Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" (32591 Views)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Adebola Irede Daniel Bags Distinction In UK (Photos) / Nigeria Investigating Connection Between Niger Delta Militants And IPOB - Sahara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by atlwireles: 9:04pm On May 24, 2015
[s]
LKO:
Warri/Delta province and Edo would not be part of Biafra struggle, when the chips are down, we would certainly realign with our yoruba brethren in south west Nigeria. The Aniomas in Delta can be part of Biafra, but the Urhubos, Itskekiris, Edos have always being brothers to the Yorubas and it would remain so for ever.
[/s]
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by gawu1: 9:05pm On May 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Rather than cutting and pasting you should start by defining what does the Word "Delta" means? Next you should state the very fist literary reference to the term Niger Delta and how that has developed and then also the "confusion" that makes it necessary to do your piece or attempt the clarifications.

A very shoddy piece of shoddiness, I am afraid
This is the best criticism I have read of the write up. You have just expressed my mind. The writer attempted to bamboo his audience asserting historical tone.
Besides misrepresentation of facts, for instance that south south was coined by IBB regime in 1991, the whole write up begs for historiographical questions, some of which you have just observed and pointed out. But that's problem with cut and paste.
Thanks for the intellectual eyes, less some gullibles have started crediting the piece as excellence.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Gr8amechi: 9:15pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
With Due respect Sir. I don't see how our demand for an end to marginalisation and a better deal stops our local officials from performing. The NDDC, Min od Niger Delta and even Amnesty programs are never a part of our demand. Why must I be comfortable with 13% peanuts when our demand for improved derivation to 50% of what is earned and political restructuring? Have we at any time elected Asari, Ateke or Tompolo to administer Amnesty peanut to us? Did we even ask for Amnesty or NDDC or ND Min? I think we need to distingusih between what we want/need and what we currently get.

Thank you
my brother I am a Niger deltan I also feel Ur pain, now do you remember how we betrayed ourselves when some of our sons where fighting for resource control?? my point is GEJ was the president for Five years why didn't he bring about the much needed resource control?? this is why I really hate the beast called GEJ, now we are back to crying and begging, Amnesty like you said wasn't what we asked nor oil wells but some of our sons got it and kept silent isn't that height of betrayal?? Like I will always say I will agree with you if you first acknowledge that GEJ betrayed the ND he had the chance of putting a full stop to our marginalization but he forgot where he was coming from. We will keep doing the shouting while they keep getting fat and feeding on the little we have, enough is enough before the masses cry for more let our governors make most of what we have already.....like I will say again until we know the root our problems we will not get anywhere, GEJ would have used the national conference to bring about this change but this guy was busy thinking about 2nd term this is why I still hate his actions and inactions
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by hansad: 9:17pm On May 24, 2015
HiGod:

Hausas/Fulanis were never interested in any region resources until Igbos opened their eyes. Each region control their resources until Igbo forced Unitary system of govt so as to control other region resources.

They failed to achieve this under Aguiyi Ironsi and made second attempt through civil war but were forced to eat humble pies.

You just woke from sleep and started shunning out lies and crap.

Just read what he wrote out of stupidity "for divide and rule tactics. Who is using divide and rule tactics when you and fellow stupid Ijaws could not account for trillions of dollars that had been disbursed to NigerDelta and NDDC over the years. You are your own enemies fool.

Have u ever heard the quote that says that the more you blame other for your misfortunes/failures as an individual in life, d more your destiny is left on the path of destruction.

Stop blaming Federal govt for your woes.

Federal government didn't come up with the idea of Niger-delta ministry and NDDC, your leaders did. They were the ones who proposed these Niger delta ministry formation and NDDC parastatal to the Federal govt just like amnesty program which were later accepted by Federal govt.

Look inward and old your Immediate Leaders responsible for your woes. If you guys are smart enough, you would have realised by now that you guys are the most foolish set of people on earth. Asari and his likes claimed to be fighting for you(the poors) in that region but became rich out of blue moon without a reliable source of income and you are here chatting shit as usual.

The only thing that would be achievable out these lies is nothing but War.

However, let me sound this warning to you and your fellow Ijaws that in eventuality of war, you are on your own either with Igbos or purely on your own cos I m very sure that Igbos would desert you when they see the ddevastation on Ijaw land. I think you are already witnessing how your fellow Ijaw man has been deserted and abandoned by the same Igbo who were rooting for him just few weeks ago. I m even praying that Satan would push you and your enemies-in-disguise under Gen Buhari to take arms against the Nigeria state, I want you to see the pains of war in your lifetime which would certainly be fought in predominantly ijaw area and your enemies-in-disguise area.

