Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down (17803 Views)

Erisco Foods Shuts Down Nigeria’s Factory, Relocates To China / Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / FCMB Shuts Down Branches, Sacks Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by dhesire(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2015
Is he the messiah?
Just asking though.
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by massinola(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2015
k
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by tbaba1234: 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
Oil workers on strike
Health workers just announced theirs
Lowest Power generation in years
No Fuel for private power
No salary to buy fuel
No job to change to
Increasing domestic and foreign debt
Depleted foreign reserve
Poor infrastructure development inspite of this.
Longest fuel crisis in recent history.

Yet some dolts would say GEJ is a hero.. Is this how cheap heroism comes these days??

Seriously, May 29 can not come soon enough.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by kings09(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
Jona do , pack ur tins n go sharp sharp

3 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
biafransoul:
Can baba one chance do it?

If he starts from the idea that Nigeria does not have enough resources...and makes education our valued resource....yes.

From the article...Pass the books , hold the oil.

Add it all up and the numbers say that if you really want to know how a country is going to do in the 21st century, don’t count its oil reserves or gold mines, count its highly effective teachers, involved parents and committed students. “Today’s learning outcomes at school,” says Schleicher, “are a powerful predictor for the wealth and social outcomes that countries will reap in the long run.”

Speaking of which....how is education in your region? I know firsthand that rural education is just as bad as the North.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by sammyj: 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
Baba #TAG should be open sharp sharp to this effect as this clueless administration hand over !!! cool cool cool grin
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by rollindollar(m): 6:25pm On May 24, 2015
gmb all d way...cnt wait 4 d change...
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by haitto99(m): 6:26pm On May 24, 2015
*shakes head.........jona deserves to be stoned
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by bmsteady(m): 6:27pm On May 24, 2015
Sahi Baba
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Holyfield1(m): 6:28pm On May 24, 2015
Nigerians been waiting for Buhari to take over since 1763 B.C grin grin grin grin.......But who will pay the 60billion dollars debt.....Buhari?
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Toktee(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2015
No wonder,buhari refused to speak to Alison criminal madueke.

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by sammy329(m): 6:29pm On May 24, 2015
okonelfg:
B
B for Buhari
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
We want Buhari to get us off oil dependency by investing in education, refineries, power, and public transport.

And Agriculture
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Supergal01: 6:30pm On May 24, 2015
That somebody's name is Goodluck does not mean the person will bring goodluck.
Jonathan's days in office has clearly shown this.
Some people will come now and say history will be kind to Jonathan.
History is not a fool.

4 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by fasbat(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2015
Adesiji77:

http://businessdayonline.com/2015/05/citizens-wait-on-buhari-as-nigerias-economy-shuts-down/#.VWHt8k9Viko

Cc: lalasticlala, Ishilove
#400 for transport fare from Ile-epo to Oshodi ! Ha, may God do d lives of d supporters of Jonathan as GEJ did to ds country! I want big amen....

4 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by fineguy11(m): 6:32pm On May 24, 2015
biafransoul:
Can baba one chance do it? The so called agents of change via Oando owned by the Tinubus collaborated with other marketers and Nupeng and Pengassan shut down the economy but it took the patriotic nature of an Igbo man through Ifeanyi Uba to come to the rescue once again. In Nigeria, we know the true patriots and the confirmed saboteurs and hypocrites parading as agents of change. So mr Buhari, over to you.
u mean ifeanyi uba the subsidy thief?

1 Like

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by baybeeboi: 6:33pm On May 24, 2015
bushdoc9919:
We want Buhari to get us off oil dependency by investing in education, refineries, power, and public transport.

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by iykedare(m): 6:33pm On May 24, 2015
sonOfLucifer:
Buhari is not the Messiah. The People have a role to play. We must protect the next President from APC and PDP. We must hold the National Assembly to their word. We must watch the government from day 1. Transparency and accountability. No more stories.

Sensible post. Its not about the party but the person.

These Nigerians just can't see it

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by darlenese(f): 6:34pm On May 24, 2015
Said baba miracle

Said baba messiah ,

Nigerians are waiting oooooo
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by redcliff: 6:37pm On May 24, 2015
biafransoul:
Can baba one chance do it? The so called agents of [b]change via Oando owned by the Tinubus collaborated with other marketers and Nupeng and Pengassan to shut down the economy [/b]but it took the patriotic nature of an Igbo man through Ifeanyi Uba to come to the rescue once again. In Nigeria, we know the true patriots and the confirmed saboteurs and hypocrites parading as agents of change. So mr Buhari, over to you.

