Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:14 PM

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" (32412 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Adebola Irede Daniel Bags Distinction In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Investigating Connection Between Niger Delta Militants And IPOB - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Thank God for your Obas doggedness and the good people of Benin and Delta states irrespective of ethnic affiliation. Your people fought a good fight that started from 1924 and it was achieved in 1963 against all odds. According to Willink Commission, the Midwersteners would rather than by nukes than remain in the Western region.

Just like the battle we face today. It took almost 40 years, but the great people of what became bendelites made it happen. Nobody should bet against us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Mogidi: 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

How is he your kinsman when he is an Edo?
Nothing we won't hear from a known tribe!

Even a 5yr old would deduce from my post that I was from Edo state.

Bros you too dull.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 5:36pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

come and tell me that i don't share any ancestory with ibo or that i have my ancestry from bini and if i don't slap satan out of you then call me any name that you like.

There are too many immature peeps on nl. THreatening to slap me doesnt make your points facts. I am from agbor, and we dont have our ancestry from igbos, same thing in the historical accts of some other anioma tribes.

Lastly come and meet me in person and see if you would have the guts to talk to me in that manner. Typing doesnt make you tough

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by noblegrex: 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
Good info, atleast its better that the person posting rubish as to why women are not smoking or why they should b smoking.well I'm not against amnesty for the Niger deltans cause the resources is frm them ans they couldn't farm bt they should not feel like God cos no 1 brought resources frm heave whereas if any1 dies he or she is going to b buried with the resources. For everything is created by the almighty
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
Mogidi:

Even a 5yr old would deduce from my post that I was from Edo state.
Bros you too dull.
Hian! Yeye dey smell!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Mogidi: 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Thank God for your Obas doggedness and the good people of Benin and Delta states irrespective of ethnic affiliation. Your people fought a good fight that started from 1924 and it was achieved in 1963 against all odds. According to Willink Commission, the Midwersteners would rather than by nukes than remain in the Western region.

Bros thanks for this well researched masterpiece, a real pleasure to behold.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 5:38pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

There are too many immature peeps on nl. THreatening to slap me doesnt make your points facts. I am from agbor, and we dont have our ancestry from igbos, same thing in the historical accts of some other anioma tribes.

Lastly come and meet me in person and see if you would have the guts to talk to me in that manner. Typing doesnt make you tough

Spoken like a true deltan cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

ok then speak for ur self, or if possible ur Arbor tribe... or whatever Arbor is.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Bros the poster you quoted is from EDO state na.
You mean you've been deceived?
Everybody, shine your eyes!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by NDPVF(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2015
[s]
HopeAtHand:
Very correct.

Now barcanista knowing no one can speak for the entire South South and/or Niger Delta region due to its diversity and varied interest, who did you consult before dragging all and sundry into Lower Niger Association??
[/s]This is why people like you will continue to live age of stup!dity.Did you attend the meeting held in Portharcourt?.Delegates came from concerned areas.people that were delegated for such important meeting,are people with brain in their heads and hence,matters in their ethnic enclaves,and not people like you.someone that has sense represented you.it wasnt a meeting for embeciles and buffons.NEXT QUESTION..

4 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 5:42pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
ok then speak for ur self, or if possible ur Arbor tribe... or whatever Arbor is.
I tell you, the ibos will be flushed out soon!
Let them go and retrace their lost tracks!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Scholes007(m): 5:45pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

you have sent that girl away.
shes not an igbo.
even me from Anioma understood what you asked a little bit.
It funny how people claim and at the same time dent the image of other people jst because of here say

@ DelticStephEn
How are you dear?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

I tell you, the ibos will be flushed out soon!
Let them go and retrace their lost tracks!
we will be waiting. God knows that I personally have plans for every one of u.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Abagworo(m): 5:47pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Overtime people have used the term Niger Delta and South South interchangeably. I took my time to do extensive research and I consider it wise to share with the public.

