Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,994 members, 7,803,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" (32565 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Adebola Irede Daniel Bags Distinction In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Investigating Connection Between Niger Delta Militants And IPOB - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Mr man, I am not writing thesis that will appear ambigious for ordinary folks to grasp. I don't need to follow your guidelines. If you have objection to any item go ahead and state it. Don't drag me into unnecessary argument because I am not interested. I am more concerned with educating folks.

This is not an academic journal.
don't waste ur time on him, d only reason y he's showing all dat f00lishness is because u put imo and Abia in d list...

11 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 24, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Very correct.

Now barcanista knowing no one can speak for the entire South South and/or Niger Delta region due to its diversity and varied interest, who did you consult before dragging all and sundry into Lower Niger Association??

bro u dont need to comment on every issue , we know our stance so if 1 person say u re Lower Niger Delta crap say okay, or if dem say u belong to another country say Okay we know ourself and we know where we belong,,

Thumbs up to bacanista 4 d post,, God bless sS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Waspy(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2015
You won't see my pple dem for this kain thread

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 24, 2015
atlwireles:

OP, please check the votes total against your comment. They don't correspond. All tribes in the Midwest rejected the western region.

http://www.edo-nation.net/nowao1.htm
Sir, I think you confuse "Warri" votes for "Itsekiri". Itsekiri is part of Warri with a minority numerical population. The Olu of Itsekiri(Warri) Was an open apponent of the Midwest idea.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Macelliot(m): 3:47pm On May 24, 2015
SpencerLewis:
Barcarnista for once u've written something sensible since u abandoned APC for PDP. Keep it up. I Lucifer son of d morning is happy for u. Very educative!
Pls, Are you Alright?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by brownlord: 3:47pm On May 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Tell your mother to shut up and if the biitch does not listen smash her head with a hammer. Sango lo ma pa iya re

Animal in human skin.

what did your say your Sango will do to your mother?

6 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by revolt(m): 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:
It sounds totally unbelievable that Abia is part of the Niger Delta
BUT EDO IS? TRAVEL PS.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 3:50pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Sir, I think you confuse "Warri" votes for "Itsekiri". Itsekiri is part of Warri with a minority numerical population. The Olu of Itsekiri(Warri) Was an open apponent of the Midwest idea.

Anthony Enahoro and most chieftains of AG were against the Midwest, does that change the votes from their people?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by ezeagu(m): 3:50pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:

I'm not talking of geographical location. I'm talking of resources.

Oil? Then call them oil-producing states, not the Niger Delta. And that still doesn't show how Cross River is more like the other states than Abia.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 24, 2015
hansad:

Abians would gladly be part of Biafra than being associated with that Nigerdelta thing under one Nigeria.

All those southsouth, southeast, and Nigerdelta things were creations of Northern soldiers to divide people of the former southeast region so that no strong challenger can rise from former southeast of Nigeria as resources were being plucked from the former southeast region to sustain one Nigeria.
the geopolitical zones were not crested by northerners, it was actually created by d idea of an igbo man, Alex Ekueme, he created to bridge unity but Nigerians instead of focusing on the positive aspect of it they manipulated d negative part...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Vivly(f): 3:55pm On May 24, 2015
ezeagu:

Oil? Then call them oil-producing states, not the Niger Delta. And that still doesn't show how Cross River is more like the other states than Abia.
From the Op's post, What is Niger delta?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 24, 2015
Enlightening article...
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 3:57pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
don't waste ur time on him, d only reason y he's showing all dat f00lishness is because u put imo and Abia in d list...
Thank you my bros...
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Burger01(m): 3:58pm On May 24, 2015
Barcanista, so Lagos is not part of Niger Delta, abi?cheesy Just kidding, good info you put up there.smiley
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:

From the Op's post, What is Niger delta?
no we want u to help us tell us what d Niger delta is, since the Op has given his own account and u re objecting to it, so please tell us what Niger delta is...
Is it the name of a tribe?
Is it the name of a state?
Is it the name of somebody's father?
Pls tell us, at least educate us let us know what Niger delta is and y Abia is not fit to be in the Niger delta.

7 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by ezeagu(m): 4:05pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:
There is no such thing as delta igbo. Get ur facts right

The people you call delta igbo do not share any ancestry with igbos, rather most have theirs from the binis.

What do you know? Only ever talk about only what you know.

2 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

The people you call delta igbo do not share any ancestry with igbos, rather most have theirs from the binis.

But if u meet an a delta north person whose name is chidera outside delta state, lemme say in a neutral state like rivers state and ask her where are u from, she wud tell u Delta-igbo...
Also does any Edo person answer Chidera, u guys have Bini ancestry but u guys abandoned ur Benin Language and adopted Igbo as ur language... only in Nigeria dat things like dx happens.

10 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by fr3do(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

majority of Anioma people are as Igbo as the Anambra or Enugu man.
The migrants from Bini are not up to 4%.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
No you don't mean. Nigerians never say "sorry" or I was wrong"
It had nothing to do with revenue allocation as you claimed. So we can reasonably assume that everything else you have written has no credible factual underpinning!! and is just fuelled by an overdose of akpu? Analysis to be meaningful must be based on good facts. Your facts are NOT good

I am sorry but reproducing rubbish from Wikipedia just does not cut it
You appears so bitter about this brief article. Assumption can be very costly, so I will like it if you analyse his post, probably line by line, disputing his 'his rubbish analysis' with your 'good facts'.