And please, don't come here to tell us that you are betrayed by Itsekiris, Edos, Urhobos, Egberis and even the few Ijaws in Ondo state. Looking at your history, it ll be stupid at your own side to think that those aforementioned tribes would support you in any fight.

No body taught you that in Ironsi's unitary government system, 50% of wealth that was derived in any region was retained by the region;

that in Ironsi's unitary government system, regions still maintained some degree of autonomy;

that it was when the Fulani/Hausa saw crude oil in large quantities that they gradually started dividing Nigeria's regions into states, and ultimately proliferated 19 states +Abuja in the once one region north of Nigeria, but only created 17 states in the once three regions south of Nigeria.

With political representation from these states, north thus holds overwhelming political representation in any gathering of Nigerians.

Normally, at the end of states creation, the new states ought to be equal multiples of the number of region's that existed when states started to be created.

In no other country of the world was new federating units like states created using land mass as criterion, as was done in Nigeria by northern Nigeria soldiers.

Yakubu Gowon who started state creation lamented in Kaduna about three years ago that states creation was eventually hijacked to create a super political class in one section of Nigeria - north, no doubt.

After creating the 36 states, northern soldiers supervised the ultimate 1999 constitution to legit the political structure which makes north take home most of the revenues shared in Abuja since then.

To worsen matters, north has chased out non-northerners that once lived in the north who would have enjoyed the development infrastructures provided in the north with oil money.

In no other country in the world does a situation exist where people from one part of the country cannot comfortably settle in another part of the country.

One Nigeria still exists because of crude oil in the south of Nigeria.

You ignore what problems keep you second class citizen in Nigeria, but vent your spleen on Igbophobia.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by einsteino(m): 9:24pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Busted!
You're no Ika!
How can you be argueing Ika ancestry with other Aniomas?
@einsteino, Not all Anioma came from Bini! Only the Ukwuani and the Ikas has ancestry with the Bini. As a matter of fact, Ika which is Eka was shortened from Ekadolor which is a Bini language.
The Enuanis, the aniocha/Oshimili to be precise has their ancestry with the ibos! Even the igbodo part of Ikas has been desecrated with the nomadic ibos!
So, don't be suprised when some are claiming ibo!
Its a matter of time, the shaft will be separated from the wicks!
I wonder what ibos are doing in the midwestern/old western region! Does it resemble the eastern region?

My dear its not our fault, the generations before us did a poor job at informing us of these. Hence people now second guess based on the similarity of their language alone. I too was ignorant till i had that project to do.

Anyways i have to stop the debate cos even some of my kin are in the dark and i am not paid to enlighten anyone.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by BlackTechnology: 9:29pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

hahaha.
let it keep shouting Change oo
cos this very Change it's shouting is Lust.

From lust to love cheesy
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by rexbuton: 9:42pm On May 24, 2015
From the way barcanista spelt Oba Eweka I instantly knew that it was an Igbo man talking.. The essence of this post of yours is to draw common grounds between the south and the east just as you referred to Bayelsa as old eastern states. In classifying people we do not work based on the government's classification but based on who the people say they are.. The bosniaks, slavs and croats were locked in a country for so long but they never misunderstood the fact that they were just neighbours and not brothers..
Since parts of Imo are oil producing , den good.. Let biafra go away and have Imo as their oil producing area , we don't have to tie all the OPAs together because they have a common resource.. Just follow my plan let's see if the Imo people would allow you use their oil to develop the entire south-east.. Charity shiuld begin at home.
All these talk of cutting and claiming should stop.. Barcanista I feel you are too intelligent for what u wrote up there

2 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On May 24, 2015
gawu1:

This is the best criticism I have read of the write up. You have just expressed my mind. The writer attempted to bamboo his audience asserting historical tone.
Besides misrepresentation of facts, for instance that south south was coined by IBB regime in 1991, the whole write up begs for historiographical questions, some of which you have just observed and pointed out. But that's problem with cut and paste.
Thanks for the intellectual eyes, less some gullibles have started crediting the piece as excellence.
As fela said . In the country of the blind the one eye man is king........
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 9:45pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

My dear its not our fault, the generations before us did a poor job at informing us of these. Hence people now second guess based on the similarity of their language alone. I too was ignorant till i had that project to do.

