Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn (10867 Views)

FG To Withdraw Subsidy On Fertiliser ā€“ Agriculture Minister / Subsidy On Petrol Falls To N576m Daily / Petrol Subsidy Hits N1.69bn Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by eliwa47(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2015
yimu, what is fuel subsidy?

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by boxypane(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2015
Pipsland78:

Bad leadership since 1960
But GMB's tenure back then as a military leader had refineries that produced over 450,000 barrels of crude oil products per day? How come u blame the APC for a problem romanced by d PDP? In a nutshell, d current fuel situation is a gang up between d clueless out going admin in collaboration with the so-called Oil Marketers. Come rain, come shine, come May 29, come true destiny of this great nation.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 24, 2015
boxypane:

But GMB's tenure back then as a military leader had refineries that produced over 450,000 barrels of crude oil products per day? How come u blame the APC for a problem romanced by d PDP? In a nutshell, d current fuel situation is a gang up between d clueless out going admin in collaboration with the so-called Oil Marketers. Come rain, come shine, come May 29, come true destiny of this great nation.
Successive governments in Nigeria have always been worse than the previous ones. Bottom line is Nigeria is simply incapable of producing top quality leaders, even the ones we are celebrating in Nigeria would be rotting away in jails in saner societies. What we do is celebrate mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by secretsofpeace(m): 10:47pm On May 24, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

ONLY THE IGBOS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS FUEL SCARCITY BECAUSE THEY VOTED GEJ. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES CALLING HIM THEIR HERO DUE TO THE MASSIVE SUPPORT THE IGBOS GOT FROM HS GOVERNMENT. IGBOS ARE TRULY THE BACKBONE OF THE SUFFERING OF OTHER REGIONS

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL.... FOOL ...FOOL and there is nothing you can DO about IT. IF UNA VEX WE GO BEAT UNA..IF WE VEX WE GO BEAT UNA.. YOU SEE WHY U ARE A BETE
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by cbaba: 10:50pm On May 24, 2015
Storage charge 3 naira na lie oooo!!! Dont mind them its less than 2 naira if u negotiate well with the tank owners. Which one be lightering charge? PPPRA sef is compromised...Taaaa who una wan diciv!

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Madamkilljoy(f): 10:58pm On May 24, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Fuel subsidy was not removed you guys occupied the streets and GEJ back tracked
The saying that 'we make war to find peace' applies in nearly all aspects of our lives. If we occupied the streets, as you've claimed, why didn't enforce the removal of subsidy on the premise that what he's doing is for the greater good of the nation and we would all live happily ever after. Ezen, I suspect that you're a handy tool in his circus. Continue defending his failure.

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by kennylawd: 10:59pm On May 24, 2015
Ishilove:

http://www.punchng.com/business/despite-scarcity-daily-subsidy-on-petrol-hits-n1-81bn/

Can someone find out the landing cost of petrol during 2012 struggle against subsidy removal and compare with this figures stated here. With crude oil prices dropping to almost 50% how come the landing cost remained the same and for crying out loud why did they reduced the pump price when they are planning subsidy removal?

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by san316(m): 11:01pm On May 24, 2015
As it is, the subsidy should stop. Lets be buying the fuel from filling station at 132 naira. At least it is better than buying black market fuel at 200 or 250.
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 24, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
When we said fuel subsidy should be completely removed you guys occupied Nigeria protesting like maniacs.Now the fuel subsidy is still being paid with no effective result especially in the sophiscated region that made the most noise
lol!!!no mind those western maloo. All they do is follow the wind like lightflies. Those illiterates are clueless I swear.

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by bornmekus: 11:31pm On May 24, 2015
Last minute looting.

3 Likes

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 11:31pm On May 24, 2015
There is too much leakage in the system!

3 Likes

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by lavatoz(f): 12:35am On May 25, 2015
Pipsland78:
You can never satisfy Nigerians. When Jonathan, Minister of Petroleum and minister of Finance wanted to remove fuel subsidy, most people including APC attacked them and called them all sorts of names. Now you guys are seeing the after effect of non-removal of subsidy and you are still complaining and calling them names.