6 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by omonnakoda: 4:10pm On May 24, 2015
centje:
You appears so bitter about this brief article. Assumption can be very costly, so I will like it if you analyse his post, probably line by line, disputing his 'his rubbish analysis' with your 'good facts'.

Your mother must be very bitter you did not die at birth
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Vivly(f): 4:12pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
no we want u to help us tell us what d Niger delta is, since the Op has given his own account and u re objecting to it, so please tell us what Niger delta is...
Is it the name of a tribe?
Is it the name of a state?
Is it the name of somebody's father?
Pls tell us, at least educate us let us know what Niger delta is and y Abia is not fit to be in the Niger delta.
Da F>ck?
The problem of misinterpretation. I did not object to the Op's view. Listen,.Niger delta states are oil producing states. Now, these states generate large revenue internally, receives royalties from oil multinationals, receives federal revenue on basis of derivation and as such, most of them are developed in the Nigerian sense like Akwa Ibom or Rivers.
Now, I agree Abia is part of the Niger Delta but they don't look the part. What with them being educationally less developed and pro-quota system. That is my point. So now, you see why I said it sounds unbelievable that Abia is part of the Niger Delta?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
please Mr man can u please tell this humble house,which part of d article is false or fake so we can correct it.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:13pm On May 24, 2015
In today's Nigeria, the term, Niger Delta is used to refer to oil producing states.

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 24, 2015
atlwireles:

Anthony Enahoro and most chieftains of AG were against the Midwest, does that change the votes from their people?
I think this will help Sir. The Itsekiri opposed the Midwest (and Warri state) creation

www.waado.org/CulturalUNits/AgbarhaAme/WarriEthnicProblems/LandFactor.htm
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:

Da F>ck?
The problem of misinterpretation. I did not object to the Op's view. Listen,.Niger delta states are oil producing states. Now, these states generate large revenue internally, receives royalties from oil multinationals, receives federal revenue on basis of derivation and as such, most of them are developed in the Nigeria sense like Akwa Ibom or Rivers.
Now, I agree Abia is part of the Niger Delta but they don't look the part. What with them being educationally less developed and pro-quota system. That is my point. So now, you see why I said it sounds unbelievable that Abia is part of the Niger Delta?
is development the criteria to select a Niger delta state, if u knew Akwa ibom in d dark old days before der court issue with Cross river that made dem dis reach, I guess u wud have assumed dat since Akwa ibom was not developed as at that time, that it's not a Niger delta state.

5 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by cheruv: 4:19pm On May 24, 2015
Mr barca,I general cheruv ashki of the house skog do commend you for that piece on the ND.
for me, the real ND consists of the area btwn the forcados river in the west to the bonny river in the east..anything outside it is for chop chop cheesy
let's restructure Nigeria on the basis of ethnicity with the option of secession!

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 24, 2015
[s]
omonnakoda:
[/s]

I actually went back to my post to check whether I insulted you in any way. I only wanted a intellectual discussion to further clarify issues. Well, since you presented yourself in this form, I am sorry I don't join issues with schizophrenics. Have a peaceful sunday.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by cheruv: 4:22pm On May 24, 2015
fr3do:

majority of Anioma people are as Igbo as the Anambra or Enugu man.
The migrants from Bini are not up to 4%.

you're quite humane oo
all I simply do is ignore these peeps that have erections on Igbo issues grin

9 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by dckelvin(m): 4:22pm On May 24, 2015
tobtap:
WELL the OP is know for UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIMS, but he try for this one..just dont get y he wrote this..to proof what? lipsrsealed
the main question is why are you asking this type of question?
i know the first thing that came to your mind when you read the post is Biafra.
you want him to write only things that will divide south south & south-east &hence bring disunity as you folk have always done & wanted it.
Evil mind.

7 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
Op, you are absolutely right. It is only one who has moved round delta especially that will know how divided they are politically. Among all the groups, i pity Anioma people the more because they seem not to have a voice or say in anything. I only hope they can stand on their own if the creation of Anioma state happens in the future.

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Vivly(f): 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
is development the criteria to select a Niger delta state, if u knew Akwa ibom in d dark old days before der court issue with Cross river that made dem dis reach, I guess u wud have assumed dat since Akwa ibom was not developed as at that time, that it's not a Niger delta state.
Of course development is one of the criteria. To whom much is given, much is expected. Isn't oil our major resource? Why use Akwaibom for an example. There are other Niger delta states. Abia and Edo states were created in the same year. Can you see the obvious difference.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2015
Ishilove:
Good work barcanista. I was glad when I saw the work of Professor Egharevba among your sources because he is an authority in the history of Southern Nigeria.
Was Egharevba a professor or just a chronicler of Bini history?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Made You CBN Governor - Andy Uba To Charles Soludo / Gov Eno Visits Family Of Late Nollywood Make-up Artist (Pics) / Uniformed Men Led Us To Be Killed By Fulani Herdsmen - Plateau Attack Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.