Anyways i have to stop the debate cos even some of my kin are in the dark and i am not paid to enlighten anyone.
DelticstephEn is no Owa! She is an impostor!
How can she not know Owa greetings which is 'Owa adagba ni Ikoha' which means Owa, whose ancestors came from Ikoha. They greets this way because their founder, Adagba, a bini man came from Ikoha in Ovia in Benin!

And don't be decieved, the Aniocha/Oshimili are ibos!

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 9:52pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:

you even sound more funny than i imagined.
have you heard of the Ugbodu community in the heart of Anioma Where Oluku mi, a derivative of yoruba are enclaved.
from all your write up here i'm even beginning to doubt that you are from anioma .
if not then it must be that you have not done your research very well.
c'm on, everything about this is written clearly both on history text books and on the internet.
why are you trying to twist it?
do yourself a favour and do some research about this.
it will help you alot
He's didn't doubt your Owa origin but you're questioning his Agbor Origin, see ibo logic!
How does Owa greet its people make thunder fire that lieing mouth of yours?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 9:56pm On May 24, 2015
DelticStephEn:
you have the right to choose who and whatever you wanna be and so do i. i don't have any lineage or ancestral root with bini people. as simple as that.
Because you are an ibo who should be in the east!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by rexbuton: 9:57pm On May 24, 2015
NAIJASOM:

[b The King himself has spoken. ]Ok the above is from a true Anioma king who trace his ancestors and even know them by names. Aniomas are igbos with a different dialect. Simple [/b]
How can somwone with ancestors names efeizomo, obaigbena, okundaye and egboba be an Igbo man? Are these Igbo names? As the lineage traces backwards the names get more specific to a particular tribe, can't u see that u guys are devoid of logic?
That kind is obviously leaving something out or he doesn't know his history.. So the binis gave them new names because they went to help them fight? How long did the Idah campaign last? The binis blocked the fulanis at idah river and made statues, after the fulas shot arrows at the statues for long and they didn't fall , they ran back.. The defense force did not pursue for long.. It was the kogi tribes who tool the battle personal.. There are records! So the time frame is too short to have converted these 'nri kings' and gave them new names

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 24, 2015
LKO:
Warri/Delta province and Edo would not be part of Biafra struggle, when the chips are down, we would certainly realign with our yoruba brethren in south west Nigeria. The Aniomas in Delta can be part of Biafra, but the Urhubos, Itskekiris, Edos have always being brothers to the Yorubas and it would remain so for ever.
Bros, you sure say you know wetin you type? Which re-alignment? The Edos and Deltans that said they will rather die by the nukes that remain with Yoruba in the Midwest? Do you have any idea the reasons for Midwest struggle?
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by LKO(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2015
Learning
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by postmann: 10:05pm On May 24, 2015
[quote author=DiademSh07 post=34061927]
Which land was your fore father's land? Was it empty when you came there?
You ibos in Delta state are just refugees![

Which land did your forefather stayed before their last known migration? Was your current land empty when your folks settled in?
Who speak without the knowledge. Blinded by hatred and envy, your swords of attack are so blunt and baseless.

The present location of the aniomas has always been their home from the earliest recorded history. No history recorded any other tribe that stayed there before us.
If that hurt you so much, then i'm sorry for you. You have no cure than to swallow the bitter pill.
Even agbor dialect is completly inteligent to south eastern ibos but completly uninteligent to binis.

Ignorance is a big disease. It hurts you deeply to even fathom that ibo are indigenous to states outside the SE. Your envy and hatred have driven you into madness.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 10:07pm On May 24, 2015
Abagworo:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=108169

When and how did you become a king?

I ascended the throne on September 6, 1959 almost 57 years now. I succeeded my father. There were previous kings before him; I have the history. My father was Efeizomor, I; my grandfather was Steven Ekoko Obaigbena, my great grandfather was Okundaye, his father was Egboba and so on. The lineage goes back all the way to 16 predecessors on this throne. It is hereditary. That’s how I became the king.

Were you given a new name at the time of your coronation?