What do Nigerians really want!!!
Nothing really. They just enjoy complaining grin

1 Like

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by undesopadec: 3:15am On May 25, 2015
72 Hours Ultimatum:
13% DESOPADEC RESTRUCTURING BILL PENDING BEFORE THE DELTA STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
Worried by the refusal of the Delta state house of Assembly to expeditiously pass the DESOPADEC restructuring bill, pending before the Delta State house of Assembly.
Concerned that the bill seek to allow producing communities have absolute control of 50% of 13% Derivation component.
Angered by the fact that the leadership of the joint communities have exhausted all avenues and appealed to the Delta State House of Assembly to pass the said bill.
The Leadership of Itshekiri, Ijaw, Urhobo, Isoko and Ndokwa communities of Delta State commences a warning joint action to ensure the total closure of all production facilities in Delta State pending the passage of the bill.
The combined ethnic nations have jointly issued the leadership of the Delta state House of Assembly and the outgoing governor has been given 72 hours to expressly pass the bill.

ALL FACILITIES SHALL BE SHUT DOWN

Note: The news above is an excerpt, the complete News would be aired on Channels TV and newspapers within 24 hours.

For more information visit:

www.facebook.com/undesopadec

www.undesopadec.com

Video: http:///1KfTQl0
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 4:07am On May 25, 2015
Pipsland78:
You can never satisfy Nigerians. When Jonathan, Minister of Petroleum and minister of Finance wanted to remove fuel subsidy, most people including APC attacked them and called them all sorts of names. Now you guys are seeing the after effect of non-removal of subsidy and you are still complaining and calling them names.

where is your brain? Subsidy has been part of Nigeria right from time. why is it problematic under Jonathan? With these kind of humans in Nigeria, i doubt if there will ever be progress.
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 5:21am On May 25, 2015
PDPwayoo:

where is your brain? Subsidy has been part of Nigeria right from time. why is it problematic under Jonathan? With these kind of humans in Nigeria, i doubt if there will ever be progress.
People like you love to live on govt handouts - lazy ass 'ofe nmanu'
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 5:33am On May 25, 2015
Pipsland78:

People like you love to live on govt handouts - lazy ass 'ofe nmanu'

no wonder. eheeeeee. i knew u must be igbo but i was just patient not to mention igbo and you brought yourself out to make mockery of your entire tribe. f0ol.
IM BETTER AND RICHER THAN UR ENTIRE FAMILY. I REPEAT, SUBSIDY HAS BEEN PART OF NIGERIA RIGHT FROM TIME, WHY IS IT NOW A PROBLEM? YOU PEOPLE SHIELD JONATHAN BLINDLY.

I dont live in Nigeria and i dont benefit from the subsidy. ............ I can afford fuel at 500 naira per liter when im in Nigeria. I USE GENERATOR AT LEAST 18 HOURS DAILY WHEN I VISIT NIGERIA. UR FATHER CAN NOT TRY IT, U R HERE WRITING RUBBISH WITH ABA MADE TECHNO PHONE.

Onye iberibe
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by lorddeni: 7:09am On May 25, 2015
Pipsland78:

What is wrong with people like you,are you just conditioned to suffer endlessly as long as a government appeals to ur primal instincts??

The 33 Naira subsidy removal then,pls explain to us what your ' Jonathan, Minister of Petroleum and minister of Finance ' have done with it in your area/zone. I live in Lagos & d only visible SURE-P project anyone knows is painting 3rd mainland bridge green & white.

2 eminent Nigerians{Chris Kolade & Gen. Agwai} invited to add credibility to SURE-P have left under a haze of controversy .

& this is d govt u want us to trust with such windfall-where d presidential villa has a billion food budget alone,a president who's bought more luxury private jets than any other in our history,dat not only pardons but enriches looters like Alams & subsidy thieves like Ifeanyi Ubah.

