Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo (25570 Views)

Osibanjo- Current Hard Times Will Make Nigerians Act Right / Buhari Must Be Screened If He'll Be The Petroleum Minister - Senators / Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by InvertedHammer: 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
Super1Star:

Kindly inform this honourable house how OBJ killed the economy, in a concise and clear words, without any ambiguity or tantrums.

1. TAM contract was a scam. No refinery was revived.

2. $billions earmarked for electricity had nothing to show.

3. CBN was looted by OBJ and cohorts (he was called Baba and 40 thieves then) for his 3rd term agenda.

4. Political assassination of critics.

5. Infrastructure was in shambles e.g.. Benin-Ore rd, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, and numerous others.

6. 2nd River Niger bridge scam.

7. Our airports were like pit toilets until GEJ's team upgraded them.

8. OBJ gave taciturn support to godfathers and touts to wreck havoc in their respective states e.g.. Chris Uba vs Ngige in Anambra, the old man from Ibadan, etc.

9. Fighting corruption was reduced to theatrical act. Don't ask me how, ask Ribadu who attested to that recently.

10. He bequeathed an ill president and dumbo vice president on the nation as vengeance for his failed 3rd term campaign. Jonathan is a lucky but a known failure in governance. He fit the profile and OBJ handpicked him. And here we are.

OBJ has been a known critic of government which was why Abacha reeled him in for a kill. Thus when he later became the president, people were elated because of his antecedents, utterances and most importantly, his near death experience in the gulag. Boy! Were they disappointed. He turned out worse than IBB and Abacha that he criticized so much.
Fuel price increases with no resultant effect on availability, no refinery were fixed? Yeah. That's your modern day preacher on the economy. How many years were students at home during OBJ's regime due to strikes? Minimum wage strikes by NLC doesn't count anymore during his terms?

As much as I detest GEJ, he performed way better than OBJ. Our main beef with him is that he was not in charge. He got pushed around a lot by profiteers and corruption blossomed. With impunity, that is.

There are many chronicled failures of the monster called OBJ. But like they say, time heals.

The question is: What did OBJ get right during his tenure? Nothing! Or may be the debt cancellation. Telecommunication was bound for Nigeria whether OBJ liked it or not because western nations dictate to Nigeria when their business interests are at stake. OBJ's Telecom deregulation was a campaign slogan just like GEJ's hogwash Transformation agenda.

There you have it.
/

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by billyG(m): 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
Obasanjo again?giv him 100yrs he cannot perform is not seeking relevance by advicing a performer,just listen 2 him that he shld perform in 3mnths,abeg enuff of allthose useless advice,all those goddam advisers giv them Gmb position they will not perform.God gav obj 8yrs he culdnt perform,he brought a useless fisherman who cannot even mend a net.
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by lovemoi2(f): 4:59pm On May 24, 2015
Hopefully he gets his act right by puting you in Jail!]

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by shaqhead: 4:59pm On May 24, 2015
hadizadeezy:
wai ta ya ka gane ni? tongue
deezy kenan...sunan ki ne yasa na duba profile dinki...nima dan maid ne ama ban na maid yanzu..ama ba, y not in aika miki PM so dt muyi tadi, that is if yayi miki?
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by mayor814: 5:00pm On May 24, 2015
Ok Babaloja!
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by M4gunners: 5:05pm On May 24, 2015
He never say anything about him being probe? At least Atiku did by saying Buhari can probe him, likewise Jonathan but this man that never see anything wrong about him will not accept the fact that he's the most corrupt nigeria.
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by ikorodureporta: 5:08pm On May 24, 2015
Dis man wey suppoz to don berry him head for shame stil de talk...he brought FFK, okupe, Iwealla, GEJ, tore down his party, wasted his 8yrs globe-trotting....wetin good him don do since for naija?
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by ajayiopy: 5:08pm On May 24, 2015
At least he cleared all the debts
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by TheDauraMallam: 5:19pm On May 24, 2015
He had eight years -EIGHT SOLID YEARS!

And

He

_fucked

It Up.

He is now laying deadlines for someone who has not even started his tenure.

