Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,870 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? (834 Views)

OPINION: What Can CBN Learn From MMM?- Punchng / My Opinion: What Mmm Should Have Done #thinkingaloud / Should I Put This Money Into MMM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by psalmade(m): 5:20pm On May 24, 2015
Hello nairalanders I need your opinions and advice on this issue. I made an online transfer last two weeks,I got debited but my beneficiary told me he didn't see anything. So I called my bank and they said they would check it.Days later my beneficiary told me he has gotten the payment. I was at rest that my transaction was successful,days later I got refunded from my bank with the same amount. I called my bank and explained to them I was told I should reiniate the transaction (which my beneficiary has confirmed to be successful so I'm having money that is not mine in my account. What should I do pls. Need your opinions Thanks
Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by kilokeys(m): 5:22pm On May 24, 2015
dont think it..

wait it out.. maybe 1month.
if e still dey dia.. guy.. lick am

1 Like

Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by Greyworld: 5:26pm On May 24, 2015
kilokeys:
dont think it..

wait it out.. maybe 1month.
if e still dey dia.. guy.. lick am
Yu sound ma area boys, "lick am" abi na sweet?

Op na correct advice him give yu o yu sha go reason am .
Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by Neduzze5(m): 5:28pm On May 24, 2015
Send it to me lemme identify and redirect it to where it should go

Acct Name: Neduzze
Acct No: 0065732419
Bank: Fidelity bank
Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by missKiffy(f): 5:34pm On May 24, 2015
Wait for a while, if the money is still there, it's your gain. If they realise their mistake they will remove it, if after a while they don't remove it, it's all yours
Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 24, 2015
psalmade:
Hello nairalanders I need your opinions and advice on this issue. I made an online transfer last two weeks,I got debited but my beneficiary told me he didn't see anything. So I called my bank and they said they would check it.Days later my beneficiary told me he has gotten the payment. I was at rest that my transaction was successful,days later I got refunded from my bank with the same amount. I called my bank and explained to them I was told I should reiniate the transaction (which my beneficiary has confirmed to be successful so I'm having money that is not mine in my account. What should I do pls. Need your opinions Thanks

My advise is that you do not spend this money. leave in a savings account for as long as it takes for the bank to come for it because they will. In the case of Cecil Brook Vs Midland Bank, 1963 it was held that the customer was not obligated to return the money because he was not aware that the money was not his. In your case you already notified the bank about the seeming mistake and you will not be estopped from saying that you were not aware of the mistake. Estoppel was the basis of that case and will be the basis if they come for you. Please do not spend the money, rather leave it in a savings account. Good luck
Re: Opinion: What Do I Do With This Money That Is Not Mine? by psalmade(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2015
Thanks to everybody that contributed. God bless you all

(1) (Reply)

The Federal High Court Freeze Jimoh Ibrahim’s Worldwide Assets Over N50b Debts / Tired Of Today's Nigeria Bad Economy? Do These! / Which One Do You Prefer To Crash?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.