Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians (15429 Views)

Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Jonathan Urges World Leaders To Support Buhari’s Government / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by smsshola(m): 11:37pm On May 24, 2015
Outgoing President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday urged Nigerians to pray more for the success of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari and the incoming government to ensure that they do not make costly mistakes that could adversely impact on the citizens.

Speaking during the 2015 Presidential Thanksgiving and Inauguration Interdenominational Church Service at the National Christian Centre, Abuja, Jonathan said when he came on board in 2007, he similarly called for prayers from Nigerians as there were little he could achieve as a mere mortal.

"I thank you for the support and I will call on you to pray for us who are leaving, because probably today is the last day I will speak to you here as the President of Nigeria," he said.

"But you should even pray more for the incoming government because we are now trying to manage our private businesses while they are coming to manage the whole country.

"So they require more prayers because I can make a mistake and it will affect me, but if they make a mistake it will affect the whole nation. So I call on all of you and all religious bodies to pray for the incoming government to succeed because all what we want as a nation, both Nigerians at home and abroad, is for good government, prosperity, unity and peace. We cannot achieve that without the help of God.

"I am quite please today we are here not to celebrate disintegration of this country, but we are celebrating the unity of this country. We are here not for service for mass burial, but we are here having service to inaugurate the new incoming government.

"This being possible because of men and women like you who have been here praying for the country. God has designed everything."

He noted that the nation has many reasons to thank God despite some challenges it has faced since amalgamation and independence times.

Recalling that he was in the same church by this period in 2007 as the new Vice President elect under late President Umaru Yar'Adua, he pointed out that the only difference was that then was transition from PDP to PDP government while now is from PDP to APC government.

In his message, the Anglican Primate, Archbishop Nicholas Okoh noted that the thanksgiving and praises on behalf of the first family and the incoming government was a period for counting their blessings and give thanks to God like David did in the Holy Bible in Psalm 103.

According to him, God protected and guided Jonathan throughout his tenure.

He said: "It is the privilege of God that you are going home younger, in good health and with gratitude."

"As you leave office, you are leaving behind a new political attitude that no one's political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian."

He urged Jonathan and the first family to continue to trust in the Lord as the global stage now becomes his jurisdiction for peace promotion.

Okoh called on Jonathan and all Nigerians to forgive all those who have offended them especially in the campaigns and elections period.

He urged Nigerians to thank God for saving the country from evil predictions.

He said: "How many times in this country have we come to a hedge as if the country was going to break up and somehow we come out of it.

"Nigerians also rejoice because we are not running helter-skelter.

"God saved our country from the prophesy of doom. God saved us. The prophets of doom have been disappointed."

He said that even though Nigeria lacks some basic infrastructure, Nigerians are not hungry.

Stressing that peace is an essential ingredient for development, he urged Nigerians to properly manage the present peace in the country.

He also urged Nigerians to be patient with the incoming government as it takes time to build anything that will endure.

"And so, we appeal to Nigerians to avoid the syndrome of 'hossana' today, 'crucify' him tomorrow." He advised

He also appealed to the incoming government to complete all good projects of the outgoing government for the benefit of Nigerians.

Vice President-elect, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who attended the service with his wife Dolapo, thanked God and sang praises to God in Igbo, Delta, Hausa, and Yoruba languages when invited to the podium.

Stressing that CAN had said all that needs to be said, he prayed for God's mercy, compassion, peace, joy, strength and long life for President Jonathan and his family as they leave office.

He also prayed that God will make Nigeria what He has promised it to be.

Scripture Reading 1 was read by the Senate President, Sen. David Mark, from Isaiah 62: 1-7, while the Scripture Reading 2 was taken by Prof. Osinbajo from Luke 17: 11-19.

An award and two Holy Bibles were presented by the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to President Jonathan and his wife for his outstanding Christian humility in public service, especially conceding defeat after the 2015 presidential election for the sake of peace.

Two Holy Bibles were also given to Osinbajo and his wife by CAN.

Intercessory prayers were said for the first family, the executive, legislature and judiciary arms of government, the President-elect and his family, the Vice President-elect, the church and the nation.

Among those who attended the service include former Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (Rtd.), National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), John Odigie, First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha, CAN President, Ayo Oritsejafor,Service chiefs, Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Senator Anyim Pius Anyim and many cabinet members.
http://www.m.worldstagegroup.com/readnews.php?&id=22477&active=news

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by CHM11: 11:44pm On May 24, 2015
Baba one chance..lols...

I stand for Nigeria, not APC or PDP propaganda....