I was asked to choose and I felt it was necessary for me to choose my father’s name. He was Efeizomor I and I am Efeizomor II.
Please explain how this kingdom came into existence

That is a very long history. From what we have on record, documented by the British in 1932, the Owa people migrated from Nri, somewhere in Anaocha Local Government in Anambra State, in the 12 century. Beginning from that time, we settled at Ute Kingdom and in the process, there was a war between Benin and Idah. So the Oba of Benin needed military reinforcement and he called on Ute Kingdom which the Obi of Ute provided. The Obi’s first son, Odogwu and his immediate younger brother, Ozomo led a contingent of soldiers to assist Benin in the military campaign against the aggressors. The operation lasted for about three years. So when Odogwu came back, it was discovered that his father had since died and as it were, since they did not know whether Odogwu was still alive, as there was no means of communication, they installed his younger brother as Obi of Ute. When Odogwu and his immediate younger brother, Ozomo came back, they discovered that their younger brother was on the throne but Odogwu having some military knowledge was not prepared to unseat his brother or declare war against him. He decided to go to the shrine and removed the essential spiritual ingredients and headed forth towards this direction with Ozomo. It was in the process of their journey that the spiritual pot that was directing their movement fell down which was the instruction that wherever the pot drops, they should settle there. So they eventually settled in this place called Owa-Oyibu. Odogwu settled here and asked Ozomo to move a little distance from him, about two kilometres which he did and he settled at Owa-Alizomor. He settled there as a buffer so that in the event of any attack, his brother with his troop will be able to offer resistance before the supply base can provide the main force. That instrument removed from the shrine is the medicine for growth and development of the community. So you can find that the whole thing is working very well to the advantage of Owa because Owa is growing in leaps and bounds. Everybody who enters Owa prospers.
Where is the tape! If he gave the interview of recent then it should have been taped! It's impossible to belive ibos, whose lies can raise the dead! How can someone whose father is Efeimozor Obaigbena be an ibo? Is Efeimozor Obaigbena an Ibo name? Ibos don edit and cook the story, expecting us to digest it!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Abagworo(m): 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
rexbuton:

How can somwone with ancestors names efeizomo, obaigbena, okundaye and egboba be an Igbo man? Are these Igbo names? As the lineage traces backwards the names get more specific to a particular tribe, can't u see that u guys are devoid of logic?
That kind is obviously leaving something out or he doesn't know his history.. So the binis gave them new names because they went to help them fight? How long did the Idah campaign last? The binis blocked the fulanis at idah river and made statues, after the fulas shot arrows at the statues for long and they didn't fall , they ran back.. The defense force did not pursue for long.. It was the kogi tribes who tool the battle personal.. There are records! So the time frame is too short to have converted these 'nri kings' and gave them new names

Odogwu and Ozomo are Igbo names. Why not ask yourself why you speak Igbo despite being proximal to Bini. It can only happen either through colonisation or overwhelming influx of Igbos which I doubt. Delta Igbo bears characteristics of Igbo with Bini influence and not Bini with Igbo influence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by eneidoko(f): 10:08pm On May 24, 2015
You called "South South" artificial creation of Nigeria while you thought the British creation was non-artificial. It showed where your sentiment lay.
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by postmann: 10:09pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Which land was your fore father's land? Was it empty when you came there?
You ibos in Delta state are just refugees!

Which land did your forefather stayed before
their last known migration? Was your current
land empty when your folks settled in?
You speak without knowledge. Blinded by
hatred and envy, your swords of attack are so
blunt and baseless.
The present location of the aniomas has always
been their home from the earliest recorded
history. No history recorded any other tribe that
stayed there before us.
If that hurt you so much, then i'm sorry for you.
You have no cure than to swallow the bitter pill.
Even agbor dialect is completly inteligent to
south eastern ibos but completly uninteligent to
binis.
Ignorance is a big disease. It hurts you deeply to
even fathom that ibo are indigenous to states
outside the SE. Your envy and hatred have driven
you into madness.

2 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by LKO(m): 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
Many points being raised
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Macelliot(m): 10:11pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:
There is no such thing as delta igbo. Get ur facts right

The people you call delta igbo do not share any ancestry with igbos, rather most have theirs from the binis.
Pls sir.. Come again.. What did you just said?
If dem born you well, come to Asaba and tell us say we no be Igbo..
Dem go beat you black and blue...

3 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 24, 2015
Gr8amechi:
my brother I am a Niger deltan I also feel Ur pain, now do you remember how we betrayed ourselves when some of our sons where fighting for resource control?? my point is GEJ was the president for Five years why didn't he bring about the much needed resource control?? this is why I really hate the beast called GEJ, now we are back to crying and begging, Amnesty like you said wasn't what we asked nor oil wells but some of our sons got it and kept silent isn't that height of betrayal?? Like I will always say I will agree with you if you first acknowledge that GEJ betrayed the ND he had the chance of putting a full stop to our marginalization but he forgot where he was coming from. We will keep doing the shouting while they keep getting fat and feeding on the little we have, enough is enough before the masses cry for more let our governors make most of what we have already.....like I will say again until we know the root our problems we will not get anywhere, GEJ would have used the national conference to bring about this change but this guy was busy thinking about 2nd term this is why I still hate his actions and inactions
Again Sir, the Niger Delta does not start and end with the ambition of Goodluck Jonathan. Please take your anti-GEJ somewhere.

