Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time (20417 Views)

Mikel Denies Being Punished By Chelsea For Playing For Nigeria At Rio. / Breakin Newz.... PAUL POGBA Arrive (CHELSEA) For Medical / Should Mikel Obi Remain With Chelsea For Another Season? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 24, 2015
Didier Drogba’s final Chelsea game ended in curious fashion as he was carried off by his team-mates during their 3-1 Premier League home victory over Sunderland on Sunday.
The 37-year-old striker had announced prior to kick-off that Chelsea’s last competitive match of the season would be the final appearance of his second spell at the club.
But after only 30 minutes at Stamford Bridge, and with Chelsea trailing 1-0, he was chaired off the pitch by his colleagues, having apparently succumbed to injury, in what transpired was a pre-planned send-off.
Referee Lee Mason was content for Drogba to depart in such unorthodox fashion and the Ivorian’s replacement, Diego Costa, subsequently equalised for the champions, who went on to win courtesy of Loic Remy’s brace.

Chelsea’s Ivorian striker Didier Drogba wears the crown holding a camera as he poses during the presentation of the Premier League trophy after the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and Sunderland at Stamford Bridge in London on May 24, 2015. Chelsea were officially crowned the 2014-2015 Premier League champions. AFP PHOTO
Drogba stood beside John Terry as the Chelsea captain received the Premier League trophy after the match and then addressed the crowd, saying: “It’s a difficult moment for me.
“This one is really special, because it’s going to be the last one as a (Chelsea) player.
“I want to thank first of all (owner) Mr Abramovich, because people keep talking about the amount of money he put in this club, but I think it’s a great investment looking on all the great years we’ve had and we’ve won everything.
“I want to say thank you also to (manager) Jose (Mourinho). You know how special he is for me. He gave me the chance to come back and the chance to come to this club.
“I want to say thank you to all my ex-team-mates, all the managers I played for under this shirt and a special thank you for this guy because without him and most of his assists there would not be the Didier Drogba celebration: (former Chelsea midfielder) Frank Lampard, thank you.”
– Finest hour –
Drogba returned to Chelsea last year, having previously spent eight years at the club between 2004 and 2012, winning 12 trophies and scoring the decisive penalty against Bayern Munich in the 2012 Champions League final.
The former Ivory Coast captain has contributed to Chelsea’s successes in the league and League Cup this season, but having only played a bit-part role, he has decided to leave Stamford Bridge for a second time.
Drogba joined Chelsea from Marseille in 2004 and played a key role in the team that won back-to-back Premier League titles in 2005 and 2006.
He won the league for a third time in 2010 and contributed to FA Cup triumphs in 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012, scoring in all four finals. He also tasted glory in the League Cup in 2005 and 2007.
His finest hour came in the 2012 Champions League final in Munich, when he headed in an 88th-minute equaliser to take the game to extra time and then settled a penalty shootout to give Chelsea their first European Cup.
He subsequently spent time at Shanghai Shenhua and Galatasaray, before returning to Chelsea to rejoin forces with Mourinho, who had first brought him to the club in 2004.
He retired from international duty in August last year, having scored a national-record 65 goals in 104 appearances for the Ivory Coast.
Chelsea said in a statement: “Everyone at Chelsea Football Club would like to thank Didier for his fantastic service and he is always welcome back to Stamford Bridge.
“We are sure all our fans would like to join us in wishing him well for the future and thanking him for giving us so many wonderful memories.”
Terry told the BBC: “It is an unbelievable day — the whole squad have been top class from day one — but a sad one with Didier leaving today

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/drogba-leaves-chelsea-for-second-time/

Cc: lalasticlala

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 10:16pm On May 24, 2015
Waooooooo...it's been a hard fought battle, now I know and believe that when you keep doing the right things, your blessings will always locate you at some point. Never give up and you will get there in life. This is for being FTC!!