D Occupy protests were in January 2012- y has dere bn no single conviction of d subsidy thieves.If subsidy is to go fully,it was never going to be under GEJ without any shred of credibility to stand on. Subsidies didn't start under GEJ,what we should be asking is just how incompetent he's been to embolden oil marketers to not only pick d public till to their fill but to now become so empowered financially to totally cripple d economy because GE is owing them under a ridiculous no-risk template that includes compensating them for exchange rate differentials ad infinitum

& before people like u toe d line of GEJ bn treated ds way because he's from bayelsa/south-south/old eastern region & all,OBJ tried unsuccessfully severally to remove subsidy when it was at much more manageable 100-200 billion levls because local refining capacity is d root cause of all this so y wuld Jona's govt currently running a global record 90% recurrent expenditure budget on massive deficits having emptied tens of billions of dollars in reserves & d excess crude account accumulated by OBJ & UMYA with a record debt profile be trusted in any way to do d right thing with d windfall from removed subsidies?

If Buhari removes subsidies,it will be because he has built-up credibility & political capital to manage d Jonathan, Minister of Petroleum and potential savings well not because we just didn't like 'Jonathan, Minister of Petroleum and minister of Finance's faces.

PS:
If pple lyk u stay abroad btw,may d suffering u wish on poor Nigerians b yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 7:13am On May 25, 2015
PDPwayoo:

no wonder. eheeeeee. i knew u must be igbo but i was just patient not to mention igbo and you brought yourself out to make mockery of your entire tribe. f0ol.
IM BETTER AND RICHER THAN UR ENTIRE FAMILY. I REPEAT, SUBSIDY HAS BEEN PART OF NIGERIA RIGHT FROM TIME, WHY IS IT NOW A PROBLEM? YOU PEOPLE SHIELD JONATHAN BLINDLY.

I dont live in Nigeria and i dont benefit from the subsidy. ............ I can afford fuel at 500 naira per liter when im in Nigeria. I USE GENERATOR AT LEAST 18 HOURS DAILY WHEN I VISIT NIGERIA. UR FATHER CAN NOT TRY IT, U R HERE WRITING RUBBISH WITH ABA MADE TECHNO PHONE.

Onye iberibe
You must be an illiterate with no home training whatsoever. Folks like you can't make one complete statement without lacing it with insults. Good for you though.

You talk about money like you know me. Do I sound like I'm based in Nigeria? I will employ you and your entire family. Exchanging words with you is way below me so I'm just gonna let you be. Ignorance is bliss, relish in it.
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 7:13am On May 25, 2015
6ty6ix:

tank u jaree
where we go burn dat kush In ya bag. sho I almost forgot. I quit..
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 7:53am On May 25, 2015
PDPwayoo:

Onye iberibe

if you 're rich as you said u won't 've to justify urself....

why complain for what you can afford.....
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 7:59am On May 25, 2015
Im not complaining. why they have to remove it under jonathan? this is my point.
Even Jonathan benefited from subsidy and everybody did..why take it away cos one man is not fit for the job?
patmaine:

if you 're rich as you said u won't 've to justify urself....

why complain for what you can afford.....

Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by hasolalata: 8:17am On May 25, 2015
Subsidy is a daylight robbery...its a shame nigerians re still in d dark to c how few people loot our money..wt or wtout subsidy nigeria wil b perfect..remember wen baba wz d chairman PTF,he wz given 1 naira per barrel of crude oil n he had performed well..were is d 1.8bn per day subsidy money goin to?d poor nigerians re d ones always suffering..b4 a poor nigerian enjoys d FG in 3 ways..NEPA,water supply n petrol price..now,NEPA sold,subsidy removed n water supply no more..2day if petrol price falls to 40naira per litr,I swear,every poor nigerian wil ve his life at ease cz d price of every damn goods wil fall..eVery person is affected by this fuel scarcity..wat we shld b asking our selves is that "y d scarcity"?
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by hasolalata: 8:23am On May 25, 2015
secretsofpeace:

YOU ARE A BIG FOOL.... FOOL ...FOOL and there is nothing you can DO about IT. IF UNA VEX WE GO BEAT UNA..IF WE VEX WE GO BEAT UNA.. YOU SEE WHY U ARE A BETE