Whether our Governors or LGA bosses used their earnings to drink beer or not will not and cannot stop our agitation. All our delegates in both the 2005 and 2014 Conferences did not betray our course- That some politicians feed fat does not mean we should shut up!

4 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 10:15pm On May 24, 2015
postmann:
Abeg, get off my face!
That Arsene Wenger and his ethnic group speak germanic language stopped him from being a french?
Is ethnicity traced by language or ancestry?
Buch of revisionist!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
Who's proud of the arrangement called Nigeria that was done for the Business interests for the Brits without seeking the opinion of my people? We are advocatin for a renegotiation or referendum to secede.
eneidoko:
You called "South South" artificial creation of Nigeria while you thought the British creation was non-artificial. It showed where your sentiment lay.

2 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by DiademSh07: 10:23pm On May 24, 2015
Abagworo:

Odogwu and Ozomo are Igbo names. Why not ask yourself why you speak Igbo despite being proximal to Bini. It can only happen either through colonisation or overwhelming influx of Igbos which I doubt. Delta Igbo bears characteristics of Igbo with Bini influence and not Bini with Igbo influence.
Ethnicity isn't traced by language but by ancestry! Get that into your skull!
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Gr8amechi: 10:24pm On May 24, 2015
barcanista:
Again Sir, the Niger Delta does not start and end with the ambition of Goodluck Jonathan. Please take your anti-GEJ somewhere.

Whether our Governors or LGA bosses used their earnings to drink beer or not will not and cannot stop our agitation. All our delegates in both the 2005 and 2014 Conferences did not betray our course- That some politicians feed fat does not mean we should shut up!
see you don't get it, let's first know what we are fighting for, so what's your point ?? why didn't GEJ do the bidding of the ND?? the youths have been taken too much for granted, you and I waste our time and mb discussing and fighting over nothing my point is let the struggle be genuine, not CHOP I CHOp that it is now.....let the govt stop dropping money or giving chief or state govt money let them give basic amenities to those that need it, sorry to say but even you that is shouting I don't think you live in those ND village if you do you would know what am saying, try pay visit to some of thshe thick ijaw village and most other ND community, there is no potable drinking water, no good school, no good health care, please be realistic the FG alone or resource control is not our problem but RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 10:35pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Ethnicity isn't traced by language but by ancestry! Get that into your skull!
Read what you just wrote you imposter mascurading as an Agbor man. Don't drag other proud Igbo's of Ika origin into your dance of shame you dummy. Go tell the Dein of Agbor that he has Bini ancestry and see if you won't be skinned alive. Ode.

4 Likes

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 24, 2015
Gr8amechi:
see you don't get it, let's first know what we are fighting for, so what's your point ?? why didn't GEJ do the bidding of the ND?? the youths have been taken too much for granted, you and I waste our time and mb discussing and fighting over nothing my point is let the struggle be genuine, not CHOP I CHOp that it is now.....Let the govt stop dropping money or giving chief or state govt money let them give basic amenities to those that need it, sorry to say but even you that is shouting I don't think you live in those ND village if you do you would know what am saying, try pay visit to some of thshe thick ijaw village and most other ND community, there is no potable drinking water, no good school, no good health care, please be realistic the FG alone or resource control is not our problem but RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Permit me to back out of this conversation citing the emboldened! Whenever a Niger Deltan argue along this line, I get irritated and insulted. You don't expect to build a society on a fraudulent foundation. What is happening is that the system allows for the government to impose their stooge on the people and those that will do their bidding. When the Midwesterners were calling for separate region from the West, some of their prominent politicians opposed it. In fact, the West created Min of MidWest affairs but it doesn't stop the agitation. Abeg U can relax because this agitation must see the light of day whether local politicians perform or not.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by cheruv: 10:51pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Where is the tape!
If he gave the interview of recent then it should have been taped!
It's impossible to belive ibos, whose lies can raise the dead!
How can someone whose father is Efeimozor Obaigbena be an ibo?
Is Efeimozor Obaigbena an Ibo name?
Ibos don edit and cook the story, expecting us to digest it!
this is shamelessness!
masturbating on Igbo issues is a cancer Ofei' tribesmen need to get rid of

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by postmann: 10:53pm On May 24, 2015
DiademSh07:

Abeg, get off my face!
That Arsene Wenger and his ethnic group speak germanic language stopped him from being a french?
Is ethnicity traced by language or ancestry?
Buch of revisionist!

