Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Farewell To Chelsea's All-time Greatest..... Farewell To Didier Drogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Farewell To Chelsea's All-time Greatest..... Farewell To Didier Drogba (695 Views)

Access Bank Shades Man United After It Lost 4 - 0 To Chelsea (photo) / Psg V Chelsea Preview....chelsea All The Way! / Psg V Chelsea Preview....chelsea All The Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Farewell To Chelsea's All-time Greatest..... Farewell To Didier Drogba by jpride(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2015
Drogba: 'Today's my final Chelsea game'.

I say Thank You for the penalty at Bayern Munich..The goal that made us whole..
The goal that made men wept..
I won't forget in a haste.. Today's match is a time of celebration as we receive
the Premier League trophy but we also say goodbye to one of our greatest ever stars as Didier Drogba has announced it will be his last game as a Chelsea player. The striker will go down as an all-time Blues great, not
least for his contribution in Munich when we lifted the European Cup three years ago. This season he returned to the club and, for the fourth time in his Chelsea career, won the Premier League.
He also added a third League Cup winners’ medal to his extensive collection. His significant contribution has been felt both on and off the pitch. Didier said: 'I want to play for at least one more season and in order to play more football I feel I need to go to another club. All the fans know my love for Chelsea and I hope to be back here in the future in another role.' The Ivorian first signed in the summer of 2004 and
went on to enjoy eight hugely successful seasons, which included numerous cup semi-final and final goals and many other match-winning moments. Following that magical night in Munich, when Didier equalised in the 88th minute and then slotted home the decisive Champions League-winning penalty, he left Stamford Bridge. He continued his career in China and then Turkey, before returning to Chelsea for a second spell under the manager who first brought him to the club, Jose Mourinho. This season he has scored seven times. His first goal since returning, a coolly converted spot-kick against Maribor, sent the Stamford Bridge faithful wild with
delight. His powerful header at Old Trafford, which put us in the lead, displayed all the skill and big-game mentality that has for so long defined Didier as an attacking maestro. In the dressing room, his experience and personality
have been an inspiration to the whole squad. With the Blues homing in on the title, Didier proved his worth - most notably at Leicester last month when he clinically equalised soon after the break to start an impressive second-half turnaround which put us within one win of the championship. Four days later, when we beat Crystal Palace, Didier again led the line as Stamford Bridge celebrated becoming champions again for the first time in five
years. Everyone at Chelsea Football Club would like to thank Didier for his fantastic service and he is always welcome back to Stamford Bridge. We are sure all our fans would like to join us in
wishing him well for the future and thanking him for giving us so many wonderful memories.

I miss Double D.. Never had this kinda attachment for any player..
Farewell in your career.....
Stamford Bridge anticipates your return...
'''Goodbye Drogba'''
''''Goodbye Legend'''
''''Goodbye Hero''''
''' I miss you''''''

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Sealing Chelsea Goalkeeper Petr Cech £11million Deal Next Week / All Transfer News And Rumours For Wednesday / HOW We Can Improve The Nigerian Premier League Comments Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.