Btw OP where is your maggi, onions, gallic, salt, ginger, prawns, megs...infact where is your sauce?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 24, 2015
He better shut up before i ask the thunder wey dey do press up to hit am

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Gwan2(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2015
Am nt a fan of GEJ bt i doff ma hat 4 diZ man wit nt too common Charisma of an African leader..
The pressure n expectations awaitin d new govtment is palpable tankz to da incompetence of pdp led govtment in som areas.
Wishin GMB gud health, long life n Gods wisdom as he assume office com may 29.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:03am On May 25, 2015
Wetin concern you! Sebi you don show ya self by looking away from the economy you crippled with all of your wrong decisions , Jonathan abeg park well, keep your useless words to yourself ! angry angry angry

58 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by adamskutty(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2015
I think it will be better for president jonathan to keep his dirty mouth shut, it will be better for him to concentrate on relocating back to otuoke in style. grin

He decided to punish everyone because we didnt vote him to power, even his taniods supporters are not left out, temitemi no even get single bar for phone to type "gej my hero" "fayose my role model" again. grin grin

89 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by kodded(m): 12:03am On May 25, 2015
smackimorn:
Yes ooo grin

Pray pray pray

Meanwhile...
GEJ seriously dealing with those who didn't vote for him grin
SE/SS get fuel and light o cheesy

my brother na so we see am o....light dey yafu yafu

Fuel dey enough no queue grin

am just having sympathy for yolobas as they keep lamenting over the availability of fuel and the price of those found

5 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:04am On May 25, 2015
Yes ooo grin

Pray pray pray

Meanwhile...
GEJ seriously dealing with those who didn't vote for him grin
SE/SS get fuel and light o cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by tempest69: 12:04am On May 25, 2015
Toh
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by adamskutty(m): 12:04am On May 25, 2015
Haha! This man is kidding us o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by priscaoge(f): 12:06am On May 25, 2015
I still LOVE GEJ kiss.......Sure all he needs right now is prayers, thank God his 2nd is a Pastor cool cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:06am On May 25, 2015
Source doesn't seem too reliable
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:06am On May 25, 2015
Please just go sir, the costly mistake you made is now the reason why I can't even use my OWN money to buy petrol because it is 400/L (Lagos Nigeria). PHCN no even fit bring Bill because no light at all..

Farewell Mr president, I hope you won't join APC before 2019.

3 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by chidimmaaa(f): 12:07am On May 25, 2015
"Pray more for buhari?" Make we talk say he be good man bah? Gerrrwat joor! U've done enough damage.

15 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:07am On May 25, 2015
Thief, after u loot Nigeria finish. Na that same God go fire ur yansh.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by 1N9a: 12:07am On May 25, 2015
shocked shocked shocked

11 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:08am On May 25, 2015
GEJ I go swear for you o grin, what you're doing right now is nor fair lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by neutrotoba(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2015
Mr. President sir, will yhu keep quiet?

Since yhu really wanna talk, why not let's talk about FUEL

5 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by babasanti: 12:08am On May 25, 2015
This hausa people should get this into their dead skull, buhari won and Gej aaccepted cus its the will of GOD so usa,britain prediction will fail. GEJ my hero

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by deebrain(m): 12:09am On May 25, 2015
Ofcourse we are and would continue to pray for him-thanks to your final gift of fuel tribulation.

But sir, why did you allow yourself to be the Satan we are now praying against?

You really have a heart of stone despite the face of innocence!

6 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Donmarshal11: 12:09am On May 25, 2015
Who will pray for Nigerians with all these suffering
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:10am On May 25, 2015
Because we haven't yet released the gates of hell on your head for folding your arms while Nigerians suffer shey?

7 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:10am On May 25, 2015
I think he needs to pray more for himself and ask God to give him wisdom that has eluded him his whole adult life!!!! Otueke calling for the raging f00l!!!! True definition of a dim-wit!!!!

11 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by neutrotoba(m): 12:10am On May 25, 2015
babasanti:
This hausa people should get this into their dead skull, buhari won and Gej aaccepted cus its the will of GOD so usa,britain prediction will fail. GEJ my hero
Hiro Nakamura ni

5 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Daniel058(m): 12:11am On May 25, 2015
OK oga
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 12:11am On May 25, 2015
This clueless man will never knw peace for the rest of his life,sickness upon sickness in his household, nobody shld qoute me nonsense... I know wat i'm passing tru right now due to this oyel scarcity,oponu Ashiere.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by freedom96: 12:11am On May 25, 2015
Jona be like;I have seriously destroyed this country o.U guys need to pray for the next president to be able to fix it.

14 Likes

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Dandeson1(m): 12:12am On May 25, 2015
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Flashh: 12:12am On May 25, 2015
No need to tell us.

*Hypocrisy at its peak*

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by denedene(m): 12:13am On May 25, 2015
jona our son may your days be long, you have tried. come back n rest

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by Kingkamal(m): 12:13am On May 25, 2015
Jonathan pray for your self not be clueless again
Re: Pray More For Buhari, Jonathan Urges Nigerians by rabson23: 12:13am On May 25, 2015
Oga Gej you wey say make wee forgive you naso you want take pay us darisss god
o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sign Of Rejection: PDP Mocks Buhari, Tinubu For Booed And Stoned At Ogun APC Ra / Raid On Odili's Home Appeared Like Mission To Kill, Maim Her - Supreme Court / 3rd Lagos-Kano Train Service Flagged Off Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.