Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,924 members, 7,806,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid (28515 Views)

3 PDP Members Arrested By Soldiers In Rivers Rerun (pics) / Militants Kill Three Soldiers In Nembe, Disguised As Mourners (Graphic Pics) / Newly Recruited Soldiers In Borno Take To The Streets To Show Their "Color".PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Islie: 11:33pm On May 24, 2015
Boko Haram fighters killed several people and destroyed dozens of homes in a raid on a town in northeast Nigeria’s Borno state, local residents, a vigilante and the military said on Sunday.
Scores of Islamist militants in trucks and on motorcycles stormed the town of Gubio, 95 kilometres (60 miles) by road north of the state capital, Maiduguri, on Saturday night.
“Boko Haram invaded our town last night and killed many of our people and burnt more than half of the town,” resident Babor Kachalla, who fled to Maiduguri following the attack, told AFP.
“We all fled into the bush amid volleys of bullets and rockets. We lost many people in the attack because the gunmen overpowered the soldiers guarding the town,” he added, without specifying a death toll.
Another resident, Adam Kakami, said the attackers, who were dressed in military uniform, withdrew after six hours.
“We stayed in the bush from where we could hear sounds of guns up to 3:00 am (0200 GMT) when the shooting stopped but we could see fire from all over the town,” he added.
“We decided not to return and moved towards Maiduguri because we were afraid they would return.”
Civilian vigilante Babagana Gunda predicted a high death toll because Boko Haram “had a field day”.
Last November the rebels invaded Gubio but were repelled by troops and vigilantes guarding the town.
A military officer in Maiduguri, who asked not to be identified because he is not authorised to speak to the media, said reinforcements succeeded in pushing the Islamists out of the town.
“The terrorists suffered heavy casualties but they inflicted large-scale damage on the town as half of it was burnt with rockets fired by the terrorists,” he added.
Boko Haram, which wants to create a hardline Islamic state in northeast Nigeria, has been pushed out of captured towns and territory since February by Nigerian troops with assistance from Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
The six-year conflict has claimed at least 15,000 lives and made more than 1.5 million people homeless.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/boko-haram-overpoweres-soldiers-in-deadly-maiduguri-raid/
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 24, 2015
I s l a m a b a d

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Vikkie14: 11:40pm On May 24, 2015
AFP and their plethoria News of Death. They are the first to publish any BH offensive. Any video uploaded will be seen by them FIRST before any other.

Yawns!

"sources" that has no name than :
"according to sources"
"one of the resident."
"A senior military source"

They aint just happy that Shekau III isn't able to upload his propaganda video anylonger.
I take any media news about BH with a pinch of salt as there are more symphatizers than Patriot.

Bunch of Lazy Journos relying on "sources" than investigating themself.

In AFP voice: "According to Sources.... But we have not "Independently" Confirm the situation..."

that's how they are blowing rubbish about "Mercenaries" all over the net as if they dont know the difference between a TRAINER/PMC and an hired MERCENARY.
Just imagine the headline and the content: OVERPOWERED.

Well, Nigeria is going through her trials, we will come out STRONG and REFINED.

#VictoryIsFromGodAlone
#GodBlessNigerianMilitary

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by blesseddivah(f): 11:43pm On May 24, 2015
lmao..
their ish
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 24, 2015
It seems this terrorism has really come to stay in Nigeria.

All we have to do now is cut their supplies and arrest the sponsors b'cos from what I'm seeing, Nigeria army is wasting resources killing people who have already condemned themselves to death.

Once they are out of ammunition, they will resort to carrying matchets which will make them vulnerable.

