Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:54 AM

Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor (60886 Views)

Meet Nigeria’s Poorest Ex-governor - He Has 3 Mud Houses / You Cannot Break Into My House And Go Free – Jonah Jang Tells EFCC / Simon Lalong Accuses Jonah Jang Of Last Minute Looting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by lalasticlala(m): 11:57pm On May 24, 2015
The Plateau State Governor and factional Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, Jonah David Jang, has said he will be leaving office as the poorest governor in Nigeria.

Jang said this while speaking on Sunday at an interdenominational service to mark this year’s Democracy Day, which happens to be his last after eight years of stewardship in the state.

He challenged his critics to go check the records and prove otherwise, insisting his government is submitting a detailed handing over note, which copies he said he wished every Plateau State citizen has.

Jang, who made his last appearance in such a capacity, said he will be meeting for the first time face to face with his successor, Barrister Simon Baki Lalong, during the May 29 hand over.

He told the worshipers not to blame President Goodluck Jonathan for the woes of the country but rather the fall in oil price.

The Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Titus Ayuba Alams, apologized to workers of the state for the lack of payment of their salaries.

Alams said it was not intentionally done but was largely as a result of the dwindling income of the state government.The Plateau State Governor and factional Chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, Jonah David Jang, has said he will be leaving office as the poorest governor in Nigeria.

Jang said this while speaking on Sunday at an interdenominational service to mark this year’s Democracy Day, which happens to be his last after eight years of stewardship in the state.

He challenged his critics to go check the records and prove otherwise, insisting his government is submitting a detailed handing over note, which copies he said he wished every Plateau State citizen has.

Jang, who made his last appearance in such a capacity, said he will be meeting for the first time face to face with his successor, Barrister Simon Baki Lalong, during the May 29 hand over.

He told the worshipers not to blame President Goodluck Jonathan for the woes of the country but rather the fall in oil price.

The Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Titus Ayuba Alams, apologized to workers of the state for the lack of payment of their salaries.

Alams said it was not intentionally done but was largely as a result of the dwindling income of the state government.

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/i-leave-office-as-nigerias-poorest-governor-jang/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Vivly(f): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
Ok Bye Bye.

31 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by kodded(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
embarassed
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by abdulhadi101(m): 12:00am On May 25, 2015
G

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Holyfield1(m): 12:01am On May 25, 2015
Who you wan deceive?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Nobody: 12:02am On May 25, 2015
Dat shld be from a pdp governor
We don't steal public funds
We not like tinubu ameachi and co
We re d real change cum transformation
Odas re fake "change"
Quote me, and may ya life be I s l a m a b a d e d

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Nobody: 12:02am On May 25, 2015
Prove that to me not by declaring your assets but by cursing yourself with Amadioha. Then I can confirm that you're the poorest.

The poster above me sha.. O gba suru

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by SkyBlue1: 12:04am On May 25, 2015
Congratulations but I think your ward would have preferred more solid achievements . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by sholatech(m): 12:08am On May 25, 2015
Most likely true, if compared to other Governors. But he has become richer than before he was voted Governor of Plateau State. And his wife and second son now far richer than him(winks)

9 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Swegzfreak: 12:10am On May 25, 2015
Heya
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by priscaoge(f): 12:12am On May 25, 2015
Hehehehhehe, no be small matter ooo. All Governors need to declare their assets, Gov T.A Orji comes to my mind undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by donphilopus: 12:15am On May 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Odas re fake "change"

I guess the following Governors: Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel and Jolly Nyame et al, governed their respective states under the umbrella of APC! We all know all the aforementioned former Governors are saints and have never gone to court for prosecution. Guy, pls stop taking that kinda weed.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by likata: 12:17am On May 25, 2015
very possible because nothing in jos to steal but i still dont believe him.
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by iphy42: 12:18am On May 25, 2015
Oya declare your assets before becoming governor and after.
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Nobody: 12:21am On May 25, 2015
You can leave as a cripple for all I care.

3 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by bogolobango(m): 12:34am On May 25, 2015
Whts wrong with dis mumu

2 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by priscaoge(f): 12:37am On May 25, 2015
Yorubbish:
You can leave as a cripple for all I care.

Y evils? cheesy cheesy cheesy See vextion ooo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Nobody: 12:49am On May 25, 2015
priscaoge:

Y evils? cheesy cheesy cheesy See vextion ooo cheesy
You are sweet!
I don't have to see you to know that.
Anyway, hope you're getting the best of our thing?
If not, I am just an inch beside you.

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Vikkie14: 1:17am On May 25, 2015
He may be right but NO GOVERNOR IS POOR even after leaving office. They cant be the same as at when they ascend throne.
They have Life Salaries, fleets of cars, houses in choice places, swelling accounts etc. So, where does being poor set in.

I quite understand that he meant "among the out going governors".

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by markidoo(m): 2:40am On May 25, 2015
Jang Who u help? Na so we go dey loyal till we get hunchback.
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by MUMINATED(m): 3:25am On May 25, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Odas re fake "change"
This man supposed to be at a vetenary hospital,psychiatric unit embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Chiefpriest1(m): 4:52am On May 25, 2015
But sincerely, the guy is telling us the truth. It's just that he didn't explain that his kind of poverty is the poverty of the mind and not of wordly riches.

A man who claims that 16 is bigger than 19 must be really poor...mentally.

7 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by starlight101(m): 5:00am On May 25, 2015
abdulhadi101:
G
G for goat are u a goat??

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by omenka(m): 5:11am On May 25, 2015
If word on the street is anything to go by, then this man performed incredibly well compared to most of his colleagues. Save for the Governors Forum brouhaha, he conducted himself like true leader during his 8years in the saddle.

May he enjoy a peaceful retirement.
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Sholah96(m): 5:57am On May 25, 2015
Baba sowi
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Lipzlikeshugar(f): 6:09am On May 25, 2015
love this man
Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by CertifiedFreak(m): 6:13am On May 25, 2015
he should give his own definition of "poor."

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by MrKodak(m): 6:18am On May 25, 2015
yeah right. And your son is leaving office as the richest son.

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by kokoA(m): 6:19am On May 25, 2015
How is that my business Mr. 16 is greater than 19? Just park your load and go for good.

1 Like

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:28am On May 25, 2015
donphilopus:

I guess the following Governors: Lucky Igbinedion, James Ibori, Gbenga Daniel and Jolly Nyame et al, governed their respective states under the umbrella of APC! We all know all the aforementioned former Governors are saints and have never gone to court for prosecution. Guy, pls stop taking that kinda weed.
No governor of AD/AC/ACN came under the searchlight of EFCC. PDP is full of thieves. This same Jang lavished millions of naira in the name of producing customized spoons and fvcks for the Government House.

3 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by Sunshineluv(f): 6:33am On May 25, 2015
Chai! Mr Governor, you can lie ooo. The kind money you and your son(Yakubu) stole in Plateau state ehh! Hmm there is God oo.

2 Likes

Re: Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor by otokx(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2015
Lies upon lies.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Must Accept Defeat. PDP To Buhari. / Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Chidozie Ojobor: Buhari Rejected Scholarship List Because No Northerner On It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.