Youre really hard to ignore. Your type of ignorance is very atractive. Study well, you seem half-baked in knowledge . I dont mean to attack your person but youre damn right irritating with no manner of self-respect. Youre so poorly bred that you dont know your place or rights. Neither do you have respect for people or their ethnicity. You lack shame.

Youre an outsider. you dont have any moral ground to assert what or where delta ibo are or came from.

Germanic language means language that sporn out of old german language. Not neccessarily the people. english, dutch, etc are grouped under the germanic language. Arsene Wenger is French, cos his language is distinct from germany. And so is England.
Language and culture are the first determinant that points to what tribe a people are.
Some communities can trace their ancenstry further than others even when they are related.

Africans hardly domimate others to the extent to clean their language.
My local government has a tiny group of people who spoke olukumi language - an ancient yoruba language , despite being tiny and in the middle of a large ibo speaking group, they never lost their language till today.

So what makes you think the delta ibos lost theirs to influence from SE ibos?
We have always spoken ibo. We dont share lineage with bini.
Let this bad news settles in and choke the envy, evil hatred out of your soul.

1 Like

Re: Distinction Between Niger Delta, South South And "Niger Delta" by Macelliot(m): 10:57pm On May 24, 2015
einsteino:

Do you know people bear abiodun, ikponmwosa, irabor in agbor? go to the palace of the dein of Agbor and make inquiries. for example agbor is short for Agbonifo(meaning lineage), tell me how that name makes sense in igbo. Tell me how ofugbon which means palm oil makes sense in igbo. I also remember watching a traditional ruler of one anioma town(been long cant remember d exact town) recount their history and it wasnt far off from what i am saying.

lastly onye owa.. you know someday, an owa person will claim they were never same as someone from agbor. He may even cite that he has a different crown he answers to, by then people would have forgotten how it all happpened. I once used to call myself delta igbo, but as i grew up i started asking questions and despite the fact i grew up at home, no one seemed to provide good answers till i had that project to write. I sometimes wish we have a nicely documented history like the binis who even have the addresses of the tombs of all their queen mothers(even those who were buried 2 centuries ago). hopefully someday one of us will put these things together. Right now we face an immediate danger of the ika language been lost, this is worse than not having a record of ur ancestry.

Furthermore it is going to be impossible for an igbo to even genuinely accept an anioma as his kin. There is no magic you can do to make that happen and it is same with aniomas. What i am yet to find answers to is how come the igbo language is so dominant amongst aniomas, certainly some aniomas must have been migrants from igboland. But that is a topic for another day, the unfortunate thing is we hardly have a well kept history. And as more aged people die, so does our history.
You still have a long way.... Do research bro! There's nothing like "Delta-Igbo."
The word "Delta" is a mere geographical expression.. Igbo is Igbo... Ika is a dialect, and not a language....
There are more than 70 Igbo dialects.... Many communities in Enugu, Imo state e.t.c do not understand their different dialects at all, but the "Central-Igbo" binds them all.....
A Nsukka man can never Understand a single bit of the dialect spoken by an Owerri, Ohafia, Abakaliki man, unless they speaks in "CENTRAL-IGBO.."

Can you tell me that the indigenes of Asaba has more link to bini kingdom than to the Onitsha-Igbo speaking people
Asaba I know is 100% Igbo and 0.0000000% Bini....
That's fact, deal with it...

Anioma means "good land" in Igbo...

Anioma is a term coined by Chief Dennis Osadebey to classify the Igbo-speaking people of Delta state...

The former President of the Ohaneze Ndigbo (Chief Ralph Uwachue) is an Anioma Man...

Miss tourism of Delta state, an IKA says she is proudly Igbo.
https://www.nairaland.com/2206851/checkout-beautifull-miss-tourism-asaba

I don't blame you though! You grew up among the Igbo haters...
#Political_division

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Firefighters Wash New Roads In Imo In Preparation For Commissioning / I didn't disobey Traffic Lights,they Were Not Working. Sen Akpabio / Abakaliki And The Umahi Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.