Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? (2425 Views)

Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / Court Upholds Life-Imprisonment For Naval Officer / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by OsunAmazon: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2009
Couple defrauds retired naval officer N20.7m
… Swindles another N10.8m
Thursday, February 12, 2009

A couple in Lagos, Silva and Deegnat Saddih, are now being, investigated by police detectives for allegedly swindling a retired naval officer of N20.7m.

More Stories on This Section

advertisement

Daily Sun gathered that the couple allegedly used fake documents to duped another victim of N10.8m.

The Saddihs were alleged to have first, duped the Managing Director of Zanutes Oil and Gas Limited, Rear Admiral I.O. Agbaje (retd), of N20.7M. They allegedly used fake documents of two construction companies Renolds Construction Company (RCC) and Hitech, to facilitate the supply of five fuel tankers (33,000 litres each) of diesel which they sold and disappeared with the money.

It was the Divisional Police Officer of Festac Police Station, Usman Ndanbabo, who led a team of detectives arrest the suspects at their Bode Thomas, Surulere home.

Mrs. Saddih told Daily Sun that they had already spent two-and-a -half month in prison custody, after they were dragged to court by the retired officer over the matter.

The woman said the Police brought her from the prison custody to face another another allegation of defrauding the Director of Kris-Jorge Oil and Gas Investment Limited, Chris Aniemena, of N10.8m.

Mrs. Saddih, 30, from Oyo State, admitted forging the letter of domiciliation and the Local Purchase Order (LPO) from Reynolds Construction Company to supply four tankers (33,000 litres each) of diesel.

Mr. Aniemena told Daily Sun that Mrs. Saddih requested four tankers, adding that he only supplied three, valued at N10,890,000, to the suspect, after which she disappeared. The suspects were said to have operated, using the letter heading of their fake company, Purple Sky Limited.

Mr. Saddih, who claimed to be an artist, said he is the Director of Purple Sky Oil Company, while his wife is the Managing Director. He said they have agreed to refund, N1.5m, to the naval officer.

Mrs. Saddih claimed they sold the product at give-away price and used the money to service their debt. She claimed that one Rev. Isaac, was the middle man, who received the goods and auctioned them in Ibadan and Ogbomoso, in Oyo State.

She explained that she received the product at the rate of N4 million and sold it at N2 million, per tanker.

Agbaje, who spoke to the reporter on phone said: “I did a good thing for them (the Saddihs), but they paid me back with bad coins. I supplied them a product they would have made N200,000, from each of the five tankers. Even, they gave me a dud cheque. And the documents of the companies they tendered were forged,” Agbaje said.

Confirming the incident to Daily Sun, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Frank Mba, said: “The police are investigating the matter. There is on-going investigations into the matter. That’s all I have to say for now.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/feb/12/502.html
Re: How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by OsunAmazon: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2009
How much salary do they pay naval officers in Nigeria for one to cough out over N20M?
Re: How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by superboi(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2009
navy officers get paid a whole lot of dough especially the professionals, just like the airforce guyz too. they get paid other allowances and are always overseas hence earning foreign currency so 20m might be made legally.
Re: How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by jamace(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2009
The Saddihs were alleged to have first, duped the Managing Director of Zanutes Oil and Gas Limited, Rear Admiral I.O. Agbaje (retd), of N20.7M.
@ poster
This is serious. You wrote a story and interpreted it upside down. The naval officer is retired and is the MD of an oil and gas company and you think he can not boast of #20.7m? Haba, poster!
My brother, don't dub what you don't understand. You need to tender a serious apology to the Naval officer for defamation of his character grin.
Re: How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by multebrain(m): 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2009
naval office 20million naira hnnnmmmmm he should come and tell nigeria how he get his money ok that is what we need na wa ooo wonder shall never end in naija
Re: How Did A Naval Officer Get N20.7m? by edoyad(m): 11:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
multebrain: naval office 20million naira hnnnmmmmm he should come and tell nigeria how he get his money ok that is what we need na wa ooo wonder shall never end in naija

Reason with your brain my friend. A retired Rear Admiral is equivalent to a retired Major General in the Army. For you to get that far in the Military these days needs about 30 years of meritorious service. Any General not worth more than that after 30 years of service should be investigated for Financial imprudence.

(1) (Reply)

Why Buhari Should Never Be Voted For, By Wole Soyinka / El-dee Decries the Manipulative Use of his Name By GEJ Campaign Team / Nigeria Gubernatoral Election Results: Live Updates & News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.