SMH undecided
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 24, 2015
Edywalex:
Babies insulting this mam jst because of his advice dnt even know that they ar d idiot.I dnt blame u guys because non of ur family has ever held a comon post.Back to Bab.GOD bless u and continue to put ur enermy to shame.U hv seen where d Nation is helding to and u rose up to fight to bring nigeria back with ur help.Long live OBJ.
pls read what you wrote and reset ur mental faculty. are u o.k? i guess this is what obj has left behind for u after his tenure as an irrational and in-evaluative supporter of his. wat are the balderdash you type here in the name of english language.? you really deserve the kind of obj, who selfishly n blindly manipulated the fixing and imposition of the kind of Gej you had without the interest of the greater population of the country at heart, but rather for their selfish and thoughtless political game and party charade...brainwashed dimwits..u dont think any better for your country other than the mediocre obj and other callous , non-passionate , lackluster dimwits...you and ur country deserve better , get your mind out of that stigma of a dirty box uv made urself believe..after all ur praises, where is ur country today?..dimwits..
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:30pm On May 24, 2015
TheDauraMallam:
He had eight years -EIGHT SOLID YEARS!

And

He

_fucked

It Up.

He is now laying deadlines for someone who has not even started his tenure.

SMH undecided
his a cow.. wonder why we tolerate this kind of people in this country...
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by emzila(m): 5:41pm On May 24, 2015
hadizadeezy:
as if he got his act right in 8yrs

mtchewww baba oshi
he may not have been able to get his act right in his 8yrs tenure but he was able to reduce nigerian's debt, open a wider door to the telecommunication industry that is almost d largest employer of labour in Nigeria today. Many roads were constructed during his regime, he was d one that upgraded teachers salary and it was during his tenure, he protect d local industries by closing border to some products, he had selected some good hands to work with him.
Obasanjo is obviously not d messiah but is inhuman for someone who really know what governance is to think that obasanjo should be silent about issue of national interest. During obasanjo regime, d unemployment rate was not dis high. Banks did came to our school and others schools to conduct test for I.T students but today banks engage HND and BSC to do d work of ND(bulk tellers) and pay them penny. Crude oil sold at its ever high price per barrel during Jonathan's administration, rather than pay d nation's debt, he plunge d nation more into debt, lake of job has made women who pick sale job to become bread winners of the family while men and women of age work around single because d men can't afford bride price of secure good job that can offer them d courage to venture into marriage.
The fact that OBJ could not give us all we want doesn't make Jonathan any way closer to his better performance.
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 24, 2015
Nawa o!
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 24, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:

Seriously, all these antagonists of OBJ are either KIDS or CULTURALLY BIASED or BLIND or HYPOCRITES!

OBJ never said he is perfect!

He is the best civilian ruler since 1999!

If Nigeria had been progressing at OBJs administration speed, we wouldn't be in this terrible state.

He left so much in the reserves and made Nigeria debt free, where is that now?

He tried to give the minority Niger Delta opportunity to serve, GEJ messed it up beyond rubbish.

At least OBJ caught some thieves - even though they're his enemies. Who has GEJ caught?

Before OBJ, civil servants never dreamt of buying cars, not to talk of build a house - by the time he was leaving many had built goodly houses and had cars and investments.

Subsidy removal wasn't like this in OBJs tenure, yet we saw infrastructures and development.

I am not saying OBJ is perfect, but he's still far far far far better than GEJ.

that's what makes him the most respected and listened to Nigerian leader.

GEJ was just a terrible mistake and a joke to the Nigerian Nation - a plan OBJ himself regretted orchestrating!!!
Yoruba hypocrite... until u stand for d truth b4 ds country can get to greater height... obasanjo is a failure like Jonathan... they both failed... note.. I m yoruba too.buh I aint on hypocrisy...
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by kr0ne(m): 5:53pm On May 24, 2015
Ironically, this is coming from the first Nigerian democratic president who wasted his eight year tenure incurring debts and still sought for a third term

1 Like

Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by cococandy(f): 5:53pm On May 24, 2015
See who's talking. Obasanjo can be very annoying.
Hypocrite. #fact
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by spicyhunky: 5:59pm On May 24, 2015
This demon will simply not let Nigeria be.
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by sasquareT(m): 6:14pm On May 24, 2015
Super1Star:

Another ranting. I will allow the first insult to pass and will take you to the cleaners with the 2nd.

Achieving such miraculous feat in telecoms should not be called an achievement, for a country that had a teledensity of less that 250,000 as at 1999 and we are talking of 148million as at 2015. What should we ca that then? Better put, it is a miracle.

The bottom line is GSM came into this country during his tenure. Shikena.

