Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" (32595 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Adebola Irede Daniel Bags Distinction In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Investigating Connection Between Niger Delta Militants And IPOB - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 4:24pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
I think this will help Sir. The Itsekiri opposed the Midwest (and Warri state) creation

www.waado.org/CulturalUNits/AgbarhaAme/WarriEthnicProblems/LandFactor.htm

Let's agree to disagree, hopefully sometime in the future, historians will not say the people of Rives state were against PDP and Goodluck, because the Governor of the state was against him and PDP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 24, 2015
centje:
[s][/s]

I actually went back to my post to check whether I insulted you in any way. I only wanted a intellectual discussion to further clarify issues. Well, since you presented yourself in this form, I am sorry I don't join issues with schizophrenics. Have a peaceful sunday.
Dats what I told u, Dats how they behave a certain ppl from a certain region I will give u a clue who they are they have inferiority complex and have tribal marks all over der face at d extreme end of d western part of the Niger.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Ishilove: 4:27pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Was Egharevba a professor or just a chronicler of Bini history?
Must be a different Egharevba I have in mind... undecided

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28pm On May 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Rather than cutting and pasting you should start by defining what does the Word "Delta" means? Next you should state the very fist literary reference to the term Niger Delta and how that has developed and then also the "confusion" that makes it necessary to do your piece or attempt the clarifications.

A very shoddy piece of shoddiness, I am afraid
He did a poor job. It's like saying Lokoja is the confluence town without recognizing the Niger and the Benue. Can there be a confluence without rivers?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by dckelvin(m): 4:29pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:
I'm not talking of geographical location. I'm talking of resources.
Ignorance is really a bad thing. Abia have huge OIL & resources but cross-river dont have ANY OIL. go get some knowledge. tufiakwa!.

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:

Of course development is one of the criteria. To whom much is given, much is expected. Isn't oil our major resource? Why use Akwaibom for an example. There are other Niger delta states. Abia and Edo states were created in the same year. Can you see the obvious difference.
do u know anything abt Nigeria, do u know dat d only reason Cross river state was able to reach this present level of development was because it used to receive Akwa ibom states oil revenue. That's y after Akwa ibom got back its oil wells and der was boundary adjustments it hasn't even reached 10years and der is already a nig rot in the State, if der is a difference between any state don't say it's because of revenue most times it's the corruption in d state. Can u compare Bayelsa state and Lagos in terms of development, despite the fact that Bayelsa receives more allocation that Lagos state.
So u see these are one of those things.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Scholes007(m): 4:33pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:

Da F>ck?
The problem of misinterpretation. I did not object to the Op's view. Listen,.Niger delta states are oil producing states. Now, these states generate large revenue internally, receives royalties from oil multinationals, receives federal revenue on basis of derivation and as such, most of them are developed in the Nigerian sense like Akwa Ibom or Rivers.
Now, I agree Abia is part of the Niger Delta but they don't look the part. What with them being educationally less developed and pro-quota system. That is my point. So now, you see why I said it sounds unbelievable that Abia is part of the Niger Delta?
i will like you to name where Abia lags behind in development with proofs

4 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

He did a poor job. It's like saying Lokoja is the confluence town without recognizing the Niger and the Benue. Can there be a confluence without rivers?
what the Fvck is wrong with u ppl.
Did u see Lagos in d list No...
Did u see Ibadan in d list No...
Y can't u ppl eva mind ur businesses.

10 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by hansad: 4:35pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
The Lower Niger Congress is a consortium of ethnic nationalities from the present day South East and South South. It doesn't seek to impose on anyone. The Ijaws for one will support/are in support of the ideology, same with others. However, a REFERENDUM will determine whether or not each ethnic nationalities will want secession according the LNC principle.

A prayer: if peoples in the Lower Niger Congress Area want to liberate their areas and themselves from being sucked dry by rest of Nigeria, they need to vote for one country in the Lower Niger Congress Area in a referendum;

that's one country with Resource Control/Fiscal Federalism as the guiding principle, and possibly, with a clause that any part can secede from the country if its people want.