So much foolishne.ss from one man..
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by millionboi(m): 6:38pm On May 24, 2015
Dis is prepared. By APC cohorts......very. Soon we wil sssee wat u ppl can offer
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 24, 2015
baybeeboi:

Thank you very much, kind sir, for your gracious words.

And as a token of my appreciation and gratitude, I leave you with this...

Read me

Read me too darling!

I demand you read me, good sir!

Resource dependency.....
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by 989900: 6:38pm On May 24, 2015
ebamma:
I dey laugh oh
Baba one chance were no sabi the meaning of subsidy na him was change naija economy
#we shall see

Comeback when you can prove ur smarter than Mr. "1st person".

1st Person: "Do you know anything about this fax-machine?" 2nd Person: "A little. What's wrong?" 1st Person: "Well, I sent a fax, and the recipient called back to say all she received was a cover-sheet and a blank page. I tried it again, and the same thing happened." 2nd Person: "How did you load the sheet?" 1st Person: "It's a pretty sensitive memo, and I didn't want anyone else to read it by accident, so I folded it so only the recipient would open it and read it."

2 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by deebrain(m): 6:41pm On May 24, 2015
CR77:
Nigerian are expecting too much from Buhari

Buhari is not a magician

True. But you don't need magic to address fuel, electricity and security issues.
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by CR77(f): 6:43pm On May 24, 2015
True talk
deebrain:

True. But you don't need magic to address fuel, electricity and security issues.
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by lion042(m): 6:44pm On May 24, 2015
CR77:

I hope baba atijo go do magic 4 us
...But his promises during campaign sounds like a magician

3 Likes

Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by CR77(f): 6:45pm On May 24, 2015
True talk tongue
lion042:
...But his promises during campaign sounds like a magician
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by ITbomb(m): 6:49pm On May 24, 2015
Jona just hang on, 5 more days to go We will endure, don't pay those demonic marketers
Ifeanyi Ubah well done
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 24, 2015
sammieguze:
Buhari is in soup.

The expectations of the masses is very high.

Debts are high

Resources are low.

Yet, everyone thinks buhari will solve all our problems.

I think if buhari can just solve power and fuel problems permanently, Nigerians will be grateful.

Very very grateful.

The guy must be regretting the fact that he won now.

He just inherited an empty purse.
lol ur last statement got me laughing.. Though its true
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 24, 2015
bogolobango:
I won make GOD fast forward the 5days b4 uncle jona alias mr clueless go kill nigerians with fuel scarcity
hahahahaha u call ur president alias wetin? Lol he has only 5 days remaining. So since he cant make up to impress nigerians, he wishes to destroy it
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by hansad: 6:59pm On May 24, 2015
CR77:

I hope baba atijo go do magic 4 us

Magic?

.Nigerians are hurting themselves.
Ethiopia is a miltiethnic country like Nigeria. But Ethiopia practices Fiscal Federalism. It is just announced that Ethiopia is one of the fastest growing economies in Africa.

Before he died in 2012, former Ethiopian Prime Minister boasted that what kept Ethiopia United and fast developing was its Fiscal Federalism.

But in Nigeria, because of crude oil in the Niger delta region, the north and SW regions clutch tightly to a now most monstrous form of unitary government system never practiced in any country in the world.

The SW ask for Fiscal Federalism during the night but reject it during the day.

Some sections take some sections of the country as conquered estates. That's why Fiscal Federalism is being seriallty denied in Nigeria.

And the population degenerate to dependents on hand outs from government.
Re: Citizens Wait On Buhari As Nigeria’s Economy Shuts Down by MymothersKeeper(f): 7:15pm On May 24, 2015
One a brighter note, baba said $1 will equal N1
I fuel my Renault for $3.89 today so if by 2018 fuel is not N3.89 kobo per litre, the army must go into administration because all these ole gbe ole gba Don tire person

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Business Ideas / How Can A Nigerian Sign Up For Clickbank Affiliate Program? / Chikki Chicken Foods - Location And Contact Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.