He squandered 16billion USA and turned around the moribund Kainji Dam with brand new turbines from Daewoo, he built Afam V and VI Power Stations from the scratch with new turbines by the same Daewoo and he initiated the IPPs being commissioned today.

Those are undeniable and verifiable facts.

If you have a problem with his character, fine (I do too), but you cannot take away his leadership and achievements.
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by sasquareT(m): 6:16pm On May 24, 2015
Super1Star:

Another ranting. I will allow the first insult to pass and will take you to the cleaners with the 2nd.

Achieving such miraculous feat in telecoms should not be called an achievement, for a country that had a teledensity of less that 250,000 as at 1999 and we are talking of 148million as at 2015. What should we ca that then? Better put, it is a miracle.

The bottom line is GSM came into this country during his tenure. Shikena.

He squandered 16billion USA and turned around the moribund Kainji Dam with brand new turbines from Daewoo, he built Afam V and VI Power Stations from the scratch with new turbines by the same Daewoo and he initiated the IPPs being commissioned today.

Those are undeniable and verifiable facts.

If you have a problem with his character, fine (I do too), but you cannot take away his leadership and achievements.
Baba wen ever you are mentioning Obasanjo achievement do not include this GSM of a thing.it not an achievement
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by sunnyeinstein(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2015
hadizadeezy:

mtchewww baba oshi

At first glance @ d comment, i thought it was by godoluwa cheesy cheesy

Nigerians are seriously vexing ryt now! The country is passively grinding to a halt and d 'president' is silent lyk nothing is happening.

It is not right @all...
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by hadizadeezy(f): 7:30pm On May 24, 2015
shaqhead:

deezy kenan...sunan ki ne yasa na duba profile dinki...nima dan maid ne ama ban na maid yanzu..ama ba, y not in aika miki PM so dt muyi tadi, that is if yayi miki?
toh
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Truckpusher(m): 7:35pm On May 24, 2015
PassingShot:
Though OBJ's opinion and influence cannot be discarded but I think he is given far too much attention by our media.
Of course, the randy Ota farmer is an attention seeking bastard.I heard he's your party's navigator ?
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by PassingShot(m): 7:37pm On May 24, 2015
Truckpusher:
Of course, the randy Ota farmer is an attention seeking bastard.I heard he's your party's navigator ?

Is there a position as that in any party?
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by shaqhead: 7:42pm On May 24, 2015
hadizadeezy:
toh
deezy y nt kiyi addin na a whatsap
sipli takwas sipli uku bakawi sipli hudu daya biyar sipli bakwai
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by sunshine1974(m): 7:59pm On May 24, 2015
He did a lot my dear hater, banking reform, telecommunications and many odas atleast, even though he had his own short comings too. Abeg what did ur broda jonathan do? Nothing! I mean Nothing! I say Nothing! Thank God u are alive and experiencing dis now. Quit hating jare, if jonathan has done half of what baba did in his time we won't be calling him clueless today. I hope he rots in jail though for all this hardship.
sonOfLucifer:
May God punish this man. Mercilessly. Tufiakwa.

I hope Buhari locks him up, fucking weasel. A FAILED LEADER. You had the opportunity to take us to great heights. The first democratic President. You ruled for 8 years out of 16 years. What did you do, you fucking hypocrite?
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 24, 2015
I swear the more this man talks the stupider he sounds. OBSANJO STFU!

hadizadeezy:

mtchewww baba oshi
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by eneidoko(f): 9:40pm On May 24, 2015
With a broken economy, unprecedented corruption, insecurity, fuel scarcity, power blackout, $63 billion debt, $20 billion missing, N1 trillion unpaid salaries and pensions etc., it is tempting fate a suggestion that GMB and APC will make any tangible impact in just three months!
Re: Buhari Must Get His Act Right In Three Months - Obasanjo by juman(m): 11:57am On May 25, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
May God punish this man. Mercilessly. Tufiakwa.

I hope Buhari locks him up, fucking weasel. A FAILED LEADER. You had the opportunity to take us to great heights. The first democratic President. You ruled for 8 years out of 16 years. What did you do, you fucking hypocrite?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"The People That Killed Gen. Azazi Tried To Kill T.B Joshua' - Femi Fani Kayode / Imo APC Primaries For Senatorial, Governorship, House Of Representatives (Photos / How Okorocha’s 2023 Presidential Ambition Cost APC Imo Guber Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.