Niger Delta
The Niger Delta is the delta of the Niger River at the Gulf of Guinea on the Atlantic Ocean in Nigeria. Historically and cartographically, the Niger Delta region consist of present day Rivers and Bayelsa states and Warri in (Delta state). These areas/states collectively is sometimes called Oil Rivers, as it was then the British Oil Rivers Protectorate established in 1884. The area was called Oil Rivers Protectorate because it was a major producer of palm oil. The area would be later part of the larger Niger Coast Protectorate after it was expanded in 1893 with Calabar as administrative office.

South South
The "South South" is an artificial geo-political zone created in 1995 by Gen Sani Abacha, and consist of Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Cross river, Akwa Ibom and Edo states. IBB had created six zones for "effective allocation of resources"

Historically, the "South South" has never been a single administrative entity. Let me explain...

Edo and Delta states
Though Warri (previously known as Delta Province) is/was part of the Niger Delta, the British in 1939 created the Western Region as a subset of Southern Nigeria and included Benin and Delta provinces in the region. The MidWest referendum of 1963 led to the creation of MidWest which included the Benin and Delta provinces from the Western Region after years/decades of agitation started by Benin Kings Oba Iweka II(in 1924) and Oba Akenzua II, Omo-Osiagie, Dennis Osadebe, Dalton Asemota, Okotie-Eboh etc and backed by super majority of Benin-Delta people. However, agitation by the "Niger-Deltans" within Bendel state for the creation of Warri State for the Niger Deltans(old Warri province), as well as call by the ANIOMAs for the Creation of ANIOMA state from the old Benin province led to the creation of Edo and Delta states in 1991.
(IBB forced Warri and ANIOMA people into one "Delta" state)

Akwa-Ibom, Cross river, Rivers and Bayelsa states
The four states were part of the Eastern Region in 1954 along with the present day 5 South Eastern States. Rivers and Bayelsa later formed "Rivers" State in 1967, while Akwa Ibom and Cross River became South Eastern state(later renamed Cross river state in 1976). Akwa Ibom state and Bayelsa state were splitted from Cross river(1987) and Rivers (1996) respectively.

Official "Niger Delta" States
President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2000 "expanded" Niger Delta to include SW Ondo state, SE Imo and Abia states , and SS Akwa Ibom, Edo and Cross river states. Thus, official Niger Delta states are the aforementioned plus the historical and cartographical Niger Delta (Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta states). All 8 states are the oil producing states in Nigeria.

This is undiluted truth. However fringes of the Delta touch Akwa Ibom, Imo and Abia States.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 5:49pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:

But if u meet an a delta north person whose name is chidera outside delta state, lemme say in a neutral state like rivers state and ask her where are u from, she wud tell u Delta-igbo...
Also does any Edo person answer Chidera, u guys have Bini ancestry but u guys abandoned ur Benin Language and adopted Igbo as ur language... only in Nigeria dat things like dx happens.

My g.s project was ob dialectal variation of the ika language, I am from agbor, thus an ika. i had to go home and do some research, that was what exposed me. This is a factual thing not as i wish. Check the culture of most anioma tribes, check their festivals.. you will understand better my points. The problem is many persons are so lost that they do not know anything abt their land, if you are an ika ask a palace chief about our history.. you will be in awe! The evidence is all over, even the deities in most anioma places are foreign to igbos but yet similar to the binis. am typing from a phone, when i get to my p.c i would explain better. Well why do i bother, u can chose to call yourself anything but an agbor person is ika not delta igbo.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 24, 2015
Abagworo:

This is undiluted truth. However fringes of the Delta touch Akwa Ibom, Imo and Abia States.
yeah, especially around d western part of Imo state and d southern part of Abia state, don't know much abt Akwa ibom and it's geography.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DelticStephEn(f): 5:51pm On May 24, 2015
Scholes007:
It funny how people claim and at the same time dent the image of other people jst because of here say

@ DelticStephEn
How are you dear?
am good & you?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