Hehehehehehe,guy,seriously?who u gonna beat?I guess d yorubas n hausas..na only mouth u get..don't worry,all kidnapping n gangsterism that u thing ur doing GMB wil end it..starting wt ur big Hero Asari..
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 8:32am On May 25, 2015
PDPwayoo:
Im not complaining. why they have to remove it under jonathan? this is my point.
Even Jonathan benefited from subsidy and everybody did..why take it away cos one man is not fit for the job?

it has to go so petrol can be deregulated. check out Wats happening in the telecom sector...let market forces determine the price. you will see how competition will drive down the price.
I remember when mtn told us that per second billing is not possible in Nigeria. but it became possible when glo came on board..
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 8:39am On May 25, 2015
patmaine:

it has to go so petrol can be deregulated. check out Wats happening in the telecom sector...let market forces determine the price. you will see how competition will drive down the price.
I remember when mtn told us that per second billing is not possible in Nigeria. but it became possible when glo came on board..

my brother there is poverty in the rural areas. some dont have electricity. the only thing they benefit from the govt. is fuel subsidy.
they need cheap kerosene to cook and fuel their lantern and buy petrol to fuel their motorcycle. they dont benefit from train in abuja or lagos or sure p.
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by lexy2014: 9:06am On May 25, 2015
Olamitisoji:
Buhari's govt should better do what they refused to let Jonathan's govt do. Remove the fuel subsidy and let us all feel the pain of buying at the normal price. The rich pple buy fuel in bulk which makes it pay them but we that buy 2ltr 10ltr we are always let with a token as little as 50naira or less. Remove the subsidy #babaonechance when you assume office. And make Nigeria a country that does not favour the rich alone. I noticed your party does that all Apc lead states favourable mostly the rich and costs the poor the hard earned fortunes.
" I noticed your party does that all Apc lead states favourable mostly the rich and costs the poor the hard earned fortunes" your quote is d greatest discovery of d 21st century cos am wondering if PDP was more favourably disposed 2d poor than APC was? Pls help me out bros
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by ekefre4(m): 9:18am On May 25, 2015
searching4lovee:
undecided

ONLY THE IGBOS ARE NOT AFFECTED BY THIS FUEL SCARCITY BECAUSE THEY VOTED GEJ. THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES CALLING HIM THEIR HERO DUE TO THE MASSIVE SUPPORT THE IGBOS GOT FROM HS GOVERNMENT. IGBOS ARE TRULY THE BACKBONE OF THE SUFFERING OF OTHER REGIONS
searching4lovee:
undecided

searching4lovee:
undecided

u must b a very confused child
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 9:43am On May 25, 2015
patmaine:

where we go burn dat kush In ya bag. sho I almost forgot. I quit..

kush in my bag is a rap song i luv so much but if u want puff i fit arrange
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by synergycom19: 10:13am On May 25, 2015
Most respondents here are ignorant of fuel subsidy Please GMB scrap this fraudulent agency
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by synergycom19: 10:54am On May 25, 2015
san316:
As it is, the subsidy should stop. Lets be buying the fuel from filling station at 132 naira. At least it is better than buying black market fuel at 200 or 250.
And how did you arrived at 132? In the US,the average cost per gallon is $3.56,that makes one litre to be #177.11 per litre at 199.00/$. Notes;this price includes 36% in federal and states taxes. Now if you take away the taxes,you have #113.35 left
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 25, 2015
6ty6ix:

kush in my bag is a rap song i luv so much but if u want puff i fit arrange

kush in my bag. by who. I 've quit smoking....
Re: Despite Scarcity, Daily Subsidy On Petrol Hits N1.81bn by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2015
Ishilove:

http://www.punchng.com/business/despite-scarcity-daily-subsidy-on-petrol-hits-n1-81bn/
ISHILOVE, OR WHATEVER DEM DEY CALL U, HE BE LIKE SAY U DEY CRAZE ABI? WETIN I DO DAT MAKE U BAN ME? EVEN IF U BAN ME I STILL GET MANY HUNDREDS OF ACCOUNT, EVEN IF U BAN MY IP I STILL GET PLENTY OF PHONES! IDIIOT!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Calls For Postponement Of Ondo Election / PDP Convention: Iā€™m Prepared To Work With Our New Officers ā€“ Jonathan / Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.