same point...as might have noticed, I used the word 'medicinal' when referring to the chemicals in weed.

Yes, it contain naturally occurring THC and as you have indicated, if not taken in moderation leads to problems.

Also note that, synthesized THC is the active ingredient in many western medicines we take today for nausea, vomiting especially for people undergoing cancer treatments and it's synthesized form is also used to medically increase appetite in patients who find it difficult to eat. THC also protects the brain and stimulates growth.

A chemical like THC (called Anandamide) is also found in our body, it helps regulate our mood, sleep, memory and appetite.

That is why, despite the fact that the U.S. government ban on weeds, the FDA has approved many of drugs containing THC, which are then administer to people to supplement the Anandamide deficiency in order to continue those bodily functions, we have come to take for granted.

Hence, when weeds or some these western medicines that contain THC are abused, they lead to terrible consequences, but that in itself does mean that THC is bad, but that taking it in excess just like any other thing is bad.

1 Like

Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by abbey621(m): 12:41am On May 25, 2015
linearity:

Great that, we are finding common grounds here...i think, we are making the same point...as might have noticed, I used the word 'medicinal' when referring to the chemicals in weed.

Yes, it contain naturally occurring THC and as you have indicated, if not taken in moderation leads to problems.

Also note that, synthesized THC is the active ingredient in many western medicines we take today for nausea, vomiting especially for people undergoing cancer treatments and it's synthesized form is also used to medically increase appetite in patients who find it difficult to eat. THC also protects the brain and stimulates growth.

A chemical like THC (called Anandamide) is also found in our body, it helps regulate our mood, sleep, memory and appetite.

That is why, despite the fact that the U.S. government ban on weeds, the FDA has approved many of drugs containing THC, which are then administer to people to supplement the Anandamide deficiency in order to continue those bodily functions, we have come to take for granted.

Hence, when weeds or some these western medicines that contain THC are abused, they lead to terrible consequences, but that in itself does mean that THC is bad, but that taking it in excess just like any other thing is bad.

Agree! That's why weed in itself is not sinful but excessively consuming it to the point that it becomes detrimental to your health or those around you is what's considered sinful just like alcohol or sex grin grin
Re: If Weed Plant Is From God Then Why Will It Be A Sin If You Use It by inimes(m): 12:56am On May 25, 2015
You are at liberty to use all logics to justify the act of smoking weed but be told that you cannot escape God's eternal judgment. It is not everything God created that is still retaining its original creational form or value. Some of the creatures are spoiled by Satan. Anything that hurts or alters the mind or mood of man is bad. If you read the accounts of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden,God forbade them from eating certain fruits in the Garden,yet He (God) created such fruits. Besides,our body ought to be the temple of God which must not be polluted. Do not let anybody to deceive and mislead you by telling you that smoking is not sinful in the sight of God. Although it is not expressly mentioned or condemned in the Bible,you should know that you must keep your body blameless. A smoker constitutes nuisance. The smoke from cigarrete causes irritation of the eyes and aggravates respiratory problems or diseases. Tobacco is very detrimental to the health of the smoker,including the non-smoker who ignorantly inhales it. God does not support anything that has the potential to suffocate or cause ill-health. As children of God,we must remain mentally sound and dedicated to the things that edify our soul and not to things that defile and pollute our soul. It is a matter of choice. When God commanded Adam not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, He(God) did not mention the name of the plant neither did He deny creating it. So,if smoking is what you cannot do without then go ahead. But I pray for you to be set free from that satanic bondage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Tb Joshua On Tbn / 7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol / Masquerade Shouts ‘Jesus Christ’ As Guard Dog Nearly Attacks Him (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.