My g.s project was ob dialectal variation of the ika language, I am from agbor, thus an ika. i had to go home and do some research, that was what exposed me. This is a factual thing not as i wish. Check the culture of most anioma tribes, check their festivals.. you will understand better my points. The problem is many persons are so lost that they do not know anything abt their land, if you are an ika ask a palace chief about our history.. you will be in awe! The evidence is all over, even the deities in most anioma places are foreign to igbos but yet similar to the binis. am typing from a phone, when i get to my p.c i would explain better. Well why do i bother, u can chose to call yourself anything but an agbor person is ika not delta igbo.
I don't know anything about Agbor. This is actually the first time I am even knowing it's delta igbo, I used to think Agbor was part of urhobo.

4 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by BlackTechnology: 5:52pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

thanks for d compliment.
but i have to help grow her up.
all his/her behaviour & attitiude is too childish.
but i keep noticing shes/he's far from growing up.

Na wa oooo

See breasts oooo

Tell us your handwork grin
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 5:52pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:

Thank God you have finally chosen to speak maturedly instead of threatening. Lastly if you don't know Agbor and you are a deltan, then you must be a very naive person. Agbor is one of the ika towns, headquarters of ika south lga. The governor-elect Ifeanyi okowa is an ika.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 24, 2015
Very true. Despite the various efforts by opponent of the Midwest agitation to cajole your people and muscle them out, your people stood firm. I wish other monarchs can be so tough.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 5:54pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
we will be waiting. God knows that I personally have plans for every one of u.
We are also waiting!
The last time Bini, Urhobos and Itshekiri spared those who claimed non-ibo but subsequently, they have started behaving like the saboteur they were from the start!
Even a british author wrote many yrs ago that those who inhabited Delta apart from the Urhobos, Isokos, Itshekiris and the ijaws, were the Binis who were trooping into Delta in large no!
We are definitely waiting!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 5:54pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
I don't know anything about Agbor. This is actually the first time I am even knowing it's delta igbo, I used to think Agbor was part of urhobo.

Lol thats funny. Agbor and urhobo is like milk and oil, the difference is clear. I guess you are not a deltan though.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

Thank God you have finally chosen to speak maturedly instead of threatening. Lastly if you don't know Agbor and you are a deltan, then you must be a very naive person. Agbor is one of the ika towns, headquarters of ika south lga. The governor-elect Ifeanyi okowa is an ika.
I never for once said I was from delta neither did I say am from Abor.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

We are also waiting!
The last time Bini, Urhobos and Itshekiri spared those who claimed non-ibo but subsequently, they have started behaving like the saboteur they were from the start!
Even a british author wrote many yrs ago that those inhabited Delta apart from the Urhobos, Isokos, Itshekiris and the ijaws, were the Binis who were trooping into Delta in large no!
We are definitely waiting!
yeah... time shall tell.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Scholes007(m): 5:57pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

am good & you?
cool... are you the one on that picture? undecided undecided

በጸ ጸቸቸደበcደ ነበተደበdደd
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 5:59pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
I never for once said I was from delta neither did I say am from Abor.

O.k that explains your generalisations and assumptions, it will do you well not to speak on topics you do not know much about. Am i surprised? This is nairaland where the average joe have no proof of most of the things he choses to speak of.

Lastly its Agbor not Abor.. else tomorrow u may start an arguement on how it is spelt, you may even claim it is a derivative of the english word Abhor.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 24, 2015
To me anybody is free to choose where they belong, I believe in equity. If tomorrow Abia people comes and says they are from Cameroun and that they are not igbo's we wud show them the way to the door.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

O.k that explains your generalisations and assumptions, it will do you well not to speak on topics you do not know much about. Am i surprised? This is nairaland where the average joe have no proof of most of the things he choses to speak of.
I said delta igbo in my comment and u branded urself one... so is it my fault. or did u see Arbor in my comment cheesy cheesy grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 6:08pm On May 24, 2015
lygn19:
yeah... time shall tell.
People who don't learn from history repeat it!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by HiGod: 6:12pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
The term "Niger Deltan" is not restricted to agitation for resource control. It is like saying the term "Catalan" is only used when secession is demanded in Barcelona, Spain. On the "South South" I agree with you because it was borne out of divide and rule tactics. The NDDC, Min of ND Affairs and Amnesty programs are all tools by the State to make the people feel false sense of belonging while their resources are exploited.