If the peoples of Lower Niger Congress Area vote for multiple countries in a referendum, it is most likely they are not getting even one.
The rest of Nigeria must apply divide-and-rule, as usual, with bribery and pay-offs, to neutralize
the leaders of the L. N.Congress Area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DelticStephEn(f): 4:36pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:
There is no such thing as delta igbo. Get ur facts right

The people you call delta igbo do not share any ancestry with igbos, rather most have theirs from the binis.
come and tell me that i don't share any ancestory with ibo or that i have my ancestry from bini and if i don't slap satan out of you then call me any name that you like.

12 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 24, 2015
dckelvin:

Ignorance is really a bad thing.
Abia have huge OIL & resources but cross-river dont have ANY OIL.
go get some knowledge.
tufiakwa!.
cross river state stopped being an oil producing state d moment Bakassi was given to cameroun by the Nigerian govt.
There was even an attempt by the Nigerian govt to remove Cross river state from d list of oil producing states some time ago, dat led go the Cross river state governor begging for its state not to be removed from the list of oil producing states.

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:40pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
Mr man, this is a public forum, open to all, even foreigners. Did you see Lagos in my post? I notived you've not said anything worth discussing on this thread, only looking for those to attack. This topic is an academic discourse.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:43pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
cross river state stopped being an oil producing state d moment Bakassi was given to cameroun by the Nigerian govt.
There was even an attempt by the Nigerian govt to remove Cross river state from d list of oil producing states some time ago, dat led go the Cross river state governor begging for its state not to be removed from the list of oil producing states.
You're wrong. Akwa Ibom State and Cross River State fought over the ownership of some oil wells up to the Supreme Court. Akwa Ibom won the case. This was after Cameroun took Bakassi.

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by realjoker(m): 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
Nice work barcanista, even though emotion as overshadowed your sense of reasoning, but I want to know the motive behind this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mr man, this is a public forum, open to all, even foreigners. Did you see Lagos in my post? I notived you've not said anything worth discussing on this thread, only looking for those to attack. This topic is an academic discourse.
then argue reasonably, wat Barcanista said above is what we all know it's even documented but u re still turning a blind eye to it acting like u don't know.

5 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Vivly(f): 4:44pm On May 24, 2015
Scholes007:
i will like you to name where Abia lags behind in development with proofs
Is it really necessary..I'm an Abian so my word is enough proof but if you want me to, I wouldn't mind giving you proofs from the net. We all know Abia's problems go beyond bad roads.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're wrong. Akwa Ibom State and Cross River State fought over the ownership of some oil wells up to the Supreme Court. Akwa Ibom won the case. This was after Cameroun took Bakassi.
read up u wud see the part where I stated what u just said to Vivly, that it was after Akwa ibom won a court case against Cross rivers state that Akwa ibom became this rich.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 4:47pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
Hello, Ondo state is part of Niger delta and the oil it produces is 50 times the oil the whole of your red mud SE produces!
So, watch it!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nsiman(m): 4:47pm On May 24, 2015
Op, could this be the reason GEJ doesn't include Akwa ibom and Cross River states in his pipe line surveilance contract and any thing that has to do with the Niger Delta?

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Hello, Ondo state is part of Niger delta and the oil it produces is 50 times the oil the whole of your red mud SE produces!
So, watch it!
finally I draw one ediot out of its pig pen, yes we know.
They even produce 5million times more than the entire Niger delta combined.

