Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

My Church Closed Early Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Church Closed Early Today (1019 Views)

"Don’t Bring Stolen Money To My Church As Offering!" - Sarah Omakwu / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. / I Don't Fall When Touched By My Church Pastor For Annoting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Church Closed Early Today by Seye25(m): 3:30pm On May 24, 2015
I am an instrumentalist. After the sunday school, my Pastor approached the choir and said praise and worship should be 15 mins or less. Shoi!!..

Every segment of the service was snappy. Our regular closing time is 12.30pm, surprised to see the Benediction was rendered at 10.30am

Reason unknown.....but credits to fuel scarcity.....

The Gen went off 15 mins after closing.........reason, weekly services still dey...

who is responsible GEJ or GEJ?

What happened at your end today?
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Princecalm(m): 3:32pm On May 24, 2015
My question now is- should earthly things disrupt the service of God proper?

1 Like

Re: My Church Closed Early Today by ArchEnemy(m): 3:39pm On May 24, 2015
Princecalm:
My question now is- should earthly things disrupt the service of God proper?
it will, one way or the other.
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by psucc(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2015
What happens to offerings? Do you still had the regular offering or just once?
If regular, then you people cheat God!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Seye25(m): 3:46pm On May 24, 2015
psucc:
What happens to offerings? Do you still had the regular offering or just once?

If regular, then you people cheat God!!!!

Lol..... that's normal...but no special thanksgiving.....
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Princecalm(m): 3:52pm On May 24, 2015
ArchEnemy:
it will, one way or the other.
and should a measure like the one being done in Op's church be one to evade it?
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Seye25(m): 4:01pm On May 24, 2015
Princecalm:

Bro, Churches and mosques uses fuel like that of a hotel and club and other business... Wisdom is needed.

I drove with almost an empty tank to church and back... i hardly accelerated on my way (wisdom)

1 Like

Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Princecalm(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2015
Seye25:

Bro, Churches and mosques uses fuel like that of a hotel and club and other business... Wisdom is needed.

I drove with almost an empty tank to church and back... i hardly accelerated on my way (wisdom)
tell me what will happen if they worship God with out those electrical instruments.
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Seye25(m): 4:16pm On May 24, 2015
Princecalm:
tell me what will happen if they worship God with out those electrical instruments.

With a large congregation, this might be difficult....unless it's an average congregation where the speaker can be heard audibly.
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by ArchEnemy(m): 5:58pm On May 24, 2015
Princecalm:
they were trying to manage limited resources..
Imagine a big church where you ll hardly hear the Pastor without a microphone. How ll they cope without light and fuel?

1 Like

Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Princecalm(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2015
ArchEnemy:
they were trying to manage limited resources..
Imagine a big church where you ll hardly hear the Pastor without a microphone. How ll they cope without light and fuel?
haven't you heard of public address system?
Re: My Church Closed Early Today by Princecalm(m): 7:42pm On May 24, 2015
Seye25:

With a large congregation, this might be difficult....unless it's an average congregation where the speaker can be heard audibly.
we have also got public address system.

(1) (Reply)

Japan Shut Down Radical Islam Entirely… And Here’s The Simple Way They Did It / Awful: Blind Prophet, Wife And 2 Children Buried In Abia (photos) / Welcome To Your Month Of “laughter And Rejoicing”.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.