God will purnish all their sympathisers. undecided

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 24, 2015
not again! The last thing we want right now is BH adding to the already hard economy going on right now. May 29th plz do come and go so that Mr clueless and the worst political party on earth will allow Nigeria rest.
blesseddivah:
lmao..
their ish
OREMUSSANCTUS:
I s l a m a b a d

I fault ur comments, kindly modify. Regards *in MOD voice*

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by xammyx(m): 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
cry embarassed
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by mascot87(m): 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
The retard @ Aso rock should just hand over now. angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Motolank: 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
When will these killings end?
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Firefire(m): 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
Last fight before they get amnesty.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by DrObum(m): 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
Quite a pity!
RIP to the dead!
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by mcmukoko12(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2015
Hot prayer zones online delivery ministry with Evang. Ojo E. organize prayer points to defeat barrenness get the prayer points and get started
http://hotprayerzones..com/2015/05/receiving-anointing-to-conceive.html

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Leyqute(m): 11:45pm On May 24, 2015
In case
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by 1N9a: 11:45pm On May 24, 2015
shocked shocked sad

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by adonis89(m): 11:46pm On May 24, 2015
IdiAmin1:

All we have to do now is cut their supplies and arrest the sponsors b'cos from what I'm seeing, Nigeria army is wasting resources killing people who have already condemned themselves to death.

Once they are out of ammunition, they will resort to carrying matchets which will make them vulnerable.

arrest which sponsor? D sponsor u voted as president or wat

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 24, 2015
So much for a country as blessed as Nigeria...A country where stealing has become normal thing to do, despite the 1billion dollar the government borrowed.

Stealing is not corruption - GEJ

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Zonacom(m): 11:46pm On May 24, 2015
This guys de finish so
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by socialmediaman: 11:46pm On May 24, 2015
Where was Air support? These guys are getting more confident
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 24, 2015
Vote for change

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Vikkie14: 11:47pm On May 24, 2015
I don't just believe the news. Don't crucify me, i hate Bad news.

OP, even your topic is "hibernating". Which one is "Overpoweres" again?

I dislikes people spreading falsehood and sowing FEAR in the life of citizens. NA maiduguri unit are a hard nut for BH to crack. So, for you to say Soldiers were overpowered is damn hilarious to me.
BTW, i find it hard to believe any BH would moved in such convoy without the ATR, UAVs, Spotters, NAF and the Ground troops spotting them.
And from where did they came from? Sambisa? Hell NO.
Any group/attackers trying to sneak from Sambisa will be met by Ambush Soldiers at strategic points. So, am still not believing this FOR NOW.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by zinachidi(m): 11:47pm On May 24, 2015
i still dont know y dis boko haram is still a nuisance, most of them are not even well trained, just shoemakers and herdsmen and jobless youths who have d strength to carry firearms. Is our military not capable enough? Though personally i think they are trying, but if provided with more weapons and intel, we will defeat them.
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by UnknownT: 11:47pm On May 24, 2015
*in Northern leaders voice* Give Amnesty to Boko Haram members

*In Shettima's voice* Give NorthEastern states devastated by insurgency 17% Groundnut Oil derivation

*in my own voice* May the souls of the departed villagers rest in peace and victory to Nigerian Army #NeverAgain

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 24, 2015
Thatz whats up
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by iponrite: 11:48pm On May 24, 2015
i thought boko haram has been obliterated? wow this niggas dem be never say die
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by philips70(m): 11:48pm On May 24, 2015
IdiAmin1:

The man who was supposed to cut them in their embryo believed some side talks they were after his government because he is a southerner. Honestly if president Jonathan met these idiots with brute force early in his administration they wouldn't be having this zest they have now.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by exemen: 11:48pm On May 24, 2015
na wa ooooooooooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by searider(m): 11:49pm On May 24, 2015
Boko haram is killing our people everyday and the northern elders are seeking for amnesty for them. Do they seem like people who need amnesty let alone laying down their arms?

I would urge the Buhari administration to investigate those northern elders. They must confess their stake on boko haram insurgency.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by priscaoge(f): 11:49pm On May 24, 2015
These guys still remain? shocked
Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by priscaoge(f): 11:50pm On May 24, 2015
Shey their Sponsors elders want amnesty?? God is watching oooo angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Overpoweres Soldiers In Maiduguri Raid by DonaldGenes(m): 11:50pm On May 24, 2015
Ohh! The question is: those BH members were push ed out of the town to which other town?- something is wrong here,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki Contracts New Aircraft For Aerial Survey Of Benin City (Photos) / Election Results: Nationwide / EFCC Probes Buhari’s Ministers For Corruption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.