Hausas/Fulanis were never interested in any region resources until Igbos opened their eyes. Each region control their resources until Igbo forced Unitary system of govt so as to control other region resources.

They failed to achieve this under Aguiyi Ironsi and made second attempt through civil war but were forced to eat humble pies.

You just woke from sleep and started shunning out lies and crap.

Just read what he wrote out of stupidity "for divide and rule tactics. Who is using divide and rule tactics when you and fellow stupid Ijaws could not account for trillions of dollars that had been disbursed to NigerDelta and NDDC over the years. You are your own enemies fool.

Have u ever heard the quote that says that the more you blame other for your misfortunes/failures as an individual in life, d more your destiny is left on the path of destruction.

Stop blaming Federal govt for your woes.

Federal government didn't come up with the idea of Niger-delta ministry and NDDC, your leaders did. They were the ones who proposed these Niger delta ministry formation and NDDC parastatal to the Federal govt just like amnesty program which were later accepted by Federal govt.

Look inward and old your Immediate Leaders responsible for your woes. If you guys are smart enough, you would have realised by now that you guys are the most foolish set of people on earth. Asari and his likes claimed to be fighting for you(the poors) in that region but became rich out of blue moon without a reliable source of income and you are here chatting shit as usual.

The only thing that would be achievable out these lies is nothing but War.

However, let me sound this warning to you and your fellow Ijaws that in eventuality of war, you are on your own either with Igbos or purely on your own cos I m very sure that Igbos would desert you when they see the ddevastation on Ijaw land. I think you are already witnessing how your fellow Ijaw man has been deserted and abandoned by the same Igbo who were rooting for him just few weeks ago. I m even praying that Satan would push you and your enemies-in-disguise under Gen Buhari to take arms against the Nigeria state, I want you to see the pains of war in your lifetime which would certainly be fought in predominantly ijaw area and your enemies-in-disguise area.

And please, don't come here to tell us that you are betrayed by Itsekiris, Edos, Urhobos, Egberis and even the few Ijaws in Ondo state. Looking at your history, it ll be stupid at your own side to think that those aforementioned tribes would support you in any fight.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DelticStephEn(f): 6:12pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

you are really funny.
i'm from Owa.
but allthis your claims are all wrong. i think you are the one who is lost and don't know about our land.
it's either you are part of the ika people called Ozzara who migrated from bini or that you have read our history and found out the truth that we have 99.9% ancestral root from igboland but you still refused to accept that it is just the truth.
so many of us from Anioma have engaged in hectic argument about this but after so much research,we were able to trace our origin to igboland.Apart from language,cultural & name similarity, i have had enough evidence that our ancestors are from igboland.
the problem with us igbo in south south is that we always fail to differenciate dialete from language and tribe from ethnic group.
that when some one say that we are igbo with reason that we speak igbo and bear igbo name,some set of people will giv excuse that we speak similar language that sound different,and some of us will say that we answer english name does that make us an English?.forgeting that Dialete is not the same thing with language.
i used to be like this fighting anyone that dare to call me igbo,but d argument between me & some of our anioma elders got so tough that i had to go into deep research.
and low and behold they were right.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Abia Tribunal: Uproar As Minister Of Justice-Designate Fagbemi Shows Up In Court / Osinbajo Held Meeting With SANs For 5 Hours, Before Insisting On Keeping Magu / MURIC Blasts Governor Wike For Declaring Rivers Christian State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.