Meanwhile...
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s4rnOG2O1qcbs8ao1_500.gif#show%20me%20the%20money%20gif%20448x306[/img]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by vislabraye(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2015
3rd and final time. Goodbye.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by profgaf(m): 10:16pm On May 24, 2015
FTC at last hurahhhhhh
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by youngvizzy1(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
Ftc cheesy
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by efilefun(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
Drogba's exit from the pitch was so lovely, even Abramovich stood up to applaud him... True Legend

youngvizzy1:
Ftc cheesy

profgaf:
FTC at last hurahhhhhh

lol whats the brand of your weed?

GGMU!!!

9 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by juniormusa(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
Legend Drogba,I remember all the important goals you scored for chelsea fc..You're truly a legend and all the chelsea fans appreciate your impact we will sincerely miss you king Didier..

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by ojayfrancis(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
First page
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by CountDracula(m): 10:17pm On May 24, 2015
King of d zanga

3 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Agimor(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2015
Blue is the color!

7 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Holyfield1(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2015
Drogba is a legend at Chelsea......Stamford bridge is like a home for him....i wonder if he will ever return to Cote D' Ivore

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by POPdecorator: 10:18pm On May 24, 2015
Is that not d cup wey mikel tear im hand?

Moreover up basa

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by saxwizard(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2015
mak him go hang boot nw.. e don try

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 24, 2015
profgaf:
FTC at last hurahhhhhh
youngvizzy1:
Ftc cheesy
ojayfrancis:
First page
Lol grin

Putting a thread with mobile phone really svckz meanwhile I heard Drogba buried an elephant @stamford bridge that's y Torres cud not perform? Is this true that he does all this juju things grin

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by 1miccza: 10:19pm On May 24, 2015
Ftc
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by tonididdy(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2015
Farewell uncle drogba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Tval(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2015
Legend

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by ToyinDipo(m): 10:19pm On May 24, 2015
A legend, but good news all the same, let's get another bench partner for Remi

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Humblebloke(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2015
He will be back.... To manage the club in the future!

Goodbye Drogba Legend!!!

5 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by oluwamile(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2015
I dnt knw y d lyks of KANU n okocha retired early,imagine eto n drogba still collecting dre money

3 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Mishydoo(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2015
One by one,dem don dey go.....remain Mourihno grin
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Holyfield1(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2015
profgaf:
FTC at last hurahhhhhh
For ur dream abi?
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by nerodenero: 10:20pm On May 24, 2015
Like Xavi, Chelsea win never forget Drogba, the Arsenal slayer.

Arsenal fans should not reply me as I won't respond. Barcelona rules! grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by bcjpevo: 10:21pm On May 24, 2015
Good one DD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by youngvizzy1(m): 10:21pm On May 24, 2015
vimi:

Lol grin

Putting a thread with mobile phone really svckz
why are you shinning your teeth
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by SexyNairalander: 10:21pm On May 24, 2015
I HATE CHELSEA
angry

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 24, 2015
undecided

HE IS ACTING LIKE A TYPICAL IGBO MAN THAT LOVES MONEY MORE THAN HIS/HER LIFE. WHY QUIT WHEN THE OVATION IS HIGH
Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by tayork(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2015
This time around,he ain't coming back,just came to carry trophy

1 Like

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Nickymezor(f): 10:22pm On May 24, 2015
Farewell king Drogs...we re gonna miss ya

3 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Holyfield1(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2015
Pipsland78:
Waooooooo...it's been a hard fought battle, now I know and believe that when you keep doing the right things, your blessings will always locate you at some point. Never give up and you will get there in life. This is for being FTC!!

Meanwhile...
[img]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3s4rnOG2O1qcbs8ao1_500.gif#show%20me%20the%20money%20gif%20448x306[/img]
Sharp guy he booked the land with ''F'' ni sha....Making FTC with just an ''F'' is a scam grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Drogba Leaves Chelsea For Second Time by Kayuspopo(m): 10:22pm On May 24, 2015
;Dfront page grin here goes d legend didier drogba....sori...adedidire aderogba

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ashley Young Returns To Aston Villa On Free Transfer From Internazionale / Vincent Enyeama Wins Ligue 1 Team Of The Year Award For Best Goalkeeper / Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.