7 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Vivly(f): 4:49pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
do u know anything abt Nigeria, do u know dat d only reason Cross river state was able to reach this present level of development was because it used to receive Akwa ibom states oil revenue. That's y after Akwa ibom got back its oil wells and der was boundary adjustments it hasn't even reached 10years and der is already a nig rot in the State, if der is a difference between any state don't say it's because of revenue most times it's the corruption in d state. Can u compare Bayelsa state and Lagos in terms of development, despite the fact that Bayelsa receives more allocation that Lagos state.
So u see these are one of those things.
You just answered the question. They used oil revenue for development. Same thing we expect Abia to do¿
So are you saying Abia is the only state in Niger Delta with a corrupt government?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 4:50pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

come and tell me that i don't share any ancestory with ibo or that i have my ancestry from bini and if i don't slap satan out of you then call me any name that you like.
It's a matter of time the owner of Delta flush you out!
Your fore fathers found the land in Delta barren, huh?
It's a matter of time!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:51pm On May 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Must be a different Egharevba I have in mind... undecided
He is the same person. He wasn't a professor but a Bini that just took interest in using oral tradition to write the history of his people. His work served as a veritable source to people like professors E. Alagoa and Obaro Ikimi. If he was a professor, he would have been in the same level with professors K.O. Dike and Sabur Biobaku who also made use of oral tradition to promote African historiography.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 4:51pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
finally I draw one ediot out of its pig pen, yes we know.
They even produce 5million times more than the entire Niger delta combined.
Lol!
We all know the perpetual loser in Nigeria, it's aint secret!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by hansad: 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
the geopolitical zones were not crested by northerners, it was actually created by d idea of an igbo man, Alex Ekueme, he created to bridge unity but Nigerians instead of focusing on the positive aspect of it they manipulated d negative part...

The present 6 geo-political zones are not what Ekwueme envisaged and suggested.
North's Abacha latter used state creation to make some geo-political zones more equal than others . Seven states in the NW zone.

About three years ago, Gowon who started state creation lamented in a public lecture in Kaduna that state creation was ultimately hijacked to create a super-political class in Nigeria - unarguably in the far north.

The same manner, unitary government system introduced by late Aguiyi Ironsi was gradually over-centralized as crude oil emerged as Nigeria's major bread winner, and ultimately left Nigeria with the present monstrous unitary government system.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Ishilove: 4:53pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

He is the same person. He wasn't a professor but a Bini that just took interest in using oral tradition to write the history of his people. His work served as a veritable source to people like professors E. Alagoa and Obaro Ikimi. If he was a professor, he would have been in the same level with professors K.O. Dike and Sabur Biobaku who also made use of oral tradition to promote African historiography.
Ha yes! True. I confused him for Obaro Ikime cheesy

The first Eghrevba work I read was published in 1937 or so cheesy

Thanks jare
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DelticStephEn(f): 4:54pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

So, watch it!
hehehehe.
the "Dark Angel Of Anger & Envy"
na here you don fly reach?

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
then argue reasonably, wat Barcanista said above is what we all know it's even documented but u re still turning a blind eye to it acting like u don't know.
I refuse to take things hook, line and sinker like Boxer (you) that believes Napoleon (OP) is always right.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Mogidi: 4:57pm On May 24, 2015
By the way, [size=13pt]Anthony Enahoro despite his political influence rejected and campaigned against the MidWest Creation[/size] even when majority of his people yearned for it all because of his own interest in the Western region government. Though the people's will prevailed. Sometimes the decision of a politician do not represent the people's wish.

@barcanista
Wow this is yet another masterpiece, one for my archive.
Hmmm!! I never knew my kinsman Anthony Enahaoro campaigned against the creation of Midwest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 24, 2015
Vivly:
You just answered the question. They used oil revenue for development. Same thing we expect Abia to do¿
So are you saying Abia is the only state in Niger Delta with a corrupt government?
all oil producing states don't receive d same amount of money from d 13% derivation. D amount of money Akwa ibom receives from d FG as allocation is like over 10 times dat of Abia...

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by omonnakoda: 4:58pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

In some dark recess of his mind this must must some kind of sense
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 24, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

I refuse to take things hook, line and sinker like Boxer (you) that believes Napoleon (OP) is always right.
so please can u tell me where d Op said anything dat u believe is false?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Black Soot Pollutes The Environment In Port Harcourt (PICS) / APC Members Donate 124 Vehicles For Buhari’s 2019 Election / Agbakoba Sues Army Over 12 Soldiers’ Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.